What Are You Playing Now?

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: What Are You Playing Now?

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 am

I'm playing Blue Dragon. It's okay, but I think I would like it better if the characters weren't so freakishly corny.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:07 pm

I went back to playing Hitman: Blood Money again. It's been abotu 2 years since I played through it and you know what?

It's still just seven shades of awesome. It's just so much fun watching the game unfold. To do it well you have to play the same level again and again which may sound boring but it never is because there's so many different ways you can attack the game. I'm going for the silent assasin awards and to be honest, it must be an incredible game because it didn't take me long to fall back in, the levels were that memorable.

I can't wait to see Hitman 5 and what Eidos can do wtih the format. Let's hope they use the Crysis Engine for sheer beauty and speed.

Talking of Crysis, I've been playing through that as well, I'm onto Warhead now, the expansion. This was another game which really is a spectacle. It is a monster of a game, even my machine grumbles at me when it's running. It's such a hardcore graphics extravaganza that Crysis itself won't let me run everything in the utlimate level of detail (that was saved for DX10 on vista), luckily Warherad allows me to do so but the framerate drops to about 36 fps so not as smooth as normal - especially if you like punch the shit out of buildings and making them collapse around you.

The game itself is beautiful but not the most advanced. I find the AI cheats in the way of hearing you and spotting you from miles away, and it's also pretty simple to shoot everyone in the head and be done with it, but I don't think many cames come close to the spectacle of Crysis. Trudging through the dense forests in camo gear, jumping above the foliage to see your enemies, chucking a grenade into a hut and blowing it to bits, it's all done in such beauty, and the musical score is phenomenal to accompany the emotions. There is one part which made my jaw drop, and because the graphics are so good, it looks real, and that's when you approach the mountain and it begins to collapse in front of you eyes. You're a good 3 miles away from it and you see it towering ahead of you with majesty, next thing it splits in two and begins to tumble down. I swear, it's like when you first saw a dinosaur in Jurassic Park, or the first shot of the Titanic in Camerons lame ass film - it's that visually arresting.

The story is engaging enough and the characters and stereotypes, the usual fare, but it begins to lose it's kick when you reach the supposed pinnacle of the game, the Aliens. It's just not as much fun kicking Alien butt as it is the KPA (Korean Peoples Army). Still, the whole Alien shenanegans doesn't really happen till the very end so it's not a great loss although the final boss bad guy (it's a shame they had to have this and not a full scale war with the Koreans and Aliens) was quite a let down - albeit a beautiful one.

Couldn't really get off the game till it was done and I enjoyed every second. That's some damn fine work there, shame about Far Cry 2, which should have been what Crysis is.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby SilentBobX on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Got myself a long overdue PSP for my b'day and loving it. Playing Final Fantasy 7. Looks quite pretty.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:54 pm

I've been playing X-men Origins: Wolverine & it's roughly 500 times better than the film.

Better story, kinda.
Even though it's the same story, there's stuff that the film didn't have because it was busy being having Jackman look up at the moon.

The film was a little Highlander like, but the game is actually like Highlander, or maybe more like an episode of Lost. Wolverine will be doing something & he'll fall down or hit his head on a rock or whatever & then we get a flashback.
All the flashbacks are to some place that looks like it could be Peru, but the game maintains it's Africa or somewhere else, the location it's self isn't too important to the story. Lava monsters aren't really native to anywhere.
Basically, your flashback stuff is like Tomb Raider, where you're moving objects around to trigger things, looking for cogs & wheels, climbing walls...
Then you have the fighting, there's a lot of it. It's like a 3D streets of rage.
You probably have five or six low tier enemies running about, shooting or waving swords, then you'll have something mid tier, like the statue things with two swords.
God tier is also represented. Some huge fuck-off bosses that are made of clay & lava or whatever, they appear a lot.
There's also bosses like Gambit, Sabertooth, The Blob & that albino thing with katana arms that i refuse to call Deadpool.
But fuck every one of those guys, cause the Sentinel is in this game.
Yeah, the Sentinel, the thing we've been wanting in an X-men movie since the 1st one was announced & we still haven't got (yeah, X3 had it, but they couldn't show all of it because they spent the effects budget on making Vinnie Jones look sober).
Remember them in the cartoon?
Huge purple & blue robots with lazer hands & all sorts of other mutant killing capabilities.

