Angels and Airwaves

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Angels and Airwaves

Postby Neo Zeed on Thu May 18, 2006 5:01 pm

Frankly I couldn't give a crap about mainstream American Rock but I've heard ex Blink182 member Tom DeLonge go on how this album is like the second coming for a while now. I'm not a Blink182 fan, (Seemed like a buncha goofs) but I was surprisingly impressed by their last album (The one with Robert Smith) So with all prejudice aside, I decided to give the kiddies a chance and listen their album on myspace. Personally I think the tracks are waaay overproduced and have weak hooks, but maybe the zoners have their own take.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=27197424
Neo Zeed
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 18, 2006 5:02 pm

i have hated blink since they were blink, and not blink182. and even still, when they played this shit on the radio, i was like, ok, tom delonge, impress me. what i heard was the same weak ass 3 or 4 chord power pop (or target punk) that blink was doing, only he was trying to disguise it with some flock of seagulls knock off delay on his guitar. really lame stuff. i pity the fool who buys this record.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Thu May 18, 2006 6:01 pm

I don't have much of an opinion on their sound. All I know is that DeLonge's self-conscious mannerisms in the music video piss me off to no end, and I have nothing against the guy, particularly. He sticks his arms out like he's flying every five seconds.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 18, 2006 6:03 pm

that fucker tried (semi-successfully) to steal my then girlfriend right out from under my hideous nose. i have bore a personal grudge ever since that day. although, i must admit, i would still totally loathe him, and blink, even if he hadnt have tried to snatch my girl.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu May 18, 2006 6:19 pm

It isn't a "bad" cd...it is just that Tom hyped the hell out of this cd and he made it seem like this would be some grand opus or something. And that it wasn't.

6/10
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Music