XBOX 360 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: XBOX 360 Thread

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:24 am

Bioshock 2 pic.... Big Sister! Looks cool to me. Really creepy....
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:48 am

The winners of the XBOX LIVE ARCADE AWARDS have been announced.
I dunno if any of the rest of you downloaded the voting thing off the marketplace, but that's how the votes were cast, so it's not like people could vote more than once or anything.

Game of the Year
Castle Crashers

Best Versus Mode
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Best Single Player Game
Portal: Still Alive

Best Remake
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Best Original Game
Castle Crashers

Best Innovation
Braid

Best Graphics
Super Street Fight II Turbo HD Remix

Best Family Game
A Kingdom for Keflings

Best Co-op Mode
Castle Crashers

source
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:45 am

Well I did like Castle Crashers... but I never finished it as it was just the same thing again and again. Braid is good, but I do question if Portal as an entry as it's just ripping an existing full game and tweaking it. Not get me wrong, it's great fun and quite interesting but I don't really dig the inclusion.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 am

I think it's because most live games coming out have been multiplayer to some extent.
It was always gonna be between Portal & Bionic commando.

I'm quite happy that SFIITHDR got a few awards. It's gotta be one of the best games on live.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:39 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:I think it's because most live games coming out have been multiplayer to some extent.
It was always gonna be between Portal & Bionic commando.

I'm quite happy that SFIITHDR got a few awards. It's gotta be one of the best games on live.

Yeah, I've got that too but I just never play it. Like Braid I just have it for the look of the thing.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:08 am

MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:16 am

Three words:

SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION.

Three more:

HO LEE SHIT!

Everything else pales in comparison.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988445p1.html

I've always been a big SC fan, but I admit that the last game seems like it was getting a little stale. But holy crap. This game good looks AMAZING!!! AMAZING!!!

I haven't been this excited about a game in a LONG time. I feel like a little kid again.

Assassin's Creed 2 doesn't look bad either, but nothing I've seen at E3 this year even gets close to CONVICTION.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:20 am

and here i thought Batman: Arkham Asylum would be #1 on your list of most anticipated games....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:23 am

Peven wrote:and here i thought Batman: Arkham Asylum would be #1 on your list of most anticipated games....

True. Batman does look cool, just because I like the property, but SC:Conviction look like what was being so highly touted as "next gen" a few years ago. We're finally getting there. Really something special, you know. Batman looks cool, but it would have been just as cool on regular Xbox. You know what I mean. SC:Conviction looks like it really pushes the envelope.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:
Peven wrote:and here i thought Batman: Arkham Asylum would be #1 on your list of most anticipated games....

True. Batman does look cool, just because I like the property, but SC:Conviction look like what was being so highly touted as "next gen" a few years ago. We're finally getting there. Really something special, you know. Batman looks cool, but it would have been just as cool on regular Xbox. You know what I mean. SC:Conviction looks like it really pushes the envelope.

i gotcha, though Game Informer has been giving Arkham Asylum some pretty strong positive early "word"...so maybe you will be pleasantly surprised that it is more than just a beefed up regular XBox game

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:46 pm

You know what really pushes the envelope? 1vs100

Sure, it pushes it in a slightly different way, but when you think about it, it really is the future.
I've been waiting on something like this since the first time i played Chu Chu Rocket.

It seems like nothing when you compare it to the amount of people on any given server in something like Warcraft or Runescape, but it's an entirely different experience & it happens to be a free xbla download.

If MS pull this off, it may change console based multiplayer gaming completely.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:33 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:You know what really pushes the envelope? 1vs100

Sure, it pushes it in a slightly different way, but when you think about it, it really is the future.
I've been waiting on something like this since the first time i played Chu Chu Rocket.

It seems like nothing when you compare it to the amount of people on any given server in something like Warcraft or Runescape, but it's an entirely different experience & it happens to be a free xbla download.

I didn't see this when you first posted it, but I agree. I played 1 vs. 100 one night. I had a blast. I was always near the top score for the 4 guys on my screen that we were "playing against." I was also in the top ten a couple of times out of over 100,000. I was never in the mob, but they did choose "ask the crowd" a couple of times so it made me feel important. But it was a really enjoyable experience.

