King Kong Game, anyone?

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

King Kong Game, anyone?

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:00 am

Any of a you putzes download anna install a the Kong demo? Goddamn I canna get it to run onna either of a my machines, eh?
Last edited by DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:07 am

No, but I think I have an emulation of DONKEY KONG somewhere.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:35 pm

Goddamn putz! I gotta that a too, eh? But I spent alla weekend a trying to update drivers anna such, only to a find I could a STILL a not run it...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:56 pm

Are you talking about the game demos that were circulating a while ago, Dino? If so, I saw them and they were pretty frickin' cool. I preferred the human one to the Kong. Watching them travel down a river while T-Rexes chomped at them from the side was great.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:57 pm

That's prolly the one... it was a released onna the FilePlanet onna Friday, eh? I just a canna get it to run.
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby John-Locke on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:03 pm

Dino is it a playable game demo for your PC or footage from the Demo in a Video Clip because I think Whedon is talking about the Video & it seems like you are talking about the other.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:07 pm

Yes, it's a playable game a demo, eh? The video clips, they were available onna the interweb a before, but onna Friday the 7th, Ubisoft, they release a the actual playable demo... two missions... one as a humans against a the T-Rex, anna one as a the Kong against a the 3 T-Rexes, eh?

Just a go to a the FilePlanet.com anna download it, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:11 pm

I was talking about the video, ya Goddman putz.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:12 pm

Hey, surely you boys are aware of the First Law of movie-licence computer games???

They are all shit, except for Goldeneye.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:30 pm

Not alla true, eh? I thought a the Ubisoft work onna Return of a the King was a top-a-notch, eh? Nice job of a making you feel like a you were inna the movie, anna nice a use of a the same sets anna models anna such...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:39 pm

I forgot about that; never played it but was informed that it was ok - but was it really <i>that</i> good?

Anyway, I'm about to leave, I was just working out how many of your films I own. As in "own"? You know, as in "bought with my hard-earned cash".

Part of that villa is MINE, old man.....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:41 pm

Yes, there is a the brick inna the patio with a the inscription "This is a the Brick."
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:45 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Yes, there is a the brick inna the patio with a the inscription "This is a the Brick."

Sweet! Well, it's a start......
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:15 pm

yo Dino, they are talking about your work on the original KING KONG remake over on the TBs... maybe you should check in and let the chilluns know what's going on?

http://www.aintitcool.com/tb_display.cg ... 08#1002279
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby dimnix on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:43 pm

I havent played the demo...currently stuck on a slow modem so I can't download it.

However, I'm really excited about the game and I'm keen to give it a good playin'. The Ubisoft guys came to wellington and got full access to all the kong stuff, and worked closely with Peter Jackson and Phillipa Boyens on crafting the game. They knew that games based on movies generally suck and they're making an effort to change that.

It's interesting to see how they've expanded the skull island world and made new environments...although it does stand out to me that alot of architectural elements and even plantlife are different from the skull island we've made, but that's just because I know all the environments from the film and know the design of everything so well.

The bat creatures seem to feature in the game alot...sweet. And Kong looks different in the game for some reason...the face is close, but the colour of his fur seems to be more brownish.

So, yeah, the stuff I've seen hasnt blown me away yet but I'm confident it'll be fun. I'm looking forward to giving it a play.

And as for movie based games, they do generally suck...though i thought Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was alot of fun. Enter The Matrix had potential but ended up mostly being an endless maze of sewers.
dimnix
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:58 am

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:yo Dino, they are talking about your work on the original KING KONG remake over on the TBs...

Original remake? IPAMPILASH!
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:12 am

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:yo Dino, they are talking about your work on the original KING KONG remake over on the TBs...

Original remake? IPAMPILASH!

heheh. thought you would enjoy that, Dino!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:35 am

I'm just trying to see my name all over the place...move on, nothing to see here.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:50 am

Okay, so a the Dino, he finally got a the Kong inna'stalled anna running, eh? It's a got a the 2 short missions... one where a you play as a the big-nosed Brody guy anna one where a you play as a the monkey.

Iffa you played the LOTR:Return of a the King, then a this game, she's a similar inna form, eh? The point of a the game is a to make a you feel like you are inna the movie... part of a the action, no? Like inna the LOTR, I think a they succeed onna that level. There wasn't much a strategy to a the LOTR... just a the hack anna slash, anna the Kong game, she seem a similar... but it was a much fun to play as a the monkey anna beat a the holy crappa out of a the dinosaurs, no? Anna you get a to swing onna the logs anna climb onna the vines anna stuff...

