XBOX 360 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:27 pm

In sega's case they have to port since the arcade version of VT3 is running on PS3 based architecture, but you needn't worry since most people are pretty sure that Sony's ability to attract exclusives has been deminished; you will be seeing ports from 360 to PS3 rather than the other way around. Possibly the most famous port being Assasins Creed, (another game i cannot wait for), which was touted as a PS3 exclusive and shown to the public running on 360 dev hardware...LMFAO

And yeh. There was some buzz about Devil May Cry being ported to 360 aswell. Developers simply can't afford to make exclusives for Sony anymore with Microsoft having 10 Million systems out there.

Just wait to hear the fanboy whining when it's announced officially that Metal Gear Solid 4 will also be recieving the 360 treatment. Watch this space.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:36 pm

Oh DMC4 has been confirmed actually....its officially on the 360 along with Ace Combat (yea I dont care about AC either) which makes for an interesting year. Dead Rising was supposed to be ported over to the PS3 wasnt it? I read that somewhere. Anyway, exclusives seem silly to me when the developers make way more money spreading it over. Last gen they passed over the Xbox and Cube way to much. Now the tables have turned. The difference is the installed user base of the PS3 is sooo low. And Wii stuff doesnt get ported, nor does the Wii get ports, because of lack of power and specifically designed stuff. Different times from even the N64 - PSone / SNES - Genesis days. "The good times."
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:55 pm

If you are talking about classic gaming there's really only one system for me, the PC Engine, (and the TurbGrafx if you want to be technical), i fucking loved that machine. It's still got pride of place in my collection; it was also the first console to have a CD-Rom add on...oh and it had Splatterhouse too :P

That said, the Genesis, (or Megadrive as it was called here), and SNES have their fair share of classic games too. Ah memories..

I'm not sure about Dead Rising but i was reading yesterday that Lost Planet is getting a PS3 treatment. I imagine Capcom want to stay pally with Sony and they feel honorbound to do business with them being Japanese companies and all that....but they know where the money is. Next time there's a games story on the main page check out for Johnno's posts...biggest sony fanboy every...can't wait to tell him about those ports..he'll have an aneurism...

Oh and since you're a racing fan sushi..have you seen this rally game yet?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/776/776484p1.html

I think that looks hot!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:50 pm

YES! Your totally awesome to me now. The biggest problem in America is that none of us like rally racing. Everyone enjoys watching cars go around in circles, but when it comes to anything open wheeled or somewhat exciting, we ignore it. I happen to be a huge fan of the Mcrae games. 04' was probably my favorite over 03' and 05'. Anyway, yes it will be bought! I dont know if your a fan of Rallisport Challenge 2, but thats one of my favorite games ever. I love it sooo much. Im hoping DIRT can fill that void since I havnt had a rally game in forever. We didnt get Richard Burns, I heard that one was pretty good. As long as DIRT varies the courses a bit ill be happy. As much as I liked the series, many routes have a lot of repitition built into them. The one thing RSC2 didnt suffer from.

Do you play Toca 2 or Forza? Those are some other sim favs of mine. We must start a Forza 2 car club when it comes out!

Anyway, what consoles do you own? I am curious to compare mine to yours since I own pretty much everything from my generation.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:32 pm

godzillasushi wrote:It blows my mind that developers are even porting from the PS3 to the 360. I mean, why not go the other way? That was the problem last generation. They made games for the PS2, then ported to Cube and Xbox. It dont think any console is more or less difficult to develop for. If anything, the 360 is a little bit more friendly. Anyway, Virtua Tennis is just the first of many. Just wait for when Devil May Cry gets ported to a better version :P

And you pretty much convinced me to buy VT3.....I just have to get over there and pick it up here in the near future.

In response to the difficulty of programming for a system, the PS3 is actually much tougher to program for. Developers have commented that its tools are less user friendly than the 360s. Examples of this are the recent MLB game, which took the PS3 version several extra months of development time to program the same game when compared to the 360.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby pomeroy on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:35 pm

Lost Planet is still exclusive.
pomeroy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:47 pm

Sorry, my german isn't too hot. I was checking some news on gamefront.de and it was talking about Lost Planet on PS3. Now i've had a chance to double check and look at the Capcom forums i can see now that it's not the case.

http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showpost.php?p=225626&postcount=6

That's the official line so, yeh, neither Dead Rising or Lost Planet are heading to PS3...however, the post doesn't go so far as saying they will never appear, rather, 'not as far as current plans go'. Never rule anything out with games.

