What Are You Playing Now?

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Famous Objects From Classic Movies

Postby Seppuku on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm

I started this thread for a game- http://famousobjectsfromclassicmovies.com/play- but if you want to do the discussion thing, you are permitted.

EDIT: Actually, fuck it. I'll move it to the game forum. Discussion's for suckas!
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Re: Famous Objects From Classic Movies

Postby Ribbons on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Seppuku wrote:I started this thread for a game- http://famousobjectsfromclassicmovies.com/play- but if you want to do the discussion thing, you are permitted.

EDIT: Actually, fuck it. I'll move it to the game forum. Discussion's for suckas!

71-6! I got Battleship Potemkin, but missed Oldboy :(

That game was cool, it reminded me of those Ibrahim Youssef posters
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: What Are You Playing Now?

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Fun game. I'm 20-0 right now. A bit stumped at something that looks like a mini fridge. Gotta think for a while.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:34 pm

That game is very addictive!!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Re: Famous Objects From Classic Movies

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:00 am

Ribbons wrote:
Seppuku wrote:I started this thread for a game- http://famousobjectsfromclassicmovies.com/play- but if you want to do the discussion thing, you are permitted.

71-6! I got Battleship Potemkin, but missed Oldboy :(

That game was cool, it reminded me of those Ibrahim Youssef posters

That was my score as well. I missed the second film you did, but got the first.... because I read what you wrote and remembered that scene. :D
Very, very fun game!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:02 am

69 / 9 Hmmm....
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:48 pm

I was beginning to think Grand Theft Auto IV had no end.

Now I am playing Starfox Adventures on the Gamecube.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 pm

NARUTO: THE BROKEN BOND

This game is a sequel to NARUTO: RISE OF A NINJA, which I played an enjoyed very much. They are both based on a popular cartoon show that I have never seen. They both follow the events of the cartoon series and use the voice actors from the television show; so the plotting and characters are much better than most videogames.

The first game was a nice mashup of sandbox, platform and fighter games, the sequel throws a few more elements into the mix such as some puzzle solving and minigames. The sequel has all the same advantages as the first game, but its biggest selling point might also be its weakest point. This time you get to play for lots of the characters and I'm sure this is fun for fans of the show, but it results in feeling like the plot goes off course a bit in the middle of the game. The plot starts off strong with the Hokage sacrificing himself to protect the village and the quest of Naruto to go find this stern largebreasted woman to become the new Hokage, and it ends strong with the rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke coming to a head, it's just in the middle that a lot of the quests feel sidequesty like when one character gets involved in a potato crisp company's attempt at a monopoly. From what I understand, Ubisoft have lost the rights to the Naruto character, so they won't get to make a third game that will see through to the closing events of the series. Which is sad because I don't really feel like watching this whole cartoon but enjoy the story when it's presented in videogame form.

Anyway, this has been a fun little game and I liked it.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Al Shut on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 am

The show had a lot of filler episodes that had little to do with the overall story because it was produced faster than the still ongoing comic. But at least it sounds like it's been placed better, not after the Sasuke part.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby fetnu on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:29 am

So, has anyone tried the new SOCOM for PS3? I used to be a SOCOM junkie on PS2 but I hated it on PS3 and converted to Call of Duty. I might download it to try first, but just wondering what others are thinking.
fetnu
GLIB

Postby so sorry on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:49 pm

fetnu wrote:So, has anyone tried the new SOCOM for PS3? I used to be a SOCOM junkie on PS2 but I hated it on PS3 and converted to Call of Duty. I might download it to try first, but just wondering what others are thinking.

I'm hopelessly in love with the Call of Duty series... I think I had SOCOM in its earliest version on PS2. But I ain't changing back now!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby fetnu on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:41 pm

so sorry wrote:I'm hopelessly in love with the Call of Duty series... I think I had SOCOM in its earliest version on PS2. But I ain't changing back now!

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin... I was so hooked on SOCOM on PS2 and then I blew $60 on the PS3 version and played it twice. Now, I'm completely hooked on COD (since MW1) and I'm afraid to even try SOCOM again. I'm on COD pretty much every other night and lovin' it!
fetnu
GLIB

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Done with Starfox Adventures. A nice little Zelda clone. Too bad Slippy has to talk in this one as well.

Now on to Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader on the Gamecube.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat May 21, 2011 3:42 am

Anyone else playing L.A. Noire? Man, this is an amazing game. Voice acting/facial animation is by far the best of any game, ever. And I can't think of another game that has pegged the atmosphere so right on. Actually, Red Read Redemption was damn good too.

Good job, Rockstar.

