City of Heroes

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

City of Heroes

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:08 pm

Any City of Heroes players out there? I mainly play on the Triumph server as a character named Big Red. Let me know if you are out there.

If you don't know about the game, check it out at coh.com.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:15 pm

Hey, the Dino, he a play that a game a too! I canna remember right a now onna which a server, it's a the Virtue or a the Victory, anna I'm a the science Tank... level 20 stone/stone... code-a-name Groovy Golem.
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:57 pm

Excellent. My global handle is Big Red1. Find out what server you are on!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:40 pm

OK, I'm onna the Virtue server.
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:02 pm

I'll be looking for you. Heh. Groovy Golem.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:56 am

Hehe... they release a the "Issue 5" last a night, eh? Now with a the archery anna sonic powers anna whole bunch of a the changes, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:12 am

ARGH! Why tempt me, foul italian! In three weeks I am going to sign on and beat your level whatever The Dino to a bloody stain with my Tank.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:18 am

Most likely... I only took a him to about level 2 or a 3... I basically just ran around wondering iffa you would a log on anna we'd bump inna to each other...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:19 am

LOL I am so sorry. Really I totally want to play, but until 9-22, I just can't. When I do sign on, I will make sure its with someone lower level so we can go and kick some Hellion ass.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:23 am

They changed a the Hellions a little bit, eh? The are alla inna to arson now, anna they are trying to a burn a the city down... new events... check outta the COH update page for a the new info.
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:24 am

This game out on the mac? I been hearing about it for a while now.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:27 am

No clue... check outta the homepage:

http://www.coh.com
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:34 am

No Mac.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:53 pm

Is there player vs. player fighting in the game or is it just fighting against NPC's?

I have a friend who is thoroughly addicted to this game. Is "City of Villains" out yet? I'd heard something about that a while back.

I finally have a graphics card in my computer that allows it to render images that are more complex than stick figures, so I'm just now getting caught up on some gaming. Been playing Battlefield 2 alot online.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:56 pm

They have PvP arenas. At this point, you just can't walk up to another hero and blast him. I am sure there will be PvP servers when City of Villains comes around, which will either be late this year or early next.

I should warn you though, the Arenas are always empty. The game is fun enough without fighting other players, and some powers (such as flight) make PvP really difficult.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:59 pm

what's the subscription fee?

That's my issue with MMORPG's (I've never, ever played one, probably the only geek in history who hasn't), the fact that I have to pay a monthly fee kinda pisses me off. From what I've heard about CoH and WoW, though, I may have to get past my cheap nature and give it a shot.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:07 pm

14.95, I think. You can also just buy a subscription card if you just want to give it a go for three months.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:11 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:14.95, I think. You can also just buy a subscription card if you just want to give it a go for three months.

good idea, maybe I'll give that a shot. Maybe I'll see you in there Burl, I'll be the guy running into walls.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:19 pm

Triumph server. Buddy List a guy named BIG RED.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:58 pm

OK myfriends so I now play City of Villians. I am a mastermind with Ninjas! My name is Misstep. So hit me up or join my super villian group
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:59 pm

What server are you on?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:10 pm

Coldfire24 wrote:OK myfriends so I now play City of Villians. I am a mastermind with Ninjas! My name is Misstep. So hit me up or join my super villian group

I bought City of Heroes a while ago, and I should finally have some time in January to give it a go.
I look forward to battling your ninjas, sir!
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby sitnspin on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:20 pm

I got it last year and played for a month solid, and then got really bored and never recovered. There wasn't enough variety to the missions, and I got frustrated with being able to solo an entire mission (carefully) and then running into a boss at the end who could kill me in two hits. What's the point of that? Either it's a mission you can solo or it isn't. I met a handful of really nice people, but i also ran into a bunch of whiny brats (but that's an MMORPG for you). I love the concept, but I'm drawn to MMO's where you can do more than just fight, fight, fight.

Played SWG for a few months this summer, but I'm a full-time student so when the year started I was way too busy.
sitnspin
GLIB

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:08 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:
Coldfire24 wrote:OK myfriends so I now play City of Villians. I am a mastermind with Ninjas! My name is Misstep. So hit me up or join my super villian group

I bought City of Heroes a while ago, and I should finally have some time in January to give it a go.

Are you on Garbage Man?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Kilgore on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:59 pm

Burl, are you still playing on Triumph primarily? And what of The Dino...I've got the most work done on a guy on Liberty, but I've got characters on most of them...

And did you upgrade to City of Villains?
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:08 pm

Kilgore wrote:Burl, are you still playing on Triumph primarily? And what of The Dino...I've got the most work done on a guy on Liberty, but I've got characters on most of them...

And did you upgrade to City of Villains?

I have a character on just about every server, but the only ones of any consequence are on Triumph.

