Knights of the Old Republic III?

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Knights of the Old Republic III?

Postby Eric G on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:25 pm

A statement has come out, despite rumors that it would not happen, suggesting that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III may already be in development. For further details follow the link.....

http://www.fi-sci.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=318&Itemid=44

KOTR II I think was a suprising under achiever seeing that the first was such a success. The problem may have been that LucasArts switched the release-dates of Republic Commando and KotOR II around. But who knows....I would definatly like to see a third. But maybe they should wait for the new XBOX release.....?
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:28 pm

I would like to see a third too. I didn't get a chance to play the sequel, but the first one kicked so much ass. I loved it.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:29 pm

KOTOR II seemed much less satisfying to me than the first one. 1 had a better story and better villains/characters. Still I liked the second one but they need to have a good long think about this next one.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Re: Knights of the Old Republic III?

Postby Brocktune on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:30 pm

Eric G wrote:KOTR II I think was a suprising under achiever seeing that the first was such a success. The problem may have been that LucasArts switched the release-dates of Republic Commando and KotOR II around. But who knows....I would definatly like to see a third. But maybe they should wait for the new XBOX release.....?

dude, i totally agree. i was so stoked on playing knights 2 because i loved part 1 so much. then what i get is a choppy glitchy rehash of the first one. i mean slow down? ill just go back and play my NES. and there is even slow down in the demo screens when you turn it on. if they are going to do 3, i hope they get some new writers, and a software developer that knows how games are supposed to be programmed in 2005, not 1985.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:31 pm

The second one was crap, made by different people I think.

The first one ruled, I was so dark I completed it in 2 weeks, I killed everyone, EVERYONE including the Sith bird , I was asking my friend when will I finally get my last team member & he was like "Dude, you must have killed her or something", I was near the end of the game already so I thought Fuck It, I got the better ending anyway.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby wonkabar on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:35 pm

John-Locke wrote:The second one was crap, made by different people I think.

The first one ruled, I was so dark I completed it in 2 weeks, I killed everyone, EVERYONE including the Sith bird , I was asking my friend when will I finally get my last team member & he was like "Dude, you must have killed her or something", I was near the end of the game already so I thought Fuck It, I got the better ending anyway.

I love going evil in video games. I killed everybody in FABLE. Everybody on ULTIMA-ONLINE. I couldn't even resist slaughtering all of Mos-Espa in the TPM game for Playstation.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Brocktune on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:40 pm

why play if you arent going to go evil?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:41 pm

It's weird, I always find being good much more challenging, so it makes the game more interesting to me.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Brocktune on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:48 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:It's weird, I always find being good much more challenging, so it makes the game more interesting to me.

thats how i feel about real life.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:49 pm

I don't know, that TPM-game was pretty challenging. Like as soon as you killed someone, word would spread super-quick. You'd be hell-and-gone from the site of the murder, and everybody around you is like "it's the KILLER!" Everybody starts comming after you. And the Gungans...fuck. Qui-Gon tells you at the beginning to be nice...so of course I start off-ing them right away, but let me tell you, the dudes didn't sit quietly and just watch me go on a rampage. They didn't fuck around man. I think I had to put in some kind of"full-health/immortality" cheat-code just finish them all off...it was THAT TOUGH!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Eric G on Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:05 pm

I'm always tempted to go evil in these games....and at times the better part of me slips up and I find myself hacking at innocent people - but I regret it a little later.... not much....but still, regret none the less. Once I've clocked the game on the side of good, I go back and take no prisoners.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby dimnix on Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:17 pm

the first KOTOR was incredible. I've never been all that into RPGs, but I couldnt stop playing KOTOR. I played through twice...once as a light side male, and once as a dark side female. Great game.