Anyway, I'm about 30% through L.A. Noire, and I think I've figured out a bigger piece of the puzzle that the lead character, Cole Phelps, hasn't put together yet. I'll be honest, if this is later confirmed, I'll be a little disappointed in his detective work.

Great game. This will most likely be my GOTY. I picked RDR last year before it came out, and that was confirmed. I picked L.A. Noire, and it looks to be confirmed too. If anyone wants to talk about this, I'll be happy to.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Sat May 21, 2011 9:50 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:Anyone else playing L.A. Noire? Man, this is an amazing game. Voice acting/facial animation is by far the best of any game, ever. And I can't think of another game that has pegged the atmosphere so right on. Actually, Red Read Redemption was damn good too.

Good job, Rockstar.

Anyway, I'm about 30% through L.A. Noire, and I think I've figured out a bigger piece of the puzzle that the lead character, Cole Phelps, hasn't put together yet. I'll be honest, if this is later confirmed, I'll be a little disappointed in his detective work.

Great game. This will most likely be my GOTY. I picked RDR last year before it came out, and that was confirmed. I picked L.A. Noire, and it looks to be confirmed too. If anyone wants to talk about this, I'll be happy to.

I would love to but I'm hooked on Terraria
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re:

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat May 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Mimekiller wrote:KOTOR 2 ending felt like a kick to the sack. To have some old crone of a woman sit there and spin boring yarns about all the characters and places was as huge a let down as anything I have ever played. And what was up with the droid stand off at the end? Did that get resolved without me even knowing about it?

Wow, I forgot about that monstrosity. What a letdown of a game.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat May 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Anyone else playing L.A. Noire? Man, this is an amazing game. Voice acting/facial animation is by far the best of any game, ever. And I can't think of another game that has pegged the atmosphere so right on. Actually, Red Read Redemption was damn good too.

Good job, Rockstar.

Have you found that game causes your system to overheat?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun May 22, 2011 2:42 pm

I'm going to wait for the price to drop on LA NOIRE. I'm not convinced that I'll really like it all that much. It did interest me, and I know I'll give it a go eventually, but it's not high on my list. I definately don't need to pay full price for it.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Wolfpack on Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Just finished up Battalion Wars. Now I'm playing Geist, a little known FPS on the Gamecube.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon May 30, 2011 12:25 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:

Good job, Rockstar.

Have you found that game causes your system to overheat?

Not at all. I've played some 4-5 hour stretches on it too. No issues. But I'm rocking one of the new 250 gig 360s. I don't know how it plays on the older models.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby King Psyz on Mon May 30, 2011 6:01 pm

I started playing GTA IV again on my new 360. Found it new with the extra episodes for $40.

It's crazy for me, I am so used to the PS controls since GTA3 that I'm finding it much harder to play.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Done with Geist. I'm playing Star Wars Bounty Hunter on the Gamecube now.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby justcheckin on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Little Big Planet... yep, that is my speed.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Indy Jones on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:44 am

Plowing through another playthrough of Mass Effect 2. Forgot that I didn't do a pure Renegade Fem-Shep.
Indy Jones
GLIB

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:29 am

Indy Jones wrote:Plowing through another playthrough of Mass Effect 2. Forgot that I didn't do a pure Renegade Fem-Shep.

ME 1 was great, 2 was just more of the same, same pacing and just more boring. I thought the first game ended so well I didn't really want to see a sequel.

papalazeru

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:50 pm

BAYONETTA

I got a bargain bin copy of this game and have had a lot of fun playing it. It is in the genre we used to call "brawler" which is now called "hack 'n slash" although this particular game isn't very big on stabbing. The game mechanics are very good and the controls responsive. Like many modern brawlers, you have unlock combo attacks by collecting shit. However, this is one of the few ones where I actually learn the combos and use them strategically instead of just buttonmashing my way through it.

The game's look is very Soulcalibur. Everything is very shiny and clean with lots of bright natural light. The enemies can almost all be desbribed as:
1. a statue wearing armour
2. armour wearing a statue
3. a dragon

What will make or break the game for most people is the very Japanese humour that dominates the game's tone. It's full of random Japanese humourisms, kitschy sexual humour, overthetop violent humour, and a plot that just goes all over the fucking place. The heroine frequently loses her clothes and strikes sexy poses while goofy pop music plays and her hair turns into a Godzilla crow and violently rips apart a bad guy. There's also a lot of swearing for no real reason, most of the time it doesn't even fit in the sentence, they really worked hard to fit extra fucks and shits into every sentence.

The score can be a bit repetative. They frequently use a J-pop cover of Frank Sinatra as the heroine's powertheme during fighting parts. They used some Laroux songs in the game's promo material and I think it would've been nice to intigrate those songs into the game too for more variety in the soundtrack.

