XBOX 360 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Fawst wrote:I played the demos for PGR3 and NFS Carbon last night. Ok, so the best thing about that game was the graphics. It really did look impressive. I agree with the ultra slowness of the game. Burnout ruined me, because that game is so damn fast. Before that, the only game I can think of that had that sort of visceral speed element was Wipeout. Actually, Extreme-G was good too.

NFSC was just... ouch. No good. Looks nice, love the autosculpting, but damn...

I used to LOVE racing games. GT on the PS was amazing at the time. Wipeout was awesome (the music made it better than it really was). I guess the arcade style racing is more for me.

Gran Turismo, for me, is the ultimate racing game. The best one ever made. From what I've seen of Forza 2, i'd say that is about to change.

And Yeh, NFS games are always shit. Don't waste your time with them.

Incidently, has anyone seen the screenshots of the next burnout game? To say it looks pretty is a spectacular understatement.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:44 pm

Count me dissapointed on the new Burnout actually. I'm a huge fan of Revenge (rank 73rd worldwide at one point) and I just think they are rehashing it. Part of the problem is that it's Burnout, so not much can change. Like releasing Madden each year, adding to it is just that, adding. Sure, it could be fun, but topping Revenge is a tall order; even for Criterion. The track design could benefit from some serious revamping. Although Revenge was a blast, new locales are a must.

Oh and NFS games are indeed crap. Most Wanted was the only good one, and it barely kept my attention. Talk about mind-numbingly boring.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:59 pm

Ok, is Burnout 4 actually coming to the 360? The only thing I've seen about it was in the Playstation Magazine, and it seemed like an exclusive (of course, we all know how THOSE have been turning out).

Burnout Dominator to me is a disappointment without even playing it. No traffic checking? Forget it, no reason to play. I started with Takedown, and it was amazing. The fact that you wiped out crashing into the traffic that was moving in your direction irked me. Revenge was great because it fixed that. Hopefully they keep it in B4. Honestly, all I really know about the game is that there are like 230948320984 times the destructable parts in the cars this time, and that it's one giant city/state/country/island/whatever that you're racing in, which sounds cool.

Dude, Blue Dragon is THREE DISCS? That's insane, are they using FMV, or in-engine cutscenes? Cuz if it's FMV, that's just lame. It would explain the triple disc treatment, though. I always forget the other game they're working on. It looks amazing, seems like they got the same character designer that worked on FFXII.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:03 pm

From what I gather Blue Dragon is a huge game. I'm not sure about the level of FMV but i can't see them filling 3 DVD's with it.

It must be special because the 360 sold more units in the week of the games launch than it did for the year on the run up to it.

Also, the character designer is Akira Toriyama, the man who came up with a load of manga comics, most notably Dragonball. I'm not sure but i think he also did the character designs for Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest; they're both Squaresoft games. The real kicker though is the game is the work of the guy who started the Final Fantasy games off. I'm really looking forward to it.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:58 pm

I thought Blue Dragon was only 2 discs?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:10 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:I thought Blue Dragon was only 2 discs?

Nope. It's a 3 disc epic. It sounds rediculous but i'm hoping it's all going towards the game and not shitty video. I've heard nothing but positive reviews for the game and it scored very high with Famitsu in Japan, unique for an xbox game.

Do I hear Sony people shouting about BluRay for games? I think I do.

Anyhoo, by all accounts it's a great game and they're already working on the sequel.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:25 am

Anyone here play on Rainbow Sex Vegas? I used to hate these games but this has got me addicted! I fucking love it!

It is soooooo fucking hard in places, but boy is it fun! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:27 am

Ok, is Burnout 4 actually coming to the 360? The only thing I've seen about it was in the Playstation Magazine, and it seemed like an exclusive (of course, we all know how THOSE have been turning out).

Burnout Dominator to me is a disappointment without even playing it. No traffic checking? Forget it, no reason to play. I started with Takedown, and it was amazing. The fact that you wiped out crashing into the traffic that was moving in your direction irked me. Revenge was great because it fixed that. Hopefully they keep it in B4. Honestly, all I really know about the game is that there are like 230948320984 times the destructable parts in the cars this time, and that it's one giant city/state/country/island/whatever that you're racing in, which sounds cool.

MAAAAAN! I am so fucking with you on that! You just summed up my exact thoughts ont eh games! I lvoe them to death, the most extreme, fun, rush of a car game.... EVER!!!!!

