Tapes 'n Tapes - new tune!@ New Album!@!

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Tapes 'n Tapes - new tune!@ New Album!@!

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 11, 2006 5:29 pm

Just got this yesterday, I've never heard of these guys but they relly imprssed me. Really earthy indieish type of music with a hard rock bent. Great drumming and a suitably cavalier attitude to some of the hooks and riffs they get going. It feels dense but you pick up lots of the intricacy on a second listen, I say intricate but that implies complex which isn't really true, just a lot going on and some nice lo-fi Pavement (keepcool is tenting right now :wink: ) production.

Anyone else heard of these guys, know anything about them?
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Re: Tapes 'n Tapes - The Loon

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu May 11, 2006 5:43 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Just got this yesterday, I've never heard of these guys but they relly imprssed me. Really earthy indieish type of music with a hard rock bent. Great drumming and a suitably cavalier attitude to some of the hooks and riffs they get going. It feels dense but you pick up lots of the intricacy on a second listen, I say intricate but that implies complex which isn't really true, just a lot going on and some nice lo-fi Pavement (keepcool is tenting right now :wink: ) production.

*cough*.

still got that erection tho' :lol:.

Myspace Page, free listens.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Tapes 'n Tapes - The Loon

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 11, 2006 5:53 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:J ust got this yesterday, I've never heard of these guys but they relly imprssed me. Really earthy indieish type of music with a hard rock bent. Great drumming and a suitably cavalier attitude to some of the hooks and riffs they get going. It feels dense but you pick up lots of the intricacy on a second listen, I say intricate but that implies complex which isn't really true, just a lot going on and some nice lo-fi Pavement (keepcool is tenting right now :wink: ) production.

*cough*.

still got that erection tho' :lol:.

Myspace Page, free listens.

Now what's really weird is I have no memory of reading that, but it fits what I said pretty much completely and when I was browsing they leaped out at me.
Subliminal music reccommendations then Keepcool, nice work :D
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:51 am

new new NEW track!

http://www.tapesntapes.com/

I can't link directly, but it's called "Hang Them All" and, well, I dunno. Gotta give it a few more listens.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:59 am

WALK IT OFF available on your interwebs.

pretty damn good, Dave "never met a band he couldn't grunge up" Friedman predictably sludges things up some, but that's not necessarily a bad thing with them.

Rawks a bit harder than the previous, certainly not as lo-fi charming as their debut, but I'm digging it a lot so far.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:02 am

I got a friend who's really into them. They're closely linked with the Spinto Band too... I should give 'em a shot!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:15 pm

I got mines from some blog somewhere, but I'll surely shell out for this like I did the first. Favourite tracks today George Michael and Anvil (two of the slower tracks with nice analogue synth sounds on 'em) and Headshock. Maybe overall better than the Loon, but with less standout tracks so far... by which I mean it's all good.

Why does that 'where did all the money go?' chorus sound so familiar?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:27 am

tapehead wrote:Why does that 'where did all the money go?' chorus sound so familiar?

grabbed my brain pan as well, but I chalked it up to the just plain awesome obviousness of said chorus coupled with that churning, propulsive 'riddim and buzzing, post-punk geetar work - but since you mentioned familiarity, I've been fixated on placing it, 'cuz I can nearly conjure it up, like the reference is precariously perched on the precipice of the tip of my proverbial tongue...

and then it's gone.

damn you!
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:11 am

It's a fucker isn't it? been trying to dredge it up all day...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Return to Music