XBOX 360 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

XBOX 360 Thread

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:21 pm

Anyone have this yet? I just plugged mine in last night and played some Perfect Dark Zero. I've been hearing about severe glithces and that Microsoft lets the public sort out the bugs. This hasn't been my experience yet. Anyone else?
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby EWS on Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:23 pm

I got mine on release in the god ol UK and have had absolutly nothing gone wrong with it. I got PGR3 and Amped 3, both totally amazing games. Well worth the wait!
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Neya on Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:45 pm

I've been hearing about severe glithces and that Microsoft lets the public sort out the bugs.

hehe, if youre a Windows user, you should be accustomed to this. With the sheer number of these machines produced and the technology involved, some having issues is just natural. You'll hear about the two that explode, but not about the 200,000 that work perfectly.
~Tonight I go as a Nemesis bearing just and blazingly cataclysmic vengance.~

I bake a good pie too.
Neya
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby CENOBITE on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:12 pm

EVERY launch has problems. The PS2 had major ones as well as the original Xbox. This is par for the course. The 360 has only had a small % with bugs or manufacturing errors. However, it seems that Sony has been doing a smear campaign with its owned media sources to hopefully put a damper on things by pointing out the (5%) problems in almost every written article.
CENOBITE
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby superman on Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:14 am

So far mine is going pretty strong. I got mine through Dell oddly enough and I absolutely love it! Forget the graphics the 5.1 surround sound in Call of Duty 2 is where it's at. Notice as you talk to the guy if you're looking straight at him the voice comes from your center channel, if you face the other direction he will come from either the right or left channel and if you turn around it will come from either the right or left rear channel. Totally blew me away. No glitches so far, but I did notice the first time I played PDZ I had to lay my XBOX flat to load it up...but after that it works fine vertically.
superman
GLIB

Postby jgraphix on Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:15 am

Anybody have Condemned?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Pudie on Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:17 am

superman wrote:So far mine is going pretty strong. I got mine through Dell oddly enough and I absolutely love it! Forget the graphics the 5.1 surround sound in Call of Duty 2 is where it's at. Notice as you talk to the guy if you're looking straight at him the voice comes from your center channel, if you face the other direction he will come from either the right or left channel and if you turn around it will come from either the right or left rear channel. Totally blew me away. No glitches so far, but I did notice the first time I played PDZ I had to lay my XBOX flat to load it up...but after that it works fine vertically.

That's pretty cool
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:50 pm

mine's been running smoothly as well, am thinking about getting the 2 year warranty for $59.95 just in case, don't feel like spending the money though. I already filled out the warranty card except for the date purchased. I might wait a few months and then send it in, or whenever the first glitch occurs.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:22 pm

I've had mine since launch. Overall, it's a great system. There are some REALLY REALLY great titles on the horizon too. Plus, if you're into online gaming, it's tops. And, you can get a 360 AND a Wii for the price of a PS3. That's pretty cool to me.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Mr. Hyde on Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:02 pm

Yea.. i used to be all about the PS3 till i heard it was $600. I thought the 360 was expensive! Ah well.. im prolly gonna get the WII.. sounds lame, yea.. but i just got a DS recently.. and i love it. A lot of the games are so inovative.. hell.. it even got my g/f to sit and stare at a mini-screen for HOURS on end.. whiel i got to play some world of warcraft.. SHIZAM! So yea..i dunno why i posted this in the 360 forum... well a lot of my friends have it and love it.. but seeing how microsoft literally turned there backs on the original xbox.. makes me not really want to buy there products anymore.. shady microsoft.. reeeeall shady..
Mr. Hyde
GLIB

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:26 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they still making games for Xbox original? How have they turned their back son it?

I'm not saying they haven't, but I know they/developers haven't... so interested in the goss you got!

