What Are You Playing Now?

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: What Are You Playing Now?

Postby papalazeru on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 am

Fievel wrote:
Hermanator X wrote: I wonder if I can hold out long enough when Vegas comes out?

I can't. I pre-Ordered New Vegas.
Although I miss running around in the world of Fallout 3 and miss the music, I have no desire to step into that world again. I've been everywhere, did every mission, and started a new game long enough to nuke Megaton, but had no motivation to play anymore.

But a new world completely intrigues me.
I hope they are able to keep doing similar sequels. I'd love to see a Fallout NYC, LA, or hell... even Fallout London, Rome, Tokyo (too soon?), etc.

My one problem with all the Bethesda games is that when you reach the edge of the play area, that's it...the expansions can even expand past that section, you have to go down a tunnel or soemthing like that.

It's the same in every single Bethesda FPS adventure game. It's a bit tacky and I hope they've changed the code so the DLC can modify the edge of the play area
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:25 pm

papalazeru wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:No need to go to the apple store, just install STEAM & buy it from there (you'll need steam to play the game anyway).

You sir are amazing. Thanks.

However, I wandered into Gamestop today and saw the GOTY edition of Fallout 3. Never bought the game before, but seeing all the content in one place was just too much to resist.

We've all succumbed to the temptations of Fallout 3, and what a wonderful temptation it is.

Still, install steam anyway because they have some amazing deals on games, plus once you've paid for the game, if you go anywhere in the world and download and sign into steam you can download all your games and play them there. It's brilliant.

Will do on the Steam front. So far, I think I made a couple of mistakes in my Warhawk-haired character. But, someone gave me good advice in making a special game save for just before you exit Vault 101. So no matter what, I have a good clean starting point without having to go through all that training stuff again.

Best advice ever.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:28 pm

papalazeru wrote:My one problem with all the Bethesda games is that when you reach the edge of the play area, that's it...the expansions can even expand past that section, you have to go down a tunnel or soemthing like that.

It's the same in every single Bethesda FPS adventure game. It's a bit tacky and I hope they've changed the code so the DLC can modify the edge of the play area

Im guessing that if they did expand the play area, the first thing you would do is walk as far as could, hit the new barrier, and grumble "is that it?" and I dont think you would ever really be happy. :lol:

Rather than wandering around the edges of terrain, complaining that you cant go over there, just get stuck in and enjoy the bits you can access! A randomly generated endless worldscape wouldnt have the charm and care put into it of something designed imho. Its not like the area you can go walkies in is small by any stretch of the imagination.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Hermanator X wrote: A randomly generated endless worldscape wouldnt have the charm and care put into it of something designed imho. Its not like the area you can go walkies in is small by any stretch of the imagination.

Take it from someone just starting out in the game: I agree with this wholeheartedly. There's so much to explore already. Hell it took me a good 15 to 20 minutes just to savor the coolness of sneaking around the elementary school right after you leave Vault 101, avoiding the raiders and such.

So awesome.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:39 am

Kind of wish there was a car in Fallout 3, a la Mad Max. The walking can get tiresome quickly.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby papalazeru on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:12 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Kind of wish there was a car in Fallout 3, a la Mad Max. The walking can get tiresome quickly.

;)

Seriously, that's one of the best experiences, walking round a desolate land with nothing but yourself to keep you company. Watching the sun come up while standing on a mountain peak is fantastic.

The worst thing about the game is your character's animation. That's some of the worst animation I've seen of recent years, and what I mean is, when eveyrthing else looks so beautifully realised, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

But, walking round, I could do that for hours in Fallout.

papalazeru

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 am

papalazeru wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:Kind of wish there was a car in Fallout 3, a la Mad Max. The walking can get tiresome quickly.

;)

Seriously, that's one of the best experiences, walking round a desolate land with nothing but yourself to keep you company. Watching the sun come up while standing on a mountain peak is fantastic.

The worst thing about the game is your character's animation. That's some of the worst animation I've seen of recent years, and what I mean is, when eveyrthing else looks so beautifully realised, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

But, walking round, I could do that for hours in Fallout.

