What Are You Playing Now?

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: What Are You Playing Now?

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:21 pm

The Last of Us. I got a PS3 for Christmas along with a handful of the best PS3 exclusives (Ni no Kuni, Uncharted trilogy etc.).

I approve of this game.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Maui on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Batman Arkham Knight on PS4.

This is the last game in Rocksteady's Arkham series and it's the first game you can drive the batmobile. I was jazzed about this at first, now it's just pissing me off. The batmobile has taken over the game.

:roll:

I am also playing Alien Isolation on Xbox One.
Maui
WoWie

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Maui wrote:Batman Arkham Knight on PS4.

This is the last game in Rocksteady's Arkham series and it's the first game you can drive the batmobile. I was jazzed about this at first, now it's just pissing me off. The batmobile has taken over the game.

:roll:

I am also playing Alien Isolation on Xbox One.

I'm playing CoD III now. Its all right...not great, not bad. Worth 30-40 minutes of my time a few nights a week.

How's the PS4? My PS3 is 4 years old and going strong...but man I'd love to upgrade.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Maui on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:25 pm

so sorry wrote:
How's the PS4? My PS3 is 4 years old and going strong...but man I'd love to upgrade.

It's pretty slick. Like you, I had a PS3 for a while and Infamous Second Son was my incentive to upgrade as it's only available on PS4.

The graphics are superior, it's quieter than the PS3 and the controllers (with touch pad) are sooo much better.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:31 pm

I bought a PS4 with Battlefront a couple weeks ago. My controller died last night - not from overuse or anything, I think it's just bad out of the box (won't charge anymore and I've tried every trick that Google provided).
I'm horrible at First-person shooters, but I still have fun playing them. That said, I've enjoyed the crap out of Battlefront so far. I love the X and A-Wing -vs- Tie Fighter battles. Also was playing a lot of Madden 16. I haven't played a new Madden game in a few years and there's a lot of new little details in this one - so far, so good. And the graphics are ridiculous.

I got my kids Disney Infinity 3.0 (Star Wars) for Christmas and am eager to see what that's all about.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Maui wrote:
so sorry wrote:

It's pretty slick. Like you, I had a PS3 for a while and Infamous Second Son was my incentive to upgrade as it's only available on PS4.

The graphics are superior, it's quieter than the PS3 and the controllers (with touch pad) are sooo much better.

I wish I could justify the upgrade price. I only play one game, pretty much year round until the next version comes out (Call of Duty series). I guess if/when they decide to do only PS4 versions I'll make the switch.
Of course, if my PS3 were to meet an untimely death by an unfortunate accident or natural causes...well...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:56 pm

There is that sweet 1tb COD bundle....
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:45 am

Fievel wrote:I've enjoyed the crap out of Battlefront so far. I love the X and A-Wing -vs- Tie Fighter battles.

I was watching some game footage of this last night. Woohoo...Friday night. Anyhoo......WoW! Reviews are pretty solid on IGN.

How's the pod racing DLC?
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:09 pm

100+ hours into Fallout 4.

It's still absolutely incredible. I love just wandering the wasteland, it's so beautiful.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:55 pm

DAIKATANA

:|
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Fievel on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:11 pm

KON!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby SilentBobX on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Managed to get Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain for $20 on Black Friday and liking it a LOT. First Metal Gear game I've gotten since the very first one on the NES.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:08 am

MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf. I'm in an original Xbox mood.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:40 am

the question should be what am i not playing!

For focus sake tho. The Stanley Parable has just got a ressurgence thanks to my daughter wanting to play Stan Lee as she calls it. Its a marvellous head fuck in all the right ways. Read in a very douglas adams bbc tv series version way. Hillarious.

GtaV - again. Hilarious. I remember journalists whining about the torture scene. Wtf. Its hilarious satire. Dark humour granted. Trevor really brings about great narrative opportunities. The Lester guy constantly manipulating and profitting off the stock markets under the veneer of social justice is pure gold as he encapsulates the pure cynicism of the american dream.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:42 am

Fable III.

