XBOX 360 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby wonkabar on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:55 am

Shit, I'm just getting ready to head to bed.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:13 am

Not now wonka! Some of us have work! :-)

But we need to arrange something :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:14 am

Indeed
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:21 am

Indeed indeed ;-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:07 am

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/752/752823p1.html

360 Leads Holiday Sales
But Nintendo was right on Microsoft's heels.
by Daemon Hatfield

January 2, 2007 - According to preliminary NPD data, the Xbox 360 was the best-selling console during the holiday season in the U.S. CNBC is reporting that Americans picked up two million units of Microsoft's system during the period.

But Nintendo was not far behind. In spite of limited availability, the Wii sold 1.8 million units from its launch until December 25. Sony only moved approximately 750,000 units of the PlayStation 3, due to manufacturing problems and decreased demand. Over the holidays, IGN repeatedly found PS3s available at retailers while no Wiis were in sight. The price of a PS3 on eBay has also dropped to around its MSRP, while the Wii is still selling for over twice its retail price.

NPD expects to release complete sales data for the holiday season later this month.

Update 1/3/07: It looks like CNBC misreported their sales data as coming from the NPD Group. It's not clear where CNBC got its data from, but NPD claims it wasn't them. NPD will release its holiday sales data on January 11. Who wants to take bets on how similar it will be to CNBC's?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby silentbobafett on Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:20 am

Well make sure you update us! I wanna know who won dammit! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Nordling on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:25 pm

At last... I have a 360.

I am lost in oblivion.

The game, too.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:05 pm

Nordling wrote:At last... I have a 360.

I am lost in oblivion.

The game, too.

Congrats.....you oblivion loving geek :P

I hate oblivion only because its infinity bores me. I have to admit I have the attention span of a goldfish on crack, but I cant stand RPG's. I only liked stealing stuff on that one. Its fun to steal steal steal. I remember in Morrowind I never got anywhere in it because I had spent so much time stealing. I had stockpiled amazing weapons and armor.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:21 pm

wonkabar wrote:http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/752/752823p1.html

360 Leads Holiday Sales
by Daemon Hatfield

January 2, 2007 - According to preliminary NPD data, the Xbox 360 was the best-selling console during the holiday season in the U.S. CNBC is reporting that Americans picked up two million units of Microsoft's system during the period.

But Nintendo was not far behind. In spite of limited availability, the Wii sold 1.8 million units from its launch until December 25. Sony only moved approximately 750,000 units of the PlayStation 3, due to manufacturing problems and decreased demand. Over the holidays, IGN repeatedly found PS3s available at retailers while no Wiis were in sight. The price of a PS3 on eBay has also dropped to around its MSRP, while the Wii is still selling for over twice its retail price.

NPD expects to release complete sales data for the holiday season later this month.

Update 1/3/07: It looks like CNBC misreported their sales data as coming from the NPD Group. It's not clear where CNBC got its data from, but NPD claims it wasn't them. NPD will release its holiday sales data on January 11. Who wants to take bets on how similar it will be to CNBC's?

I can attest to that PS3's were widely available in the states. I couldn't find a Wii anywhere but the PS3's were pretty much over-the-counter.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:35 pm

Dude, I havnt even found a Wii yet. I dunno about the PS3, but if I wanted a Wii, id never find one.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:38 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:

360 Leads Holiday Sales
by Daemon Hatfield

I can attest to that PS3's were widely available in the states. I couldn't find a Wii anywhere but the PS3's were pretty much over-the-counter.

This really surprises me... I thought many people were going to hold out for this as opposed to going in for the others.. The only problem that i have with the wii is that it looks a bit too gimicky and that after a few months i'd grow really tired of it... I have a 360 but thought this news is a little odd...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Nordling on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:46 pm

I loved MORROWIND. Still my favorite video game ever. When you accomplished something, dammit, you felt like you really did it.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:13 pm

thebostonlocksmith wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:

360 Leads Holiday Sales
by Daemon Hatfield

This really surprises me... I thought many people were going to hold out for this as opposed to going in for the others.. The only problem that i have with the wii is that it looks a bit too gimicky and that after a few months i'd grow really tired of it... I have a 360 but thought this news is a little odd...

