Deichkind - Arbeit nervt

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Deichkind - Arbeit nervt

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:55 am

The German band Deichkind was a less than mediocre Hip Hop Act, until they thought it was a funny idea to use electronic sounds. But they liked it that much that they turned into an Electric Super Dance Band and became legendary for their totally fucked up live shows.
Their new album "Arbeit nervt", which is also the name of the first single, came out this friday and it's that good that I wanna tell you about it.

The first track "Hört ihr die signale" uses the Tripod-sound from Spielberg's War Of The Worlds as sample and is also one of the two only weak tracks on the album. (The other one is called "Travelpussy") It sounds like someone was heavily inspired by Timbaland and added some stupid drinking lyrics.
But after you survived that one, you get a great electro album, full of high energy dancetracks, that are much better produced than one might expect! The biggest surprise is probably "Luftbahn", a very catchy and slightly melancholic Popsong. And I should also mention "Gut dabei", which features a well known sample from Gary Glitter. (I think it's "Rock 'n' Roll Part 2".)

Okay, if you don't speak German, you will probably like the album a little bit less, just because you won't get the hilarious lyrics. (Holy shit, "Ich und mein Computer" is probably the greatest song about computer problems ever!) But if you are interested in strange crossovers and simple, but original electronic sounds you should check it out.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Return to Music