What's the big deal? - Hype you just don't get.

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby JabberJaw on Wed May 03, 2006 3:17 pm

HollywoodBabylon wrote:Yes, the canonization of Morrison as some sort a great rock poet is ridiculous (throw Cobain into that melting pot as well - though in fairness to Cobain he may've developed into something special. We'll never know). I still think The Doors were quite a band though, I do enjoy listening to them, despite the nonsense surrounding old 'Mr Mojo Rising'.
Oliver Stone's lamentable movie didn't exactly help his cause either. It's surely one of the worst rock-biopics it's been my misfortune to see. Avoid at all costs, even after all this time.

In an era of the greatest bands of all time such as the beatles and the stones etc... In my opinion the Doors were sub-par. I dont hate some of there songs. If not for the Morrison mystique the would have gone the way of a lot of bands from that era. Because Morrison was strictly a dynamic symbol, not nessecarily a great songwriter or singer. He was just cool...Elvis withough the vocals. I look at the doors more as a thing of their time..one of the quentisential figures of the 60's..but as a band..overrated
ImageImage
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DennisMM on Wed May 03, 2006 3:46 pm

St. A, notice I said Morrison was terribly pretentious, and I gave a nod to Dylan.

I like Dylan a good deal for the most part. He has presented himself as very superior sometimes, especially early in his career. Some of his protest songs were simply awful (curse at me for putting down "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll") and lots of his talking blues, tribute to Woody Guthrie or not, should have been buried with the lost Basement Tapes. Also, his word salad songs bother me. "Stuck Inside of Mobile (With the Memphis Blues Again)," as wonderful as it sounds, is nearly gibberish.

Beyond that, he reached a point where he knew he was hailed as a poet and musical genius and thought it gave him license to do whatever he wanted. He was reinventing himself long before Cher or Madonna ever thought of the idea and, as in their cases, some of them bombed big time. Self Portrait sounds like an attempt to shoot himself in the foot and Dylan, which is outtakes from SP for the gods' sake, is atrocious (admittedly, the company put together Dylan when Bob jumped to another company, but the fact that he recorded the stuff is painful). The late seventies and much of the eighties are just a mess. Listen to Hard Rain if you want to hear the equivalent of Dylan sneering at his audience in the knowledge that they'll buy anything.

There's more to say, but I'd be repeating myself. And, as always, YMMV.

Note on editing: One day I will learn to use the preview function on a regular basis.
Last edited by DennisMM on Wed May 03, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby MiltonWaddams on Wed May 03, 2006 3:48 pm

I'd say Velvet Revolver, but i'm pretty sure NOBODY understands that shit.

For me, in order: KISS. Pink Floyd. I'm sure I'm stepping on some old hippy toes right their, but fuck that shit is awful.

Also, this thread is dangerously close to becoming a conversation overheard at a used vinyl store.
Urer yvrf Z.J.
Xvyyrq ol ungr naq vafvqr wbxrf.
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON

Postby The Vicar on Wed May 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Madonna.
Just because she was willing to roll around in her underwear, she hit big.
Ugly woman, but very good at never losing money underestimating the taste of the "music buying public".
Cannot act.
Can barely sing ( wouldn't make the cut in Armenian Idol ).
Gives me rectal itch just thinking about her.
( just look at her effect on men...Dennis Rodman? Sean Penn - did someone say Shangai Surprise? - and Guy Ritchie -oh yeah, Revolver sux...a lot )
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby St. Alphonzo on Wed May 03, 2006 4:15 pm

DennisMM wrote:St. A, notice I said Morrison was terribly pretentious, and I gave a nod to Dylan.

Sorry Dennis, I guess I just didn't know where you were going with the (pre-edit) 'Morrison makes Bob Dylan look like Dylan Thomas' comparison.

I agree though that most of Bob's 80's drug-and-religion fueled output was crap. His appearance (however brief) at Live Aid was cringe-inducing. He seems to have pulled out of the dive, though. Time Out Of Mind is as strong a set of songs as he's ever created.

And so sorry... I'm with you man. Tear it down! TEAR IT ALL DOWN!!!
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby The Vicar on Wed May 03, 2006 4:34 pm

Vegeta wrote:
The Vicar wrote:
Vegeta wrote:DJ Meth Cat says let the thread continue

So Sorry be damned, just kidding :wink:

What is up with these cats?
Crazed shit, man.

