XBOX 360 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu May 15, 2008 8:08 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Hollywood_Bob wrote:Here is a link to another article with regards to the new XBOX....looks like we may see blu-ray soon...

http://cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_23289.html

microsoft keeps on denying it though.

they may still be feeling things out or waiting to make a big annoucement, but I don't see as how they have much of a choice, do they?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu May 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:
Hollywood_Bob wrote:Here is a link to another article with regards to the new XBOX....looks like we may see blu-ray soon...

http://cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_23289.html

microsoft keeps on denying it though.

they may still be feeling things out or waiting to make a big annoucement, but I don't see as how they have much of a choice, do they?

I dont think they'll ever do an integrated bluray 360 but I do think theyll have an addon at some point, yes.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby JpPrewitt789 on Sun May 18, 2008 11:36 pm

Tell me that isn't mindblowingly awesome. TELL ME!
JpPrewitt789
REAL DRAGON

Re: XBOX 360 Thread

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:19 pm

I'm just finishing up the majority of my work for the summer, so I have about a good two-three week span where I can finally catch up on some of my game playing. This includes finishing the barely-started MASS EFFECT, ASSASSIN'S CREED, and GTA 4. Also continuing the franchise of MADDEN 08, rocking some ROCK BAND, and playing COD4 online. Sounds like good times. I started last night by playing a little COD 4, and about 15 minutes in, my screen went black. Yes, the console was just bricked. This was a launch console, and it was always good to me. :P

So now that I have a few weeks to actually play, I won't have an X-box. Oh, and my 360 is my DVD player to, so no movies either. :(

On the bright side, MS is giving me a free month of Xbox- Live Gold when I get my 360 back (or a new one).

Maybe I should feel lucky my launch 360 lasted this long.

Man, first Tim Russert, than Stan Winston, then Geroge Carlin, and now my 360. It's been a bad week.

RIP Xbox 360.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Ok everyone, FREE DARK KNIGHT GAMERPICS AND THEME ON LIVE! Download now...
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Heyoucantlaughatthat wrote:Ok everyone, FREE DARK KNIGHT GAMERPICS AND THEME ON LIVE! Download now...

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Figures. They finally have gamer pics that I would love to have, and my Xbox is in the shop. The humanity!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:49 pm

Damn man that stinks. You might be able to search marketplace for it later. They should be up for a while, still a few weeks until the movie actually comes out...
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:45 pm

New Dashboard out really soon... and there will be Avatars! see.....
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bayouwolf on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Alright...I've been using my 360 as my secondary DVD player for about a year now. Just recently (In the last 3 months) It's acting like an old tv when the V-hold would go bad. Typically on main menu screens, and anytime the screen shifts from a wide screen format to standard format. Usually it stops after the first time, but now it's constant. I thought it was the new dual layer stuff doing it, but I just got done (attempting to...) watch an older disc that never did it before, and it's doing the same thing as the new discs...
I have yet to have a problem playing any games, the screen never jumps like it does while I'm watching DVD's.

Is there a patch for the problem, or am I just moments away from the red ring of death.

:(
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Finally got one today.
Soul Calibur IV kicks ass.
Yoda looks really good.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Bayou wrote:Alright...I've been using my 360 as my secondary DVD player for about a year now. Just recently (In the last 3 months) It's acting like an old tv when the V-hold would go bad. Typically on main menu screens, and anytime the screen shifts from a wide screen format to standard format. Usually it stops after the first time, but now it's constant. I thought it was the new dual layer stuff doing it, but I just got done (attempting to...) watch an older disc that never did it before, and it's doing the same thing as the new discs...
I have yet to have a problem playing any games, the screen never jumps like it does while I'm watching DVD's.

Is there a patch for the problem, or am I just moments away from the red ring of death.

Does your TV do it on any other input? Or is it only your 360? Is it all the time on the 360 now?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:57 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Does your TV do it on any other input? Or is it only your 360? Is it all the time on the 360 now?

Not the TV. I'm using one set of the component inputs on the TV, (I tried both sets already) from the 360. I even swapped the cable for another cable just to be sure.

It's doing it for just about every DVD menu now. Not a single game is effected. I can get the flickering to stop by accessing the dashboard, if that helps with the troubleshooting.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:01 am

Bayou wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

Not the TV. I'm using one set of the component inputs on the TV, (I tried both sets already) from the 360. I even swapped the cable for another cable just to be sure.