My jaw hit the floor when i first seen it in-game.
I won't explain how you come into contact with it, but from the moment you first glimpse it, you know something fucking epic is about to happen.
I was sitting thinking "I'm not good enough to beat this thing" during the entire lead up to the fight.
That kinda brings me to the level system.
I dunno if anyone played X-men Legends on the PS2, but it's kinda like that, but with other things like mutagens & whatever.
They tried to make it RPG-lite. It doesn't really effect the game too much. Tearing some gentleman's head of when you're Level 1 looks just as good as tearing some gentleman's head off when you're level 29.
That's the other thing, the visuals are surprisingly good.
It's not Crysis, but when you rip a guy out of a helicopter via the windshield, use the blades to chop his head off & the blood goes flying everywhere, you won't have any complaints.

The controls are good. Wolverine does all the things you expect him to do except lighting a cigar using the fire from a burning enemy.
There's special moves that kinda tie in with the level system. You can trigger berserker mode & you do double damage & move a little faster while your claws & eyes glow red.
You also have "animal instinct" which is mainly used to find ropes, platforms & other stuff to jump/climb.

The sound is alright, there's nothing amazing about it. You've got the majority of the actors from the film doing their parts, which is nice.
They have this completely generic music playing in the background though, like placeholder music. It's probably part of the score from the Wolverine film.

Replay value isn't really a factor.
There's extra costumes to unlock if you're want to run about in lifelike jungle environments in bright yellow or dull orange spandex. The black X-force outfit is also unlockable, but you only get to wear them when you're doing the missions that you've probably done before.

They have DLC called the "x-arena" or something, but it's 256kb.
I hate it when they charge for shit that's on the disk to begin with, so a friend who works at GAME procured me a download code.
It's just a practice room where you can fight anyone or anything that you've beaten during the main game. Kinda weak & probably aimed at impulse buyers rather than actual fans.
Also, there's zero multiplayer, not even online.

Great game, but as with most short games, you should probably just rent it.
They should've included a workprint mode, where they disable the textures on everything.
Maybe someone'll mod the pc version...
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm

I've been addicted to Fight Night Round 4. This is without a doubt, EA's best sports game in a long time. It's still not perfect, and there are a few minor non-gameplay bugs that annoy me, such as the wrong picture appearing for some created boxers in Legacy mode, but for the most part, it's a blast.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:08 pm

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I love me some stormtrooper tossing.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:09 am

On a second playthrough of Resi 5. Playing split screen co-op with my fiance. Its an awesome game. So much fun going through it again, levelling up the weapons for infinite ammo. Apart from the slight domestics that can happen when things go tits up.

"Shoot the glowing thing on the end of its tentacle ffs!!"

"I am, dont talk to me like that!! Its hard to see where the red dot is OK?"

"Yes dear."

:lol:

Interspersed with some GH World Tour/Metallica. Rolled her eyes big time when I wanted to get it, now she cant play it enough.
Awesome deal tho, from Gamestop. I traded in 4 old 360 games, which were gathering dust, and paid 500 nok (£50 approx) for BOTH World Tour and Metallica games, both brand spanking new. Dont know if there is a similar deal in uk or us stores, but I think its pretty damn good value for money, considering the reciept said the bill should have been 2400 nok (around £240). Not bad for getting rid of ghost recon 1, simpsons, and 2 others that I forget, which I picked up for pennies anyway. A friend of mine took the same deal, and didnt have games to trade, so just bought 4 from the bargain bin, and handed em over to trade in still wrapped. :D
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Typically video games based on movies have a bad name for being a poorly developed tie-in that exists solely as merchandise. Well, Nights In Rodanthe is a real exception. Using the Wii nunchuck and remote you have to steady your nerves and navigate charming encounters with a hunky stranger. Maintaining social grace and gradually allowing yourself to love again after so long is a challenge for any player. I guess the portion where you have to boldly declare your love hasn't become the party phenomenon that Guitar Hero has, but give it time.

And there's loads of unlockables, such as additional longing stares and secret romantic frolicking montages to be found as well as stylish hairstyles for the fashionable middle-aged woman.

If you liked the movie, long walks on the beach, and talking, you'll like this game.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Image

Typically video games based on movies have a bad name for being a poorly developed tie-in that exists solely as merchandise. Well, Nights In Rodanthe is a real exception. Using the Wii nunchuck and remote you have to steady your nerves and navigate charming encounters with a hunky stranger. Maintaining social grace and gradually allowing yourself to love again after so long is a challenge for any player. I guess the portion where you have to boldly declare your love hasn't become the party phenomenon that Guitar Hero has, but give it time.

And there's loads of unlockables, such as additional longing stares and secret romantic frolicking montages to be found as well as stylish hairstyles for the fashionable middle-aged woman.