I had some stuff in Xbox magazine about it a while ago, later this year, or early next!!!! But release date was officialy: TBA!!! :-)

I would love a fucking update! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Sun May 27, 2007 11:21 pm

wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:34 pm

I think anyone that's a movie fan and an action game fan will not be able to resist this game. It reminds me of Max Payne (on steroids!), only with better voice acting.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748381/vid_2019695.html
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:05 pm

For all you Halo 3 fans. Here's some ways to kill some time. What exactly happens when the timer counts down? Who knows?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/796/796753p1.html
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:26 pm

I rented Command and Conquer 3 last night...not a bad game...the graphics rocked but the conrolls were a bit choppy...I wished for my keyboard and mouse while playing it.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby zombieslayer on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:47 am

I can't stop playing Pac-Man CE. I'm in the 240k score range now. Am I the only one? lol.
oh, I've updated my gamertag to TheZombieSlayer.
zombieslayer
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:55 am

Getting my Transformers on at the moment...tough game but it does kick some ass.

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00 am

I finally signed up for xbl and am lacking the friends. my xbl account is the same as my nick here if anybody is interested.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

XBOX 360 Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:03 am

Microsoft lengthens Xbox 360 warranty
Microsoft extends the warranty coverage on its Xbox 360 console.
By Ben Silverman
ADVERTISEMENT

No longer content adhering to the adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," Microsoft on Thursday announced that it will extend its Xbox 360 warranty coverage to three years from date of purchase. The warranty covers any consumer who experiences the general system failure indicated by three flashing red lights, more commonly referred to as the "red ring of death." Both shipping and repair costs will be covered.

The new warranty will represent a $1 billion pre-tax charge on Microsoft's earnings for the year's final quarter. This marks a notable setback for the company's Entertainment & Devices division, who reported a $315 million operating loss in the third quarter.

"The majority of Xbox 360 owners are having a great experience with their console and have from day one. But, this problem has caused frustration for some of our customers and for that, we sincerely apologize," said Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment & Devices Division.

The warranty also retroactively reimburses the small but vocal community of console owners who have already paid to get the error fixed. Though the company has not revealed the cause behind the hardware malfunctions, it claims to have "identified a number of factors which can cause general hardware failures" and "has made improvements to the console."

The announcement is intended to soothe the tide of disgruntled gamers who have experienced the failure, many of whom have meticulously documented numerous failed attempts at getting it repaired. In a conference call, Bach acknowledged an increase in the amount of attention the issue has been receiving. Although he didn't mention a specific number of problems, he called the rate of repair requests "too high for our liking."

Peter Moore, corporate VP of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division, has posted an open letter on the official Xbox site further explaining the decision.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby kid on an escalator on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:41 am

About time. I already have a 3 year warranty though so it doesn't really help me, but still great work by MS.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:25 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070807/wr_nm/microsoft_xbox360_dc;_ylt=AsRWEZz7TOW0SAVs6w.KfKAjtBAF

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp said on Monday it will cut the price of its main Xbox 360 video game console model by about 13 percent in the United States, hoping to boost sales ahead of the crucial holiday season.

The move reduces the price of the Xbox 360 Premium model by $50, to $350, and follows a move last month by rival Sony Corp to cut the price of its PlayStation 3 machine by 17 percent, to $500.

Faced with unexpectedly strong competition from Nintendo Co Ltd's cheaper Wii console, Microsoft is aiming at expanding the appeal of the Xbox 360 to an audience outside its core fan base of young men.

"As we look to the holidays we want to bring in more gamers and lower the price for those customers," the Xbox 360's group product manager, Aaron Greenberg, said in an interview.

"We're always trying to bring down cost of the box and ... we always try to pass on the savings to our consumers. We feel like this is the right time to do it."

The price of the Xbox 360 Core, which does not include a hard drive, will fall $20 to $280 while the Elite model, which features a 120-gigabyte drive, six times the size of the Premium's, will fall $30 to $450. The cuts will take effect from August 8, Microsoft said.

Launched in November 2005, the Xbox 360 has gone 20 months without a price cut, the longest of any console in history. Sony's PlayStation 2 held its $300 price for 18 months after launching in the United States in 2000.

"It surprised me a little bit because there's not a whole lot of market pressure on them to lower the price," said Van Baker, an analyst with market research firm Gartner.

"Is it going to make an enormous difference? No, because when it comes to consoles, it's not the price that sells the console, it's the games that sells the console and from that perspective, Microsoft's in pretty good shape," Baker said.