Gettting my 360 finally next Wednesday! Less than a week to go baby! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:31 am

Yeah, and XBOX LIVE is compatible with both. 360 plays most of the old games. And I think you can link both the sytems right? So, even if you have 360, your old XBOX isn't exactly a throw-away. I don't know what more you could ask for.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:35 am

I think some people just like to stick it to microsoft. Which I'm not against, but when its for bullshit reasons... it annoyin!

however, I'm waiting for a glib friend to come back with some info - he could know more than he's letting on! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:36 am

I understand the bile directed at Microsoft. But Sony is nothing to cheer for. At the end of the day I gotta go with the better (and cheaper) system that has it's online shit in order. If it were the other way around I'd go with PS-3 (I have no allegiance to a particular corporation) but it's not so I choose 360 for this round.
Last edited by wonkabar on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:03 am

Friggin' Splinter Cell is out and it's supposed to be aces. Us 360 owners are entering a period of TOO MANY GAMES COMING OUT AT THE SAME TIME!!! AAAGH! And after a drought too!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:32 am

Wonkabar: I agree totally - its like we're the same person. I'm so sorry...

But I have been a PS man and thought I would naturally get a PS3. Not for any reason other than it felt natural to do so. Then I heard about prices and was worried. Anyway, thanks to the delay, bad press and price I am now buying an Xbox next Wednesday!

I have friends, well, friend, who is insistant o PS3. We refuses to consider Xbox. I'm like, what the fuck: its a corporation! He feels obliged to get there system. They don't give a shit about you, why should you give a shit about them! Fuck them! They're fucking you over - by the sounds of it, we'll have to wait and see!

So I'm getting an Xbox and a Wii and, as someone stated above, all under the price of a PS3!

As for my xbox I'm getting it next wednesday and I'm gettting Dead Rising (movie geeks wet dream) Test Drive unlimited and either Pro Evo or Fifa (see other thread)!

Love it! So fucking can't wait! I also hear that Sony want to stick with their old Online sytem. Which as a PS2 online man I can tell u is fucking shit and hard to use!

I have played 360 online and its so fucking simple and therefore genius its amazing! Its addictive where as I can ahrdly ever be assed with PS2 online!

Wake up sony!

:-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:37 am

Good luck with Dead Rising. Man, that game pissed me off. TDU is amazing, though! If I were you, I'd honestly replace DR with Splinter Cell's new entry unless you love dying and returning to the beginning of games and spending ages traipsing around trying not to die after a difficult mission in order to save. Honestly, it's hardcore annoying - and this is from a hardcore gamer from the C64 days.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:09 am

ATOMIC: AAAHhhhhhh!!!! You got me scared!

I hate games like that! Ah shit...! What to do! But it looks so fucking good though!

Why is hard to save? Do you have to go to distant shops and use them as save points?

I won't go with Splinter Cell because those kind of games don't gell well with me! But I thank you for the heads up and after some more research will maybe consider another game!

What do others think? Is Atomic just no the hardcore gamer he was in C64 days or is this game harder than a muthafucker? :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:18 am

In answer to your question - yes. It's a fucker. It's not an easy game either.

If you enjoy backtracking and frustration, gopher it. ;) Considering I gamed people under the table at BF2, COD and Planetside - trust me, its just fucking annoying in a Bionic Commando kinda way.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:21 am

Jeez louise! That is annoying! Shiiiiit! Gonna have to rethink this like a bastard! :-)

Can you rent a game for the Xbox, play it, buy it and carry on from that rental save?

Sony, the gentleman muthafuckers, stopped you doing this because I rented out Gun, got really far - brough tit cos I loved it (which I thought was the whole fucking point of rental games!) and then couldn't carry on and had to start again!

Which was fine except for some hard parts! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:27 am

Yeah you can. I'd rent it first if I were you.

Save your money for GOW?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:53 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Good luck with Dead Rising. Man, that game pissed me off. TDU is amazing, though! If I were you, I'd honestly replace DR with Splinter Cell's new entry unless you love dying and returning to the beginning of games and spending ages traipsing around trying not to die after a difficult mission in order to save. Honestly, it's hardcore annoying - and this is from a hardcore gamer from the C64 days.

Ah thank you! Theres actually a fan of TDU. Its crazy fun.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:07 am

TDU (test Drive Unlimited) looks amazing! I played an online demo round a friends and I was just blown away!

I always say I like car games but on modern consoles couln't find a good one! Then I came a cros sBurnout, most notably Burnout Revenge and fell in love with the fastest, craziuest racing game I've ever played.

TDU, while not as fast or crazy, offered something which I deeply wanted in a car game: openness. The ability to go wher eyou want.