It's doing it for just about every DVD menu now. Not a single game is effected. I can get the flickering to stop by accessing the dashboard, if that helps with the troubleshooting.

No clue man seems to be something wrong with the 360 though.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Bayou wrote:Alright...I've been using my 360 as my secondary DVD player for about a year now. Just recently (In the last 3 months) It's acting like an old tv when the V-hold would go bad. Typically on main menu screens, and anytime the screen shifts from a wide screen format to standard format. Usually it stops after the first time, but now it's constant. I thought it was the new dual layer stuff doing it, but I just got done (attempting to...) watch an older disc that never did it before, and it's doing the same thing as the new discs...

Only thing i could find about video problems was this:

wiki wrote:In mid 2007, technology and gaming blogs began reporting about new problems with the Xbox 360 losing video output. The problems are characterized by a blank or staticy video output with a proper functioning audio output and no flashing red lights on the console. The complete video failure is sometimes preceded by other graphical glitches such as an irregular saturation of green and/or red colors. Threads on Xbox.com forums suggest the problem is widespread. However, since the issue does not display the three flashing red lights indicative of general hardware failure, it is not covered under Microsoft's extended three year warranty.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bayouwolf on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:28 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:

wiki wrote:In mid 2007, technology and gaming blogs began reporting about new problems with the Xbox 360 losing video output. The problems are characterized by a blank or staticy video output with a proper functioning audio output and no flashing red lights on the console. The complete video failure is sometimes preceded by other graphical glitches such as an irregular saturation of green and/or red colors. Threads on Xbox.com forums suggest the problem is widespread. However, since the issue does not display the three flashing red lights indicative of general hardware failure, it is not covered under Microsoft's extended three year warranty.

Fuck fuckety fuck fuck fuck....
It never loses video on the game console side, even when using the component outputs, just DVD's.
I'm leery of cleaning the damn thing with much more than a DVD disc type cleaner. But If I gotta take the bastich apart I will.

I'm hoping a firmware update will fix the problem. ::crosses fingers:
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:12 am

TGS 08: New Xbox Experience hits November 19 worldwide

Posted Oct 8th 2008 11:45PM by Xav de Matos
Filed under: News

Microsoft has just announced that the New Xbox Experience will release worldwide on November 19. Originally announced during E3 2008, the New Xbox Experience rethinks the way the Xbox 360 dashboard works in nearly every conceivable way. Adding features such as Avatars, the ability to install games to a hard drive and better organization for content, the NXE has been at the forefront of nearly every Microsoft event since it was first revealed. The worldwide release will hit in 24 countries and will be localized in 19 different languages. We anticipate November 19 will be a busy day to sign into Xbox Live.

TGS 08: Tekken 6 lands on the Xbox 360 in Fall 09

Posted Oct 8th 2008 11:34PM by Xav de Matos
Filed under: News

Confirming a rumor that was hinted at long ago, Microsoft has just announced that another famed Namco Bandai fighter is hitting the Xbox 360. Landing in Fall 2009, Tekken 6 will find life on the Xbox 360.

Originally announced as a PlayStation 3 console-exclusive in 2005, Tekken 6 joins the brawling fray on the Xbox 360 late next year. Released in Japanese arcades on November 26, 2007, Tekken 6 is the first time the famed fighter will find itself on a Microsoft console. No other details have been announced.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby travis-dane on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:26 am

TGS 08: Tekken 6 lands on the Xbox 360 in Fall 09

Very, very COOL! :D
I love me some Tekken.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Bayou wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:

Fuck fuckety fuck fuck fuck....
It never loses video on the game console side, even when using the component outputs, just DVD's.
I'm leery of cleaning the damn thing with much more than a DVD disc type cleaner. But If I gotta take the bastich apart I will.

I'm hoping a firmware update will fix the problem. ::crosses fingers:

Mine went fuzzy yesterday so I turned it off to see if that would fix it. Turned it back on and I can hear everything but see nothing. No video at all. Never had any problems with it at all and now this. The suckiest thing is that I am still under the RRoD warranty but because this causes no red rings I am screwed...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Anyone know how to make the RRoD happen?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:35 am

Nail varnish?
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:00 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Anyone know how to make the RRoD happen?

