R.I.P. Proof

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:16 pm

Yes there's violence and bad attitudes towards women in hip-hop. BECUASE IT'S EVERYWHERE IN SOCIETY. Why should'nt Hip-Hop be able to reflect this?
As far as I can tell until you fix the real roots of violence and crime in poor black communities, pushing stuff like the Roots on them is going to be met with blank stares and possibly laughter. Backpacker Hip-Hop is called that for a reason.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri May 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
Keepcoolbutcare wrote:but go get your fuckin' shinebox, ok? Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

OK, this is what troubles me. Number 1. This is like telling me to 'Fuck Off' and not in a good way. Number 2. If this is in reference to what Joe Pesci was told in Goodfellas, as everyone who says this line mostly seem to quoting this scene, well in response to 1 and 2, Fuck you Keepcoolbutcare. You're being a Struggling Background Artist and betraying the rules of the PZ. Keep on like that mate, and you and I are gonna fall out, and besides you'll be in bigger trouble with people other than myself for talking to me like that.

Kirks, however, does NOT understand the IRONY of my citing one of THE most brutal scenes in cinema history, right after my "I don't know the how and why behind it, nor do I necessarily agree with it" line.

and, what's more, if you really feel I was attacking you in any way, I'm sorry. Didn't mean any offense at all, actually, and have been rather enjoying this debate, until now. So I humbly apologize if you took offense, wasn't meant as a "fuck off", but rather to show WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GUY WHO SAID "fuck off". Tried to use...ah, forget it. Once again, my apologies.

but I gotta throw this in, you MUST'VE been kiddin' with this doozy

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:"Keep on like that mate, and you and I are gonna fall out, and besides you'll be in bigger trouble with people other than myself for talking to me like that."

um, WHAT?!?!? Even if, for the sake of argument, I did tell you to "fuck off", just WHO'S GONNA PUNISH ME :shock:?!?!?! Will you report me for harassment :shock:? Send some goon to Virginia to tell me I'm funny :lol:? Have me, gasp, banned :shock:? Ensure none of my scripts see fruition (WAY ahead of you there buddy)? Just curious Image?

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Other than that, forgive me if this is not the case, and it's my trademark lack of understanding Image that can't make out what you mean by that. It's that it reas SO MUCH like a shocking 'Fuck You with meaning' that it really feels like a huge attack. I'm sure you don't mean it in the way that I have described it to hopefully NOT be, and maybe there's a joke in there somewhat in which case, :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(and yes, I realize by pointing this out Kirk will now be throwin' those bad boys all over the place...IRONY!)

All I gotta say now is, if you would have explained yourself THAT thoroughly and indepth in the first place, I would never have commented on the previously vague generalizations that I took umbrage with.

I fuckin' loathe whoever it was who gave Kirks access to "fun" emoticons. We all know he couldn't have found them on his own :wink:. See, what's wrong with just using one?

I thought you LIKED 'EM!!!!

:( :cry:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri May 12, 2006 3:45 pm

unikrunk wrote:ohhhhhh fuck Kirks, why bump this thread? So you and ZZS can fuck on about "the rap is bad for the kids" shite?

If so, then well done sir. :)

/Kirks on violence: DO NOT WANT

I just wanted KCBC to like my icons!!!!

That was all!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

He ignored me twice!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby unikrunk on Fri May 12, 2006 3:47 pm

ohhhhhh fuck Kirks, why bump this thread? So you and ZZS can fuck on about "the rap is bad for the kids" shite?

He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lurker Johnson on Fri May 12, 2006 3:51 pm

For <b>unikrunk</b>.
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby unikrunk on Fri May 12, 2006 3:54 pm

Lurker, get out of my fucking head - it hurts, and its giving me a nosebleed.

/100 points to House Lurker Johnson
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri May 12, 2006 4:03 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
unikrunk wrote:ohhhhhh fuck Kirks, why bump this thread? So you and ZZS can fuck on about "the rap is bad for the kids" shite?

I just wanted KCBC to like my icons!!!!

That was all!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

He ignored me twice!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

HAHAHAHAHA, or should I say :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Fri May 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Let's all gather in a circle and rap "Cop Killer" until we feel better. Oh, sorry, I meant "911 is a Joke." Wait -- umm -- "Hypocrisy is the Greatest Luxury" by The Disposable Heroes of Hip-Hocracy maybe? Michael Franti is cool.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby MasterWhedon on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:53 pm

Just saw on the news that the guy who shot and killed Proof will NOT be facing murder charges. Investigators have determined he was defending another person in the club and that the shooting was justified. The guy will, however, still face weapons charges.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Coldfire24 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:52 am

Mother fucking rap....when will it end...end it for the childdren
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Previous

Return to Music