"Where's a cement mixer when I need one?" Bad Buys

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

"Where's a cement mixer when I need one?" Bad Buys

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 8:11 pm

(This isn’t a repeat thread so all you Mods out for blood can go back to your Mod forum and seethe all ya like.)

I was just grouping my albums telephonetically (I’m fed up with this whole alphabetical thing), and this forced me to read some of the titles. Ma-ha-ha-n there’s some terrible things in there… This isn’t a, “Were you distracted by an LSD flashback when you bought that?â€
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:20 pm

K by Kula Shaker....ok it's not atrocious but posh faux hippies trying to be mystical is never, ever going to be "cool".

Richard Ashcroft's debut solo album, I have no excuse for that one, it's just shit and I used to think it was cool.

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants by Oasis, it really should be called "Standing on The Shoulders of Giants and nicking all their riffs and melodies except for when we let that monkey at the front write one". But it just isn't catchy.

I never went in for Nu Metal thank goodness. And I have never owned anything by U2 either.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 8:21 pm

Limp Bizkit anyone :oops:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 8:24 pm

TonyWilson wrote:K by Kula Shaker....ok it's not atrocious but posh faux hippies trying to be mystical is never, ever going to be "cool".

Richard Ashcroft's debut solo album, I have no excuse for that one, it's just shit and I used to think it was cool.

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants by Oasis, it really should be called "Standing on The Shoulders of Giants and nicking all their riffs and melodies except for when we let that monkey at the front write one". But it just isn't catchy.

I never went in for Nu Metal thank goodness. And I have never owned anything by U2 either.

That's very bizarre Tony, because I've got all three of those albums and really wish I didn't. Do you remember K getting in all those BEST 100 ALBUMS EVAR polls? And Dickie stick's first solo was bought just because of Urban Hymns/Storm he made with the verve, and also because I really liked Song for the Lovers (it's still OK), but man if I tried to listen to this thing today I'd be worried I might never come back from that experience. And Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is the last time I was suckered by The Oasis Experience. I actually don't think Be Here Now was as terrible as some people would have it, but this album would sound better with the din of cement mixers in the background (I love Cement Mixers, especially the deluxe '06 model of the Buildatron).
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:25 pm

Oh and I have We Can't Dance by Genesis....yeh that's a really really fucking bad one isn't it?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Pudie on Thu May 25, 2006 8:26 pm

this is why it pays to be a pirate. If I don't like an album, I just delte it. Yarrrrrrr.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu May 25, 2006 8:27 pm

Vegeta wrote:Limp Bizkit anyone :oops:

Yeah...me too... :cry:

But I did it all for the nookie!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:31 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
TonyWilson wrote: K by Kula Shaker....ok it's not atrocious but posh faux hippies trying to be mystical is never, ever going to be "cool".

That's very bizarre Tony, because I've got all three of those albums and really wish I didn't. Do you remember K getting in all those BEST 100 ALBUMS EVAR polls? And Dickie stick's first solo was bought just because of Urban Hymns/Storm he made with the verve, and also because I really liked Song for the Lovers (it's still OK), but man if I tried to listen to this thing today I'd be worried I might never come back from that experience. And Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is the last time I was suckered by The Oasis Experience. I actually don't think Be Here Now was as terrible as some people would have it, but this album would sound better with the din of cement mixers in the background (I love Cement Mixers, especially the deluxe '06 model of the Buildatron).

That is Bizarre especially as I consider Song for the Lovers to be okish aswell. AND that Giants was also the last time I bought anything by Oasis AND that I have a soft spot for Be Here Now (cocaine fuelled excess it might be but it's got some ambitious track in amongst the clutter).

Hahaha yeh I think Q rated K at about number 20 in the best albums EVER!?!?!?!?!?. Mind you after declaring Ok Computer as Number 1 in 97 and then Nevermind as Number 1 in 2001 when all that had changed was Nu Metal had ascended from it's special place in hell to become popular Q never really had a leg to stand on.
TonyWilson

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:

Well I saw them open for Faith No More on their last tour (Yes, the FNM part is a true blessing) therefore heard them before "3 $ bills, Y'all" came out.
Shit, Fred had dreds then :shock: I kinda of dug it at the time (circa early '98). I was so jacked up from that show I ended up thinking they were pretty cool, boy was I wrong :oops:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:

You have a fetish for dumb college jocks then do you Voldy??? You must love it when they go cow tipping!!!! :wink:
TonyWilson

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:35 pm

Vegeta wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

Well I saw them open for Faith No More on their last tour (Yes, the FNM part is a true blessing) therefore heard them before "3 $ bills, Y'all" came out.
Shit, Fred had dreds then :shock: I kinda of dug it at the time (circa early '98). I was so jacked up from that show I ended up thinking they were pretty cool, boy was I wrong :oops:

It's not too bad Veg, my best mate considers himself to be an absolute musical snob and he still fell for Fred Durst and all that.
TonyWilson

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 8:41 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Hahaha yeh I think Q rated K at about number 20 in the best albums EVER!?!?!?!?!?. Mind you after declaring Ok Computer as Number 1 in 97 and then Nevermind as Number 1 in 2001 when all that had changed was Nu Metal had ascended from it's special place in hell to become popular Q never really had a leg to stand on.

