Music Video Director to Film

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Music Video Director to Film

Postby sleepflower on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:47 am

Now considering Michel Gondry made an amazing job of eternal sunshine and Mark Romanek with one hour photo (Loved his NIN work), which Music Promo Director that HAVENT yet made a film, would you like to see working on a feature, and what project would you like to see them tackle?

Floria Sigismondi tackling Alice in Wonerland, or Hansel and Grettel.
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:27 am

I think EVERYBODY wants to see Chris Cunningham making a Sci-Fi, Horror, or Sci-fi/Horror-flick!

I would like to see Zoran Bihac making something Gondry-like.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby mister six on Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:42 am

Interesting choice for Alice. I take it you're thinking of her treatment for The White Stripes Blue Orchid video? That would be cool. Marcus Nispel is already set to do the American McGee version though.

How about Chris Cunningham? Amazingly creative and dark bloke with a HUGE amount of skill and knowledge of the medium having worked in pretty much every aspect of a films creative processes. He was supposed to do an adaptation of Neuromancer but that fell through (which is a damn shame) but his version of Jeff Noon's Vurt I could see being superb...
mister six
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby sleepflower on Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:00 am

Marcus Nispel eh? Need to look him up. I haven't checked on the Alice film for a few months or so.

Cunningham is good, nice ideas, though from his DVD I get the feeling he messes up a little and most things get done in post. Still, if he pulls off a good story I will be there to see it.

Yeah I was thinking of Blue Orchidd for the Hans christien anderson stuff.
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:44 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:I think EVERYBODY wants to see Chris Cunningham making a Sci-Fi, Horror, or Sci-fi/Horror-flick!

If Cunningham directed a sci fi/horror movie in the style of his Aphex Twin videos, then we'd be in for one hell of a scary time. Windowlicker and Come To Daddy are genuinely way-out and brilliant videos.
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby sleepflower on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:02 pm

Think he could do a good 1984 type thing
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:15 pm

Imagine David Cronenberg would write the screenplay for a Chris Cunningham-Film :D
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby sleepflower on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:19 pm

Mike Mills who did the AIR videos could do something crazy with David Bowie. That man needs a new film.
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:55 pm

I think Mike Mills directed his first feature 'Thumbsucker', which came out in the US last year, but went straight to video most other places - anyone in the states catch it?

Gondry's first film was actually 'Human Nature', which despite also having a script by Charlie Kaufman, was pretty dire - loved eternal Sunshine, though.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby raasnio on Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:05 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Imagine David Cronenberg would write the screenplay for a Chris Cunningham-Film :D

Damn. Now that's a sweet idea. I wonder if that would ever be possible.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby sleepflower on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:29 pm

tapehead wrote:I think Mike Mills directed his first feature 'Thumbsucker', which came out in the US last year, but went straight to video most other places - anyone in the states catch it?

Gondry's first film was actually 'Human Nature', which despite also having a script by Charlie Kaufman, was pretty dire - loved eternal Sunshine, though.

Your knowledge is scary, yet eternaly useful. Will hunt down the Mills film.

Is the Gondry one so bad it's not worth a look, or has it got a few interesting points, script or visual cleverness?
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:07 pm

sleepflower wrote:Is the Gondry one so bad it's not worth a look, or has it got a few interesting points, script or visual cleverness?

It's one of these "Love it or hate it"-flicks. You will buy the DVD after you watched it or it's your personal worst film ever.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Proinsias on Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:24 pm

KER-IS! - KUN-ING-HAM!. That guy needs to make a feature. Now. He has a new video coming out very soon for The Horrors - Title -Sheena is a parasite - Starring - Samantha Morton, in a week or two.
Proinsias
REAL DRAGON

Postby sleepflower on Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:51 pm

I really didn't like rubber johnny though, so I hope he doesn't go all self indulgent, I guess a producer would put a stop to that anyway.

Anymore info on the new vid pro?
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby sleepflower on Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:54 pm

http://exodus.interoutemediaservices.com/?id=aa81817d-41e3-480a-8d7f-bb83e4463add&delivery=stream&tk=jqOkYBtwyAg=E%2F0f3jxrE2IO6Z48AhnlOXpseQ4=WG6Tlw==17

Should be the link to the Cunningham vid.

Edit - kcbc - fixed your link.

try to remember that on the longer url's you might want to...

Code: Select all
[url=] Url Text [/url]
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:04 pm

good tune.

Oh how I wanna make Samantha shake, preferably whilst I'm between her nethers.

Cunningham, for the longest time, was William Gibson's preferred director for Neuromancer, but the project is apparently dead :cry:.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby mister six on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:04 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:Oh how I wanna make Samantha shake, preferably whilst I'm between her nethers.

And I thought it was just me! :D

Cunningham, for the longest time, was William Gibson's preferred director for Neuromancer, but the project is apparently dead :cry:.[/quote]

Fraid so... :cry:
mister six
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby tapehead on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:44 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:good tune.

Oh how I wanna make Samantha shake, preferably whilst I'm between her nethers.

Cunningham, for the longest time, was William Gibson's preferred director for Neuromancer, but the project is apparently dead :cry:.

oh that would have been sweet.... and the Morton video is simple, but freaky deaky

sleepflower wrote:
tapehead wrote:I think Mike Mills directed his first feature 'Thumbsucker', which came out in the US last year, but went straight to video most other places - anyone in the states catch it?

Your knowledge is scary, yet eternaly useful. Will hunt down the Mills film.

Is the Gondry one so bad it's not worth a look, or has it got a few interesting points, script or visual cleverness?

Actually I kid of liked it, but can't bring myself to call it good. It has a lot of Gondry's visual cleverness, but also some really lame cgi mice, and its a film that's just bristling with good ideas, it's very remniscent of 'Being Jon Malkovitch' at times - it's worth a look, but a logically progressing narrative is something you won't find here. Also I feel I have to warn you, seeing Patricia Arquette with gorilla levels of blonde body hair is not a pleasant experience, and the image is hard to get out of your mind.

-I preferred the original ending in Kaufman's script for Eternal Sunshine over the one Gondry shot for the movie.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby sleepflower on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:06 am

Will track down the original ending, my friend Anna is a big fan. If someone can sum it up here though that would be cool, unless it is too long or complicated.

As to the other film, I can look past bad CGI, though gorilla hair is outta the question *shiver*. Will definitlely give it a watch. I did love being John Malkovitch.
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:07 am

sleepflower wrote:Will track down the original ending, my friend Anna is a big fan. If someone can sum it up here though that would be cool, unless it is too long or complicated.

As to the other film, I can look past bad CGI, though gorilla hair is outta the question *shiver*. Will definitlely give it a watch. I did love being John Malkovitch.

I found it it on JoBlo.com - It's not radically different, but its a definite science fiction ending as opposed to the one in the movie; if anything I found it sadder than the film... and say hi to your fascinating friend Anna
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby sleepflower on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:50 am

tapehead wrote:
sleepflower wrote:Will track down the original ending, my friend Anna is a big fan. If someone can sum it up here though that would be cool, unless it is too long or complicated.

I found it it on JoBlo.com - It's not radically different, but its a definite science fiction ending as opposed to the one in the movie; if anything I found it sadder than the film... and say hi to your fascinating friend Anna

Cheers, i'll read it and give my opinion later. Will say Hi to Anna! Though Im sure you will meet her soon.
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Return to Music