Help needed: identify where this is from...

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Help needed: identify where this is from...

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Right, i've had this music stuck in my head all day. I'm pretty sure it's Wu-Tang Clan related, but it's not on
36 Chambers
Iron Flag
8 Diagrams
Wu-Tang Forever
any of the Bobby Digital albums
ODB's two albums
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Tical
Liquid Swords
Ironman

All i remember is that it has horn hits (could be a trumpet, but we're not talking Art Of Noise type orchestral hits here, it's almost a fanfare, which is why i'm thinking horn/trumpet section) and an an electric piano. It sounds like something from a Shaw Bros. film, so i'm guessing that's where they took the loop of the brass from.

I tried to re-create the beat, obviously the instruments aren't the same, but the rhythm & melody are pretty much exactly how i remember it, so if you know what it is, please put me out of my misery. http://www.mediafire.com/file/hgdtdj5verh/something%20wu%202.mp3
Last edited by King Of Nowhere on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Re: Help needed: identify where this if from...

Postby Seppuku on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 pm

I went through a few of my RZA-related CDs and didn't come up with much (it sounded a little like a track from Tical, but it wasn't an exact match). What about the Ghost Dog theme? Sounds kinda similar...ish. OK, not really.

I'll let you know what my beatmaker buddy says now you sent me that sample. That was really cute emulating it on your keyboard, by the way (and well done). It's definitely got a RZA vibe to me. What about: Sunshower instrumental (though the original was originally on Wu Tang clan Forever). It's got a similar melody, too. I guess RZA loved those one-finger keyboard riffs. I'd say your best bet is to just scroll through a bunch of his tracks on youtube or something.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Return to Music