The rising sophistication of consoles, which boast graphics performance that rivals personal computers costing several times as much, means manufacturers are more reluctant to drop prices. That's particularly true for Microsoft, which has yet to turn a profit on the Xbox business it launched in 2001 in a bid to challenge Sony's growing dominance in the living room.

By the end of June, Microsoft had sold 5.6 million Xbox 360s in the United States, compared with 2.8 million Wiis and 1.4 million PS3s -- the latter two launched a year later.

Microsoft forecasts its entertainment and devices division, home to the Xbox, Windows Mobile and Zune digital music player businesses, to turn profitable in its current fiscal year after two years of losses totaling more than $3 billion.

The Redmond, Washington-based company has forecast revenue at the division to grow by between 10 percent and 19 percent this year from sales of $6.08 billion in fiscal 2007.

Greenberg said Microsoft timed the price cut to coincide with the release of Electronic Arts Inc's "Madden NFL 08," the latest installment of the publisher's top-selling football franchise.

"Summer tends to be seasonally slow, but we definitely see a big uptick starting with 'Madden', and accelerating through the end of the year," Greenberg said.

Microsoft is also banking on the highly anticipated final episode of "Halo," its flagship game franchise, to be a major profit driver this year. The game hits stores on September 25.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:10 pm

Im trying to use this news to get some friends to buy a 360.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:29 pm

They can't possibly be threatened by Nintendo or Sony. I mean, Nintendo sells great right now but the day will come when the "new" wears off and people stop caring. The Wii definately has its limitations.

I also found it interesting that the 360 has gone the longest period of time without a price cut for a console, EVER. I never really thought about it but it makes sense since they dominated the market for a year with zero next-gen competition. Very smart move. Now couple this with the AAA games on the way and it's looking like a brilliant move. Drop it right before Madden 08. Bioshock coming, Halo 3, all the other crap people like.

Yup.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:56 pm

The only thing I'm kicking myself about with the 360 is not waiting the two months for the Elite to come out. I waited all that time to buy one, then two months before the slicker black model with bigger hard drive and HDMI support, I caved. Oh well. Part of me is actually debating trading my current 360 and some games in towards the Elite. Really, I just want it for the HDMI support and the HD, but do I even need that? I don't have a hidef TV (yet), and when I do get one, the 360 supports 1080p over component anyways. And the TV I have my eyes on (Samsung's HL-T5687S) supports that res over component so... yah. Really I guess I should just not worry about it. Bottom line is that I think it sucks that MS was swearing up and down that HDMI wasn't neccessary, and then they go and release a better system that actually implements it. Blah.

Yah, MS has a good move on their hands dropping the price just before the holidays and with all those great games coming out. Madden, BioShock, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise, Assassin's Creed, etc...
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:03 pm

There was an Article on Yahoo about the top 5 things to know about MADDEN 08...It is a rather interesting read...especiall the last line

http://videogames.yahoo.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-08/preview-525567

1. Madden's Got Personality
When EA and ESPN signed a mammoth partnership, gamers everywhere were hoping to see a virtual Chris Berman walking you through your franchise mode and a weekly Sportcenter highlight show. That has yet to happen, but in Madden 08 EA has enlisted the help of former NFL players Merril Hodge, Mark Schlereth and Marshall Faulk. The ESPN trio hosts a number of tutorials as well as the events of the NFL Combine, adding a little authenticity to the game. Faulk even hosts Marshall's Minute, a short pre-game show complete with score predictions. The only thing missing is a Madden turducken diagram.

2. The NFL Returns to Los Angeles
Or it makes its debut in Alaska. It's up to you in the new revamped Franchise mode in which you have the option of creating a team based on your playing preferences, be it a smash-mouth running squad or finesse passing team. From there, you design the uniforms, choose the logo and build a stadium from the ground up. While not as deep as owner mode in previous Maddens -- no setting concession prices or moving your team to Mexico -- it's a thrill to re-create your Pop Warner team and compete for the Lombardi trophy. The only downside is you have to kick a team out of the NFL to make room. Sorry Oakland.

3. Customize Your Own Bling
In a somewhat surprising partnership, EA signed a deal with Super Bowl ring maker Jostens to create the Ring of a Champion, a fully-customizable virtual ring that shows off your Madden skills. Tied in with your Madden Gamer Level, the ring gets bigger and better as your career does, all the way up to the fifth and most prestigious level, Epic -- think Heart of the Ocean here. Once you hit level three, you can actually place an order and Jostens will mail your personalized bling for all your friends to see -- a great trophy if you win an offline franchise league against your buddies. With your own Jostens Madden ring, Women will want you; men will want to be you. Or not.