Sushi, i would love to play some Forza 2 with you when the game comes out. In the meantime, if you wanna play some PGR let me know and i'll try and get a copy of Toca 2, (is it playable on 360?). I was thinking if everyone in the Zone got a copy of Forza we could set up a league and do some cool car designs....just an idea.

As for Rally games, i love 'em but since DiRT is the first next gen game rally game i thought i'd mention it. The graphics looks amazing...i cannot wait to give that a go too.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:57 pm

Anyone else going to be ripping it up on Guitar Hero 2 for the 360? According to the devs, this game will "have more downloadable content than any other game in gaming history."

Sounds promising. This game is so addictive.

Also, I didn't get to see the GTA 4 preview, but I heard that the protagonist is an "Eastern Bloc" type. Cool direction, if you ask me. I'd love to see the Russian mafia involved or something. I'm just stoked this is coming to the 360 on launch, even though I'm not a huge GTA fan.

And of course, I'm most excited about MASS EFFECT. Anyone else looking forward to this game? It's like Star Trek+Star Wars+Elder Scrolls = MASS EFFECT.

That sounds too cool to pass up. It's my #1 anticipated game, above Halo 3.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:46 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Anyone else going to be ripping it up on Guitar Hero 2 for the 360? According to the devs, this game will "have more downloadable content than any other game in gaming history."

Also, I didn't get to see the GTA 4 preview, but I heard that the protagonist is an "Eastern Bloc" type. Cool direction, if you ask me. I'd love to see the Russian mafia involved or something. I'm just stoked this is coming to the 360 on launch, even though I'm not a huge GTA fan.

And of course, I'm most excited about MASS EFFECT. Anyone else looking forward to this game? It's like Star Trek+Star Wars+Elder Scrolls = MASS EFFECT.

Mass Effect is the game i want most AFTER Forza Motorsport 2. Everything i've seen on the game just screams quality. I have to admit i'm pretty psyched for a good RPG...and yes, i'm aware of Oblivion, i just couldn't get into it. The other RPG i'm interested in is Too Human. That's BioWare too i think.

Oh and for Forza fans, OXM announced the Forza2 demo is coming this month :D
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:50 am

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Oh and for Forza fans, OXM announced the Forza2 demo is coming this month :D

*Cheers*

Forza fans, so thats what, you and I? :P Very cool news though. Ill go pick up the issue just for that. Should we (I) expect a marketplace demo?
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:20 am

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:The other RPG i'm interested in is Too Human. That's BioWare too i think.

No that's Silicon Knights.

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Oh and for Forza fans, OXM announced the Forza2 demo is coming this month :D

Expect a marketplace demo a month after that.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fawst on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:29 pm

Mass Effect looks insane. There's a great video on the Live Marketplace that shows off a little of the Galaxy map and a bit of action on a hostile planet. Pretty amazing stuff. And I love that what's her name from Power Puff Girls does a voice :D

Also, the video for GTAIV is up on the Marketplace for anyone that missed that. I've been using that as the "Oh shit" test to see who freaks out over it and who doesn't. I personally feel that of all the game trailers OF ALL TIME, that it seriously is a contender for the title of Best. The music, the presentation, the "WOW" factor... it's all there. It's more of a teaser, really, but damn!

Hey, Konami put MGS2 out on the Xbox, I don't see why MGS4 can't come out. I know they were designing it with the PS3 hardware in mind, but come on... I'm sure they can pull the same effect off on the 360. Then again, Kojima DID say he wants to make a game on the 360... maybe we'll get MGS4: The Other Version kinda like MGS3: Subsistence? *shrug*
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:38 pm

Fawst wrote:Also, the video for GTAIV is up on the Marketplace for anyone that missed that. I've been using that as the "Oh shit" test to see who freaks out over it and who doesn't. I personally feel that of all the game trailers OF ALL TIME, that it seriously is a contender for the title of Best. The music, the presentation, the "WOW" factor... it's all there. It's more of a teaser, really, but damn!

Psh your wrong, but I forgive you :wink: :lol:

So when are you finally gonna join us in some GoW action?!?! You cant avoid us in Burnout forever. Ill find you in there.

