What Are You Playing Now?

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:36 am

Finally made the breakthrough on the new SmackDown vs Raw game. Triple Threat without a KO option. Bloody difficult when the ref insists time and time again in getting in the way of my Chokeslam from Hell. My reward? A handicap match. Grr. but last night the Gods of Gaming smiled on me an the opponents got themselves disqualified and I went through on a win. the rest of the game was a little more fair and 6 hours disappeared just like that.

Fulfill Your Fantasy Matches though? Its just wrong, this side of 15.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MadCapsule on Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:50 am

Just had a weird urge to replay The Mark of Kri.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby JabberJaw on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:02 am

I have a few games i am playing when i have the time.

World of Warcraft
F.E.A.R.
Jade Empire (xbox)
Black & White 2
Civilization 4

sounds pathetic i know.
ImageImage
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:04 am

Heheh... the Dino, he just a recognize a your avatar, eh? Is a that a the Gary Puppet? Ta-Ta-Toothy?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby JabberJaw on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:29 am

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Heheh... the Dino, he just a recognize a your avatar, eh? Is a that a the Gary Puppet? Ta-Ta-Toothy?

It is indeed the infamous Gary Puppet...big teeth and all.

baba booey to you all
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:35 am

I think I'll give GUN another go tonight. Still a bit miffed I got the shovel after walking past a lump of gold thinking...I bet that comes into it soon.

I realise I should have gone back there instantly and got more cash for more upgrades. Can't be arsed to restart and now I'm locked in a stagecoach mission that I could care less about. I like what they've tried to do...but I think I preferred Red Dead revolver to be honest.

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby jgraphix on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:38 am

Yeah..I have gun too and stopped playing about 3/4 the way through cause it just gets repetetive. I am playing Trauma Center: Under the Knife currently.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:53 am

I keep failing to pluck up the courage to spend money on Warriors. I might do it tonight and be damned forever.

Smee? Smee? Stop me Smee....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MadCapsule on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:55 am

I liked Red Dead Revovler as well. But I did find some of the hit detection to be a bit sketchy. A clean headshot should've been an instant kill, but it often wasn't. And I found all the shotguns to be virtually useless. Two point blank blasts into a guy's chest and he's still kicking? What's up with that? Still a fun game, though.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:02 pm

The crossing the bridge section drove me to distraction...as did the shoot out with three bad dudes in the mine...but both paled in irritating comparison to the pig boy with dynamite. A bastard to kill and right at the start of the game too.....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MadCapsule on Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:59 pm

I started to re-play RDR a couple months ago and stopped when I got to the bridge area. I immediately remembered how frustrating it was!
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:03 pm

The freaking addicting Animal Crossing:Wide World and kicking everyones ass in Soul Caliber III
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby JabberJaw on Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:16 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:The crossing the bridge section drove me to distraction...as did the shoot out with three bad dudes in the mine...but both paled in irritating comparison to the pig boy with dynamite. A bastard to kill and right at the start of the game too.....

Pig boy wasnt too bad once you went to the top of the building in the center of town...

Bridge crossing was tough....but i hated the mine. The ending in the courtyard before you entered the house was a ball buster too...i have to hand it to that game though it was hard to shut off no matter how difficult
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby jgraphix on Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:28 pm

I thought that RDR was too easy. It took me like 8 hours to beat it. Was definitely fun though, and better than GUN IMO.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby JackKnight on Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:06 pm

The only ps2 game I've been playing much of is Baldur's Gate2. I unlocked Drizzt and now I'm beating it on extreme level to open up Artemis Entreri. My kids and I have Tekken5 tournaments. That's a lot of fun.

On the pc I play mostly Civ4 and Online poker.
Give me ambiguity or give me ... something else
JackKnight
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby cap on Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:15 pm

Playing X2 Age of Apocolyps on XBox.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby Petri on Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:34 pm

cap wrote:Playing X2 Age of Apocolyps on XBox.

Me too. Great game.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby JAGUART on Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:45 pm

Battlefield 2 .. here's my stats

http://bf2s.com/player/JAGUART/

Slient Hunter 3 - If you liked Das Boot and watch it in German with english subtitles, you'd love this game

Hearts of Iron 2- Addictive grand scale WW2 strategy

GUN
- Fantastic Western!

Call of Duty 2 for the PC: Single player mayhem!
The last time that I trusted a dame was in Paris in 1940. She said she was going out to get a bottle of wine. Two hours later, the Germans marched into France.
JAGUART
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Alex DeLarge on Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:59 pm

Ive been playing Socom III, good game.
Alex DeLarge
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:02 pm

Petri wrote:
cap wrote:Playing X2 Age of Apocolyps on XBox.