I even got offered them at the counters at the normal high street stores. If I'd had wanted one, I'd have bought it. The huge jaggies on the rather plain Motorstorm put me off rather, too. It's a HUMUNGOUS machine too!

Personally I'd get it for Silent Hill 5 and anything by the Ico team, but atm my 360's doing the job. I'll give it a couple of years to see if it can attract me to the dark side (what with it being black and all)...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:44 pm

Yeah, I saw like six of 'em (PS-3's) on the shelf at Toys-R-Us over the holdays....right under the sign that read $599. No Wiis, most of the the 360 games and accessories were sold out.

Wii60 nation could hand Sony a very bad year.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:13 am

I do love my playstation but I have no alliance to a corporation so I hope that this really fucks up Sony... HOWEVER... I don't think it will!

Honestly

I think this is wishfull thinking and ignoring certain facts...

I think PS3 will rule!

I know sooo many fucking douches, good friends included, who are holding out for the PS3!

WHY!?!
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:15 am

Okay, I came on here to talk about a new game!

Has any one got this months offical XBOX 360 MAGAZINE?

Its featured game is CRACKDOWN: GTA with superhero's matrix style by the original GTA creator!!!

It looks fucking amazing! I'll find something on the net and post it!

BUT pick up this months issue even if you don't usually cos it has the best games of 2007 preview!

Including stuff on film games such as Spiedy 3 and hellboy! But also GTA4 aaaand:

My new fave game I cann't wait for:

APB!!!

Not a reissue of the old one but a new one where y ou can be cops or croocks in a MMO enviorment and... well... its hard to explain but it sounds fucking amazing!

:-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:04 am

That sounds coooooolllll.....

Is it only going onto the 360?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:33 am

Ok so I scored myself a 360 this evening and I have been playing GOW for 3 hours straight now...Fing awesome...I do have a question for veteran 360 owners...is it better to place the 360 flat or longways? does having it sit one way cause possible failure?
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:43 am

As long as you don't move it whilst the disc is in the drive you're ok. Personally I have it flat because it kinda makes more sense.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 am

Personally I have it vertical because it kinda makes more sense.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 am

How so?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:22 am

I just wanted to use the same words as you :P.

Vertically it saves a bit of space and I like the vents to have as much open space as possible, top and bottom.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:55 am

godzillasushi wrote:I just wanted to use the same words as you :P.

Vertically it saves a bit of space and I like the vents to have as much open space as possible, top and bottom.

I'm honoured and slightly creeped out. ;)

I guess it DOES make more sense, only I got nowhere to put it vertically.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:17 pm

The only bad part is having a pet or something, they could tip it over and that would knock the disc back behind the tray and maybe break something.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:22 pm

Mine is flat cos it seems to make more sense to me and I'm the kinda nob who woul dknock it over easily! BUT it does get VERY HOT this way! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:00 am

ok after two weeks of bliss with my XBOX 360 I am encountering major issues. First off when I have it set for HD my volume goes to crap...I can't hear anything when I am playing. ON regular tv mode it is ok which sucks...the next thing is while I can turn on the xbox with my controller....It will not let me turn it off or go to the dadshboard if I am playing a game. if I just tap the center X it gives me a description of what that button does and says it is not availible in demo mode. Is my XBOX in demo mode? How do I get it out?????? I need help!!!!

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:14 am

I think that I got it...I started the xbox without being on HD so it kicks it over into demo mode...sorry for the panic.

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 am

Hollywood_Bob wrote:I think that I got it...I started the xbox without being on HD so it kicks it over into demo mode...sorry for the panic.

I nearly threw up from the shock of it all...
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:59 am

Actually sushi that nausea was me, I put ipecac in your coffee. But only because you stuck me with that frag grenade 952.5 times last night. And by the way next time you have someone help me with the lawn, can you send me a guy who doesn't spend all day sniffing the gas tanks :o :wink:

On the subject of Microsoft - We returned a controller because it would not power up, come to find out all 6 batteries I had were ALL DEAD!