If you liked the movie, long walks on the beach, and talking, you'll like this game.

Part of the Katamari seires.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:50 am

I played a really fucking horrible clone of Super Mario Kart.
It's in the Indie Games section of the Xbox marketplace, i can't remember what it's called.
Kart is definitely in the title, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
Everything about it was bad.

TRIALS HD is good.
It goes from ridiculously easy to extremely hard very quickly.
The soundtrack seems to go between death metal & house music most of the time, it's strange.
It works though, because it's not distracting. You're always busy trying to sort your balance out or whatever, so you don't really pay much attention to the music.

The TURTLES IN TIME: RE-SHELLED demo felt quite bland.
It's pretty much the same game, but they've lost something by updating it.

Other than that, i've mainly been playing RIDGE RACER 6.
It's pretty much the same as the other Ridge Racer games.
It's no FORZA or PGR, but it's not really trying to be.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:35 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:TRIALS HD is good.
It goes from ridiculously easy to extremely hard very quickly.
The soundtrack seems to go between death metal & house music most of the time, it's strange.
It works though, because it's not distracting. You're always busy trying to sort your balance out or whatever, so you don't really pay much attention to the music.

I picked up Trials HD too. Very fun game. Just trying to improve your times, and getting the cleanest fastest run you can is superbly replayable. It really does ramp up in difficulty though, on the later levels. Last time I played I had the fastest score of my live buddies for the first 12 courses, so I was happy with that.
In fact I may go play it right now...
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Stainless on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:03 pm

still sitting on a GRAW2 game save on PS3. Occasionally I'll fire up Quake Wars on pc. I just canceled WoW, the grind is too much. played demos of Arkham Asylum, Ghostbusters, Wheelman, Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
I'd like to offer moral support, but I have questionable morals.
Stainless
GLIB

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:55 am

Half-Life 2 for the Xbox.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:51 am

Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao.

It's fucking brilliant.
As i was saying to the creator, it's like Gordon Liu: The Game.
You all need to check it out.

Soundtrack is available for free, here.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:58 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao.

It's fucking brilliant.

Format? I havent heard of this one.

and how are you doing with Trials HD? It really does become ridiculously difficult doesnt it??
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:04 am

Hermanator X wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao.

It's fucking brilliant.

Format? I havent heard of this one.

and how are you doing with Trials HD? It really does become ridiculously difficult doesnt it??

It's on XBOX360 & PS3, just came out on Wednesday.
The soundtrack it's self is fucking amazing, so even if you don't like the demo, give the album a download.

Trials HD is frustrating as hell.
I've only just managed to medal in most of the Hard class.
The Extreme class, i can't even get to the second checkpoint in most of them.
I wish you could download custom tracks from everyone & not just those on your friends list, but maybe they'll patch that.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks for the info. My gamertag is Hermanator X on 360 if you wanna compare times (and to anyone else that wants to add me).

I will defo check out the Han Tao game too. Some outstanding stuff coming out on the arcades recently, both on live and psn. The only problem is having enough time to play em!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby King Psyz on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:52 pm

you can play that game in 3D on PS3
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:16 pm

King Psyz wrote:you can play that game in 3D on PS3

Invincible Tiger?
It's 3D on the xbox as well.
Lots of modes. Digital & old school are represented.

Not tried it out yet.
Don't have a tv capable out outputting the correct signal & the old cyan and violet thing doesn't really impress me that much.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby King Psyz on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 pm

I thought that was pretty cool to offer that from the get go.

supposedly PS3 is going to be able to "talk" to the new 3D sets coming out so it will be regardless of title enabled or something.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm

King Psyz wrote:I thought that was pretty cool to offer that from the get go.

supposedly PS3 is going to be able to "talk" to the new 3D sets coming out so it will be regardless of title enabled or something.

I dunno, if that'll work though.
How many people still don't have HD TV's?
Then, out of the people who've got HD TV's, how many are going to upgrade them for 3D as soon as it hits?

If it's just one universal piece of software, like a one time update (& that's what i sounds like so far, but it is in the early stages), it would be a nice bonus.
If it's something the devs are gonna need to code in to, or at least take into consideration for each game, i can't see it happening.
Surly rendering two different channels will knock fuck out of the processor & cause the frame rate to drop, especially in games like Killzone 2.