FLASHING your lights to start a race with someone! HELLO!

When I get online perhaps we should share 360 online names and get a ZONE race going on TDU. What do you think to that?

I think that could be another thread: THe Zone 360 Online Gaming Community

If I get a second on that I'll start it up! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:12 am

silentbobafett wrote:I think that could be another thread: THe Zone 360 Online Gaming Community

If I get a second on that I'll start it up! :-)

Sounds good. There should be some kind of zone-group on XBOX-LIVE too.... can it be done?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:41 am

Do you mean Xbox 360 live or the oringal Xbobx live?

I'm going to start the thread now! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:41 am

godzillasushi wrote:Ah thank you! Theres actually a fan of TDU. Its crazy fun.

I keep hearing bullshit about how the cars handle, but to be honest in my (admittedly little) experience it's not far off life... The whole freedom thing is awesome, as is seeing other cars busting past you who're real people!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:46 am

Well get its and go to the Online gaming thread I just started and lets get playing! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:47 am

Plus when I played TDU I foudn the controls quite realistic. They change for each car but aren't as "technically accurate" as Gran Tursimo which is just too....too.... arrrgghhhhh for my liking!

TDU is a nice mix of having a laugh and "real" for me... :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:52 am

silentbobafett wrote:Do you mean Xbox 360 live or the oringal Xbobx live?

I'm going to start the thread now! :-)

Aren't they pretty much one and the same?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:03 am

Methinks they're a bit different...

Anyhow I see you're still insisting on Dead Rising... man, don't waste your money! Get Oblivion or something instead, or at least wait until Gears of War!... why not Ghost Recon? Great, if short, single player - and it looks like you love multi...

Besides, November is a bumper month. Save some money now and get something like Rainbow 6: Las Vegas or COD3. Even 2 is cheap now.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:15 am

Gears of War does look great as does F.E.A.R!

Like the look of ghost recon!

I do love multiplayer!

I think I will get DR cos I just fucking lvoe zombies.. I might just get it to endlessly kick the shit out of em! Fuckthe game itself! thats what I do on GTA never bothered with themissions! Just act out my own movies! Love it!

But I plan on getting at least one of those big release games in Nov!

If Gears of War is as epic as it looks could be great! Esp for online warfare!

silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:02 am

IN ALL HONESTY... you're going to be disappointed. There's a TON of micromanagement in that game you have to deal with. It's not just killing zombies. I was EXTREMELY excited and initially quite into it, but I suspect you'll have the same problems. The first boss gunfight is a supreme example of ALF gameplay and aiming. If you've got no patience for Splinter Cell, you'll have no patience for DR. If you have patience for DR, you'll have patience in the bucketloads for SC and no excuse to buy that! ;)
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:34 am

Heh heh.... are you on commision for Splinter Cell?

I take your comments seriously and have and are giving them serious thought! I even brought them up in discussion yesterday.

I'm sure there ius another thread for this, but just for a simple quick answer: does anyone know when Halo 3 is PLANNED to be released?

I have never even touched a Halo game and would love to wait for the new one (i'm slow at games, mainly because I don't get chance, but when I do i like to piss about!). So if you someone knows when Halo 3 is out I can make my plans! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:38 am

Not until March next year, most likely... sadly...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:42 am

:-(

silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:40 am

YAAAAAY! Got my 360 yesterday! AND I LOVE IT! :-)

Got it with

Dead Rising (soz Atomic - couldn't help myself! love it so far!)

Test Drive Ulimited (WOW! Just WOW!)

Amped (Fills the void left by the lacklustre recent adventures of SSX)

PGR3 - not my kinda game but came free with the console! How did this win best Xbobx360 game? Its ok... but if you want fast car action, flying round corners on the biggest powerslides known to man: Play Burnout Revenge!

I guess some people don't like the smashing up of cars... I do! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby arty on Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:13 pm

hey
what's up if u would like to know about me hallo back at me
arty
GLIB

Postby wonkabar on Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Greetings program
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:48 am

Whats that all about? :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:50 am

Get stuck into PGR3 properly and you'll never leave. It's got the best car physics of any game, just superb, and the digital recreations of real-world locations are the best made so far in a game. I love the Tokyo locations as I can actually retrace my steps from my visit earlier in the year! You can't crash, but that's not the point... it's just wonderfully tuned, moreso than Test Drive. Test Drive's biggy is the massive open world environment and massive car choice, I prefer it... but in pure driving terms the weighting and subtlety of PGR has never been beaten.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:06 am

So far I've found the control of TDU cars much more agreeable.

but I'm more of a "fun" player than a guy who wants the game to push me to new limits.