And then KOTOR 2 came out, so I bought it and started playing, only to find it was the exact same game (same graphics, same models, similar environments), just with a new and half-assed story, and I found it incredibly boring. So boring, infact, that I took it back to the store and got a refund.
dimnix
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Coldfire24 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:53 am

So would someone care to explain what the fuck happened at the end of KOTOR 2. I was finished it has light side and I was just like wtf.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:25 am

I have NO clue what happened at the end of II, er a plaent blew up and we killed a sith witch, that's it. VERY disappointing. I played the first one round a mates house it took me 3 days and I played dark after he'd played light. The ending was fucking kickass!!!.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Agent Alonzo on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:34 am

wonkabar wrote:
John-Locke wrote:The second one was crap, made by different people I think.

I love going evil in video games. I killed everybody in FABLE. Everybody on ULTIMA-ONLINE. I couldn't even resist slaughtering all of Mos-Espa in the TPM game for Playstation.

You should have seen the carnage I created in Pac-Man...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:48 am

As much as I would love to see a new KOTOR sequel from Bioware, it's never gonna happen. Bioware HATES doing sequels, one of the main reasons Oblivion did KOTOR 2. So if we ever do get #3, it still won't have that original magic Bioware infused it with. Sigh.....
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:42 pm

I had TPM on my PC, and I got so annoyed and bored, not to mention lonely walking about dark corridors all by yourself to find someone to fucking fight, that I just lost it, and ended up killing anyone that I could find, including the slaughter of the innocents.

That's the only fun I got from it. The game is so boooooorrriiiiiiing.

I also got really fucked off with Qui Goi Jinn on Tatooine, just after the pod race, where just as you're about ot get going on ot the next level, some lizard came along and knicked one of the engine parts. Whenever I followed the online hlep instructions to get the annoying thing back, it never worked. Some kind of fucking bug in the system.

Piece of shit. Anyone else have this problem? Not like I'm gonna play that Godforsaken game again.

Also, who's up for a KOTOR feature film, depicitng the early days of the Discovery of the Force, and the Jedi/Sith wars?

We should petition and get Lucas to do this.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby The Garbage Man on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:46 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:As much as I would love to see a new KOTOR sequel from Bioware, it's never gonna happen. Bioware HATES doing sequels, one of the main reasons Oblivion did KOTOR 2. So if we ever do get #3, it still won't have that original magic Bioware infused it with. Sigh.....

They're doing a sequel to Jade Empire, though.

I liked KOTOR 1, but I hate turn-based games in general and I really hated not being able to control my jedi. I was really hoping Bioware would come back and do KOTOR 3, and bring with them the Jade Empire combat system. How badass would that be?

The correct answer is: pretty badass.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby darthevilbob on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:48 pm

I actually had an email off Bioware's webmaster (about the fi-sci article), and he basically told me that they are not going to be doing KOTOR 3 in the foreseable future, if at all!
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:21 pm

darthevilbob wrote:I actually had an email off Bioware's webmaster (about the fi-sci article), and he basically told me that they are not going to be doing KOTOR 3 in the foreseable future, if at all!

WHAT, WHAT, WHAT??!!!

Well, Bioware may not do it, but someone will, too much money to be made there. Probaby Obsidian.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:28 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:They're doing a sequel to Jade Empire, though.

Actually, the Jade Empire sequel is still unofficial. I wouldn't be surprised if it fell by the wayside for a newer project. Not that I wouldn't welcome it or KOTOR 3 (with the Jade Empire fighting system, of course). I just don't think it's going to happen, though I'd be happy for Bioware to prove me wrong.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:42 am

Listen I don't care if Obsidian does it or not. I don't care if they have the jade empire system or not. I would buy a $50 game that would explain WTF happened in KOTOR 2
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:40 pm

In an interview with Newsarama.com John Jackson Miller said that there would be another KOTR game.

"there’s going to be another Knights of the Old Republic video game for sure"

John Jackson Miller on Knights of the Old Republic
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Brocktune on Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:25 pm

boo
hiss
motherfuckers better get it right this time.
video game sequels are supposed to be the opposite of movie sequels. they arent supposed to get worse.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby darthevilbob on Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:11 pm

Brocktune wrote:boo
hiss
motherfuckers better get it right this time.
video game sequels are supposed to be the opposite of movie sequels. they arent supposed to get worse.