This guy didn't
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:17 am

My Xbox RRoD all on its own!! I am soooooo Happy. Now I just have to find my receipt...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:31 am

I dont know if you need the reciept, I think the serial number at the back is enough. I dug out mine when my first RROD and im sure I didnt need to use it. Of course if u find your reciept, then its no problem, but if you dont, then dont panic. haha.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Fable 2 is now mine! Muahahaha! quite enjoying it but FFS Microsoft, release your stupid update so we can play it from our HDDs
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Just to let you guys know I sent it off last Friday and got a new one on Wednesday. Really fast turnaround. Pretty amazing. I just hope this one works...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Today is the day kids... the new Xbox experience is here... we'll it will be at least (stupid australia being in the future.... :?)

I'm excited about it, the avatars are growing on me but we'll seee how it all plays out.

So does anyone want to disscuss this new and very large change to the gaming world?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:25 pm

I'll discuss after I check it out.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 pm

Still 5 and half hours away....
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 am

Not a huge fan of the Avatars, the rest seems a lot more user friendly.
Things are a lot easier to find.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Not a huge fan of the Avatars, the rest seems a lot more user friendly.

You do look like you though...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:47 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:Not a huge fan of the Avatars, the rest seems a lot more user friendly.

Heh, the av's not quite pale enough.
The only other option would be that weird white shade, a bit too goth for my tastes.
That's my only real problem with the Avs, everyone kinda looks the same but with different hair.
Once they get some more customizable stuff & clothing DLC it'll be quite good.
Especially with the marketplace games that use your Av as your character.

In other breaking news: Super Street Fighter 2:HD Remix hits marketplace on the 26th.
Time to stock up on MS points.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:10 am

The new Xbox experience is badass. Especially for those that have a Netflix account. Streaming HD movies are the fucking bomb.

So much so that I've devolved into actually referring to something as "the fucking bomb."

I can see after using it for only a few minutes that I'll never miss the onld one. A definite upgrade.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:15 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:

Heh, the av's not quite pale enough.
The only other option would be that weird white shade, a bit too goth for my tastes.
That's my only real problem with the Avs, everyone kinda looks the same but with different hair.
Once they get some more customizable stuff & clothing DLC it'll be quite good.
Especially with the marketplace games that use your Av as your character.

Yeah I chose the pomp after playing around with the afro which is what I have but it looks to weird on there...

Nachokoolaid wrote:The new Xbox experience is badass. Especially for those that have a Netflix account. Streaming HD movies are the fucking bomb.

So much so that I've devolved into actually referring to something as "the fucking bomb."

I can see after using it for only a few minutes that I'll never miss the onld one. A definite upgrade.

Yeah I have been using the hell out of it today. It is really cool.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:10 am

The lack of Netflix for us non-American users is kinda weak.
Still, i see Sony are being wankers about it.

The "mini blades" when you hit the guide button are a nice touch though.

What's up with the friends tab thingy?
Some people have surround sound speakers behind their Av character, some have giant fucking robots, some have an original XBOX behind them...

Still ain't tried installing a game to the HDD.
I only have about 10 gig free anyway, so I'll probably give it a miss.
If you do intend on installing games, consult this guide to find out if it's actually worth it.
Also, Don't bother installing Halo 3.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:31 am

The lack of netflix to non US users is a shame. But moreso, even the XBOX movie download service isnt available here in Norway. I was hoping this all new upgrade would fix that, but it hasnt.
Just playing the old waiting game.
I can watch the trailers for the movies tho, which is a tease. Found some dreck called "Sharks in Venice" or some such wank.
I recommend checking it out, if only to see the worst Baldwin fighting sharks....in venice. (The free trailer that is, not the whole movie)
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:39 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:What's up with the friends tab thingy?
Some people have surround sound speakers behind their Av character, some have giant fucking robots, some have an original XBOX behind them....

I think it is just random. I changed my theme to night and now all you guys are in front of subways and graffitied buildings...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:00 pm

Finally got around to buying COD4 (Game of the year edition).
It's been £45 to £50 for a long time & amazon just slashed the price to £30.

So, if any of you zoners aren't too busy playing gears 2 & feel like kicking my ass, i should be playing it this weekend (if i'm not working).
That & Tiger Woods 09 which i manged to get for £24.99.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

R.I.P. XBOX 360 (Soulja Boy game out in '09)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:01 pm

sigh wrote:
Complex wrote: Would you ever want your own video game?