I'm not gonna lie, I did read Q back in the day. And even then I wondered where they got that list from: Placebo's debut in the top 100, but not Without You I'm Nothing? And I'm willing to bet they moved OK Computer from the top spot just to shake things up, it got to a point where the only surprises you'd get would be from numbers 100-90, and then it all got a little predictable. OK definitely holds up better than Nevermind, at least for me, it's fucking jazz- you still take something new from your 1000th listen. (Note: I'm only saying all this because of the freaky Radiohead Bear/Monkey thing in your sig.)
Last edited by Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 8:41 pm

Same thing happened for me with Incubus (much better than Limp though). Their first album "science" was tight (very Faith No More) but then they slowly turned into radio crap... putzes.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 8:42 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote: (Note: I'm only saying all this because of the freaky Radiohead Bear/Monkey thing in your sig.)

I knew I recognized that sig!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu May 25, 2006 8:43 pm

Michael Jackson's Invincible. Seriously, I was hoping for an instant classic, kickass Michael Jackson comeback songs.

Then I listened to it...

...and then all that other shit happened...

...and suddenly I felt dirty.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:43 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:
Hahaha yeh I think Q rated K at about number 20 in the best albums EVER!?!?!?!?!?. Mind you after declaring Ok Computer as Number 1 in 97 and then Nevermind as Number 1 in 2001 when all that had changed was Nu Metal had ascended from it's special place in hell to become popular Q never really had a leg to stand on.

I'm not gonna lie, I did read Q back in the day. And even then I wondered where they got that list from: Placebo's debut in the top 100, but not Without You I'm Nothing? And I'm willing to bet they moved OK Computer from the top spot just to shake things up, it got to a point where the only surprises you'd get would be from numbers 100-90, and then it all got a little predictable. OK definitely holds up better than Nevermind, at least for me, it's fucking jazz- you still take something new from your 1000th listen. (Note: I'm only saying all this because of the freaky Radiohead Bear/Monkey thing in your sig.)

It a genetically modified bear thank you very much. He has big eyes so he looks cuter than an average bear and more people will want to purchase him from all reputable outlets of "Screwing With Nature plc"

And seeing as you have admitted it so will I, I used to buy Q quite often. Oh they definitely screwed with the poll on purpose. I mean if it had been something like Eminem i.e an artist no-onw had heard of back in 97 who was now huge and critically acclaimed then I would have understood it. But wacking nevermind in there during the whole "best of" marketing blitz and after nu metal/emo/garage had made traditional guitars hip again was blatant and stupid pandering.
I stopped buying it all together after they gave Dido four stars.
Last edited by TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyWilson

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 8:46 pm

Whedon, I'll take your Invincible and raise you Blood on the Dancefloor. Was that the one with the Janet duet? That got a pass, but everything else, especially the weak dance remixes, makes me want to break down and sigh.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:49 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Michael Jackson's Invincible. Seriously, I was hoping for an instant classic, kickass Michael Jackson comeback songs.

Then I listened to it...

Oh.....oh MW.

Thats pretty bad man. Still I bet lots of other people did the same thing. Ah well.

Invincible though? I mean really. Bwahahahahahahah.

j/k man.
TonyWilson

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:51 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Whedon, I'll take your Invincible and raise you Blood on the Dancefloor. Was that the one with the Janet duet? That got a pass, but everything else, especially the weak dance remixes, makes me want to break down and sigh.

Oh dear. Whats with all the post bleach MJ love here?
TonyWilson

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 8:52 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Michael Jackson's Invincible. Seriously, I was hoping for an instant classic, kickass Michael Jackson comeback songs.

Then I listened to it...

Yup, I nearly vomit everytime Micheal Jackson is refered to as the King of Pop...