Me too. Great game.

I just beat that on PSP. It was a good game. I spent most of my time with the charger attached to the thing cause I did not want to stop playing.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby tfactor on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:03 pm

OK so we just started Suffering: Ties that bind and my god this game is understandably rated M for Man-you-better-not-have-any-kids.

The freak show that is the monsters in this game can only be described as Scaaaaaaaaary. We just walked into a room and these two flame throwing multi limb having mother fuckers came running up on us, so of course she yells "AAAHHHHhhhh" and then the xbox controller goes flying thru the air.

I completely understand why this game is not as popular as it should be, because it is just downright disturbing. These god damn flashes you get while playing the game happen at the most opportune times and they scare the living hell out of you. Since I've started writing this post my wife has screamed several dozen times and now I must go play because she's handing me the controller, not because she can't handle it but her 15 minutes are up and it's my turn (yes we actually use an egg timer)

Rent it, buy it, steal it, download it, do whatever you gotta do to get this game. If you like resident evil and gore, look no further.

Happy gaming :P
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Flumm on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:05 pm

IPAMPILASH!

Have fun guys.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:56 pm

Ok, so here's the thing about this game......
It has this "surprise/catch you off guard" aspect that the original Resident Evil's had. You know what I mean... You'll be walking along & then out of nowhere some big scary creature jumps out at you.
The sound effects are really contributory to the frightening atmosphere & I would recommend that everyone turn on the surround sound & turn up the volume when playing this game. You hear eerie echo's with a sort of metallic tone. CREEPY.....
It is really dark so that you can just barely see in front of you. The creatures look sort of shadowy and are freakishly scary looking. They move really, really quickly. I actually feel tense when I am playing this game. I sit in anticipation, my body tight with rigidity, and I can feel the anxiety creeping up on me.
The other thing that is really freaky is that you keep having these flashbacks of his dead wife and kids (sort of haunting Torque) & I swear that at times I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end. There is something evil about Torque's hallucinations & it really is hard to distinguish what is really happening in the game as opposed to what is happening in his mind. There is a definite struggle going on inside Torque's head. A battle between the good side of Torque and the evil side. Meanwhile he can hear his wife trying to make him do the right thing.
Of course Trevor & I are playing to be as evil as possible evil & killing everyone we see which only creates more visuallly intense hallucinations.
This game is full of blood and carnage and IMO is just pure evil....
Mwhahahahah.... :twisted:

I LOVE IT!!!!!
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Carolian on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:28 am

I've been playing a lot of EverQuest lately, even though I'm not really that good. I love me some RPG action.
The whole world's wild at heart and weird on top.

This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.
Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:11 pm

Man, i've been sucked into Heroes of might and magic iv, its as addictive as ever.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Halo 2. Modded maps. Ownage.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby cap on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:06 pm

X2: Rise of Apocolypes. Struggling along, but having fun.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:08 pm

I'm playing Halo 2 on 360. I'm really impressed with the ingame animation and cinematics. Bloody Flood should've been wiped out with the last game though.

Other than that the occasional game of PGR3.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby millsy on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:09 am

Anyone bought Black yet? Now thats what ive been playing for the passed week and loving every second, PS2 looks awsome with this under its belt diddent think they could pull it off but I was wrong. Bring on PS3 and Black 2!!!
Suck me good
millsy
GLIB

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:22 am

GR:AW just arrived. Gonna get stuck in today.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby horace on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:37 pm

GRAW and Ninja Gaiden Black
horace
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:58 pm

Two weeks to Oblivion.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby horace on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:46 pm

Eldar Scrolls?

I hope you ain't given up on ye GRAW yet?!?!?!
horace
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:04 pm

horace wrote:Eldar Scrolls?

Not yet! It's freakin' difficult but oh-so-sweet. Haven't tried multiplayer yet as I can never get into a game that doesn't have a 10min wait.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Petri on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:26 pm

I'm playing Homeworld 2 right now.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby horace on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:11 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
horace wrote:Eldar Scrolls?

Not yet! It's freakin' difficult but oh-so-sweet. Haven't tried multiplayer yet as I can never get into a game that doesn't have a 10min wait.

You're telling me. Its gotten harder and the people are a little more annoying. But still great.
horace
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Al Shut on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:25 pm

I dug out Baldur' Gate II after an endless break because I suddenly realised I never played it to the end.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:07 pm

Up until a few days ago I was switch-hitting between Pro Evo 5 and the GM mode of Smackdown vs Raw.