Have you played doom 3 ? no really.. or Soldier of Fortune 2 or Strider 2 or Call of Duty 2 or
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Brocktune on Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:29 pm

no, im not too big into fps's. i pretty much suck at all of them. but kotor 2 was such a letdown. ive heard that doom 3 is ok, but a litle underwhelming, and i dont know about the rest. im more of a gta san andreas or a wall street kid kind of guy. do all those games suck or what?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby darthevilbob on Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:34 pm

Yes, KOTOR 2 was umm uninspiring.

Did you have Deja Vu all the time you were playing it, like myself?
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Brocktune on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:19 pm

completely
thats why i just stopped playing it.
i was livid. quality star wars items are a rare find these days.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:22 pm

Totally had deja vu. The storyline which was one of the strengths of KOTOR was completely unintelligible in KOTOR 2. Still, any game in which I can design my own lightsaber is ok in my book. I was disappointed, by I'll buy KOTOR 3 the day it comes out.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Larbouk on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:37 am

Have to agree with everyone on KOTOR II. What angered me was the kiss-ass Xbox magazine I bought with previews / reviews of the game basically lied through their fucking teeth, saying the graphics were better and the plot "twice as good".

Twice as good? Half as good would have been nice. All that "breach in the Force" shit got really old really fast. I found Darth Nihilus to be a pretty interesting character and was geared up for the boss fight and it was over in thirty seconds. At first I was stoked to have such a powerful Jedi but it just made the game monotonous - roomful of bad guys, kick their asses, another roomful of bad guys....zzzz. As for ending, I echo the "wtf????" sentiments.

Lucasfilm need to tempt Bioware back to the licence with a ludicruous amount of money, as clearly they have the expertise required to recapture the magic of the original. I first realised I was playing a great game when I discovered by pressing the "Y" button your Jedi twirled his lightsabres. It served no useful function whatsoever, but it looked cool. That's the difference.

Here's hoping the Star Wars TV show leads to an adaptation of the original KOTOR storyline...
Larbouk
GLIB

Postby FarSide0013 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:50 pm

Larbouk wrote:Here's hoping the Star Wars TV show leads to an adaptation of the original KOTOR storyline...

That will never ever happen, so don't bother hoping for it.

KOTOR II had its faults, and it was buggy as hell (still have yet to get the PC version to work on my comp) but there are a lot of good things that were in the game that I would love to see in the third game. The lightsaber creation, a fixed version of influence, the expanded powers, even the story wasn't nearly as bad as everyone seems to think, though it would be nice if you didn't have to sit and think about it forever after getting done with it to figure it out.

I think Obsidian could pull off a good game if they were allowed to take their time with it and not be forced to cut half finished plot lines because they need to release before Christmas.
FarSide0013
GLIB

Postby Cult Status on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:18 pm

I liked the robes you could wear in KOTOR 2. If they make a 3rd, you should be allowed to put your hood up and be all badass.
Cult Status
GLIB

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:21 am

I like the hood idea. Why be a SITH if you can't dress like one?
Dark Horse Comics has a 4 page preview of the new KOTR comic:
KOTR #1

Jedi Purge 1 shot

Off Topic

FarSide0013 did you ever own a Power Glove?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Brocktune on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:41 pm

Larbouk wrote:Have to agree with everyone on KOTOR II. What angered me was the kiss-ass Xbox magazine I bought with previews / reviews of the game basically lied through their fucking teeth, saying the graphics were better and the plot "twice as good".

thats why i wont even wipe my ass with the official xbox magazine anymore. those stupid fuckers. like all of the articles in the beginning of the mag by the staff just slam ps2. its like, oh, you guys cant make an article promoting your own stuff based on its own merits? you have to just slam sony? fuck you. and then all of their game reviews are like between 8 out of 10 and 10 out of 10. they never give anything a bad review. they will say shit like: if there are any drawbacks to this game, its that it could be too awesome. fuck you fuck microsoft and fuck xbox. (even though i own one). how about a little impartiality? jesus.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Knights of the Old Republic III?

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Games