What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Re: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:58 pm

The Music and Serbian Film Discussion Circle - http://ustre.am/8iLg - starts at 11pm.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:40 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jarviscocker/2010/03/when-the-levee-breaks.shtml

A popular demand post...for Guy, Andy, Rob, and everyone else who wanted to hear it again. Here's Jarvis explaining why, physiologically, Led Zeppelin's John Bonham sounds so sweet on the drums. It's taken from Greg Milner's book 'Perfecting Sound Forever: The Story of Recorded Music'

This is very cool. Urge you to take a listen.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Thu May 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Special Election night discussion circle tonight - http://ustre.am/8iLg
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat May 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Music from the Shaw Bros. movies, broadcasting live at http://ustre.am/8v68
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Fried Gold on Fri May 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Songs at eleven - http://ustre.am/8iLg
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed May 19, 2010 11:50 am

Bucky is broadcasting right now, click here to listen & chat.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Fried Gold on Fri May 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Lost themed discussion circle - http://ustre.am/8iLg - at eleven.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri May 21, 2010 4:25 pm

OSNAP! So is that in half an hour or an hour and a half? (I'm bad with time zones)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Hermanator X on Fri May 21, 2010 4:27 pm

hour and a half. Sounds like fun, but dont think I can make it. Will do if I can. Cool idea
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Fri May 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Lost themed discussion circle - http://ustre.am/8iLg - at eleven.

Join us all now, plenty of people in the house tonight
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Will be broadcasting to a global audience in half an hour or so - http://ustre.am/8iLg
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I'll be broadcasting some music + stuff in just under 2 hours> http://bit.ly/d6rBAt
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:02 pm

I'll be starting shortly, then KON may lead on after - http://www.notgoingout.tk
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Yep, in 20 mins for the previously advertised Castlevania special.
Last edited by King Of Nowhere on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Some live DJing with a huge chunk of good ol' Acid House starts in around 1 hour: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/psychofrakulator-live
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Ustreaming right now - http://notgoingout.tk/ - KON and Bucky are already there.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 pm

I'll be going live with another videogame music show in about 90mins. It's mario themed this week, because of the mario marathon.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/martyrshow/v3 is the link.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:29 pm

Listening to Lee Scratch Perry djing on 6 music. Now playing the waterboys, did not see that coming.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Tunes at 9:30pm - http://ustre.am/8iLg - unless the World Cup semi goes in to extra-time.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Going live in 20 mins W/ some 80's music & some not so 80's music > http://ustre.am/8v68
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Seppuku on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 am

Self-pimpage time. My mother always said I'd grow up to be a pimp. All the shows I've done since I've been away. Which isn't too many, as I had a bit of a break for the Summer hols. Some woman named Jo Youle who works with BBC 6 Music said she wants to do something with me... Not sure if I can get it together enough to do that, but it's a pretty nice compliment all the same.

Anyway...

Tour De France (Starts off with lots of tasty French pop)

Jah Is I & I

Cosmic Jazz (Give it a chance, yo. Jezeus! :wink:)

Protest Songs
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 am

Cheers Sepp. Added a few of them to my Internet Radio stations, so will listen at my leisure.
Interesting about the 6 music thing. Good luck with that, and as for getting it together enough for it, what have you got to lose by trying? Go for it.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 am

Hermanator X wrote:Interesting about the 6 music thing. Good luck with that, and as for getting it together enough for it, what have you got to lose by trying? Go for it.

Yeah matey, get it on! You're light years better than their usual overpayed, coke snorting excuses for DJ's... Stick it to/in them/her, gorilla broadcast to the nation! About time 6 music played something a bit more diverse than Radio Ones playlist of 20 years ago...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Go for it, Sepp. 6music is definitely the right place for your kind of show.

On a slightly related note (as it's also self-pimpage tiem from me), Podcast 203: Versus Pacino & De Niro is finally up...
Craig and Martin take on the old question of who is better and why. They compare recent roles and find mixed results, wonder what Ted Levine was doing in Heat to begin with, try to think of actors that come close to the level of Pacino and De Niro & much, much more.

Download mp3
Stream via Blip
Subscribe via RSS
Subscribe via iTunes
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Seppuku on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:48 am

Been doing pretty much one of these a week for almost a year now. I guess I'll call it quits at 50. 8 more to go...

Get Funked! (feat fake Blaxploitation Trailer intro)

"Informative show on Funk and Blaxploitation that features some of the nastiest, rawest cuts ever pressed on sexy black wax! Get down wit' yo' bad self!"

Psychedelic Pop (with the Psychedelic Shopping Network)

"Turn the world technicolor for 60 minutes with this show devoted to the weird and whimsical world of '60s psyche-pop music."

The Blues

"If you ever felt like life's chewed you up and spat you out, well the blues are for you. The blues aren't just about one man moaning over his sparse guitar picking. They also embrace folk, gospel, jazz and various other styles, and they can be just as much about celebration as disconsolation, which this show amply demonstrates."

Synth City

"Very zany show on the wonderfully catchy genre of Synth-Pop which emerged in the early '80s when synthesizers started to replace guitars as pop music's optimum instrument. Featuring dozens of lost quirky pop bands that probably had number one hits in an alternate dimension but were unfairly ignored in this one. Enjoy!"

Doo Wop & Girl Groups

"Two essential stages in the development of pop music. The men of doo-wop may have laid the groundwork but the teen popettes of the wave of girl groups who followed in their wake really made pop melodrama a fine art (even if most of those songs were written by balding, middle-aged men). Featuring dozens of obscurities all abrim with that breezy '60s feelin'."

Surf's Up!