Today I play nothing and it remains this way until my thumb grows back.

Blisters are great. Right up until you go for the Salt N vinegar crisps without thinking :shock:

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:13 pm

God help me Chibi-robo and it is addicting
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Petri on Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:14 pm

Playing SW: Empire at War. Good game.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby JabberJaw on Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:41 pm

I want to pick up the Godfather game that was just released...looks petty good
ImageImage
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:47 pm

JabberJaw wrote:I want to pick up the Godfather game that was just released...looks petty good

It looks the Mutts Nutts, no mistake. I rented out the 24 game today - Punky Power in your own home for less than a fiver - bargain!

Beware though - I'm a third through it already - and I'm really really bad at games like this, so I'm figuring to complete it is easy...or its one of those that lets you get near the end then comes out with one bastard hard mission you never bother to complete.

Completing all levels with high enough scores to unlock the extra content may offer some replay value - but I k now once I've finished it that will be enough for me.

The controls are annoying as hell...but just when you think you're about to kick the Ps2 across the room (or is that just me?), you complete the level and move on. The presentation can't be faulted - TV camera angles, split screen and all your favourite characters are there. Its a flawed game but your love of the show will override this if you are a fan.

No two consecutive levels are the same - some are really good - diffusing bombs, hacking codes, identifying "hostiles" with Satellite technology are all cool......

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:56 am

Inspired by the Kingdom Hearts 2 thread I decided to finally give the first part a try.

I gets bonus points for the sheer insanity of the basic idea but from time to time the gameplay does something that really angers me (for instance if you want to buy a weapon you can't see how it will affect your status you just get a vague descrption like good for attacking) so I'm not sure yet if I would call it a good game.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:07 am

Am lost for the forseable future playing Oblivion. Its annoying how the creatures level up when you do, but I guess it remains a challenge that way, but surely there is a better way around this problem.

Still, am absolutely loving it. Hours and hours and hours of fun are sure to be had with this one.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Brutal Deluxe on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:04 am

i'm playing through God of War...one of the best games i've played- totally sucked into the story- would make a great movie...i think i've nearly finished- up to Arcitechs Tomb...
Brutal Deluxe
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:39 pm

Oblivion has consumed my social life.

I went out last night with some friends, and all I could think was:

"Man, I've got to get back to Chorrol. Dar-ma, the shopkeep's daughter has been kidnapped. She needs me!"

Sad, I know, but this might be the best game I've ever played, and that's saying a lot. I love it to death. I just with the characters could have beards (small nitpick).
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:24 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Oblivion has consumed my social life.

Sad, I know, but this might be the best game I've ever played, and that's saying a lot. I love it to death.

magicmonkey wrote:Am lost for the forseable future playing Oblivion.

Man Down! Man Down! Repeat....Man Down!

Urgh! Go on without me....its useless! *cough* *splutter* Oblivions got me too. Looks like we're gonners guys. Thats 3 men down.

I've also been playing
Battlefront 2...bit jerky on multiplayer, too many crap connections from other players.
Half Life 2:Source and CS:Source.... Still the ruler of them all
Doom 3....Left the game a while and came back to complete.
Fear....Shits me up.
The Movies : Hey! Thats why we are on Aintitcool! :lol:
Mame: Im sure there are no arguments there (I own all the thousands of roms I have download *ahem*)
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:27 pm

Oblivion here too. *sighs*
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:29 pm

Al_Shut wrote:Inspired by the Kingdom Hearts 2 thread I decided to finally give the first part a try.

I gets bonus points for the sheer insanity of the basic idea but from time to time the gameplay does something that really angers me (for instance if you want to buy a weapon you can't see how it will affect your status you just get a vague descrption like good for attacking) so I'm not sure yet if I would call it a good game.

I'm doing the same thing. You're right, the gameplay is pretty frustrating at time. The camera never works when you need it most. You have to equip any items you want to use in battle. Using an item in battle will probably get you killed. You're almost never given enough instruction as what you should be doing. AND that damn gummi ship. Argh! I'm a little frustrated I've only heard raves for this game, yet so much of it is driving me insane!
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Vegeta on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:30 pm

Shit, I am still playing Resident Evil 4 the first time through. Up to chapter 5-1 though. How do you kill that crazy fucking Salazar eyeball tentacle monster thing.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

PreviousNext

Return to Games