I get the appeal of walking around. But, being a lazy jamoke in real life makes me wish for a car in this digital world. Just saying.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 am

Alongside the mad max movies, they are s'posedly developing a kick ass game, so maybe your dream will come true!
I mean, its a movie tie in, it has to be good right? :wink: In all fairness the potential is certainly there...
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:03 am

Hermanator X wrote:Alongside the mad max movies, they are s'posedly developing a kick ass game, so maybe your dream will come true!
I mean, its a movie tie in, it has to be good right? :wink: In all fairness the potential is certainly there...

Could be. I would want a Kick-Ass game to be like DCUO where you can create your own superhero and fight along side Kick-Ass and Hit Girl.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:12 am

Hermanator X wrote:Alongside the mad max movies, they are s'posedly developing a kick ass game, so maybe your dream will come true!

EDIT: also
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 am

I have fallen in love with Fallout 3. Chinese Stealth Armor + Shady Hat + Gauss Rifle/Harkness' Plasma Rifle/Sniper Rifle = EPIC. Just finished Waters of Life and I'm currently handling a residence dispute at this snooty place called Tenpenny Tower.

What a bunch of snobs in that place.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Indy Jones on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:26 am

Decided to pick up Left 4 Dead 2 today, I already love it. I like the original characters from the first game better though...
Indy Jones
GLIB

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:02 am

Indy Jones wrote:Decided to pick up Left 4 Dead 2 today, I already love it. I like the original characters from the first game better though...

I think everyone's agreed on that. Damn, I miss Zoey, Louise, Francis and Bill.

papalazeru

Postby Indy Jones on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:17 am

papalazeru wrote:
Indy Jones wrote:Decided to pick up Left 4 Dead 2 today, I already love it. I like the original characters from the first game better though...

I really missed the unintentionally hilarious "PEELZ HERE" line from Louis.
Indy Jones
GLIB

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:31 am

Indy Jones wrote:
papalazeru wrote:

I really missed the unintentionally hilarious "PEELZ HERE" line from Louis.

I liked Louis's surprised comments when you looked at everyone, especially when he looks at Bill.

"Bill!", "Zoey!", "Francis!"

papalazeru

Postby Jazzmaverickjim on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:14 pm

I Have Been Playing Dragonage:origins. I picked it up for £5 off ebay, an absolute bargain. I love it. LOVE IT. I'm definately gonna dream sexytime that chick in it aswell. :D
Jazzmaverickjim
GLIB

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:46 am

Remember Reach.

Because I sure have. :O)
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Fievel on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:08 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Remember Reacharound.

Because I sure have. :O)

:shock:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:36 pm

You dirty-minded mouse. Only you would sully the awesomeness that is Halo.

For SHAME!!!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Fievel on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:42 pm

+2 for the use of an Angry Nun!!
I had been sitting on that joke for a while waiting to use it somewhere.

I read an article a few days ago that I meant to post a link to, but now I can't remember where I read it. Basically, the article said that there could be a serious negative effect from Reach in that new games with online components (e.g. the new Medal of Honor, CoD, and Tron games) may suffer dearly because the normal target consumer will be playing Reach. It was an interesting read, for sure, but I couldn't help but realize that the article never took into account PS3 owners. With that said, I wonder if there won't be an aggressive marketing campaign towards PS3 owners for these new games.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Fievel wrote:+2 for the use of an Angry Nun!!
I had been sitting on that joke for a while waiting to use it somewhere.

I read an article a few days ago that I meant to post a link to, but now I can't remember where I read it. Basically, the article said that there could be a serious negative effect from Reach in that new games with online components (e.g. the new Medal of Honor, CoD, and Tron games) may suffer dearly because the normal target consumer will be playing Reach. It was an interesting read, for sure, but I couldn't help but realize that the article never took into account PS3 owners. With that said, I wonder if there won't be an aggressive marketing campaign towards PS3 owners for these new games.

Good point. Reach's exclusivity should force other multi-platform developers to push PS3/Wii sales through console specific marketing strategies.