Whats worse is xbox support was who said; the controller's battery pack is shot and needs to be returned. Same thing happened last night with the new controller and I was livid - called support they said the same shit. My frustration ended when athena suggested I try the brand new batteries we'd just picked up from the store. Though I was certain the batteries I was using were new, I did as she said and sure enough .. like magic from the I told you so gods - it worked!

Still have to return our actual system this weekend because its freezing up on us daily, but at least we got that controller thing figured out. Yep, they need batteries and those batteries must work. I'm such a jackass!

FYI if when you put batteries in the controller and try to power it up and the lite comes on but only for a second - those are dead batteries and that is a completely different issue than the battery pack defects.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:54 pm

silentbobafett wrote:Okay, I came on here to talk about a new game!

Has any one got this months offical XBOX 360 MAGAZINE?

Its featured game is CRACKDOWN: GTA with superhero's matrix style by the original GTA creator!!!

It looks fucking amazing! I'll find something on the net and post it!

BUT pick up this months issue even if you don't usually cos it has the best games of 2007 preview!

Including stuff on film games such as Spiedy 3 and hellboy! But also GTA4 aaaand:

My new fave game I cann't wait for:

APB!!!

Not a reissue of the old one but a new one where y ou can be cops or croocks in a MMO enviorment and... well... its hard to explain but it sounds fucking amazing!

:-)

Just to respond to this, the demo for CRACKDOWN has been out for a while, and I really think people are going to LOVE this game, IF they give it a chance. Packaging the Halo 3 Beta with this game wasn't a dumb move my Microsoft, because it will automatically move more units, and after people actually play the game, the positive word of mouth will spread because it's actually pretty good.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:04 pm

I agree Nacho...I downloaded the demo and had a kick ass time playing it. If I could have I would have bought the full version right then. I like how it is a new take on the GTA style where now you are a cop rather than a Hood, but at the same time if you do enough damage the other cops will turn on you...

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:44 pm

IMHO I thought the game was horrible. I was not exactly a fan of the GTA games but this one is very frustrating. The targeting system couldnt be more frustrating. The textures aren't very fun to look at, even for a cell shaded game. The enemy AI is about as smart as a bag of wet mice. Maybe it's improved since the demo, but that is so far from likely....I did not enjoy Crackdown.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:13 pm

And now, of course, the question must be asked...

EXACTLY how smart is a bag of mice? And do we calculate the total IQ of the entire bag with like a mean average, or do we add each individially? These things MUST be known!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:16 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:And now, of course, the question must be asked...

EXACTLY how smart is a bag of mice? And do we calculate the total IQ of the entire bag with like a mean average, or do we add each individially? These things MUST be known!

If you feel a need and desire to figure that out...you might not be the best person to calculate it anyway lol.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:41 pm

I just thought I'd post this developer interview.

I seriously think this game, MASS EFFECT, will get 2007 Game of the Year. If it doesn't, it will be one of the finalists.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/756/756883p1.html

Just think of a really kick ass playable version of Star Trek, without Shatner.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:20 pm

And here's sort of a "What to look for in 2007" article. Three different critics pick their most anticipated titles of 07. Two of them agree with me with my pick of MASS EFFECT. My other picks = HALO 3, ASSASSIN'S CREED, BIOSHOCK, ALAN WAKE, BIA: Hell's Highway, and GUITAR HERO II.

Check it out.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/757/757362p1.html
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:29 pm

Okay...I am in a position to purchase a new game for my 360. However I am unsure as to what to grab...should I wait for crackdown?? I am willing to wait for Halo 3 so the online beta is not driving this decision...just curious as to what you guys thought would be a quality buy over a rental. I already own GOW and Madden 2007 so I am covered there...

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:40 pm

Well if you like racing games then im the person to talk too. Otherwise, I wouldnt know what you like. Some of my favorites are PGR3, Moto GP 06, Burnout: Revenge, Test Drive Unlimited, Uno, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Tomb Raider, Perfect Dark Zero, and DOA4. I also liked Amped 3 for the time I had it rented.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:44 pm

I have a rather wide taste when it comes to games...I try not to limit myself just to a specific genre...It is just that if I am going to buy a certain game then I want to be a quality game that I can play continually for a long time, otherwise I might as well just rent it until I beat the game.