That's another thought.
3D won't work in FPS games.
They cant be bursting out of the screen if your gun is part of the screen, the screen is meant to be your vision.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby King Psyz on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:01 pm

from what I have seen of real 3D TV's the software is in the TV or connected device. It's pretty amazing. I played wipeout at an LG booth a few years back and nearly puked... Beach volleyball was magical and it was a pretty "smart" 3D so I wouldn't worry about the gun thing.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:28 pm

I seen a video of the new Wipeout in 3D mode a few days ago.
The camera guy held the glasses up to the camera, as if that would make it jump out at the viewer.
lol
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:09 am

Super Paper Mario on the Wii.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:52 am

Wolfpack wrote:Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

REally? What's that like?

I'm kinda tempted as now it'll be cheap but I'm not sure.

papalazeru

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

REally? What's that like?

I'm kinda tempted as now it'll be cheap but I'm not sure.

It's kinda easy. I actually haven't died yet and I'm halfway through the game. Expect to breeze through it, although you can extend the experience by trying to collect all the character cards and recipes.

It has that same charming, childlike innocence that Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door had (chock full of nerdy characters). The gameplay mechanics are that of an action RPG like zelda rather than the turn-based RPG the previous games were.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:29 am

I have been rocking out on The Beatles Rock Band. It is loads of fun despite being the easiest GH game yet. They obviously put a lot of love into this thing and the attention to detail is great. This is also the first GH game where I actually really like the visuals. The Lucy In The Sky part turned my apartment into one big lava lamp with all the psychedelic colours and patterns shining out of my television.

I look forward to downloading more songs as they are released to round out the game's already great track list.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby King Psyz on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:39 pm

if you're a PS3 owner/player and like FPS' and want in on something reserved to a handfull PM me and I have a treat for you.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:I have been rocking out on The Beatles Rock Band. It is loads of fun despite being the easiest GH game yet. They obviously put a lot of love into this thing and the attention to detail is great. This is also the first GH game where I actually really like the visuals. The Lucy In The Sky part turned my apartment into one big lava lamp with all the psychedelic colours and patterns shining out of my television.

I look forward to downloading more songs as they are released to round out the game's already great track list.

I like the look of this game - the one thing that's holding me back is people are telling me they've been cynical with the tracks in the game, keeping most of the best ones for later release (at extra cost) when signed on live.

I don't do the XBOX Live thing (bah, bah to being sociable, I say), so that's put me off buying it.

Meanwhile, I've just finished ARkham Asylum and loved it - best game I've played in a long while. I have my eye on Ultimate Alliance 2 - its clearly the same ole stuff they've been pumping out since the first X-Men Legends game, but I'll buy it anyway....
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:20 am

As for the track list on Beatles Rock Band. I think it's great. It's a good representation of their whole career and songs that are all fun to play. I think they should've maybe included about 10 more songs in the game and that would've neutralized most of the criticisms. But The Beatles have such a huge body of work that everybody is bound to have a few songs that they wished had been included and a few that they would rather had not been.

Most people I talk to gripe about Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane not being included, whereas I really wanted Hey Jude and Let It Be. But I like that the game gives you some of their less celebrated songs. Octopus's Garden is a favorite of mine, but not one you hear on the radio and I'm really glad they put that on there.

Here is the list of songs included in the game plus lists of the songs planned as download releases:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... _Rock_Band

Check it out for yourself, but I think it's a great list.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby denisjhon on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:48 am

Hello
Currently i am playing Counter strike, Its awesome game. I am thinking to play max Payne and Need for speed underground mode but i will play after complete counter strike. Sometimes i get boring that time i play Super Mario.
denisjhon
GLIB

Postby The Vicar on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:56 am

Doc Holliday wrote:I like the look of this game - the one thing that's holding me back is people are telling me they've been cynical with the tracks in the game, keeping most of the best ones for later release (at extra cost) when signed on live.

I don't do the XBOX Live thing (bah, bah to being sociable, I say), so that's put me off buying it.

Meanwhile, I've just finished ARkham Asylum and loved it - best game I've played in a long while. I have my eye on Ultimate Alliance 2 - its clearly the same ole stuff they've been pumping out since the first X-Men Legends game, but I'll buy it anyway....

Dusted off my olde Panzer General II game - a game so old many of our more youthful members won't have heard of it.
Nothing like kicking the world's arse and retiring as an undefeated commander. Pax Germania and all that jazz. ( I tend to play as the Gerries....nothing like getting your hands on King Tigers & watching them blow the bejebus out of those cheap ass, but plentiful Sherman's).

Doc!! You magnificent bastard!!! Grand seeing you here again.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:00 am

It's not that old, Vic.
Mid 90's.