But they won't because marketers are really really dumb and trite.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Dead Space. It's like Resident Evil....in space!
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby SilentBobX on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Smackdown vs Raw 2010.

I created a bunch of CAW Divas to replace and beat upon the skanks in this game, including a Daria clone(yeah I'm a lunatic). Great combination of wrestling and RPG elements. Love it.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Finished with Dead Space, now working on Halo 3. Yes, I'm just getting around to playing it now.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:07 am

Playing Resident Evil 5. Damn, I fucking hate Sheva. Outta my way, bitch.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby King Psyz on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:13 am

been pretty much exclusively playing the LBP2 beta... getting to play a game 3 months before retail is pretty damn cool.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 pm

I hooked up the dusty GameCube a few days ago and have been playing Simpson's Hit and Run and Mario Kart Double Dash.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Finished Resident Evil 5, despite the "helpful" partner you get stuck with in this game. Sheva is the most annoying NPC EVAH!

Now, on to Condemned 2: Bloodshot.

Edit: Done with Condemned 2. Playing Red Steel. I don't like the motion controls of the Wii for this game, but it's still playable.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Indy Jones on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:18 am

Call of Duty: Black Ops for the 360. Campaign and the Zombie mode is terrific, but the multiplayer is way too hectic for me.
Indy Jones
GLIB

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:25 am

Finished "Red Steel" and "The Conduit." Now playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:38 am

Indy Jones wrote:Call of Duty: Black Ops for the 360. Campaign and the Zombie mode is terrific, but the multiplayer is way too hectic for me.

I just finished the Campaign mode last night (all told probably took about 4-5 hours over the course of the week). Didn't really like it. The story was boring to me and I was in "regular" mode and thought it was a bit too easy. The zombie bit at the end of the credits was cute, but I only played it for a few minutes...not what I'm looking for in a Call of Duty game.
Now multiplayer, that's where the fun is at! Yes its hectic, and can be down right frustrating, but once you get the hang of it I think it provides hours of entertainment.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:39 am

Wolfpack wrote:Finished "Red Steel" and "The Conduit." Now playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Someon's been at the pre-owned games :D

Nice choices too...except Red Steel. There were very contradictory reivews about it (apart from Nintendo's own magazine which gave it a gleeming review).

I'm currently on Goldeneye (very bad control system), Undead Red Dead Redemption Zonbie Edition ( or whatever), Dead Rising 2 and Super Meat Boy.

I must say, if you want an old skool game that needs perseverence, Super Meat Boy is the one for you.

papalazeru

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:Finished "Red Steel" and "The Conduit." Now playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Nice choices too...except Red Steel. There were very contradictory reivews about it (apart from Nintendo's own magazine which gave it a gleeming review).

I'm currently on Goldeneye (very bad control system), Undead Red Dead Redemption Zonbie Edition ( or whatever), Dead Rising 2 and Super Meat Boy.

I must say, if you want an old skool game that needs perseverence, Super Meat Boy is the one for you.

Ive been playing Meat Boy on 360. Goddamn is the game hard!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Peven on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm

so sorry wrote:
Indy Jones wrote:Call of Duty: Black Ops for the 360. Campaign and the Zombie mode is terrific, but the multiplayer is way too hectic for me.

I just finished the Campaign mode last night (all told probably took about 4-5 hours over the course of the week). Didn't really like it. The story was boring to me and I was in "regular" mode and thought it was a bit too easy. The zombie bit at the end of the credits was cute, but I only played it for a few minutes...not what I'm looking for in a Call of Duty game.
Now multiplayer, that's where the fun is at! Yes its hectic, and can be down right frustrating, but once you get the hang of it I think it provides hours of entertainment.