Makes me think we should do a "Cats on Crack" thread! :D

I think we've already done that, by default.
This is it.

The Vicar

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed May 03, 2006 4:35 pm

Please continue the discussion of the merits of Punk in This thread.

So Sorry, can you repost your last post in that thread? Seems kinda out of context now, and lord knows we don't condone that sort of thing in the Zone!

ETA: Damn these time skips!
Last edited by Keepcoolbutcare on Wed May 03, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 03, 2006 4:37 pm

minstrel wrote:I'm with Peven. I don't like punk and I don't really understand how it lasted so long.

Punk, to me, started out as a reaction against prog rock. Prog was deliberately complex music, difficult to play, and prog musicians pretty much had to be virtuosos. I am a prog fan and I respect prog musicians. Sometimes they got carried away and turned out pompous dreck ("Tales From Topographic Oceans"), but for the most part they were honestly trying to excel at what they did.

Punk seemed to me like a slap in the face to all that. It was a political statement by musicians of minimal skill. People who can't play and can't sing making deliberately ugly noise. That is valid as a political statement, but it sure gets old fast. OK, guys, you made your point in, like, 1979! Shut up already!

I like good music played/sung by good musicians.

what artists is particular, if you don't mind sharing
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Wed May 03, 2006 4:38 pm

unikrunk wrote:My Bansai Kitty trumps all!

too far, dude.

j/k
actually, i'm not... as much as i don't like cats, those fucking cats stuffed in tiny aquariams is beyond fucking sick!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby The Vicar on Wed May 03, 2006 4:39 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:Bottom line is you're all pretentious!

PRETENTERS!!!!

Awww geeze, Wally. That's harsh. :lol:
The Vicar

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 03, 2006 4:40 pm

It’s a joke/hoax. It’s also fricken hilarious.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed May 03, 2006 4:44 pm

Bottom line is you're all pretentious!

PRETENTERS!!!!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 03, 2006 4:45 pm

you are into the pretenders?

sheesh...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed May 03, 2006 4:52 pm

~
Last edited by BuckyO'harre on Thu May 10, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Wed May 03, 2006 4:53 pm

unikrunk wrote:It’s a joke/hoax. It’s also fricken hilarious.

are you talking bout your boxed kitty?

have you ever seen the real ones, where they raise a kitten in a small box and it grows all smushed and square.
sick.
fucking.
shit.

WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD:

punk blows , prog rock was totally misunderstood.
ELP rocks out with their cocks out!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby St. Alphonzo on Wed May 03, 2006 4:58 pm

Palmer or Powell?
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby The Vicar on Wed May 03, 2006 4:59 pm

so sorry wrote:punk blows , prog rock was totally misunderstood.

Truest words in this thread thus far...
:D :wink:
The Vicar

Postby Vegeta on Wed May 03, 2006 4:59 pm

ELP?
Now ELO Definetly rocks with their cocks out! 8)
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby The Vicar on Wed May 03, 2006 5:01 pm

Palmer is this most amazing thing I've seen behind a drum kit. Doesn't even look human, at times.
At least, he didn't at a concert hall in Detriot, 1975.
Powell? Not so much.
The Vicar

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 03, 2006 5:02 pm

so sorry wrote:

have you ever seen the real ones, where they raise a kitten in a small box and it grows all smushed and square.
sick.
fucking.
shit.

WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD:

punk blows , prog rock was totally misunderstood.

All a hoax, up to and including the cats in jars, prog rock, ELP, rocking out with your cock out, and the infamous 'jam out with your clam out', punk rock, and most importantly, music, 'the arts', and landing on the mooooooooon.

/putting on my tinfoil hat now.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Wed May 03, 2006 5:04 pm

St. Alphonzo wrote:Palmer or Powell?

Palmer....

the only good to come out of Powell was Mars Bringer of War (Touch and Go was too maistream for me).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 03, 2006 5:05 pm

I'd just like a quick count of all the prog fans who are over 30. My guess? ALL OF 'EM!!!!

Heheheh
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby St. Alphonzo on Wed May 03, 2006 5:06 pm

I actually really dug Touch and Go... one of my favorite tunes from the '80s!

I am pretty mainstream though! :wink:
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby so sorry on Wed May 03, 2006 5:09 pm

St. Alphonzo wrote:I actually really dug Touch and Go... one of my favorite tunes from the '80s!