Soulja Boy wrote: I’m glad that you brought that up. Soulja Boy video game is coming for Xbox 360 in 2009. After I put the Xbox 360 challenge up on the Internet, it was over all these video game sites. And a couple video game companies hit me up on my email because I put the email on there too. And hit me up like, “Blah, blah, blah, blah.” So I was like, “Oh snaps!” So I forwarded to my management, and they forwarded to my label. And now we’re doing the video game. It was the same way I got signed for my music. It’s like history repeating itself, but instead of music this time it’s about video games.

sigh
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Re: R.I.P. XBOX 360 (Soulja Boy game out in '09)

Postby Fievel on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:49 pm

He is so eloquent.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:35 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:Finally got around to buying COD4 (Game of the year edition).

So, if any of you zoners aren't too busy playing gears 2 & feel like kicking my ass, i should be playing it this weekend (if i'm not working).

I'll kick your ass if you like King...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:11 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:Finally got around to buying COD4 (Game of the year edition).

I'll get it on PC so I can host some games :D

Kneel before my badass server. If enough people have got it we could do a full game wtih zoners (if anyone ever comes round these parts)

papalazeru

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:16 am

papalazeru wrote:
MonkeyM666 wrote:

I'll get it on PC so I can host some games :D

Kneel before my badass server. If enough people have got it we could do a full game wtih zoners (if anyone ever comes round these parts)

hello..... xbox 360 thread.... not PC nerd thread

:-P
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:52 pm

I have Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 for Xbox 360 and I heard there's a way to use custom videos as background videos. Does anybody here know how to do that? I'd love to have fight scenes from Transporter going by in the background while I'm dancing.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:31 pm

FFS.
I think my disk drive just died.
It's a relatively new 360 so i'm guessing it's a Liteon drive.
It's not reading movie DVDs, CDs or 360 game DVDs.
Anyone experienced this &/or know what i should do?

With the ps2 i just took it apart, raised the lens a little & gave it a clean.
Doing the same with a 360 that's less than 6months old would fuck up any chance of MS ever repairing it if it RROD'd.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:12 pm

I got Fable 2. Great game. However, there's some bug where my save is corrupted now, so I can't go back to it, and time is my most valuable commodity. I have precious little of it to play games, and I really don't feel like going back and playing half the game over again. It's frustrating though, because I was trying to get that real estate tycoon achievement. I have about 1.9 million in real eastate, and you need 2.5 for the achievement. So I don't even feel like starting over.

Plus I was married, and was trying to have a child (much to my fiance's delight, I named my in game wife after her). And that took a lot of effort too.

This is really frustrating because Fable 2 is a GREAT game with a few programming/testing flaws apparently tarnishing it's name.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:I got Fable 2. Great game. However, there's some bug where my save is corrupted now, so I can't go back to it, and time is my most valuable commodity. I have precious little of it to play games, and I really don't feel like going back and playing half the game over again. It's frustrating though, because I was trying to get that real estate tycoon achievement. I have about 1.9 million in real eastate, and you need 2.5 for the achievement. So I don't even feel like starting over.

Plus I was married, and was trying to have a child (much to my fiance's delight, I named my in game wife after her). And that took a lot of effort too.

This is really frustrating because Fable 2 is a GREAT game with a few programming/testing flaws apparently tarnishing it's name.

I heard about the corruption issue. Apparently it's less likely if you install the game on HD, it's got something silly to do with loading times from disc and stuff, it causes an error. Doesn't help you now though. I Haven't quite spent as much time as you on the game but my crowning achewivment is the swinger acheivement for inviting far too many people to bed at the same time :lol:

papalazeru

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:28 am

Settling down for a session on Gears 2 on sat evening, which I have only spent 40 minutes on so far, and got the RROD. Gahhhhhh!!
Thank god for the 3 year warranty, but this is the second time and im not a happy bunny.
Gonna call up indignant with rage and try and get an upgrade to an elite for my troubles. Doubt I will get it but worth a try.

@KON
If your 360 is still less than a year old, you dont have to pay for repairs to drive. Just take it back to the shop, if you still have the reciept. (Unless you bought it from woolworths :D )
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:46 pm

I bought one of those CD lens cleaners.
It's just a disk with tiny tiny bristles on a part of it.
I'm hoping it'll brush some shit off the lens & it'll work again.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:45 pm

My 360 has come down with a case of Red Rings of Death. I just shipped it off yesterday in the free box/shipping material Microsoft sent me. Good thing they extended the standard warranty for this alarmingly common problem.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Games