I am almost done this game and have really enjoyed it. I will gladly play a sequel.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Al Shut on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:29 am

I noticed some douche, presumably me, erased my Puzzle Quest savegame. Doing it all over again, damn trolls drive me nuts.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby King Psyz on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:55 pm

justcheckin wrote:Little Big Planet... yep, that is my speed.

nothing wrong with that, my only problem is that the new tools are almost too deep and after the great PSN outage of '11 I have not been able to get back into it.

also, for creators like myself, a few months away can be devastating as the rest have already evolved tenfold past where you left off at making everything you create seem lamesauce.

if you're playing 2, check out my lightcycle demo, I might actually finish a race course someday.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Ghost Recon 2 on the Gamecube. A futuristic fight against North Korea set in 2007. In the future.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby SilentBobX on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Recently got a copy of Two Worlds 2 as a stopover before Skyrim appears in November(hoping it'll be a Xmas gift). Got it for $10 in the bargain bin of wal-fart and I have to say it's definitely worth $10. The main character moves too fast, the controls are clunky, and instead of fighting dragons and goblins I'm fighting...........Rhinos, warthogs, ostriches, and cheetahs? On an African plain no less? WTF??

I'll give it some more play before considering trading it in.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:36 am

Just finshed Star Fox Assault on the Gamecube, now moving on to Roadkill on the Gamecube. It's a lot like Grand Theft Auto, except that it's more post-apocalyptic-y.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:32 am

Currently working through my first play through of Deus Ex 3.

It's a highly enjoyable experience. I'm being nice on my first play through and I haven't killed a single soul, hiding in the shadows and generally trying to do the right thing. It's very difficult to do that because a lot of times, you just want to wop out the rifle and start blasting.

That's why they invented Saved games. heheh!

There are some fantastic moments in the game but I don't feel it's an open as the first was. It still feels a little on rails, even though each level does give you options on how you would like to complete it.

papalazeru

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Just finished Muramasa - The Demon Blade on the Wii. Now working on Okami, also on the Wii.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:54 am

Wolfpack wrote:Just finished Muramasa - The Demon Blade on the Wii. Now working on Okami, also on the Wii.

I Loved Okami.

It's just so charming!!!!

If you love Zelda, then this is the game for you.

papalazeru

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:47 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:Just finished Muramasa - The Demon Blade on the Wii. Now working on Okami, also on the Wii.

I Loved Okami.

It's just so charming!!!!

If you love Zelda, then this is the game for you.

Yeah. I was thinking "Game like Zelda. Japanese folklore. Distinctive art style. Win!"
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:21 pm

I got this thing called Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. It is a collection of about 50 oldschool videogames all on one disc. You get classics such as the Streets Of Rage trilogy, the Golden Axe trilogy, Altered Beast, 5 different Sonic The Hedgehog games and Kid Chameleon. A lot of these games I played as a child, whereas others I just remember seeing the packages in stores and wondered what the game would be like, so now I know. I'm not sure how much fun a younger gamer would have, the gameplay on these old games is simpler but still very challenging. I grew up playing these games and so it is a fun retro experience for me.

Not to get too nostalgic, but I do really like this style of accessible gameplay where I can just pick up and play and have fun and then when I die, just turn it off and get on with my life. No learning curve, no complex plots, just action.

The disc also features many interviews with the people who made these games. Many were very young and are still working in the videogame field today. They reflect on changes in gameplay and the challenges they faced back then versus now in terms of developing games.

This game cost me about $15.00 and it was well worth it. I definately recommend this.
Last edited by Spandau Belly on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Spandau Belly wrote: ....Streets Of Rage, the Golden Axe trilogy, Altered Beast...

Hell.Fucking.YEAH. I was pretty good at Golden Axe from what I can remember (I always played the dwarf character). Couldn't you ride beasts into combat too? Like giant scorpions and shit? Awesome stuff.

What system are you playing on? PS3? I wonder how these simple games play with the mega controllers of today.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:12 pm

I play it on XBox 360, but the same compilation is available for PS3. It plays fine on the XBox control. The graphics have been optimized for HD so that they don't look too pixelated. The games play in full screen ratio like how all televisions were back then. I have a widescreen television, so a border appears on the sides of the screen. They came up with unique borders for each game.