4. Defense is all about tackling, dummy.
Without a doubt, Madden NFL 08 is the hardest-hitting football game in the franchise's history. Part of this is due to the new Hit Stick 2.0, with which you can deliver the pain high or low depending on which direction you flick the right analog stick. Move it down to take out a running back's knees and launch him into the air. Move the stick up to perform a de-cleater and leave a ball carrier breathing nothing but snot bubbles. Also, a new animation system allows for huge gang tackles and bone-jarring midair collisions. With thousands of potential tackles, the hits range anywhere from mildly traumatic to downright demoralizing. We recommend wearing a helmet at all times.

5. Choose Your Weapon
To set the superstars of the NFL apart, EA created a new weapons feature. Star players are broken up into categories like brick wall defender (Brian Urlacher) or speed quarterback (Vince Young) and given an extra set of abilities that other players don't have access to. Big hitters like Ed Reed are privy to a special set of tackling animations and are more likely to jar the ball loose with every hit. Receivers known for making ridiculous grabs like Larry Fitzgerald will come down with one-handed catches in stride. The goal here is to look for mismatches and play with your stars the way they play in real life. So Peyton Manning will audible you to death, Tom Brady will pick you apart, and Michael Vick will sick his dogs on you. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:50 pm

Fawst wrote:The only thing I'm kicking myself about with the 360 is not waiting the two months for the Elite to come out. I waited all that time to buy one, then two months before the slicker black model with bigger hard drive and HDMI support, I caved. Oh well. Part of me is actually debating trading my current 360 and some games in towards the Elite. Really, I just want it for the HDMI support and the HD, but do I even need that? I don't have a hidef TV (yet), and when I do get one, the 360 supports 1080p over component anyways. And the TV I have my eyes on (Samsung's HL-T5687S) supports that res over component so... yah. Really I guess I should just not worry about it. Bottom line is that I think it sucks that MS was swearing up and down that HDMI wasn't neccessary, and then they go and release a better system that actually implements it. Blah.

Yah, MS has a good move on their hands dropping the price just before the holidays and with all those great games coming out. Madden, BioShock, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise, Assassin's Creed, etc...

I was pissed when they announced the hdmi, after so long of just denying it. Atleast 1080p is supported over component and there is no quality difference.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:00 am

I've been playing as Tequila in John Woo's STRANGLEHOLD, and it's actually pretty fun. The demo is on the marketplace if you missed it.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:29 pm

I just got my 360 today. I finally broke down and bought one to reward myself for getting a 10% raise at work. With it, I purchased Gears of War. I think I'll get the Oblivion Game of the Year edition when it comes out next month. It'll have the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine expansion packs on it.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Wolfpack wrote:I just got my 360 today. I finally broke down and bought one to reward myself for getting a 10% raise at work. With it, I purchased Gears of War. I think I'll get the Oblivion Game of the Year edition when it comes out next month. It'll have the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine expansion packs on it.

Yes...thats awesome....but did you get Live? DID YOU!!!!!!????
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:34 am

godzillasushi wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:I just got my 360 today. I finally broke down and bought one to reward myself for getting a 10% raise at work. With it, I purchased Gears of War. I think I'll get the Oblivion Game of the Year edition when it comes out next month. It'll have the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine expansion packs on it.

That is the question!?!?!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:37 am

godzillasushi wrote:

Err, I got the one month free of Gold, but after that all I will have will be Silver. I don't play online multiplayer games, so I just bought the core system with a 64MB card for my saves.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby beastie on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:11 pm

OK. Random question. I didn't want to start a new topic and this seemed like the most appropriate place to ask.
Does anyone know if Burger King plans to have more XBox titles this year. They were mildly amusing and made my collection look bigger.
beastie
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Zak123 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:35 pm

I don't think they do.
Zak123
GLIB

Postby SilentBobX on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Still on the fence re: buying an Xbox360. I keep hearing horror stories(red ring of death) et al. But I think I'm leaning toward getting it.

Question: Is the 'Halo' green version of the 360 more reliable in regards to the 'red ring' question? I've seen the elite, the standard version and this one. I'm all but sure I'll get one version, or barring anymore bad press on it, I'll go to a PSP since I've heard they have a decent selection of RPG's.