my feelings are mixed on the multiplayer. i love being able to play with other "real" people online with games, but the COD games especially seem to fucking rampantly cheated that it sucks the enjoyment out of it after a while. it is why i had stopped playing Halo 3 at all a few years back, little glitching fucking shitwads. it also makes me think that games like COD are now making their games knowing they will be cheated and purposely leaving the gaps there for it, with a little nod and wink to those who do it. have been considering selling my copy of COD:BO and using the $ to buy Red Dead Redemption, only fuck giving all that profit to the trolls at Gamestop, who will give me like $20 for COD then turn around and sell it for $50 while then charging me $40 for a used game that has been out a year. there has got to be some sort of barter/trade site on the web that is legit...i need to track it down....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:57 pm

papalazeru wrote:

Just Metroid Prime 3 was a used game. And the one thing I have to say about Red Steel is god damn, I hate those swordplay mechanics. I'm glad no little children were around to hear the venomous vitriol that spewed from my piehole as I played that game. Metroid Prime 3, on the other hand, is a triumph of awesomeness.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Indy Jones on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:39 am

so sorry wrote:The zombie bit at the end of the credits was cute, but I only played it for a few minutes...

Play that mode with a couple of friends, and it'll turn out to be incredibly fun.
Indy Jones
GLIB

Postby Peven on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:07 pm

"Borderlands"....very fun, engaging game that is a time vacuum and a nice change from dealing with weasely shit-eating cheaters and lame internet service when playing Black-Ops.....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Right now I am playing the waiting game until my copy of Little Big Planet 2 shows up... then that will be pretty much it... forever.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Psyz on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:12 pm

OMG IT'S LIKE SOMEONE WASHED MY BRAIN IN CUPCAKES AND RAINBOWS

I LOVE LBP2 SO MUCH

Honestly, if you can't have fun playing this game, regardless of your feelings on the first, you have no joy.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Peven wrote:"Borderlands"....very fun, engaging game that is a time vacuum and a nice change from dealing with weasely shit-eating cheaters and lame internet service when playing Black-Ops.....

joystiq wrote:icrosoft sneaked a super secret feature into its recent, Boot-to-Disc-restoring mandatory Xbox 360 firmware update: the ability to stop Call of Duty: Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 pirates and hackers dead in their tracks. Posters on the Xbox-Scene forums are claiming that consoles with backed-up versions of the two games took an awfully long time to download the relatively small update -- and once it arrived, it stopped backup versions of the two games from working altogether.

Now stfu & get that chopper gunner.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Kate1986MA on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:03 pm

I only just now started to play FAR CRY 2 ONLINE

Does anyone have this game? Does anyone still play it online? I discovered there is a WATERWORLD custom map

It would be great to fight there, smokers V mariners!

KatharosArgead, add me on XBL if you want to search for dry land
If you're in a predicament, know that danger is imminent - Old Proverb
Made with flavor
Kate1986MA
GLIB

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Dead Space Extraction. According to the back of the box, La Terreur S'installe!
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Seppuku on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:41 am

http://timeforcute.com/cute/2010/08/tinypuppyrpg2.swf

Couldn't find an FAQ for this unfortunately... :wink:
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby papalazeru on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:18 am

Seppuku wrote:http://timeforcute.com/cute/2010/08/tinypuppyrpg2.swf

Couldn't find an FAQ for this unfortunately... :wink:

There really is a website for everything.

papalazeru

Postby Seppuku on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 am

I forgot to give the controls:

Arrow keys: Movement
Space: Talk
A, S, D: Attack. Mash them repeatedly.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Playing Grand Theft Auto IV. Just popped a cap in Vlad which some of his associates, they did not agree with, yes?
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:26 pm

DC Universe Online. Yes, it has its flaws (I got stuck inside the wall once) but it is really a great game that has the potential to become legendary.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:27 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:DC Universe Online. Yes, it has its flaws (I got stuck inside the wall once) but it is really a great game that has the potential to become legendary.

We need to join up! You on the PS3 version?!?!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 am

Just encountered a game breaking glitch in FABLE 3. So pissed right now. Same thing happened to me in Fable 2.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:36 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:DC Universe Online. Yes, it has its flaws (I got stuck inside the wall once) but it is really a great game that has the potential to become legendary.

We need to join up! You on the PS3 version?!?!

Yeah. What server?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

PreviousNext

Return to Games