If I can't get round a corner without crashing, I don't want to know! My problem. My fault. But it makes life easy!

TDU is just fucking genius! Dead Rising is so much fun I'm fit to burst! Amped 3 is a lugh but no tricky and PES 6 is wonderful! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:24 am

Just in case anyone wanted to check them out, there are two new maps on Perfect Dark Zero, and they are free. Both are from Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. The first is a remake of the "Falicity" and the second is the ruins map that always sucked and now is just confusing to get through. I played both last night and they were actually cool. Free!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:49 am

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm free stuff.... :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:59 pm

Atari Founder Slams Sony
Bushnell Praises the 360 and Xbox Live.
by Micah Seff

November 8, 2006 - In a recent interview conducted with Red Herring, Nolan Bushnell expressed some astonishing insights into the next-generation console wars. During the interview, the Atari and Chuck E. Cheese founder mostly focused on his recent foray into the world of restaurant entrepreneurship, but managed to find time to weigh in on the future of the impending PlayStation 3 and Wii.

Bushnell seemed to be wholly positive on the future of the Wii, echoing sentiments heard from Nintendo executives regarding the Wii's potential to "expand the market beyond the hardcore." Similarly, Bushnell seemed to have only good things to say about Microsoft's Xbox 360, its easy-to-use authoring tools, and Xbox Live.

His take on the future of the PlayStation 3 was anything but positive, however. Bushnell expressed his distaste for the difficulty of developing for the system, and the "arrogance and capriciousness" which Sony has gotten away with in the past due to its massive installed user base. Bushnell even went so far as to call first party developers "idiots" if they chose to develop for the PS3 rather than the 360.

When asked about the potential success of the PS3 compared to its predecessors, Bushnell blamed Sony's past accomplishments on timing. "They had the right pricing at the right time [and were] almost the accidental winner," said Bushnell. When it comes to the PS3, Bushnell seemed to think that Sony would have a hard time even selling through 1 million units by this time next year. Only time will tell whether or not Bushnell's predictions come true.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:39 pm

In case anyone missed, Gears of War is now one of the top contenders for Game of the Year and according to all the reviews, "The best looking video game ever made. Period."
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:07 am

ATOMICHYPERBOLE: Dude, I'm an honest man. And I like to let people know when they have helped me out. You, my friend, should be updates on my Xboxb goodness. Since buyin gone a couple of weeks back, I'm loving it! I got it with a shit load of games bu PES6 and TDU take them all down! Well good stuff! :-)

But I see what you mean about Dead Rising! I fucking love Zombies... like no ones business! Love em like bat shit crazy! I find them cool, scary, funny everyhting they should be!

Dead Risisng is grea to slash them up! But after spending £50 and an hour or so of play: that becomes boring! Shame on the game makers for not sorting out a decent save system! :-)

But I don't think they will change much if they do a sequel )which surely they will!) because its been such a hit! And they'll think - fuck the naysayers - if it ain't broke, don't fiz it!

Fair enough!

However I shall be trading that in with AMPED 3 for GEARS OF WAR!

Which just looks fucking mind blowingly good! Like, OH MY FUCKING GOOD GOD kind of good!

Any more thoughts on that other than my insightful ones? :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:10 am

;)

THAT IS A GOOD CHOICE MY FRIEND.

I will be joining you. I even got COD 3 last week... too many games... AAAGH! And that was because I traded some in!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:14 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Im all over the Wii. Perhaps I will get lucky and get to pick it up on launch day as I did with my 360. No waiting in line or anything, just drove to the store at 11:00 am and nabbed one!

How's that 360 doing...you LIVE yet?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby wonkabar on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:52 pm

wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:46 pm

Well, I've decided to get a 360 tomorrow. Fuck Sony and the donkey they road in on.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY

Next

Return to Games