Oh and my own little personal announcement....im the greatest Xbox 360 gamer in the history of the world. I got the island tour race achievement in Test Drive Unlimited this weekend. Thats a 1 1/2 hour race around the entire island of Oahu. Yes....I am the greatest.

In fact, I have 16,300 something reasons why im the greatest. Can you touch this? Well no, because im to good. Ill give a million dollors to anyone who can match my gamerscore! You know why? Because I know no one can. There can only be one "greatest". Theres only room for me. No one else. I am a winner even when I lose.

Oh and I have another personal announcement.....I got 20 kills in a Gears of War match last night. Yes 20. That would be a first, for anyone, ever. Send me your addresses and ill send you my autograph on a photo of me signing an autograph. Hang it on your wall for everyone to see. Own a peice of history. Its like your own personal museum of greatness, right in your living room next to the family portrate. Dont forget to frame it. Greatness enjoys a great frame. Im going to write a theme song I think...

Sushi is the greatest
He is the man
He plays with the grace of an eagle
And the power of a muscular cheetah that ran

He makes everyone around him better
He forgot how to lose
He even beat Athena and Trevor, while they drank their booze

Godzilla, your so sexy
Thats what the ladies say about my greatness
Im a superhero to the kids
And Brad Pitt to the women

I look great in the game
And even better saying my real life name
You feel that rumbling?
Thats me, Godzilla, the greatness making everything go tumbling

(chorus)

Godzilla, your the greatest....great....greater....greatest
Godzilla, your the man....the manliest man
Godzilla, how do you do it?
Well because im Godzilla, I was just born this way.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:56 pm

Uhm...ok...Ever considered professional help?
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fawst on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:28 pm

XBOXSTOLEHISLIFEILASH!!!

Actually, if you see I'm online and playing Burnout, there's a 75% chance that's actually my fiancee playing. But yah, I need to hop on and play against you sometime. You'll own me, I know it. Not because of your sick gamer score, but because last night I got 4 kills, 4 downs and 1 revive in a best of 3 match. That's my personal best out of maybe 15 online matches to date :)
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:34 pm

Fawst wrote:XBOXSTOLEHISLIFEILASH!!!

Actually, if you see I'm online and playing Burnout, there's a 75% chance that's actually my fiancee playing. But yah, I need to hop on and play against you sometime. You'll own me, I know it. Not because of your sick gamer score, but because last night I got 4 kills, 4 downs and 1 revive in a best of 3 match. That's my personal best out of maybe 15 online matches to date :)

Did you hear about my 20 kills? I found time to get a few revives in that match too. Im a really good teammate like that. Usually im the greatest when it comes to being a good teammate.

I actually love Burnout BTW.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:32 am

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:[quote="Nachokoolaid" ]Anyone else going to be ripping it up on Guitar Hero 2 for the 360? According to the devs, this game will "have more downloadable content than any other game in gaming history."

Mass Effect is the game i want most AFTER Forza Motorsport 2. Everything i've seen on the game just screams quality. I have to admit i'm pretty psyched for a good RPG...and yes, i'm aware of Oblivion, i just couldn't get into it. The other RPG i'm interested in is Too Human. That's BioWare too i think.

Oh and for Forza fans, OXM announced the Forza2 demo is coming this month :D[/quote]

No, Too Human is Silicon Knights, the team that made the GREAT GREAT GREAT Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube (one of the top titles for that system, for sure).

Anyway, I'm having a blast on Guitar Hero 2. The 360 updates are great. I'm digging the new songs. This game is stealing my sleep.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nordling on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:34 am

Yeah, when I hit the whammy bar on a particularly long note... I feel like a God.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:12 am

I guess from your comments its kinda obvious but is Guitar Hero atually any good? I mean, it just looks like it wouldn'tbe!

it looks like a kids toy with a couple of songs that afte ryou've hit the keys a few times you're gonna be tired of it

Does it acutally have a longevity to it? And it actually feels good? Or does it feel like a cheap kids toy from Poundland? :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:19 am

silentbobafett wrote:I guess from your comments its kinda obvious but is Guitar Hero atually any good? I mean, it just looks like it wouldn'tbe!

it looks like a kids toy with a couple of songs that afte ryou've hit the keys a few times you're gonna be tired of it

Does it acutally have a longevity to it? And it actually feels good? Or does it feel like a cheap kids toy from Poundland? :-)

You'd be surprised how addictive a game like that can be. As daft as it looks and as silly as you feel first time you pick up that playskool guitar it you get into it really quick. It's a great game to play if you've got friends over too.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:21 am

silentbobafett wrote:I guess from your comments its kinda obvious but is Guitar Hero atually any good? I mean, it just looks like it wouldn'tbe!