And yeah, I upgraded to CoV... it's just about all I have been playing!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Kilgore on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:23 pm

I'll have to see who I can build up on Triumph...since I only got Villains a month or so ago, it's not like any of my characters there are beyond level 4 anyway...I'll keep an eye out for you.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:25 pm

I have one level 4 (Sea Blazer), one level 8 (Big Top Bill), one level 10 (Backwoods) and one level 12 or 13 (Sinisteria).
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:42 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
The Garbage Man wrote:

Are you on Garbage Man?

I'm afraid I'm full of lies... lies, and delicious brownies.... mmmMmmm...

I haven't even installed the game yet, and my wireless connection at my current abode being complete shit at best, I doubt I'll be on at all. Sorry!
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:47 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
The Garbage Man wrote:

Are you on Garbage Man?

I'm afraid I'm full of lies... lies, and delicious brownies.... mmmMmmm...

I haven't even installed the game yet, and my wireless connection at my current abode being complete shit at best, I doubt I'll be on at all. Sorry!

It's okay. it just gives me the excuse I needed to find you and beat you up in real life.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:02 pm

You once told me you were a lover, not a fighter.
What's become of you, burl? City of Villains has changed you.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:29 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:You once told me you were a lover, not a fighter.
What's become of you, burl? City of Villains has changed you.

Perhaps. I have much to think about.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby JabberJaw on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:46 pm

Have thought about giving City of Heros a try...How does it compare to World of Warcraft (my current mmorpg)
ImageImage
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Kilgore on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:54 pm

JabberJaw wrote:Have thought about giving City of Heros a try...How does it compare to World of Warcraft (my current mmorpg)

Gameplay is comparable...from the folks I know who played both more extensively (I have limited WOW experience), the two work in very similar fashion...their decision came down to whether they liked the superhero stuff more, or if the medieval orc-slaying was the preference...
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:31 am

Kilgore wrote:
JabberJaw wrote:Have thought about giving City of Heros a try...How does it compare to World of Warcraft (my current mmorpg)

Gameplay is comparable...from the folks I know who played both more extensively (I have limited WOW experience), the two work in very similar fashion...their decision came down to whether they liked the superhero stuff more, or if the medieval orc-slaying was the preference...

Actually that's not the whole story. WoW is a much more in depth role playing experience. You can have crafts and skills to actually earn a living and allow you better armor and such. By comparison, CoH is much simpler. I played WoW for about 3 months after it first launched and it is--hands down--the better game, but for some reason people were not as friendly and it was difficult to find a group to go questing with. This was just my experience. CoH is pretty easy to get into and it seems like its easier to find teams for missions.

One of the big complaints about CoH is that the missions are a tad repetitive. They have done a little to alleviate that issue, but it's still about the same. But after a while, you don't really notice. At least, I don't. And because so many of the missions are similar, it becomes kind of fun to master your strategy on how to handle them.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:55 am

Kilgore wrote:And what of The Dino?

Triumph Server, eh?

DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:02 am

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Kilgore wrote:And what of The Dino?

Triumph Server, eh?

HAHahaha a
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby JabberJaw on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:20 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Kilgore wrote:

Actually that's not the whole story. WoW is a much more in depth role playing experience. You can have crafts and skills to actually earn a living and allow you better armor and such. By comparison, CoH is much simpler. I played WoW for about 3 months after it first launched and it is--hands down--the better game, but for some reason people were not as friendly and it was difficult to find a group to go questing with. This was just my experience. CoH is pretty easy to get into and it seems like its easier to find teams for missions.

One of the big complaints about CoH is that the missions are a tad repetitive. They have done a little to alleviate that issue, but it's still about the same. But after a while, you don't really notice. At least, I don't. And because so many of the missions are similar, it becomes kind of fun to master your strategy on how to handle them.

I know in my WoW playing i find endgame can be quite brutal unless you are in a large backstabbing guild. levels 1-50 were fun..but when your char tops out at 60 it becomes a game of yelling and rolling on equipment you rarely get.

CoH sounds pretty fun....Have you tried City of Villians yet? The Dungeons & Dragons mmorpg coming out next month sounds interesting as well
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:29 pm

City of Villains is a blast. The archetypes seemed to be a bit more powerful than City of Heroes. With the characters I have created, I never even died until like lvl 8.

I will have to check out the D&D mmorpg. I also read that both Marvel and DC have mmorpgs in the works. Anyone know anything about these?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Kilgore on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:27 pm

The Marvel MMO is still being worked on by Sigil Games for 2006 release...only on PC and XBox 360, though the plan is to combine the two worlds online, so either platform is on the same server.

All I could find on the DC game is that it is licensed by Sony games...

If anyone's got more recent stuff, I'd love to hear it.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Return to Games