When a you play as a the Jack, you inna the first-person view, a la Half-Life. As a the Kong, you inna the 3rd-person view anna you get a to see the monkey inna alla his a big bad self. The movement was a little strange inna that sense, a 'cos I was a using the WASD keys anna iffa Kong is a facing you, you gotta to hit S to move him a forwards. Iffa he's a facing away from a you, S makes a him go backwards, eh? Either way, he's a moving towards you anna that makes a sense once a you get a the used a to it, eh?

Nice graphics anna textures, although the hairy edges of a the Kong were a little bit strange, eh? We donna usually see a the hairy creatures inna these games... just creatures with alla smooth edges anna surfaces.

Inna the Jack mode, they have a the nice effect iffa you get bit by a the T-Rex, eh? The screen, she goes alla red, you see a the flash of a the teeth, you hear a the bones crunch anna stuff... anna then your vision, she gets alla blurry anna red, your movements, they slow down, anna your hearing, she gets a muffled... but a you can a hear a your breathing anna heartbeat as a you try anna run away... Iffa you can avoid a the T-Rex long enough, you recover... sort of a like a the bomb blast effect inna Call of a the Duties, eh?... but more than a likely, you gonna to get chomped again anna DIE!

This is alla just a the demo, so we'll see how a the final game turns out, eh? But the Dino, he gonna to give it a thumbs uppa... I get a the feeling she's a gonna to be one of a those games you can a pop in whenever you feel a like it anna donna wanna to spend a the whole night strategizing, eh? You just wanna to get inna to a some action, like a the Vivendi's Hulk game or a the GTA games, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:14 pm

I bet the first person mode is impossible with that schnozz getting in the way of every shot.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:26 pm

Luckily, there's a the "Schnozz-Off" mode which makes it inna'visible, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:32 pm

HAHahahA
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby the Grobe on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:02 pm

I didn't play the Jack mode too long, found myself getting beaten down by the dinosaurs. So I took Kong for a spin, and found a fairly deep 3rd person brawling game. Very satisfying finishing moves when you get to snap their neck or pry the jaws open. I can't wait for the final game. Oh, and that movie that goes with it too.
the Grobe
GLIB

Postby DennisMM on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:06 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Luckily, there's a the "Schnozz-Off" mode which makes it inna'visible, no?

From Pledge.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby DennisMM on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:08 pm

Just noticed I need 26 more posts to reach 1111 by gates-open tomorrow. Stupid, but this is my aim, as it appears to be that of others.

Now it's 25.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:35 pm

The only thing I notice inna the Demo was a my framerate, she was a the bit onna the slow side, eh? Prolly a somewhere a between 20 anna 30 fps.... It's always a hard a to compare with alla these a different a game engines, eh? I donna know the team that's a doing the game, but a the Dino, he assume it was a the same team that made a the LOTR Return of a the King... I could a be wrong. My framerate, she kicked a the ass inna that game...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby St. Alphonzo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:41 pm

The idea of Dino sitting around, eating cigarettes, drinking the grappa and playing video games makes me PAMPILASH!!
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:57 pm

I may a be old, but I'm a not a the dead, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:59 pm

Super intelligent bacteria.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:04 pm

Can a the super intelligent a bacateria do a THIS?!?

...anna THIS!?!?

...anna THIS!?!?

(I'm a showing offa my GTA:San Andreas m@d ski77Z)
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:17 pm

Yes it can.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby St. Alphonzo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:18 pm

It is super-intelligent, after all...
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:17 pm

Bumping this a now that a the actual game, she is a out inna the stores...

Anyone buy this anna play it? I had it a delivered to a the villa onna my return from a vacation and have a been a making my way through a the game, eh?

So far, it's a the fun game, albeit a VERY linear adventure, no? Even a down a to a the map between a the levels that a shows a your linear trek through a the jungle. You canna deviate from a the path a too much... inna'stead of a the free-roaming style a la the GTA games, you more or a less locked inna to a the path, like inna the Call of a the Duty, eh?

I think a what they were a trying to achieve is a the cinematic game that puts a you inna the heart of a the movie, without a doing a replay of a the movie, eh?

I find a the game similar inna nature to a the LOTR:Return of a the King game... linear, but immersive... although I think I prefer a the graphics engine of a the latter... better textures anna overall framerate, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Chief Redcock on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:30 am

Yes, please.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Petri on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:14 am

I got this game for Christmas and beat it. Fun game.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Return to Games