Sorry, Prince has 8,000,000 times more talent and 2 less pedophia accusations :shock:

Shit, maybe I should make a new thread/poll regarding that subject, it's bothered me for like 20 years.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu May 25, 2006 8:53 pm

All I'm gonna say is that the video for "Scream" with Michael and Janet, directed by Mark Romanek, is my absolute favorite music video of all time. It's simply brilliant.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 8:54 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:All I'm gonna say is that the video for "Scream" with Michael and Janet, directed by Mark Romanek, is my absolute favorite music video of all time. It's simply brilliant.

That's the one on the Space Ship right? Yeh that is a fricking awesome video...I suppose the song is cool too. I haven't heard it in a long while.
TonyWilson

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu May 25, 2006 9:00 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:All I'm gonna say is that the video for "Scream" with Michael and Janet, directed by Mark Romanek, is my absolute favorite music video of all time. It's simply brilliant.

That's the one on the Space Ship right? Yeh that is a fricking awesome video...I suppose the song is cool too. I haven't heard it in a long while.

Yup, it's still the most expensive video ever made too.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 9:00 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:Whedon, I'll take your Invincible and raise you Blood on the Dancefloor. Was that the one with the Janet duet? That got a pass, but everything else, especially the weak dance remixes, makes me want to break down and sigh.

When I said that got a pass, I meant the song Scream. That was OK. I agree, Jackson became Hackson the moment he stopped getting his collab on with Shaq O'Neill. Although, I can't say I've listened to a single Wacko Jacko song for about 5 years. Except for when you're at a bad club and the DJ "ironically" spins Billy Jean for old time's sake (you know, back when he didn't look like the bulimic John Merrick).
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 9:02 pm

It's all good Sepp, I see what you mean. Billie Jean is fucking ace though. Has anyone heard the Ian Brown cover?
TonyWilson

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 9:02 pm

Vegeta wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

yeah i saw them on that tour as well. i had heard of limp bizkit, but never heard them. i can honestly say without hyperbole or embellishment, that i loathed them from the moment they came on stage. i hate limp bizkit just as much, if not more than blink182. at least blink doesnt pretend to be something they are not.

and now for my claim to shame.

lou bega - a little mambo
in my defense, i had not yet learned the name of the man who was actually responsible for that hook. the rest of the album, unmitigated garbage. after one listen, i felt so dirty knowing that i had plunked down 17.99 for this heap of shit. it still sits in my collection, because, i wouldnt be caught dead trying to sell it.
Last edited by Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 9:04 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

yeah i saw them on that tour as well. i had heard of limp bizkit, but never heard them. i can honestly say without hyperbole or embellishment, that i loathed them from the moment they came on stage. i hate limp bizkit just as much, if not more than blink182. at least blink doesnt pretend to be something they are not.

in my defence, i had not yet learned the name of the man who was actually responsible for that hook. the rest of the album, unmitigated garbage. after one listen, i felt so dirty knowing that i had plunked down 17.99 for this heap of shit. it still sits in my collection, because, i wouldnt be caught dead trying to sell it.

The Mambo No. 5 guy?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha, that's great BT, be glad you had the balls to share that with us. Anyone remember the Outhere Brothers?
TonyWilson

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 9:04 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:

When I said that got a pass, I meant the song Scream. That was OK. I agree, Jackson became Hackson the moment he stopped getting his collab on with Shaq O'Neill. Although, I can't say I've listened to a single Wacko Jacko song for about 5 years. Except for when you're at a bad club and the DJ "ironically" spins Billy Jean for old time's sake (you know, back when he didn't look like the bulimic John Merrick).

come on now, lets be fair. "Off the Wall" is a damn good record. and "Thriller" is only half bad, and thats only because its so played out. i still bump "off the wall". great stuff, well produced, technically impressive, and ill be damned if it doesnt make even the least coordinated of wallflowers want to get up, and get down!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 9:06 pm

Early Jacko is good shit really. He plummeted after Thriller though.
TonyWilson

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 9:09 pm

and how!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 9:09 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
Brocktune wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

in my defence, i had not yet learned the name of the man who was actually responsible for that hook. the rest of the album, unmitigated garbage. after one listen, i felt so dirty knowing that i had plunked down 17.99 for this heap of shit. it still sits in my collection, because, i wouldnt be caught dead trying to sell it.

The Mambo No. 5 guy?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha, that's great BT, be glad you had the balls to share that with us. Anyone remember the Outhere Brothers?

Man I always got them confused with the Jungle Brothers. The Outhere Brothers...Boom Boom Boom, right? Yep, that's a CD I actually DID manage to get rid of. I bet that 80 year old Oxfam volunteer worker was in for a surprise when she played that track and got to the point where he starts singing, "let me lick you up and down". It doesn't technically count as murder when someone else actually cut the track right?
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 9:11 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:The Outhere Brothers...Boom Boom Boom, right?

wait, is that the song that goes

boom boom boom
lets go back to my room
and we can do it all night
and you can make me feel right

?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 9:11 pm

I don't hate Wacko Jacko, and I actually don't think he did all those nasty things they said he did, but I think I just burnt-out on him when I was a kid. He was my one-man Beatles. I even remember singing a duet of Ben in assembly...