It's honestly one of the most addicting games I've ever played. I guess you have to like rock music, but not necessarily. The thing that's great is that the different difficulty levels make it so that anyone, whether beginner or expert, can really enjoy it while being challenged. It just makes it feel like you're playing the song. I can learn about 20 songs well enough in an evening. On a real guitar, it would take you 20 evenings to learn one song. Big difference there. I always play on Medium, and that's quite difficult enough.

ANd it's well put together. As long as you're not banging the guitar around, it will last. The one small complaint I have is that for left handed folks like me, it seems like the star power doesn't kick in when you tilt the guitar up as easily as right handed, but it's still not a problem.

If you like rock music, I'd definitely check it out.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:29 am

I'm a big fan of Rock music. After OST's its my fave type.

But its not McFly or Rooster kind of rock music is it? Couple of examples?

Do I have to hit certain buttons in time when they appear on screen? Like DDR but with fingers?

Cos I can never do that shit... but I'll be honest, hearing you guys on about it is getting me tempted!

Can you play on line? Like could we have showdown or play together? :-) lol
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:50 am

silentbobafett wrote:I'm a big fan of Rock music. After OST's its my fave type.

But its not McFly or Rooster kind of rock music is it? Couple of examples?

Do I have to hit certain buttons in time when they appear on screen? Like DDR but with fingers?

Cos I can never do that shit... but I'll be honest, hearing you guys on about it is getting me tempted!

Can you play on line? Like could we have showdown or play together? :-) lol

This should help you. Lots of good info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_II

There are complete track listings there, for the ps2 and the Xbox 360.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:57 am

Thanks and cheers dude! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:06 am

Is anyone starting to think that the 360ers are starting to become a zone within a zone.. We need to get others to get online....and then when halo comes up we can up the zoner players on a map to 16!
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:44 am

So I looked at the song list and I really want that game. But, it seems like theres so much potential for more songs. Thats a small track listing considering. I can think of a 100 more songs to go on there. I know they want to put out downloadable ones but....how much? I mean if its expensive then I would be hessitant to bother. Even DDR comes with a hefty amount of songs. Oh, and I read somewhere that all the songs are actually covers of the originals, thats not true is it?
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 am

godzillasushi wrote:So I looked at the song list and I really want that game. But, it seems like theres so much potential for more songs. Thats a small track listing considering. I can think of a 100 more songs to go on there. I know they want to put out downloadable ones but....how much? I mean if its expensive then I would be hessitant to bother. Even DDR comes with a hefty amount of songs. Oh, and I read somewhere that all the songs are actually covers of the originals, thats not true is it?

Wikipedia wrote:Both the PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 versions of Guitar Hero II feature the same core 64 playable songs. Most of the songs featured are cover versions, with the exception of "Stop!", "Dead!", "Possum Kingdom", "John the Fisherman", and the 24 unlockable bonus songs (which are original artist performances). Cover songs are credited on screen with the phrase "as made famous by" (e.g. "Surrender, as made famous by Cheap Trick"), while the original songs are credited with "as performed by" (e.g. "John the Fisherman, as performed by Primus").

Most of the covers are really well produced, with some that are hard to distinguish from the originals, like "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas and "Monkey Wrench" by the Foo Fighters.
Last edited by Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nordling on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 am

They are covers, but really, you'll only notice it a little bit. They sound really dead-on.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:58 am

Except for a few like "Killing in the Name" which sounds pretty bad. It's like a karoke version after the singer had taken a few shots.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:32 pm

Those songs, from Kansas and FF, would seem hard to cover because the singers voices are so unique though. Does the singing actually sound good? Because thats key. Anyone can play the songs instrumentally!

Eh I just looked. Hmmm, well if you all say its a good game...
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Hey Sushi, did you get Virtua Tennis 3 or what?
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:39 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Hey Sushi, did you get Virtua Tennis 3 or what?

:oops:

I will someday! Promise!

Did you hear Forza 2 is coming here in NA on May 15th? ALMOST HERE!