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:46 pm

Well then may I suggest waiting for Forza 2 in May? I expect it to be one of the best racing games ever made, and it will last you for....well pretty much forever. It's my most anticipated game of 2007.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nordling on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:49 pm

I just got XBox Live this week. Last night I played Uno with two cops from Seattle and a perp they arrested a few years back for drug offenses and now he works as a mole for them. Maybe it was bullshit, but I work at a court and they had the lingo down. They were hilarious.

I freakin' love XBL.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby Nordling on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:50 pm

And MASS EFFECT is easily my most anticipated game. Can't get here fast enough.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:52 pm

Be careful on Uno. Its by far the best game on Arcade and verrry addicting. Plus normally there are some decent folks on there. You dont bump into many mouthy children running around a parentless world getting what they want like that one game...um...Gears of War.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:26 pm

Nordling wrote:And MASS EFFECT is easily my most anticipated game. Can't get here fast enough.

Ditto! If you can wait for this one, do so (to Bob).

If you didn't see the posts I made about this one, a few posts up, check it out.

Also, Guitar Hero II (coming in about a month and a half) is definitely worth waiting for as well.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:53 pm

I didn't want to make an entirely new thread for the new Spiderman game (mods, if you think one is necessary, feel free to break this off), but the new game looks like it's shaping up pretty nicely.

Check out this cool 3 page preview.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/spiderman3/news.html?sid=6166026
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nordling on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:29 am

XBox Live Members - CASTLEVANIA: SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT comes out this Wednesday! 800 points! Can't wait.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby zombieslayer on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:29 pm

but i just spent all my damned points on worms and alien... damn... I love me some SOTN...
zombieslayer
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:52 pm

The new version of the Xbox 360 will come out April 29th in the US.

Yahoo wrote:LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. said on Tuesday it will begin selling a new version of its Xbox 360 console that transmits high-definition video and comes with a larger hard drive in its latest effort to position the video game machine as a digital media hub.

Microsoft's new Xbox 360 Elite, with a 120-gigabyte hard drive and High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) port, will be available on April 29 in the United States and Canada for $479.99.

The hard drive on the new machine is six times bigger than the current high-end Xbox 360 model, which retails for $399.

Microsoft said the Elite hard drive has space to hold a library of arcade games and thousands of songs, as well as high-definition TV shows and movies downloaded from the company's Xbox LIVE online service.

"Today's games and entertainment enthusiast has an insatiable appetite for digital high-definition content," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft.

Microsoft said it will sell the Elite alongside existing Xbox 360 systems and it will offer the detachable 120 gigabyte hard drive for $179.99.

MULTIFRONT WAR

Microsoft released the Xbox 360 a full year ahead of Sony Corp.'s new PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s Wii, grabbing an early lead in the new, three-way video game console war.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 are also battling on the home entertainment front with each shooting to take control of the digital living room.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter said Microsoft is making a play for a niche market.

"Very few consumers will care," he said, noting that most gamers can probably get by with a 20-gigabyte hard drive while owners of pricey high-definition televisions are still a small percentage of the overall audience.

Sony's PS3 includes a next-generation, high-definition, Blu-ray DVD player that is slowly gaining popularity with movie buffs. Microsoft did not put a competing high-def DVD player in its console, but with the Elite, the world's biggest software maker is making its own assault on the living room.

Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said earlier this year it would offer an Xbox 360 that would double as a set-top box for Internet Protocol TV, or IPTV. Telephone carriers and cable companies provide set-top boxes to pipe high-definition movies and television into homes.

Executives at Sony, whose $600 high-end PS3 has racked up fewer sales than the Xbox 360 and Wii, said Microsoft's new console does not seem to address any consumer need.

"We're scratching our heads. They're fragmenting their product offering and fragmenting their consumer base," said Peter Dille, a Sony Computer Entertainment America senior vice president of marketing, who said Sony has no current plans to increase the size of its 60 gigabyte hard drive.

