lady gaga has man-parts

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Which part of lady gaga is bigger: her penis or her nose?

Penis
50%
Nose
50%

Total votes : 10

Re: lady gaga has man-parts

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:07 am

I have to admit that the thought of Justin Bieber popping out of Lady Gaga's ass is hilarious.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:21 am

Pacino86845 wrote:I have to admit that the thought of Justin Bieber popping out of Lady Gaga's ass is hilarious.

it would esxplain why his music is so shitty
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:07 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:I have to admit that the thought of Justin Bieber popping out of Lady Gaga's ass is hilarious.

it would esxplain why his music is so shitty

So why did she get rid of it then?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Beeber seems to be nothing more than an updated version of the late 50's manufactured pop singers, the industry will use him for a few years and then move on to the next teen kid with big white teeth that tweenagers get giggly over. i don't even know what he sounds like, just that my 13 and 14 yr old sons can't stand him, but girls their age go nuts over him

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby minstrel on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:43 pm

He's sixteen and his voice hasn't broken yet. Which means his career will probably last another six months. Then he will be yesterday's news.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby birthmark on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm currently wearing a Lady Gaga shirt so I'm getting a kick out of these replies.
birthmark
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Bloo on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Peven wrote:Beeber seems to be nothing more than an updated version of the late 50's manufactured pop singers, the industry will use him for a few years and then move on to the next teen kid with big white teeth that tweenagers get giggly over. i don't even know what he sounds like, just that my 13 and 14 yr old sons can't stand him, but girls their age go nuts over him

that would be my sister
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 pm

This is the title track from Gaga's next album. I saw Gaga in a small venue when she was on her way up and she brought a fucking great screamingly g@y show, so I'll really stoked to be seeing her big stadium show in a month where she will no doubt be giving her insanity the budget it deserves and testing out some new material.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby minstrel on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Peven wrote:i don't even know what he sounds like, just that my 13 and 14 yr old sons can't stand him, but girls their age go nuts over him

I'm sure your 13 and 14 year old sons sound just like him. Sign them to recording contracts (make sure they have sexy hair first ...) and cash in. There is money to be made!
minstrel

Postby SilentScream on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 pm

She's the logical conclusion of what popular culture has become. A preening, relentless, self-obssessed need to be famous by having as little talent as possible and going every which way in order to achieve it.
Discerning eyes can see she's a total fake.
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby papalazeru on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 pm

SilentScream wrote:She's the logical conclusion of what popular culture has become. A preening, relentless, self-obssessed need to be famous by having as little talent as possible and going every which way in order to achieve it.
Discerning eyes can see she's a total fake.

Even stupid people know she's fake.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:05 pm

even if you don't like the whole performance art nature of her persona if you think she has no talent you're just plain fucking ignorant. she writes or co-writes all her own songs, just for starters. i think it is funny how people get their panties in a twist over GaGa being as successful as she is as if musicians and performers up until now had always been models of "normal" dress and behavior. at least GaGa has some real skill and ability to go along with her outrageous get-up, unlike bands like Kiss who are still making money in royalties off nothing more than spectacle. Gene Simmons, now there is a no talent hack who even stupid people should know sucks ass if judged by any real musical standard. I wonder how much $ he made for those recent Dr Pepper commercials? and why? because there are people out there so fucking stupid they think he is cool, otherwise Dr Pepper would have never hired him for it. and lets not forget a cable network giving him his own reality tv series. no outrage over that, though. :roll:

so what if you don't like GaGa's music, she is a performer who champions the idea that you should be whoever you want to be and not let others make you feel unworthy or like an outcast because you are different. no one is making anyone listen to her music so why so much crying and whining about it anyway?

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby minstrel on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Peven wrote:even if you don't like the whole performance art nature of her persona if you think she has no talent you're just plain fucking ignorant. she writes or co-writes all her own songs, just for starters. i think it is funny how people get their panties in a twist over GaGa being as successful as she is as if musicians and performers up until now had always been models of "normal" dress and behavior. at least GaGa has some real skill and ability to go along with her outrageous get-up, unlike bands like Kiss who are still making money in royalties off nothing more than spectacle. Gene Simmons, now there is a no talent hack who even stupid people should know sucks ass if judged by any real musical standard. I wonder how much $ he made for those recent Dr Pepper commercials? and why? because there are people out there so fucking stupid they think he is cool, otherwise Dr Pepper would have never hired him for it. and lets not forget a cable network giving him his own reality tv series. no outrage over that, though. :roll:

so what if you don't like GaGa's music, she is a performer who champions the idea that you should be whoever you want to be and not let others make you feel unworthy or like an outcast because you are different. no one is making anyone listen to her music so why so much crying and whining about it anyway?