Thats my way of changing the subject from my lack of purchasing power for VT3 because I forget every time.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:45 pm

Part of me wants to go out and pick up a game tonight, but I have GoW, Burnout Revenge and Dead Rising to play. Those three alone are enough to keep me occupied essentially. I still am not ready to throw my life away to Oblivion.

Sushi, you're the God Gamer of the Zone, an ode was even written to you, BY you ;) What games should I pick up?
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:14 pm

godzillasushi wrote:

I will someday! Promise!

Thats my way of changing the subject from my lack of purchasing power for VT3 because I forget every time.

OH MY GOD!!!! HAVE YOU SEEN THESE PGR4 SHOTS???

The pics aren't the best but they're legit, scanned from a magazine. Anyway..check the pics...

ImageThats fucking snow man!!!!!

As far as i know, i dont think even IGN have shown anything of this game. The weather effects are a nice touch. It'll be cool to race around on snow too.

Oh man...First Forza 2...then PGR4....

Amazing...total bliss :D
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:15 pm

Thanks to those who put up with my gears ineptitutude tonight, and for the invite athena. Good fun but long past my bed time. back to buckaroo banzai and wakin up on my couch for me!!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:20 pm

and for those curious about dead rising co-op....
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157677
could be rollox, but i hope its true.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby zombieslayer on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
Fawst wrote:Also, the video for GTAIV is up on the Marketplace for anyone that missed that. I've been using that as the "Oh shit" test to see who freaks out over it and who doesn't. I personally feel that of all the game trailers OF ALL TIME, that it seriously is a contender for the title of Best. The music, the presentation, the "WOW" factor... it's all there. It's more of a teaser, really, but damn!

Psh your wrong, but I forgive you :wink: :lol:

So when are you finally gonna join us in some GoW action?!?! You cant avoid us in Burnout forever. Ill find you in there.

Oh and my own little personal announcement....im the greatest Xbox 360 gamer in the history of the world. I got the island tour race achievement in Test Drive Unlimited this weekend. Thats a 1 1/2 hour race around the entire island of Oahu. Yes....I am the greatest.

In fact, I have 16,300 something reasons why im the greatest. Can you touch this? Well no, because im to good. Ill give a million dollors to anyone who can match my gamerscore! You know why? Because I know no one can. There can only be one "greatest". Theres only room for me. No one else. I am a winner even when I lose.

Oh and I have another personal announcement.....I got 20 kills in a Gears of War match last night. Yes 20. That would be a first, for anyone, ever. Send me your addresses and ill send you my autograph on a photo of me signing an autograph. Hang it on your wall for everyone to see. Own a peice of history. Its like your own personal museum of greatness, right in your living room next to the family portrate. Dont forget to frame it. Greatness enjoys a great frame. Im going to write a theme song I think...

Sushi is the greatest
He is the man
He plays with the grace of an eagle
And the power of a muscular cheetah that ran

He makes everyone around him better
He forgot how to lose
He even beat Athena and Trevor, while they drank their booze

Godzilla, your so sexy
Thats what the ladies say about my greatness
Im a superhero to the kids
And Brad Pitt to the women

I look great in the game
And even better saying my real life name
You feel that rumbling?
Thats me, Godzilla, the greatness making everything go tumbling

(chorus)

Godzilla, your the greatest....great....greater....greatest
Godzilla, your the man....the manliest man
Godzilla, how do you do it?
Well because im Godzilla, I was just born this way.

Holy crap, 'Zilla- I need to start singing this every time I beat you!
zombieslayer
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby zombieslayer on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 pm

Hermanator X wrote:and for those curious about dead rising co-op....
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157677
could be rollox, but i hope its true.

that will make the game 500% awesome.
right now, it's too hard. I'm delicate.
zombieslayer
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:15 am

We've been talking a lot about Guitar Hero 2, but it looks like the future of the music game/experience is coming. This sounds beyond awesome...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/rockband/news.html?sid=6168398&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;3
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:51 pm

I posted this in the GTA 4 thread, but I thought it was worth a repeat here, since a large part is about the speculation of 2K Games use of the Natural Motion Euphoria engine for All-Pro Football 2K8. Since EA bought the NFL license, the quality of football games has dropped significantly. I'm hoping that 2K games can freshen things up and bring us a REAL next-gen experience.

Here's what I posted:

Nachokoolaid wrote:If you haven't seen the awesomeness, check out the videos here...