"Take a trip to the beach with this 60-minute radio show on the riff-tastic genre of Surf Rock. If you wish to get the most out of this radio show, please wear shorts whilst listening!"

It's a Kid's World

"A collection of charming and relaxing folk songs, funny skits and pastoral instrumentals for your children or the child within!"

African Music

"Exciting new surveys have proven that the best cure for depression is listening to the sublime music produced in Africa over the years. This hour-long show covers some of the gloriously danceable national products of countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Mali, Tobo and many more. Dig it!"

Noise Rock

"Rock music has always straddled the line between order and chaos. This 60-minute show on Noise Rock covers some of those bands that skewed more towards the chaotic side of things, whilst still somehow managing to remain fairly melodic."

Prog On!

"Progressive Rock sometimes gets a bad rap. People remember the triple-layered keyboards, the 30-piece drum-kits and the extreme noodling but often forget just how catchy and...yes, progressive it could be when at its best. Hopefully this show will jog your memory. Prog on!"

Mutant Disco

"A 60-minute show highlighting disco's tastier, stranger side. The Disco revival starts here!"

Ragas To Riches

"So you've heard Within You Without You by The Beatles, but have you ever tried to listen to the Hindustani Classical Music which inspired it? Well, now you can. Some of the musicians featured in this 60-minute show would spend their every waking hour for years on end trying to master their instruments. And as this show demonstrates, all their hard work and extreme concentration more than paid off. Enjoy- and don't let your exposure to Indian Classical Music and Ragas end here!"

Space Rock

"Prepare to embark on a mind-melting voyage into the outer reaches of the galaxy with this hour-long show on the extreme psychedelic sub-genre known as Space Rock. Bon voyage!"

Jingle Jangle Mornings

"An hour's worth of invigorating Jangle Pop music from Indie's early days, with a couple of sweet '60s tunes thrown in for good measure. Loaded with informative commentary on everything played. Enjoy!"

The Experimental Institution

"A one hour musical trip inside a mental patient's brain. Only recommended for the very sound of mind, for it is very probable that you will find yourself becoming completely mentally unhinged before the hour's over thanks to the wild and unpredictable music contained within. Are you feeling lucky...?"

Musica Italiana

"Charting Italy's always over the top and always enjoyable music scene. Expect to hear some gorgeous psychedelic folk, some crazy operatic prog, a lot of catchy post-punk and several excellent pieces from scores by masters like Ennio Morricone and Nino Rota. Grazie!"

Industrial

"A bleak and unremitting exploration of the Industrial music scene that emerged in the early '80s, when hundreds of headstrong anarchists broke all the rules and helped change music for good in the process. Though the music contained within may be challenging, it's also incredibly ahead of its time and well worth delving into by all you adventurous experimentalists out there..."

Abstract Hip-Hop

"An antidote to those harbouring the delusion that all Hip-Hop is obsessed with gold medallions and cookie-cutter beats. This explores Hip-Hop's weirder side, where the rules get thrown out of the window and almost anything goes."

Modern Classical

"If the word "classical" makes you think of something old and musty, this show should change your mind. Modern Classical encompasses everything from early electronic experiments, film scores, angelic/hellish choirs, gorgeous '70s progressive works and everything else in between. Enjoy the show!"
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed May 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Jesus Christ, Craig & I struggle to get one done a month these days & that's just talking, i can't imagine having to map out a full show every weekend.

We ended up recording today for the first time in months & The Zone yielded most of the material, so...

Friends, Zoners, "Cuntrymen", Lend Me Your Connery Impersonations
As Craig and I reach the realization that our idols will die one day, we contemplate life, message boards, the reasoning behind a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie and, above all else, doing time nice.

Download mp3
Subscribe via iTunes

I think the plan is to knock five or six of these out in as many days, so i'll be editing this post with more links if that ends up happening.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby tapehead on Thu May 19, 2011 6:09 am

Were you thinking of Sick Boy and Renton shooting people in the park and discussing Connery's best Bond movies in Trainspotting? because I was...

I also have this nagging idea that 'Do time nice...' is something John Mason said in The Rock - it would kinda make sense, no?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu May 19, 2011 12:08 pm

FOUND IT!

It's from Family Business and we didn't have it exactly right,it's really-
"You do your time nice,don't rat anybody out,never take it in the arse..."

Script.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu May 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Fuck yeah, Bucky!
Found the scene, put a little inspirational montage togeather.

Also, today's podcast "Tech Talk Time" is available for download here.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri May 20, 2011 6:16 pm

It's Friday (Friday, gotta get down on Friday) & that means another podcast...

The Shtruggle With Schucshess
Craig and I struggle to cope with the ridiculous amounts of internet fame that has been thrust upon us while we discuss Kevin Smith's Smodcast network & radio station, more quotes attributed to Sean Connery, videogames like Call Of Duty and the crossover between games and movies.
Download MP3
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby TheButcher on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:52 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby BuckyO'harre on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:23 am

By now I'm sure most of you have seen that video from Emerald City Con with voice actors like Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, Rob Paulsen, etc., reading the script of Star Wars as various characters from their careers along with some impersonations.* Well if you enjoyed that as much as I did and would like to hear more of that sort of thing then I heartily recommend giving a listen to the Talkin' Toons podcast that Rob Paulsen has started. He's interviewed folks like Jim Cummings, Mark Hamill, Kevin Michael Richardson, and so on. You'll hear backstories from Ninja Turtles, Pinky and The Brain, Animaniacs, Batman TAS, and loads of other cartoons from the 80's to the present. Every episode I've heard so far has been hilarious and it seems like they've got the greatest job imaginable.

You can find it on itunes or this homepage.

And here's the video from ECCC in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:44 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Music