Oh, and there are some REALLY stupid people out there.

How often is this thing supposed to go down once it's out of BETA? And are they really giving away free MS points?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:23 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:You know what really pushes the envelope? 1vs100

I didn't see this when you first posted it, but I agree. I played 1 vs. 100 one night. I had a blast. I was always near the top score for the 4 guys on my screen that we were "playing against." I was also in the top ten a couple of times out of over 100,000. I was never in the mob, but they did choose "ask the crowd" a couple of times so it made me feel important. But it was a really enjoyable experience.

Oh, and there are some REALLY stupid people out there.

How often is this thing supposed to go down once it's out of BETA? And are they really giving away free MS points?

I've heard that they are giving away points. That would be really cool, and a bit of a breakthrough for Microsoft at the same time. I haven't been able to play it yet, over here in Australia they don't have a demo available yet :( Mothers....
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Peven wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:

i gotcha, though Game Informer has been giving Arkham Asylum some pretty strong positive early "word"...so maybe you will be pleasantly surprised that it is more than just a beefed up regular XBox game

My most anticipated game is DJ Hero. I'm really excited to see how this one plays out. It hits stores in the fall and it appears that this fall is a good time for rhythym games. Guitar Hero 5 looks like they're finally catching on and making all the songs accessible right away for us people who only play it with friends at parties and don't spend all day unlocking songs. Plus GH5 has the track list that appeals to me the most of any of them so far.

There's also a new DanceDance game coming out and I can't wait to see what songs are included in it. I'm guessing Miss Queen of Dance, Lady Gaga, will make an appearance.

There's also Rock Band The Beatles. Although I'm not the biggest Beatles fan, I'd probably buy this over any of the other one band rhythym games out there because I guess I feel The Beatles have more diverse sounds than Metallicca or Aerosmith.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Bayouwolf on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Just when you'd gotten used to the last dashboard update Microsoft comes up with a new update to help bring about the RRoD.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 pm

The main part of the update is just the code for silverlight, so you can get ads on the dashboard.
It's an excuse to milk more money out of us.
Maybe even exploiting those who've paid for a gold subscription.

They've got another update coming out before the end of the year that adds Twitter & last.fm functionality. If they'd have added the advertisements then, they could have said "Well the ads are paying for the twitter & last.fm functionality" & fooled a few people, i guess they decided not to bother.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bayouwolf on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:49 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:The main part of the update is just the code for silverlight, so you can get ads on the dashboard.
It's an excuse to milk more money out of us.
Maybe even exploiting those who've paid for a gold subscription.

They've got another update coming out before the end of the year that adds Twitter & last.fm functionality. If they'd have added the advertisements then, they could have said "Well the ads are paying for the twitter & last.fm functionality" & fooled a few people, i guess they decided not to bother.

I really need to get on the stick with the online community, but I've been traveling so much I didn't see the point in spending money on a monthly subscription I wasn't home to use...I don't think I've even updated to the newer dashboard yet...

Since I never had a Live account before, and I have yet to do any updates, will this bring about the bloody demise of my Gen 1 system if I update?
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:59 pm

Not really.

I take it you've got a 20gig hard drive, yeah?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bayouwolf on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:34 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Not really.

I take it you've got a 20gig hard drive, yeah?

yeah
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:10 pm

Yeah, you should be fine.
The update alone won't RROD your 360.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby travis-dane on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:27 am

I have the 20GB hard drive version too and the update worked fine.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:25 am

I hadn't been on XBox Live before. I have had my XBox for 2 years. It made me make a Sim of myself, but I don't know what I look like so I just made a Mexican dude in a cowboy hat with a moustache. Then it made me photograph my Sim for an avatar. I chose a pink background because it's like red but not quite.

I got some cool downloads and tried playing my video games against strangers over the interwebs. I found that none of the games really flowed well. I prefer to have my opponent on the sofa next to me even if that means I have to put on trousers.

When my one month of free trial XBox Live Gold expires, I will happily downgrade to silver. I mostly just want the add-ons for games and maybe I'll rent the odd video.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:57 am

I've been part of the testing for the whole Twitter/Facebook/last.fm update for about a week now.