Maybe even a bit newer than that.
I'm sure Civ 2 was out before it.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:48 am

Prince of Persia on the Xbox 360
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Wolfpack wrote:Prince of Persia on the Xbox 360

This sounds like the worst attempt to win a game of Clue, evah....

FIFA10 seems to be being widely hailed as the the new King of Footie games - I'm excited to see that the manager mode has had over 50 new additions. Finally! A footie management game out on consoles!

*bids farewell to outside. closes curtains*

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MadCapsule on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Replaying Freedom Fighters on the PS2 for the umpteenth time. It never gets old.

Wolverines!!! Oh, wait. . .
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:16 pm

I started playing Supreme Commander recently... WOW, amazing game! I haven't even tried the multiplayer yet, still trying to get a modicum of a handle on this immensely complex game. I also have Homeworld 2 in the pipeline, another real-time strategy game which appears to have a different enough flavor to Supreme Commander. I pray that the computer will be able to handle Starcraft 2 if that game ever comes out...

Oh and one of the appeals for getting Homeworld 2 was the impressive-looking BSG mod that those saintly nerds out there have come up with:

Check it out!

More!

And yet some more!

I haven't got the BSG mod yet, it's tough to juggle two strategy games with real life and other interests!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:it's tough to juggle two strategy games with real life and other interests!

Your talk of strange things both confuses and upsets me..

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 am

Played the Brütal Legend demo.

It's fantastic.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:27 am

Madden 2010 on my new PS3.

The biggest problem I have is my unfamiliarity with the PS3 controls. I played XBOX for years and I keep thinking the X is still the left button as opposed to the bottom button.

Additionally, after one day of game play I have to say that I like that the game is slowed down a bit. However, it appears skewed towards the offense a bit. I have no problem scoring points, but I suck at stopping teams on defense. Maybe it is skill level or something. I have to adjust a bit.

But I am loving it thus far.

Next up: Metal Gear Solid 4!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:53 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:Played the Brütal Legend demo.

It's fantastic.

Fantastic is a gross understatement. TOTAL FUCKING BADASSERY is closer
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:59 am

I'm thinking about pre-ordering it.
I dunno.

The demo it's self is one of the best games i've played this year, but i have a felling it'll get repetitive after a while. Wolverine had the same problem.
The multiplayer mode appears to be RTS & wiki says there's a bit of RTS in the campaign as well, that would probably break up the repetitiveness.

I'll wait till the reviews start floating around.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:51 pm

The missus and I started playing Lego Star Wars II.

As always, I am on the cutting edge of video game entertainment. :-P
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Lego Star Wars II is da bomb, yo!

The game is ridiculously easy most of the time, but there is good incentive to replaying for the unlockables... however facing the last boss was impossible in 1-player mode, I had to "cheat" by activating the second player and constantly switching between controllers.

Most importantly though, it is one of the best Star Wars games EVAR, so much fun and whimsy!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby papalazeru on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:Lego Star Wars II is da bomb, yo!

The game is ridiculously easy most of the time, but there is good incentive to replaying for the unlockables... however facing the last boss was impossible in 1-player mode, I had to "cheat" by activating the second player and constantly switching between controllers.

Most importantly though, it is one of the best Star Wars games EVAR, so much fun and whimsy!

It is pretty addictive. The cut scenes are awesome. Lego Star Wars 2 is the original trilogy of films no?

papalazeru

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Yup, OT all the way!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby King Psyz on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:25 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:I'm thinking about pre-ordering it.
I dunno.

The demo it's self is one of the best games i've played this year, but i have a felling it'll get repetitive after a while. Wolverine had the same problem.
The multiplayer mode appears to be RTS & wiki says there's a bit of RTS in the campaign as well, that would probably break up the repetitiveness.

I'll wait till the reviews start floating around.

It's action, driving, parappa the rapper music game, and RTS. Should be a sufficent break up in gameplay.

The cameos are out of bounds.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:03 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:Lego Star Wars II is da bomb, yo!

It is pretty addictive. The cut scenes are awesome. Lego Star Wars 2 is the original trilogy of films no?

Yeah, I'm not playing any prequel crap. :-P

The game is fun thus far, though it took us a while to figure out what we were supposed to do since the game started cold for some reason.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby King Psyz on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:19 pm

BRUTAL LEGEND KICKS ASS!

Seriously, you need this game, it's funny, it's fun, it just needs to be in your collection.

It's a Metal GTA people! And the cameos are insane.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby klinteastwood on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:11 am

Latest Nazi zombie level on Call of Duty World at War..ps3..so far me and my buddy have gotten to level 19
klinteastwood
GLIB

PreviousNext

Return to Games