Gene Simmons writes or co-writes his own songs, too. Kiss's music is Simmons music. I don't like it - I think it's rock fakery, and very lowbrow - but I can't deny that he creates his own music and his own image, exactly as Lady Gaga does. And he's been hugely successful at it. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene Simmons was one of the inspirations for Lady Gaga. You might not like it, Peven, but there it is.

So your argument is an epic FAIL.
minstrel

Postby Bloo on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 pm

in the first season, Glee made a similar point in their "Gaga tribute" episode by comparing Lady Gaga (through the girls and the Dumbledore kid) and Kiss (by having the boys dress up like Kiss)

so...is Peven Ryan Murphy?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:17 pm

minstrel wrote:
Peven wrote:even if you don't like the whole performance art nature of her persona if you think she has no talent you're just plain fucking ignorant. she writes or co-writes all her own songs, just for starters. i think it is funny how people get their panties in a twist over GaGa being as successful as she is as if musicians and performers up until now had always been models of "normal" dress and behavior. at least GaGa has some real skill and ability to go along with her outrageous get-up, unlike bands like Kiss who are still making money in royalties off nothing more than spectacle. Gene Simmons, now there is a no talent hack who even stupid people should know sucks ass if judged by any real musical standard. I wonder how much $ he made for those recent Dr Pepper commercials? and why? because there are people out there so fucking stupid they think he is cool, otherwise Dr Pepper would have never hired him for it. and lets not forget a cable network giving him his own reality tv series. no outrage over that, though. :roll:

Gene Simmons writes or co-writes his own songs, too. Kiss's music is Simmons music. I don't like it - I think it's rock fakery, and very lowbrow - but I can't deny that he creates his own music and his own image, exactly as Lady Gaga does. And he's been hugely successful at it. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene Simmons was one of the inspirations for Lady Gaga. You might not like it, Peven, but there it is.

So your argument is an epic FAIL.

how many hit songs did Simmons write compared to GaGa? and she is only a few albums into her career. she has already had more hits than Simmons has had in his entire lame career. look at the lyrics of those pieces of shit and see how simplistic they are. what were they saying? the same simplistic adolescent jerk-off mantras again and again. the only song that wasn't was "Beth" and that was what, 2 stanzas and i think the cat faced or star faced dude wrote it anyway. Simmons was all about "I'm better than you" arrogance, which is the other end of the spectrum of the attitude GaGa promotes. Simmons is little more than an arrogant opportunistic marketing guy who goes for whatever angle he sees that will make him $$. GaGa is someone who has really committed to her art, whether everyone wants to see it as that or not, and acts in a way that is more than just self-serving the way Simmons has always conducted himself.

plus, the point is, people act as if the world of music is coming to and end now because GaGa is so successful when the late 70's and 80's were full of acts that were all about make-up and spectacle and very little substance, but that doesn't seem to have bothered these people who have apoplectic fits over GaGa's success. shit, if the all the pathetically shitty hair bands of the 80's didn't kill music GaGa sure won't

edit; and even IF i agreed with you that Simmons was even somewhat close to as legit an artist as GaGa that wouldn't go against my point at all, and in fact would still back it up, since the point was GaGa isn't some new phenomena that is a low point in the downward progression of music or some sort of sign of the musical apocalypse. so your misinterpretation of the point being made is the real epic FAIL here.
Last edited by Peven on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Gaga doesn't actually do anything original. She just rips off post-modern artists from the 70's and 80's like Jana Sterbak. Her lyrics and musical styling is just as repetitive and tepid as any KISS song. Gaga is as edgy as a Saturday morning cartoon. I prefer Kylie Minogue's auto tune synth pop, because Kylie is way hotter. She doesn't even have balls to rip off any contemporary artists, because that shit is actually edgy and could never be commercially viable. Call me when she pulls a poem out of her vagina.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:39 pm

you say that, Retardo, and yet i doubt you have listened through even one of her albums. there is more variety on just her debut album than the entirety of Kiss's library, for instance. i get that tastes vary and not everyone likes the same flavor, fine, listen to what you like and don't listen to what you don't. what i don't get is the vitriol people spew in her direction just because she is successful and they don't care for her style. i don't like Rap, doesn't work for me, but i don't then degrade anyone who is successful working within that form to make myself feel superior for not liking it.