Last.fm is brilliant, but you can't use it to stream using games.
Facebook i haven't used & have no intention of using.
Twitter is alright, but it doesn't support custom themes or clicking on the links, or displaying twitpic.

I'm glad you don't have to pay for the new features, because they don't really bring anything new to the experience.

The Zune Marketplace is good. It's a little hard to find things like The Guild, but it's a lot better than what came before.

SKY TV just released an app on the 360 for the UK users.
If you don't have a subscription, it's just video on demand. If you are a sky subscriber, you can watch pretty much anything live, except BBC 1. 2. 3. 4... I haven't had SKY for a long time & the streaming quality isn't making me change my mind. It has frame rate issues & looks badly compressed even on the highest settings.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:33 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Psyz on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey Halo fans, my dealership is selling Halo RC cars in my parts department now for some reason.

I know there was at least a Warthog.

I don't know what my employee discount puts them at yet, but if interested let me know.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:26 pm

King Psyz wrote:Hey Halo fans, my dealership is selling Halo RC cars in my parts department now for some reason.

I don't know what my employee discount puts them at yet, but if interested let me know.

Old, but where is this place you work at?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:20 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Namco Generations: Galaga Legions DX

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:52 pm

From IGN:
Namco Bandai Games Announces Namco Generations
New line of downloadable games update classic Namco franchises from the arcades of yesterday to the consoles of today.

Galaga Legions DX
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby King Psyz on Thu May 19, 2011 9:45 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
King Psyz wrote:Hey Halo fans, my dealership is selling Halo RC cars in my parts department now for some reason.

Old, but where is this place you work at?

Delayed post replies are delayed...

I work at a Toyota dealership, but for some reason we ordered them for the boutique. I don't even know if they're still there to be honest...

But anyway, that's not why I have come to this thread.

Zoners, I have joined the dark side...

I just ordered a 250GB Elite with Kinect and Halo Reach :oops:
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Peven on Thu May 19, 2011 10:00 pm

welcome, we have been expecting you....... :wink: :D

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby King Psyz on Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm gonna suck so bad, I do not like that chunky controller... I have gotten so used to the playstation design over the last 15 years it will be hard to relearn the control scheme.

Old dogs
new tricks
etc
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri May 20, 2011 7:27 am

It's not that clunky. The original xbox controller was an awkward shaped beast though, those things were huge.

Owning 3 consoles is the way to go though, you'll never miss out on an exclusive now.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby King Psyz on Fri May 20, 2011 3:49 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:It's not that clunky. The original xbox controller was an awkward shaped beast though, those things were huge.

Owning 3 consoles is the way to go though, you'll never miss out on an exclusive now.

I ditched the wii, got bored of it, but might pick up this project cafe box at xmas time if the price is right and they don't pull another rarer than "unobtanium" bit again...

I was just going to get the Kinect Arcade box, but figured screw it, might as well go for it.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Psyz on Mon May 30, 2011 6:11 pm

OK, so Kinect is rad as fuck. It's not as accurate as I was hoping, but I had heard as much so no big deal.

I think it sucks it only recognizes one voice for now though. Maybe I just need to figure out creating multiple Kinect log ins or something...

I do kinda dig how the 360 holds your hand through the set up and welcome to the XBOX world, something like that on PS3 and Wii would go a long way for new players.

I do appreciate the XMB more, the dashboard is robust but just too much shit to wade through.

One thing, the Kinect needs way too much fucking space to work properly. I do like that it's motorized, I honestly had no idea about that. But I had 8 feet cleared and in the manual it said 6 ft, in set up it wanted 12 feet... That's insane. Once I mangled my living room though we had fun with the pack in game, and Logan took a quick liking to it on his own. I do appreciate anything my 3 year old can play on his own.

I am tempted to buy a FPS for 360 now to see just how good Live is for online MP. How's Brink?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:02 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:11 am

From IGN:
Future Xbox Graphics to Rival Avatar?
Graphics hardware supplier for Xbox 360 claims games will soon look as good as Hollywood's best CGI.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Games