I am pretty mainstream though! :wink:

I actually liked it too, but in keeping with the theme of the thread i'm trying to be pretentious and snooty and pompous (and redundant)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Brocktune on Wed May 03, 2006 5:13 pm

i guess any band that plays guitars and that can come up with a song more complex than verse chorus verse bridge chorus, and 3 to 4 power chords is considered prog rock, right? or are they jazz?

St. Alphonzo wrote:I actually really dug Touch and Go... one of my favorite tunes from the '80s!

me too! touch and go was like the best indie label in the 90's. the butthole surfers, the jesus lizard. just plain awesome....
oh, wait you meant the song touch and go.
sorry, my bad.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 03, 2006 5:15 pm

Peven wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:I'd just like a quick count of all the prog fans who are over 30. My guess? ALL OF 'EM!!!!

Heheheh

thing is, the people over 30 are probably the majority of those who appreciate, and differentiate, musicians/artists as opposed to performers. of course, to most under 30, the idea of performers in the music industry actually being a musician is a totally alien concept.

Peven are you jus tposting this shit for a reaction? If so, please don't bother, it's dumb. However if you are even slightly serious then:

I'll let you revoke that bullshit now without coming down hard on you. It wouldn't be fair.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Brocktune on Wed May 03, 2006 5:15 pm

Peven wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:I'd just like a quick count of all the prog fans who are over 30. My guess? ALL OF 'EM!!!!

Heheheh

thing is, the people over 30 are probably the majority of those who appreciate, and differentiate, musicians/artists as opposed to performers. of course, to most under 30, the idea of performers in the music industry actually being a musician is a totally alien concept.

unfortunately, i would have to agree with you.
that is, if i didnt feel like the majority of people over 30 have just as warped of a concept of quality as those under 30.
i guarantee you, the evil careers of michael bolton, celine dion, and five for fighting *ugh*, were not fueled by teen dollars.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Wed May 03, 2006 5:18 pm

Heheheh

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 03, 2006 5:23 pm

Brocktune wrote:i guess any band that plays guitars and that can come up with a song more complex than verse chorus verse bridge chorus, and 3 to 4 power chords is considered prog rock, right? or are they jazz?

me too! touch and go was like the best indie label in the 90's. the butthole surfers, the jesus lizard. just plain awesome....
oh, wait you meant the song touch and go.
sorry, my bad.

Hairway to Steven broke my fucking mind in two, then dropped kicked both halves back together - or maybe it was the el es dee.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Wed May 03, 2006 5:24 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Peven wrote:
Ton yWilson wrote:I'd just like a quick count of all the prog fans who are over 30. My guess? ALL OF 'EM!!!!

Heheheh

unfortunately, i would have to agree with you.
that is, if i didnt feel like the majority of people over 30 have just as warped of a concept of quality as those under 30.
i guarantee you, the evil careers of michael bolton, celine dion, and five for fighting *ugh*, were not fueled by teen dollars.

touche :D

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Wed May 03, 2006 5:32 pm

Brocktune wrote:i guarantee you, the evil careers of michael bolton, celine dion, and five for fighting *ugh*, were not fueled by teen dollars.

right on... it was those fucking canadians fault!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Brocktune on Wed May 03, 2006 5:33 pm

so sorry wrote:
Brocktune wrote:i guarantee you, the evil careers of michael bolton, celine dion, and five for fighting *ugh*, were not fueled by teen dollars.

actually, im most angry at the canadians for cursing us with the godawful "barenaked ladies"
barf.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 03, 2006 5:34 pm

edited for the sake of a quiet life.
Last edited by TonyWilson on Wed May 03, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyWilson

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 03, 2006 5:45 pm

Brocktune wrote:
so sorry wrote:

actually, im most angry at the canadians for cursing us with the godawful "barenaked ladies"
barf.

yeah, but isn't Brian Adams more of a cock-punch than all of the above? Or The Guess Who. The Guess Who? These dicks could not even come up with thier own name.

"Well, The Who are pretty cool, why don't we piggy-back that money train?"

/unikrunk is/was Canadian...he also is sorry for it, and for Anne of Green Gables in particular
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Wed May 03, 2006 7:10 pm

so sorry wrote:

sick.
fucking.
shit.

Threadjack to clarify: IT'S A HOAX!
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby DennisMM on Wed May 03, 2006 7:12 pm

St. Alphonzo wrote:
DennisMM wrote:St. A, notice I said Morrison was terribly pretentious, and I gave a nod to Dylan.

