Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Postby dimnix on Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:41 pm

...is pretty fucking good, really.
dimnix
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:01 pm

Wild shot in the dark: you mean the new release from Nine Inch Nails, correct?

I like "Survivalism" and I'm definitely picking this up.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:16 am

Yeah, I guess Trent Reznor was giving away a bunch of tracks to Survivalism and a bunch of other songs for free, so you can mix your own version of the songs. I downloaded it, but I think it's a mac only format, because I couldn't get the damned thing to work. I so need to buy a mac book... or whatever the hell they call them these days.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Theta on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:46 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Yeah, I guess Trent Reznor was giving away a bunch of tracks to Survivalism and a bunch of other songs for free, so you can mix your own version of the songs. I downloaded it, but I think it's a mac only format, because I couldn't get the damned thing to work. I so need to buy a mac book... or whatever the hell they call them these days.

It's for GarageBand. He did the same when "With Teeth" came out, but he did it on more formats (ACID, SoundForge, etc.) Maybe he's waiting for the album to come out before unleashing his full fury.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:51 am

Theta wrote:
Retardo_Montalban wrote:Yeah, I guess Trent Reznor was giving away a bunch of tracks to Survivalism and a bunch of other songs for free, so you can mix your own version of the songs. I downloaded it, but I think it's a mac only format, because I couldn't get the damned thing to work. I so need to buy a mac book... or whatever the hell they call them these days.

It's for GarageBand. He did the same when "With Teeth" came out, but he did it on more formats (ACID, SoundForge, etc.) Maybe he's waiting for the album to come out before unleashing his full fury.

they're just .aif I believe - you can convert them pretty easily, and some pc programs will run them in their native format - try downloading the codec or converting them with something like Convert v1.0 freeware.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Theta on Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:50 pm

Well, I picked it up today. Haven't listened to the whole album, but I'm really impressed by what I've heard. This is the closest I think NIN's ever going to come to a punk album, and it's pretty amazing how stripped down this release is.

I hope the game doesn't eclipse the album, though.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:25 am

tapehead wrote:they're just .aif I believe - you can convert them pretty easily, and some pc programs will run them in their native format - try downloading the codec or converting them with something like Convert v1.0 freeware.

Yeah... I have Acid Music 6 which is pretty old, and it reads in the AIFF format just fine. I've used a bunch of loops from GarageBand's World Music Pack in Acid Music with no problems.

I would imagine the latest version of Acid Music can do the same thing.
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Fawst on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:42 pm

I'll have to download those, convert them and run them through Reason. I love that friggin program.

I had fun mixing up Only when he released those samples. Delerium did the same thing a few years back with a song off their newest CD (never did pick that up), as well.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Music