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/772/772585/vids_1.html

Supposedly, Take Two is using this tech for their secret All Pro Football 2K8. Madden killer? Quite possibly. I think NFL 2K5 is the best football game ever made, so with this tech added to the mix, I think they are onto something special.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:05 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

I will someday! Promise!

OH MY GOD!!!! HAVE YOU SEEN THESE PGR4 SHOTS???

The pics aren't the best but they're legit, scanned from a magazine. Anyway..check the pics...

As far as i know, i dont think even IGN have shown anything of this game. The weather effects are a nice touch. It'll be cool to race around on snow too.

Oh man...First Forza 2...then PGR4....

Amazing...total bliss :D

Wow the weather effects look really good. That was one thing I missed from PGR 3 was weather that the second one had. It looks great dude. DIRT, this, and Forza, gonna be a great racing year! Here's hoping they give us a little more variety in the track category. Great find!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 pm

Fawst wrote:Part of me wants to go out and pick up a game tonight, but I have GoW, Burnout Revenge and Dead Rising to play. Those three alone are enough to keep me occupied essentially. I still am not ready to throw my life away to Oblivion.

Sushi, you're the God Gamer of the Zone, an ode was even written to you, BY you ;) What games should I pick up?

Well you have some good ones already right there. I would toss in some that I enjoy. If you like fighters, I love Dead or Alive 4. Tomb Raider Legends turned out to be a fun game, and you can get that for cheap. Test Drive Unlimited is pleasant. Amped 3 was really fun. PGR3 is a blast and you can get that cheap. Oblivion is the ultimate life-waster but its great. Prey wasn't too bad. F.E.A.R. was a pretty good port. Kameo is nice for that simple platformer. I like Perfect Dark. I haven't played Dead Rising but it looked fun. You should go check out my gamerscore and find games you might be interested in. I can let you know what I thought about them. I played every game up to the release of Obvlivion, and checked out quite a few since then.

If I were you, I would avoid Sonic the Hedgehog, The Outfit, Auto Assault (or whatever it's called), Quake 4, Gun, Ridge Racer 6, all 2006 sports games....much of the stuff that launched early on.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:54 pm

Nifty, thanks :) I downloaded the demos for PGR3, NFS Carbon and ... uhh ... something else overnight. I forget what, now. Oh yah, Splinter Cell:DA. Will be checking those out in about a half hour when I get home from work.

I REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY want to play Oblivion. Thing is, I'm going to need to clear out my calendar between that and Mass Effect. Not to mention the two from the guy who made Final Fantasy...

Speaking of Final Fantasy, anyone else hear that Square has licensed Unreal Engine 3? White Engine is still being used for FFXIII, but damn... something tells me we WILL be getting FF on the 360 in that case.

...maybe that long-rumored remake of FFVII?

Nah.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:18 pm

I thought Splinter Cell DA was great...just remember to make and keep saves on each level so you can get all the achievments without restarting the game or playing the solo missions...

The RPG i really want is Blue Dragon..that's going to be the business. Comes on 3 discs. Mass Effect though is going to be awesome.

I havent seen anyting on it for a while..but Huxley looked very promising too. A MMORPG that used Unreal 3. It was supposed to be coming to 360 and PC but it's gone quiet..i'll look it up later.

Speaking of Unreal 3. It turns out Capcom has licenced it too. There's a story floating around that it's going to be the engine used in Resident Evil 5...should be interesting.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:33 am

HATED HATED HATED the handlin gon PGR3. The racing seemed slow and the cars response time and"feel" was just all off to me!

Own the game, but never play it!

If I want to feel an extreme rush and pure speed with adreneline pumping through me onto the control pad I'll stick in Burnout: Revenge.

If I want to feel the subtle or on subtle differences in cars of all types that will offer me the freedom and realism of the real world: I'll stick on TDU

Other than that, its going to have be something special to beat it!

I've heard good things about Dirt, but isn't it a rally game? I'm sure it'll be great, and I love the idea of rallying, but I hate that I have no one to race against! Its just me versus a clock, and then afterwards I find out how I rank.

I want to be going down a country lane picking up speed, with a sharp cliff faced corner coming up, trees on the other side, as the car behind me is tail gateing,w aiting for the righ tmoment, but my mind is on the guy in front who I'm going to try and slip inside of on the corner, sendint he guy behind thundering up his arse... then if it was a game like burnout, they'd both fly off the cliff face! AHH HHAAA!!