And yes, in Golden Axe you get to ride all sorts of mounts such as dinosaurs and dragons who can breath fire and club bad guys with your tail. And I usually play as the Dwarf too.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Finally beat Okami. Epic game. Over 60 hours logged. Now I am working on Return to Castle Wolfenstein on the original Xbox.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:53 pm

SAINTS ROW 3

I got this game a few weeks ago and have been having an absolute blast playing it. They took out all the stuff that sucks about GTA games such as long communte times, getting stuck in traffic jams, dragged out cut scenes, and having to shake a wanted level everytime you engage in the slightest mischief. This game has ripped off the good stuff from a bunch of good games and great movies so you get great variety in gameplay that tests your abilities as a gunfighter, sharpshooter, getaway driver, stuntracing, scavenging, demolition derbyist etc. There`s a really silly story that mishmashes James Bond, James Cameron movies, Romero, TRON, THE WARRIORS, Batman, MOST EXTREME ELIMINATION CHALLENGE and more. The guys making the game obviously like all the same shit I like. The part where you have to steal a harrier stealth bomber and basically play out several sequences from TRUE LIES put a big smile on my face. I also laughed really hard at the pervasive mocking of Joss Whedon involving a douchey actor who stars on a show that is basically ANGEL.

The setup is more like Crackdown than any GTA game in that each part of the city is dominated by a different themed gang (a luccadore gang, a TRON gang, a posh gang etc). You aim to take over the city with your gang. There is a main plotline, but most of the dominance of the city is achieved by completing certain activities. You participate in a Japanese game show where you shoot your way through a funhouse full of flamethrower traps and people in animal mascot costumes trying to flog you with dildos. You play TRON and have to win lightcycle races. You drive around in a convertable with a live tiger just to show what a badass you are. You help your homies pull off heists by flying around in a helicopter firing rockets at anybody who tries to stop them from making a getaway. You fling your body around in traffic trying to get hit by as many cars as possible to earn lawsuit money. And of course, there`s challenges where the whole point is to run around racking up as much destruction as possible within a set time.

So there`s a great variety of gameplay here, really good humour, and lots to do. The only thing I can sort of criticize is the radio stations not having a very distinct feel. Other than the rap and classical stations they all have too much overlap. There`s one station that mostly plays 80s movie montage music and it`s awesome to hear the themes from ROCKY 4 and THE KARATE KID reminding me I am the best (around) while I drive around collecting sex dolls, but then some early 90s alternative rock song will sneak in on that station even though there`s a seperate station that is supposed to be devoted to early 90s alternative rock. It`s just weird.

But if you`re looking for a last minute Christmas gift for yourself, you can`t really go wrong with this game. I`m loving it.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Maui on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 am

Batman Arkham City PS3. IGN ratings do not lie it's currently ranked #1 out of 2715 PlayStation 3 rated games. This game is a blast!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:28 am

The Bard's Tale on Xbox. Meh.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm playing Arkham City for 360. It's a solid game. I'm about half way through it, and I want to pace myself, because it feels like I'm getting through it quicker than I want to. It's crack for Bat-fans though.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:I'm playing Arkham City for 360. It's a solid game. I'm about half way through it, and I want to pace myself, because it feels like I'm getting through it quicker than I want to. It's crack for Bat-fans though.

Don't fret, Game+ will kick you right in the balls...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:56 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:I'm playing Arkham City for 360. It's a solid game. I'm about half way through it, and I want to pace myself, because it feels like I'm getting through it quicker than I want to. It's crack for Bat-fans though.

Are you sure you're halfway through? Blink and you've completed the game.

It was far too short for my liking and the catwoman missions just feel like they've been glued on without any real though. The only thing challenging about the game was the riddler challenges but that wil only keep you going for few hours more. I got the game on the 26th of Decemeber, I'm almost all 100% completion, and that's including the time involved in hunting round for everything.

papalazeru

Postby Yelsaeb on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Skyrim. 170 hours, 58 minutes, and 44 seconds. I just can't stop playing.
Yelsaeb
GLIB

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:30 am

Yelsaeb wrote:Skyrim. 170 hours, 58 minutes, and 44 seconds. I just can't stop playing.

Yikes! I can practically hear the blood in your legs clotting.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Wolfpack wrote:
Yelsaeb wrote:Skyrim. 170 hours, 58 minutes, and 44 seconds. I just can't stop playing.

Yikes! I can practically hear the blood in your legs clotting.

@Yelsaeb

LOVE YOU!!!!!

I'm the same. Tis a lonely experience but still the best single player in the world.

A hurrah to Skyrim!!!

papalazeru

Postby Wolfpack on Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 am

I am playing Star Wars: Obi-Wan on the Xbox. It tends to get a little awkward controlling the lightsaber with the right control stick. I keep accidentally killing the innocent people. They get in my way. Why they go do that?
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Al Shut on Fri May 04, 2012 11:10 am

The Dark Side is strong in you
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

PreviousNext

Return to Games