I hardly think Sony is in any position to be criticizing it.

I havnt got the need for a larger hard drive, most of us dont. But 2.5 years down the road I could see where this would come in handy. Plus its black. Ive been fairly suprised at how quickly I filled my hard drive the first time. Music and video along with a few demos adds up.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:22 pm

godzillasushi wrote:The new version of the Xbox 360 will come out April 29th in the US.

Yahoo wrote:LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. said on Tuesday it will begin selling a new version of its Xbox 360 console that transmits high-definition video and comes with a larger hard drive in its latest effort to position the video game machine as a digital media hub.

Microsoft's new Xbox 360 Elite, with a 120-gigabyte hard drive and High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) port, will be available on April 29 in the United States and Canada for $479.99.

The hard drive on the new machine is six times bigger than the current high-end Xbox 360 model, which retails for $399.

Microsoft said the Elite hard drive has space to hold a library of arcade games and thousands of songs, as well as high-definition TV shows and movies downloaded from the company's Xbox LIVE online service.

"Today's games and entertainment enthusiast has an insatiable appetite for digital high-definition content," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft.

Microsoft said it will sell the Elite alongside existing Xbox 360 systems and it will offer the detachable 120 gigabyte hard drive for $179.99.

MULTIFRONT WAR

Microsoft released the Xbox 360 a full year ahead of Sony Corp.'s new PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s Wii, grabbing an early lead in the new, three-way video game console war.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 are also battling on the home entertainment front with each shooting to take control of the digital living room.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter said Microsoft is making a play for a niche market.

"Very few consumers will care," he said, noting that most gamers can probably get by with a 20-gigabyte hard drive while owners of pricey high-definition televisions are still a small percentage of the overall audience.

Sony's PS3 includes a next-generation, high-definition, Blu-ray DVD player that is slowly gaining popularity with movie buffs. Microsoft did not put a competing high-def DVD player in its console, but with the Elite, the world's biggest software maker is making its own assault on the living room.

Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said earlier this year it would offer an Xbox 360 that would double as a set-top box for Internet Protocol TV, or IPTV. Telephone carriers and cable companies provide set-top boxes to pipe high-definition movies and television into homes.

Executives at Sony, whose $600 high-end PS3 has racked up fewer sales than the Xbox 360 and Wii, said Microsoft's new console does not seem to address any consumer need.

"We're scratching our heads. They're fragmenting their product offering and fragmenting their consumer base," said Peter Dille, a Sony Computer Entertainment America senior vice president of marketing, who said Sony has no current plans to increase the size of its 60 gigabyte hard drive.

I hardly think Sony is in any position to be criticizing it.

I havnt got the need for a larger hard drive, most of us dont. But 2.5 years down the road I could see where this would come in handy. Plus its black. Ive been fairly suprised at how quickly I filled my hard drive the first time. Music and video along with a few demos adds up.

Well since MS are now offering TV and Movie downloads in both high def and standard def it's no surprise that they're offering a larger harddrive, (Sony's online service can barely run games let alone deliver media), and a better video out option. I don't think it's designed to get current users to buy a new console, (though some might for HDMI), but rather to seem more appealing to people who still are sitting on the fence on which system to buy.

If you want to hear something ironic though, check this out. Virtua Tennis 3 is made to run on PS3; the xbox version is merely a port. Sadly, for Sony, the XBOX version actually runs better than it's PS3 counterpart, which is very strange indeed since it's a port, and features multiplayer. What does this mean? Nothing much, its just funny, but it certainly indicates that Virtua Fighter 5 should also run better when that comes along too.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:32 am

It blows my mind that developers are even porting from the PS3 to the 360. I mean, why not go the other way? That was the problem last generation. They made games for the PS2, then ported to Cube and Xbox. It dont think any console is more or less difficult to develop for. If anything, the 360 is a little bit more friendly. Anyway, Virtua Tennis is just the first of many. Just wait for when Devil May Cry gets ported to a better version :P

And you pretty much convinced me to buy VT3.....I just have to get over there and pick it up here in the near future.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Games