But sadly, these "realistic" games, off the thrills and spills of real life - which are often to tame! At least in game format! :-)

My thought and opnions only... :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:16 am

silentbobafett wrote:HATED HATED HATED the handlin gon PGR3. The racing seemed slow and the cars response time and"feel" was just all off to me!

Own the game, but never play it!

If I want to feel an extreme rush and pure speed with adreneline pumping through me onto the control pad I'll stick in Burnout: Revenge.

If I want to feel the subtle or on subtle differences in cars of all types that will offer me the freedom and realism of the real world: I'll stick on TDU

Other than that, its going to have be something special to beat it!

I've heard good things about Dirt, but isn't it a rally game? I'm sure it'll be great, and I love the idea of rallying, but I hate that I have no one to race against! Its just me versus a clock, and then afterwards I find out how I rank.

I want to be going down a country lane picking up speed, with a sharp cliff faced corner coming up, trees on the other side, as the car behind me is tail gateing,w aiting for the righ tmoment, but my mind is on the guy in front who I'm going to try and slip inside of on the corner, sendint he guy behind thundering up his arse... then if it was a game like burnout, they'd both fly off the cliff face! AHH HHAAA!!

But sadly, these "realistic" games, off the thrills and spills of real life - which are often to tame! At least in game format! :-)

My thought and opnions only... :-)

Ideally, you'll get the experience you want in Multiplayer DIRT. That said, I can think of one or two racing games that do feature single player modes with competition cars.

What I'd really like to see is Codemasters have a crack at bringing a new TOCA game to the 360. That would be nice since the TOCA games feature a nice variety of car types and track types.

Got to disagree with you on PGR3 though :( I thought the handling on the game was brilliant although I would think it would feel better running at 60FPS..Rumour is PGR4 will be clocking in at 60FPS so that should make things feel a lot smoother in the long run.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:44 am

Geeze Boba, Europeans are supposed to love Rally Racing! We have nothing here in the states and it drives me up the frakking wall. Only time I ever got to watch it on TV was the X-games last year.

And a new TOCA would be fantastic. Codemasters tends to focus on the gameplay more then the graphics though....they gotta change that. I would love to see a Rallisport Challenge 3. The second was pretty much the best rally game ever IMO.

And 60FPS on PGR4 is wonderful news. 60FPS will make Forza 2 so much better, imagine what PGR4 will be like. How could you not like PGR3!!! Its a great racing game. It is never meant to be anything more than style racing.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:50 am

Maybe I just didn't give it enough time to progress.

BUt I would like to have slid in the corners and screeched out the other side.

I found the cars just handled slow and hard. So going into a corner I'd have to slow down to about 5 mph!

Now some people like this, I have friends that do, but for me. Its tooooo slow!

I want to hit corners at 100mph and zoom out at 200mph (okay maybe an exageration... or maybe not! Burnout baby! BURN-FUCKING-OUT! :-) )
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:16 pm

silentbobafett wrote:Maybe I just didn't give it enough time to progress.

BUt I would like to have slid in the corners and screeched out the other side.

I found the cars just handled slow and hard. So going into a corner I'd have to slow down to about 5 mph!

Now some people like this, I have friends that do, but for me. Its tooooo slow!

I want to hit corners at 100mph and zoom out at 200mph (okay maybe an exageration... or maybe not! Burnout baby! BURN-FUCKING-OUT! :-) )

What you are talking about really is arcade racing. Something like Scud Race was...maybe even Ridge Racer.

Mind, i have to say, i can make those cars on PGR3 scream round those corners...

Manual gears all the way baby!!!

As for TOCA...i recall being very impressed with the graphics in Toca 2. I do know what you mean though sushi. So bearing that in mind, given the seemingly remarkable graphics Codemasters have put in DiRT, i'd say a new TOCA would probably be very nice looking.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Fawst on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:29 pm

I played the demos for PGR3 and NFS Carbon last night. Ok, so the best thing about that game was the graphics. It really did look impressive. I agree with the ultra slowness of the game. Burnout ruined me, because that game is so damn fast. Before that, the only game I can think of that had that sort of visceral speed element was Wipeout. Actually, Extreme-G was good too.

NFSC was just... ouch. No good. Looks nice, love the autosculpting, but damn...

I used to LOVE racing games. GT on the PS was amazing at the time. Wipeout was awesome (the music made it better than it really was). I guess the arcade style racing is more for me.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Games