Sorry Dennis, I guess I just didn't know where you were going with the (pre-edit) 'Morrison makes Bob Dylan look like Dylan Thomas' comparison.

Sorry 'bout dat. I guess I meant that Morrison's "poetry" made Dylan's barely poetry (I read Tarantula, as much as I could tolerate) look fantastic. Almost as good as Jewel.
DennisMM

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri May 05, 2006 5:41 pm

Rush.

This export from the Great White North I have never understood. They get huge airplay on US "Classic" rock stations and they are ust godawful.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DrillerKiller on Mon May 08, 2006 7:28 pm

Metallica
Oasis
Coldplay
Velvet Revolver
Arcade Fire
Goldfrapp
U2
Morrissey (on his own that is)
Nirvana
The Strokes
Sex Pistols
Green Day

...all would mostly be, in my opinion, a loada balls. They're just the big ones, the rest of the current offenders know who they are, I wouldn't waste my time trying to think of who's annoying me today.

For shame on you all for bringing Grateful Dead, Rush and Led Zeppelin into this! EYE BREENG POX! LHARGE WHANS!

I kid, just small pox then.
Wellycome....in jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
DrillerKiller
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon May 08, 2006 8:13 pm

Reading this thread hurts my soul.

<scarcasm> MAn, what about those Beatles. Tehy are so Lame. Just a bunch of drugged out pretty boy hippies, I tells ya. I can;t believe they let Ringo sing, that's how tired they were. Forget about the studly that thier influence was a corner stone for music, because 40 years later There's tons of music that I like better than them </scarcasm>

The so called good music that you think rocks so hard wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for alot of these bands that you guys are listing off. THATS THE FUCKING HYPE. They changed the face of music. All of Chuck Berry's riffs are damned near identical, but nobody heard that shit before he touched them steel strings. Nirvana, same thing, Pink Floyd same thing, Led Zeppelin same thing, Sex pistols & Ramones better believe it, The Doors SAME FUCKING THING.

Before Nirvana, alot of the music that you guys grovel at never touched the air waves. It doesn't matter that they were just riffing off the Pixies and Jesus Lizard. They did it so well, that the masses took notice. Arguably Brocktune is the most indie hipster here, and I can say for damned sure that if it wasn't for Nirvana and Green Day, he would be pissing in his Hammer pants waiting for the next Michael Jackson/Whitney Houston Album to bust out on the charts. Vannilla Ice and Tiffany too.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Brocktune on Tue May 09, 2006 4:48 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Arguably Brocktune is the most indie hipster here,

:shock:
wow! thanks.
im pretty sure ive slammed indie hipsters before, but thats only because i feel left out of their ultra hip clique :wink:

Retardo_Montalban wrote: and I can say for damned sure that if it wasn't for Nirvana and Green Day, he would be pissing in his Hammer pants waiting for the next Michael Jackson/Whitney Houston Album to bust out on the charts. Vannilla Ice and Tiffany too.

you are correct sir. i actually own close to 30 nirvana cd's and about 20 vinyl. i also still have all of my cassettes of all of their albums. and singles. and if there was one band that taught me to ignore the marketing, to look for the b-sides, to look at my local scene, and most importantly, to listen to what the artists that i like listen to, and find out more about them, it was nirvana. i may not really listen to them too much anymore, but in addition to their music, they gave me an even greater gift that keeps on giving.

and to confess a dirty little secret, the first two cd's i ever bought for my first cd player ever were De La Soul's "3 Feet High and Rising" and *ugh* Another Bad Creation's "Coolin' at the Playground Ya Know" [/shame]

but, which one do you think i still own?

you gotta learn to tread water before you can swim. thats the story of my life. baby steppin' to music that drives customers out the door.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Tue May 09, 2006 4:56 pm

U2... saving the world with one crap theme song to a movie at a time.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue May 09, 2006 5:06 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Retardo_Montalban wrote:Arguably Brocktune is the most indie hipster here,

:shock:
wow! thanks.
im pretty sure ive slammed indie hipsters before, but thats only because i feel left out of their ultra hip clique :wink:

the sign on the clubhouse said "NO BROCKTUNES", and seeing how we have one already, well...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Tue May 09, 2006 5:59 pm

MiltonWaddams wrote:Also, this thread is dangerously close to becoming a conversation overheard at a used vinyl store.

Yeah, back in the day, this thread used to be about the MUSIC, man.