Maybe I just don't want to drudge-up that memory.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Pudie on Thu May 25, 2006 9:12 pm

Vegeta wrote:Same thing happened for me with Incubus (much better than Limp though). Their first album "science" was tight (very Faith No More) but then they slowly turned into radio crap... putzes.

You take that back. Incubus still makes great albums.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 9:13 pm

Brocktune wrote:

boom boom boom
lets go back to my room

?

Don't play coy Brock, we all know about your illustrious pre-Patient Zero career.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 9:13 pm

Pudie wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Same thing happened for me with Incubus (much better than Limp though). Their first album "science" was tight (very Faith No More) but then they slowly turned into radio crap... putzes.

You take that back. Incubus still makes great albums.

Sorry , I lost interest after "Morning View" (big time, ugh)
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Pudie on Thu May 25, 2006 9:14 pm

I think Morning View is one of their best albums :(
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 9:16 pm

Just for you Brock....

If i cannot sleep with you maybe i could have a taste
put your naughty on my tongue and ur booty on my face
(x2)

Boom boom boom now let me hear you say wayoh...
I say boom boom boom muthafucka say wayoh...
I say boom boom boom now let me hear you say wayoh...
I say boom boom boom muthafucka say wayoh (wayoh)

(wayoh) 5x

(repeat 2 times)
I say boom boom boom now let me hear you say wayoh (wayoh)

Girl your booty is so round
I just wanna lay you down
Let me take you from behind
I won't cum until it's time
But if I cannot sleep with you
Maybe I could have a taste
Put your niney on my tongue
And your booty on my face

Ow, I came to make you shake it
Till you break it
Caress your body until you're naked
Bend you over
Grab your shoulder
Slip my peter inside your folder
Make you sweat-a
Get you wet-a
Pump it faster to make it better
Dim the the lights then lock the room
Cos now it's time for me to hit that boom

I won't come until it's time

Geronimo
Look out below
Here comes the Brother with the offbeat flow
I just fell from the mothership
Outhere Brothers 'bout to rip it on another tip, slip
Don't trip, check out how i do it
Malik is in the house I turn your body into fluid
As i come from the depths of Doom
i snap back at you ow! with the boom

(repeat 2 times)

Let me hear you say wayoh
Let, let, let me hear you say wayoh
Let me hear you say

Till you break it
Bend you over
Grab your shoulder
Make you sweat-a
Get you wet-a

(repeat 2 times)

I think I might actually love those lyrics.
TonyWilson

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 9:24 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Just for you Brock....

If i cannot sleep with you maybe i could have a taste
put your naughty on my tongue and ur booty on my face
(x2)

Boom boom boom now let me hear you say wayoh...
I say boom boom boom muthafucka say wayoh...
I say boom boom boom now let me hear you say wayoh...

(wayoh) 5x

(repeat 2 times)

I won't cum until it's time

Till you break it
Bend you over
Grab your shoulder
Make you sweat-a
Get you wet-a

I won't come until it's time

Geronimo
Look out below
Here comes the Brother with the offbeat flow
I just fell from the mothership
Outhere Brothers 'bout to rip it on another tip, slip
Don't trip, check out how i do it
Malik is in the house I turn your body into fluid
As i come from the depths of Doom
i snap back at you ow! with the boom

(repeat 2 times)

Let me hear you say

Till you break it
Bend you over
Grab your shoulder
Make you sweat-a
Get you wet-a

(repeat 2 times)

I think I might actually love those lyrics.

ITS THAT SONG?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

OMG i had a co-worker who used to spend hours downloading world of warcraft videos on the boss's terminal. one time he got this video of like 50 people taking down some dragon or something, and when they won, they all started dancing. and it was to that fucking song! i totally started laughing out loud, it was so funny, because it was so stupid. i was like, what is that song called. he said he didnt know, but was surprised i never heard it before. wow, thats is funny. that song is fucking terrible, in the most hilariously annoying way!

so i guess my next question is, who did that "boom boom boom" song that i quoted above? maybe i just dont remember, because of all of the extensive partying, and drug addled sex abuse that took place during my "illustrious pre-Patient Zero career."
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 25, 2006 9:28 pm

Ah I think you are thinking of the Vengaboys.