Bioshock has been a strong lure for me, seeing the incredible screen shots and all. Does it play more like a first person shooter or an adventure game? Thanks.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:08 pm

SilentBobX wrote:Still on the fence re: buying an Xbox360. I keep hearing horror stories(red ring of death) et al. But I think I'm leaning toward getting it.

Question: Is the 'Halo' green version of the 360 more reliable in regards to the 'red ring' question? I've seen the elite, the standard version and this one. I'm all but sure I'll get one version, or barring anymore bad press on it, I'll go to a PSP since I've heard they have a decent selection of RPG's.

Bioshock has been a strong lure for me, seeing the incredible screen shots and all. Does it play more like a first person shooter or an adventure game? Thanks.

Mahalo

All recent versions of 360 have a new heatsink that helps with the red ring issue. The new chips should help too but Im nto sure if they are using those or not yet.

Bioshock is a fps through and through. You get a little bit of character customization through your plasmid choices and upgrades.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Zak123 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:17 pm

Buy a 360, you will not regret it. And by waiting until now, you have a ton of sweet games to play.
Zak123
GLIB

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:22 pm

Plus if you buy a 360 it won't make you feel like every 10 year old boy does when he boots up his Wii to wave around his magic wand defeating the forces of Dumbledore wizards.

360's make you feel manly, and poor. It sucks your money away and makes you feel less geeky. Whew! YAY!

*Frat guy voice*

MADDEN YEA DUDE!!!!!

*Other frat guy voice*

H4L0 ROCKS MY SOCKS YO!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:42 pm

godzillasushi wrote:*Frat guy voice*

MADDEN YEA DUDE!!!!!

*Other frat guy voice*

H4L0 ROCKS MY SOCKS YO!

WORD
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby SilentBobX on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:17 pm

Madden? O definitely. Even if my team isn't doing well now, I can make 'em kick serious ass on Madden.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:35 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Plus if you buy a 360 it won't make you feel like every 10 year old boy does when he boots up his Wii to wave around his magic wand defeating the forces of Dumbledore wizards.

NiNtEndO H8r...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:51 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:Plus if you buy a 360 it won't make you feel like every 10 year old boy does when he boots up his Wii to wave around his magic wand defeating the forces of Dumbledore wizards.

NiNtEndO H8r...

It has it's place, but honestly if you want something more than minigames you have to look elsewhere for the moment.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:04 pm

So as I watch my brother in law play through Gears of War, I noticed that Marcus occasionally sounds like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. I kept expecting him to say "thanks for noticing me..."
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:So as I watch my brother in law play through Gears of War, I noticed that Marcus occasionally sounds like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. I kept expecting him to say "thanks for noticing me..."

Why arent you playing with him?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:57 pm

Cause I would rather by here with you guys!!!

But seriously he is playing on the easy level and I just can't be bothered...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:14 pm

If you want to play on hard give me a holla ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Vegeta on Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:49 pm

My Xbox 360 just took a shit on me. I get no image on my TV's input screen and 3 of the 4 bars that circle the power button turn read about 5 seconds after powering it. I have unplugged and replugged in all the inputs several times and at best I get the initial boot up screen, which looks all fuzzy and then locks up (with the aftermentioned 3 red bars). I am going to leave it unplugged for a bit, but I am kind of freaking out. Any ideas?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby King Psyz on Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:54 pm

I have an idea, you bought an XBOX 360, the most plauged launch since someone sailed with a boat full of rats during the black plauge.

Hopefully MS will honor the now extended warranty.

I played Halo3 last week and while fun, I still don't feel compelled to buy a 360 yet. Or a PS3. The Wii has been awesome despite lack of outstanding titles. Just because of the interface.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Vegeta on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:24 pm

That didn't help... :(

:wink:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby King Psyz on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:35 pm

:cool:

your XBOX has been autolynched
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Vegeta on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:38 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

*Darth Vader style*
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby King Psyz on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:43 pm

I might have to make an avatar depicitng the red rings of death on your 360 now. ;)
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Vegeta on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:55 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'll sport it, throw some Darth in their while you're at it. 8)
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Vegeta wrote:My Xbox 360 just took a shit on me. I get no image on my TV's input screen and 3 of the 4 bars that circle the power button turn read about 5 seconds after powering it. I have unplugged and replugged in all the inputs several times and at best I get the initial boot up screen, which looks all fuzzy and then locks up (with the aftermentioned 3 red bars). I am going to leave it unplugged for a bit, but I am kind of freaking out. Any ideas?

Some info here.

You are going to have to turn it in as it is pooched...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

PreviousNext

Return to Games