The "Zappa Plays Zappa" Tour

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

The "Zappa Plays Zappa" Tour

Postby buster00 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:29 pm

From Billboard's website:

The North American installment of the Zappa Plays Zappa tour will kick off June 11 in Philadelphia and play eight additional shows through a June 24 date in San Francisco. As previously reported, the shows will celebrate the music of the late Frank Zappa as played by his son, Dweezil, and former band members such as Steve Vai, Terry Bozzio and Napoleon Murphy Brock.

"His music from the middle '70s was really pivotal, and that's going to play a really big role in what we're doing -- things from 'Apostrophe,' 'Over-Nite Sensation,' 'Sheik Yerbouti,' 'Joe's Garage,'" Dweezil told Billboard.com last fall. "But we want people to feel like they're getting a real well rounded experience. He had over 70 albums, so that's hundreds and hundreds of songs. It's only a two-hour show -- we'll be lucky to get 30 songs in there. But it's going to change on a nightly basis."

Here are the Zappa Plays Zappa tour dates:

June 11: Philadelphia (Tower Theatre)
June 12: New York (Beacon Theatre)
June 13: Boston (Orpheum Theatre)
June 15: Detroit (Meadowbrook Music Festival)
June 16: Toronto (Hummingbird Centre)
June 21: Phoenix (Dodge Theatre)
June 22: Anaheim, Calif. (House of Blues)
June 23: Los Angeles (Wiltern Theatre)
June 24: San Francisco (Warfield)

What say ye, Zoners? Plans to attend?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:46 pm

I might go, depending on ticket price. I tend not to enjoy live covers, though, and it's a little much to demand Frank go on tour again...considering, y'know.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:51 pm

Theta wrote:I might go, depending on ticket price. I tend not to enjoy live covers, though, and it's a little much to demand Frank go on tour again...considering, y'know.

Ah but I'd go if he did!!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:38 am

I'm goin', thats all there is to it, I'm goin'...

:D
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Return to Music