and as a disclaimer, i am no big dance fan, either, not much of a "pop" fan in fact, too much of it all sounds alike. most of the stuff in my i-tunes is pre-1990, in fact. my favorite "new" album right now is "Brothers" by The Black Keys, hardly pop fluff. but i do like me some GaGa, too.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:13 am

My beef has nothing to do with taste, it has to do with plagiarism and originality. lifting riffs off of pop stars like Madonna, U2, Johnny Cash and Coldplay is ethically murky, but not really hurting their cash flow. the fact that she plagiarizes contemporary artists and obscure pop singers who could actually lose income and recognition for their hard work annoys the hell out of me. It would be a different story if Gaga gave recognition for appropriating material from other Artists. Sonic Youth constantly uses contemporary art in their album covers and song lyrics, but they also give full recognition and pay for the use of other artist images. Even Kanye West pays contemporary artists for use of their work and that dude is a world class douche. Don't even get me started on how Gaga has appropriated work created for specific social messages and recontextualized them into shallow images.

Gaga next to Estonian pop singer Kerli.

Vanessa Beercroft

Matthew Barney

Jana Sterbak
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby SilentScream on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:01 am

Peven wrote:even if you don't like the whole performance art nature of her persona if you think she has no talent you're just plain fucking ignorant. she writes or co-writes all her own songs, just for starters. i think it is funny how people get their panties in a twist over GaGa being as successful as she is as if musicians and performers up until now had always been models of "normal" dress and behavior. at least GaGa has some real skill and ability to go along with her outrageous get-up

Her talent is purely for self-publicity and self-publicity alone. The songs are generic, unremarkable and rather lazy in construction. They're like bubble gum when it loses it flavour. And anyone who tries that little bit TOO much to be always noticed is usually lacking something. But she's a supreme rip-off artist -I'll give the tranny one that. She constantly and craftily mentions people like Bowie, Prince, Grace Jones etc as influences all the time thereby stealthily trying to align herself alongside them. The difference being that Bowie and Prince are supremely creative people. Gaga is a no such thing. She's about as alternative as Justin Bieber - except with far better marketing. But, hey, good luck to the penis-headed one. Let her enjoy her "notoriety".
Me? I'll stick with the likes of Bjork and Kate Bush.
Last edited by SilentScream on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Clearly Justin Beiber has more talent in his pre-pubesent wiener than GaGa has in her post-pubesent wiener.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby minstrel on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:13 pm

so sorry wrote:Clearly Justin Beiber has more talent in his pre-pubesent wiener than GaGa has in her post-pubesent wiener.

Which of GaGa's post-pubescent wieners are you referring to?
minstrel

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm

minstrel wrote:
so sorry wrote:Clearly Justin Beiber has more talent in his pre-pubesent wiener than GaGa has in her post-pubesent wiener.

Which of GaGa's post-pubescent wieners are you referring to?

The one she calls her nose.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Seriously, if i start a Led Zeppelin thread & you lot all say they're shite because they stole imagery from Tolken & music from blues & folk musicians...
:roll:
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby SilentBobX on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Now Lady Gaga' stealing ideas from the WWF

http://www.5min.com/Video/2011-Grammys- ... -516966348

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JODV1xJNlrU

Coincidence? Well, they both have that little thing under their chins....

Mahalo

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Yeh but Zeppelin are fucking awesome, why would we rip on them? Soon as Gaga does anything as crazy as Bonham, then maybe I'll pay attnetion to her.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:22 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Yeh but Zeppelin are fucking awesome, why would we rip on them? Soon as Gaga does anything as crazy as Bonham, then maybe I'll pay attnetion to her.

Zeppelin "ripped off" a shit ton of riffs/lyrics/style from the blues musicians that proceeded them. But like Tony said, they fucking ROCKED and made the music their own. I'm not saying GaGa isn't doing the same thing, but man that song she sang at the grammies sounded EXACTLY like Madonna.