Then Rolling Stone and Spin and MTV were all like, "This thread is gonna be this year's New Beatles or whatever," and it's CHANGED, man. It's CHANGED.

This thread barely even shows videos anymore. And it's all, like, payola-influenced.

That said, is there some part of my soul that other people have which I am missing? What am I not getting about Bruce Springsteen?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Tue May 09, 2006 6:23 pm

That he mumbles and yells, sometimes at the same time?
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Lurker Johnson on Wed May 10, 2006 5:36 pm

What about Phish and The String Cheese Incident?

You seriously <i>have</i> to be on drugs to even listen to that drivel.
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 10, 2006 5:38 pm

TonyWilson wrote:I don't get the Franz Ferdinand love at all. I mean discoed up art punk, wow!! How new, fresh and interesting...................in 1979!!!!!

yeah, thanks for the post-post-post punk sound everyone. And a special fuck you to The Rapture.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 10, 2006 5:39 pm

I don't get the Franz Ferdinand love at all. I mean discoed up art punk, wow!! How new, fresh and interesting...................in 1979!!!!!
TonyWilson

Postby Seppuku on Wed May 10, 2006 6:07 pm

Hmm, it's been a long time since I had a big internet ruckus, so I'm gonna name me a few of those staples that just get right up my craw:

Bruce Springsteen. Piss-poor Dylan-lite everyman, whose songs have now become terrible stories full of people who, if you met them in real life, would just make you shrug. We get it, you dig the plebs, good for you.

U2. I'm not sure what it is about this band that annoys me so much. Maybe it's just that they don't have any good tunes? I mean what else is more important for a good song than melody? Also because they're Oirish (see my location :wink: ).

Queen. It's not all the cod-opera that annoys me, or the spiffing bondage wear; I suppose it's a similiar deal to U2, their tunes just dont ring with me. Maybe I've got no sense of humour or something.

Eric Clapton. I'm starting to see a connection here... It's weird that all these artists/bands are called Middle of the Road. The Middle of the Road's fucking exciting man! There're always cars swerving either side of you trying to avoid running you over, it takes balls to stand in the Middle of the Road. And, unfortunately, Clapton lost these balls when he left the Yardbirds. Just another wet British fop (but one with a taste for heroin).

The soundtracks to the Breakfast Club/Fast Times at Ridgmont High/ Sixteen Candles etc... Please. Step. Away. From. The. Moog. Organ. NOW!!!
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Brocktune on Wed May 10, 2006 6:38 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:U2. I'm not sure what it is about this band that annoys me so much. Maybe it's just that they don't have any good tunes? I mean what else is more important for a good song than melody? Also because they're Oirish (see my location :wink: ).

yup

seppukudkurosawa wrote:The soundtracks to the Breakfast Club/Fast Times at Ridgmont High/ Sixteen Candles etc... Please. Step. Away. From. The. Moog. Organ. NOW!!!

whoa! huge slam on moog out of nowhere! both robert moog AND raymond scott are spinning in their respective graves. ok, i will admit that i dislike those soundtracks as much as you do. (except for Fast Times. without that record, would the world have ever known the rapturous joy of oingo boingo's "Goodbye Goodbye"). all im saying is, do what you want to those records, but for the love of god, leave the moog alone!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Wed May 10, 2006 6:44 pm

Brocktune wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:The soundtracks to the Breakfast Club/Fast Times at Ridgmont High/ Sixteen Candles etc... Please. Step. Away. From. The. Moog. Organ. NOW!!!

whoa! huge slam on moog out of nowhere! both robert moog AND raymond scott are spinning in their respective graves. ok, i will admit that i dislike those soundtracks as much as you do. (except for Fast Times. without that record, would the world have ever known the rapturous joy of oingo boingo's "Goodbye Goodbye"). all im saying is, do what you want to those records, but for the love of god, leave the moog alone!

Yo dude did you check out that film on Mr. Moog too?... He was a right mensch. Don't get me wrong I love the moog (Stevie fucking Wonderman!), but they ain't doing it right...

And I took your hint and burnt those records, but as I was watching them melt and breathing in the toxic plastic fumes, I suddenly thought this wasn't enough. What if all these Fashion Mullet haircuts stop becoming quite so fashionable and become plain old Mullets ? What if Molly somehow gets her career back and decides to make...39 Candles??? There is only one solution:

Sometimes you've got to be crude to save the world.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

PreviousNext

Return to Music