Boom Boom Boom Boom
I want you in my room
Lets Spend the Night Together
Wake Up and Live Forever

That the one?
TonyWilson

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 9:30 pm

Pudie wrote:I think Morning View is one of their best albums :(

To each their own, Pudie my friend, we'll just agree to disagree.
Therefore:
:)
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 9:33 pm

I was thinking of the Vengaboys, although that should really be a crime, but some dude's myspace profile gives me this: "CHANTE AVEC w/ 20FINGERS".

The Vengabus is coming...damn that Eurodance music sounds scary today. The sister in that band was fine though.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Pudie on Thu May 25, 2006 9:33 pm

I enjoy Incubus, although you gotta cook it just right :)
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 9:35 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Ah I think you are thinking of the Vengaboys.

Boom Boom Boom Boom
I want you in my room
Lets Spend the Night Together
Wake Up and Live Forever

That the one?

thats not it.
we are talking older than the vengaboys.
i think circa 1987 or 88

vegeta - im with you dude. i think incubus sucks too. only, i never liked em. they always came across as a glorified FNM rip off that were only maybe half as talented. and they also lose points for their vocalist being a total faceman and a prettyboy.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 9:40 pm

Brocktune wrote:
vegeta - im with you dude. i think incubus sucks too. only, i never liked em. they always came across as a glorified FNM rip off that were only maybe half as talented. and they also lose points for their vocalist being a total faceman and a prettyboy.

C'mon Brock, you gotta admit that "science" was pretty cool (pre incubus blow-up, and I agree very FNM rip)
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Pudie on Thu May 25, 2006 9:45 pm

FNM is deffinetly better then Incubus.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 9:50 pm

incubus was one of those bands that i really tried to get into, but just couldnt. like sublime. i had a bunch of friends that said i would like them, and swore i had to check em out, and the whole 9. i totally did. but it just didnt work for me. at the end of the day, i just kept thinking to myself, these guys just rip FNM. a band that at the time i was the hugest fucking mark for. then their songs started getting played on the radio ad nauseum, and i was like, now i really hate these guys.
lord, how i tried, though.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Thu May 25, 2006 9:54 pm

Pudie wrote:FNM is deffinetly better then Incubus.

Shit, Faith No More is basically the only reason nu-metal even existed:
Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, Incubus, linkin Park, hoobastank...ect.

Shit, most of the lead singers of those bands won't even dispute their devotion to Mike Patton. Christ, Korn had the drummer for FNM fill in when there drummer was too hurt to tour.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Lurker Johnson on Thu May 25, 2006 10:06 pm

Brocktune wrote:

boom boom boom
lets go back to my room

?

I think this is it <b>Brocktune</b>:

<b>Paul Lekakis</b> Lyrics - Boom Boom Boom Lyrics

Hey baby I'd like to talk to you
How about coming back to my room for a little boom boom

You keep coming to me
I can dig your dynamite
Know the way you move
Get in the groove
You're driving me crazy, crazy for you

Second time you moved me
It's time for us to Boom Boom
You can come right close to me
And feel the burning fire
All the time you got me
It's fine for us to boom boom
If you see the spark in me
And feel my strong desire

Boom Boom Boom
Let's go back to my room
So we can do it all night
And you can make me feel right

Boom Boom Boom
Let's go back to my room

Do the honor to me
Don't you know I like to bite
Get to the view
Closer to you
You're driving me crazy, crazy for you

Second time you moved me
It's time for us to Boom Boom
You can come right close to me
And feel the burning fire
All the time you got me
It's fine for us to boom boom
If you see the spark in me
And feel my strong desire

Boom Boom Boom
Let's go back to my room

Boom Boom Boom
Let's go back to my room

Paul Lekakis. WTF? One hit wonder, anyone?
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 10:08 pm

Vegeta wrote:
Pudie wrote:FNM is deffinetly better then Incubus.

Shit, Faith No More is basically the only reason nu-metal even existed:
Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, Incubus, linkin Park, hoobastank...ect.

Shit, most of the lead singers of those bands won't even dispute their devotion to Mike Patton. Christ, Korn had the drummer for FNM fill in when there drummer was too hurt to tour.

you know it.

i was at the HMV store in london back in 2000. i was looking in the FNM section for the 2 cd singles off of "King for a Day" that i dont have. there was a hand written sign taped to the plastic thing separating "Angel Dust" from the rest of the records, that said something to the effect of "this is one of, if not the most influential and important record to come out in the last ten years. korn, limp bizkit, the deftones, they all ripped this one off."
its so true. in fact, for as pervasive as patton's influence is, he sure hasnt recieved a lot of mainstream recognition. and you know what, GOOD!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Next

Return to Music