And I was kidding about Beiber (before Peven comes in here and rips me a new asshole for mentioning his name next to his favorite GaGa).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:26 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Yeh but Zeppelin are fucking awesome, why would we rip on them? Soon as Gaga does anything as crazy as Bonham, then maybe I'll pay attnetion to her.

I'm almost 100% sure gaga has shoved a shark somewhere it doesn't belong.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby SilentScream on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:20 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:
I'm almost 100% sure gaga has shoved a shark somewhere it doesn't belong.

Yeah, in her non-existent personality which is as dead as a shark's eyes.
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby minstrel on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:37 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:I'm almost 100% sure gaga has shoved a shark somewhere it doesn't belong.

If Lady GaGa is capable of shoving sharks where they don't belong, then she has superhuman powers and is a Force to be Reckoned With.
minstrel

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 am

Accusing a performer of being an attentionwhore is probably one of the most absurdly stupid levels of stating-the-obvious. All performers want attention. What person gets on a stage and makes a bunch of noise in hopes that nobody will pay attention to them? Are you guys telling me that all the bands you like would rather be completely anonymous? That they brand themselves with catchy names, spend years rehearsing and developing music, release albums, do concert tours and all this is in hope that it will discreetly vanish into a black hole?
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby SilentScream on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Accusing a performer of being an attentionwhore is probably one of the most absurdly stupid levels of stating-the-obvious. All performers want attention. What person gets on a stage and makes a bunch of noise in hopes that nobody will pay attention to them? Are you guys telling me that all the bands you like would rather be completely anonymous? That they brand themselves with catchy names, spend years rehearsing and developing music, release albums, do concert tours and all this is in hope that it will discreetly vanish into a black hole?

No, no, no, no. You're missing the point. Of course, all performers want attention. It's the very nature, the very blood of showbiz itself. After all, there's no business like Show Business! Right?. The criticism of Gag-Gag is that (1) She/her ridiculous followers/uniformed critcs are usually trying to pass her off as someone with great originality, someone full of cutting edge and daring do. She is no such thing. (2) The songs themselves do not live up to the hype. They are, at best, passable pop tunes, with a shelf life of used tissue. (3) I repeat, anyone who constantly tries too hard to bring attention to themselves is invariably lacking something, something truly creative. They just do not have the underlying talent. And they know it. Hence the "please notice me! Look how outrageous I'm being today folks!"
Yawn. Give it a rest, love.

She is the Paris Hilton of female pop. As revelant as that.
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Accusing a performer of being an attentionwhore is probably one of the most absurdly stupid levels of stating-the-obvious. All performers want attention. What person gets on a stage and makes a bunch of noise in hopes that nobody will pay attention to them? Are you guys telling me that all the bands you like would rather be completely anonymous? That they brand themselves with catchy names, spend years rehearsing and developing music, release albums, do concert tours and all this is in hope that it will discreetly vanish into a black hole?

thom yorke does. or at least, he pretends to.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Well, I guess I am one of her ridiculous followers, and I think she does do fabulous pop music. And I disagree about her antics and spectacle being a compensation for talent. To me, her antics are part of the entertainment and I'll take trying too hard over not trying any day of the week. I guess what it comes down to is if you don't like the music, the more fanfare you put around it, the worse the music sounds. More smoke just makes the fire look smaller.

I mean, I saw Pink Floyd/Roger Waters perform The Wall and he had more props and stage cheese than any pop spectacle I've ever seen, so I guess somebody who doesn't like Pink Floyd could say they need puppets and lights and props to compensate for having lousy music. To me, it was a reason to go see the show instead of just playing the album at home.

As for what's original and what's cutting edge, those are probably terms I tend to avoid using for anything. I find you can take almost anything and break it down into familiar elements to discredit it.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby SilentScream on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:
As for what's original and what's cutting edge, those are probably terms I tend to avoid using for anything. I find you can take almost anything and break it down into familiar elements to discredit it.

Old baldie boffin head himself Brian Eno once said that pop music is not a folk art - nothing in it is wholly original and everyone in it steals or is influenced by someone who has gone before. That doesn't stop them from being uniquely talented or creative themselves though. Just that they've absorbed those influences and have made their sound and vision become their own. The great ones can do that but the pretenders are soon caught out. But like you say, that's a subjective call.
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:32 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Sarah Silverman has man-parts!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:25 am

Why Is Sarah Silverman Giving Up Her Lady Parts And Becoming A Dude?
To close the wage gap between men and women, duh!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Music