"Where's a cement mixer when I need one?" Bad Buys

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby Brocktune on Thu May 25, 2006 10:10 pm

Lurker Johnson wrote:
Brocktune wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:The Outhere Brothers...Boom Boom Boom, right?

wait, is that the song that goes

boom boom boom
lets go back to my room
and we can do it all night
and you can make me feel right

?

I think this is it <b>Brocktune</b>:

<b>Paul Lekakis</b> Lyrics - Boom Boom Boom Lyrics

Hey baby I'd like to talk to you
How about coming back to my room for a little boom boom

You keep coming to me
I can dig your dynamite
Know the way you move
Get in the groove
You're driving me crazy, crazy for you

Second time you moved me
It's time for us to Boom Boom
You can come right close to me
And feel the burning fire
All the time you got me
It's fine for us to boom boom
If you see the spark in me
And feel my strong desire

Boom Boom Boom
Let's go back to my room
So we can do it all night
And you can make me feel right

Boom Boom Boom
Let's go back to my room

Do the honor to me
Don't you know I like to bite
Get to the view
Closer to you
You're driving me crazy, crazy for you

Second time you moved me
It's time for us to Boom Boom
You can come right close to me
And feel the burning fire
All the time you got me
It's fine for us to boom boom
If you see the spark in me
And feel my strong desire

Boom Boom Boom
Let's go back to my room

Boom Boom Boom
Let's go back to my room

Paul Lekakis. WTF? One hit wonder, anyone?

THATS IT!!!!!!!!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lurker Johnson on Thu May 25, 2006 10:13 pm

Glad I could be of service. Shit like that keeps me up at night.
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby brabs on Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 pm

TonyWilson wrote:It's all good Sepp, I see what you mean. Billie Jean is fucking ace though. Has anyone heard the Ian Brown cover?

Dude, that's a top cover. So is his version of Thriller. Remember him playing them when I first saw him live. He played Billie Jean, Thriller and Stevie Wonder's Happy Birthday and cos I was pilled up and rushin like a maniac I was tweakin my tits off for about 6 hours after.

Ah, the days, the days......
brabs
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Seppuku on Thu May 25, 2006 11:19 pm

haha tweaking my tits off! Ah, those glory days of 1992 when life seemed a simple matter of MDMA against the world. That is until 1993 when people realised that 2 hours of saying, "Ah I'm comin' up. I'm comin up!" werent worth the week of, "Can't speak. No energy.".

I'm listening to Dolphins Were Monkeys this very second.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby brabs on Thu May 25, 2006 11:41 pm

Totally agree, good while it lasts but the flipside...... OOOOOOOO nasty!

Dolphins Were Monkeys, good call fella.

Bad buys, eh? I know I have a few. The most stinking one would have to be that New Radicals thing from a few years back.
"You got the music in you"
No you fucking do not my son.
"You only get what you give"
Yeah, and I want my tenner back shithead.
brabs
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby havocSchultz on Fri May 26, 2006 1:28 am

:D
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby DrillerKiller on Fri May 26, 2006 11:20 am

Brocktune wrote:they always came across as a glorified FNM rip off that were only maybe half as talented. and they also lose points for their vocalist being a total faceman and a prettyboy.

Just so you know, in the liner notes of the first Incubus demo/album 'Fungus Amongus' (Weaker production than 'Enjoy...' but with the same songs and then some more funkier numbers - try 'Psychocilicibin' sometime if you feel like it...I can't really argue with anything promoting mushies), they list Mr. Bungle, Primus and the Red Hot Chili Peppers as their equal inspirations.

While I like early Incubus (up as far as s.c.i.e.n.c.e), I reckon Brandon Boyd emulates Patton to a shocking degree, although in my book (while never being remotely close to his awesomeness) trying to sound like the bet singer in existence is no bad thing.

As soon as that funktacular bassist left, I gave up on Incubus. As much as I'm gone off them though, they could never match the contempt I have for Dog Fashion Disco. It seems like not everything Bungle-related has been extremely positive.
Wellycome....in jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
DrillerKiller
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby DrillerKiller on Fri May 26, 2006 11:35 am

Oh, as far as mucktacular buys go, I once bought that debut Papa Roach album. I got suckered in by playing too much Tony Hawks and getting to like that song 'Blood Brothers', then upon purchase was landed with an angst ridden piece of shit (with their current level of success and propensity to carry on with angsty crap, the only word to describe them is bathetic) that I could only listen to once or twice before giving it away to an impressionable young female neighbour. I think it's my fault that she doesn't acknowledge my existence anymore, I obviously made the wrong impression! Ah welly, at least it no longer stinks up my collection.

I also bought (80's Irish tv puppets) Zig & Zag's 'Nevermind the Zogabongs' album on the cheap recently out of sheer nostalgia for my once beloved show (and since seeing their funny turn as Bronx Bunny and Panda thingy I was curious), and want to give/throw it away but cannot let it leave the quarantine area under my table leg for fear it will corrupt humanity's will to be.

Go hyperbolé! :)
Wellycome....in jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
DrillerKiller
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Vegeta on Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 pm

DrillerKiller wrote:Oh, as far as mucktacular buys go, I once bought that debut Papa Roach album. I got suckered in by playing too much Tony Hawks and getting to like that song 'Blood Brothers', then upon purchase was landed with an angst ridden piece of shit (with their current level of success and propensity to carry on with angsty crap, the only word to describe them is bathetic) that I could only listen to once or twice before giving it away to an impressionable young female neighbour. I think it's my fault that she doesn't acknowledge my existence anymore, I obviously made the wrong impression! Ah welly, at least it no longer stinks up my collection.

I also bought (80's Irish tv puppets) Zig & Zag's 'Nevermind the Zogabongs' album on the cheap recently out of sheer nostalgia for my once beloved show (and since seeing their funny turn as Bronx Bunny and Panda thingy I was curious), and want to give/throw it away but cannot let it leave the quarantine area under my table leg for fear it will corrupt humanity's will to be.

Go hyperbolé! :)

Yeah their "hit" Last Resort is one fucking awful song. Actually everything about them is awful. Fuck Pap Roach. This is what modern radio has done, the era of mediocre at best :(
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Fri May 26, 2006 1:20 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
I'm listening to Dolphins Were Monkeys this very second.

Top track, but eclipsed by the even better 'F.E.A.R' which has to be the best solo work he's done so far.
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri May 26, 2006 2:23 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Limp Bizkit anyone :oops:

Yeah...me too... :cry:

But I did it all for the nookie!

Me also...well, not for the nookie, but...

I was a pretty angry 18 year old. I confess, "Break Stuff" is still a fun "I've had a shitty day" song.

I actually took it to the gym and it pissed me off so much for being crap that it kept me exercising, so I suppose it still has some good use!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Previous

Return to Music