That's actually all I have to say. Just Fable III.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Maui on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:55 pm

magicmonkey wrote:
GtaV - again. Hilarious. I remember journalists whining about the torture scene. Wtf. Its hilarious satire. Dark humour granted. Trevor really brings about great narrative opportunities. The Lester guy constantly manipulating and profitting off the stock markets under the veneer of social justice is pure gold as he encapsulates the pure cynicism of the american dream.

Trevor definitely brings forth the most funny in the game.

Try swimming in the ocean, way way out. Fun surprise. :twisted: I chose Michael for this.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:07 am

Fallout 4 when I have time for a long gaming session. Battlefront when I have 15 minutes to play something. Clash of Clans when i have 5 minutes to play something.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:55 pm

Maui wrote:
magicmonkey wrote:

Trevor definitely brings forth the most funny in the game.

Try swimming in the ocean, way way out. Fun surprise. :twisted: I chose Michael for this.

WIll endeavor to get this done! I was really, truly shocked when Trevor kiilled Johnny from GTA IV: Lost and the Damned!
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Maui on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:59 pm

magicmonkey wrote:
Maui wrote:
magicmonkey wrote:
I was really, truly shocked when Trevor kiilled Johnny from GTA IV: Lost and the Damned!

Oh Trevor....with his alpha male traits and psychopathic tendencies.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:06 pm

I'm still playing Arkham Knight. 75% done. I don't mind the batmobile now that I've figured out all the weaponry and modes. I will say that the game is very batmobile centric though. I've played all the Arkham games and of the series, the best ones are Asylum and City.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Dead Island. It's like Skyrim...with zombies. The possibility of zombies being just around the corner all the time limits the free exploration of the open world quite a bit. Plus getting bitch-slapped by zombies really takes a lot out of the health bar.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:37 pm

I love zombies and thought about getting that for ps4, but just could never pull the trigger on it.

I'm in the middle of Last of Us remastered for PS4. I loved it the first time on the PS3 and am enjoying moving through it at a MUCH quicker pace the second time around.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:54 pm

LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens on PS4. Worth playing for the cut scenes. :D
Maui
WoWie

Postby Al Shut on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am

Got me a couple of games that were supposed to be pretty good a few years ago. Although I don't know if it's a good idea to try to play through Fallout3, Skyrim, South Park and X-Com simultaneously.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby UtterTivotion on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:28 am

I've been playing a friends web game https://thenotquiz.com/oscar/

Guess whether it won the oscar shown, and if so what year...

It was a CV builder, so non monetized, no adverts, no purchase, just Q+A!

Feel free to have a play, he'll thank you. :)
UtterTivotion
GLIB

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:55 am

Good quiz, although infuriating at times. I struggled with a few of the years, confusing the release year and the Oscar year.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby UtterTivotion on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:59 am

Fievel wrote:Good quiz, although infuriating at times. I struggled with a few of the years, confusing the release year and the Oscar year.

There were many conversations about the years...

Films come out in different years in different countries.
The Oscars awarded last month are the 2016 Oscars awarded in 2017.

We never actually received consensus during 'user research'! :)

edit: But thanks for playing, and the feedback. I'll pass it on
UtterTivotion
GLIB

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 am

UtterTivotion wrote:
Fievel wrote:Good quiz, although infuriating at times. I struggled with a few of the years, confusing the release year and the Oscar year.

There were many conversations about the years...

Films come out in different years in different countries.
The Oscars awarded last month are the 2016 Oscars awarded in 2017.

We never actually received consensus during 'user research'! :)

edit: But thanks for playing, and the feedback. I'll pass it on

Oh, all frustration is all my fault. I liked getting caught up between release year and awards year. It's a good twist and something that requires an extra moment of thought.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Previous

Return to Games