DIG DUG vs. MR. DO!

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

INSERT COIN! WHO WOULD WIN?!

Dig Dug
67%
Mr. Do
33%

Total votes : 18

DIG DUG vs. MR. DO!

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:56 pm

This is the most important thread I have ever had to start in my entire life.

WHO! WOULD! WIN!

DIG DUG

Image Image

OR

MR. DO

Image Image

Personally, I have to go with DIG DUG, he just seems much more of a rugged fellow. I doubt MR. DO's intentions. He's not a working class miner, he's just a goofy clown who took way too many mushrooms and is having an extended hallucination in what appears to be a coin-op Strawberry Fields (with dragons)...

Whoever wins, lets all just take time to remember the sacrifices that both have made in their quest to rid the world of evil... and our quarters...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:59 pm

John Henry.

The kicker is, which one would also be able to seduce Kirk? Simultaneously, I think.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 am

Yeah, that would definately be a double team job. Mr. Do would distract him with clownish shenanigans while Dig Dug went in for the big PUMP... like in this GROTESQUE, DISTURBING, and NSFW fan pic...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 am

I am not even going to click on that.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Kilgore on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:10 am

Agreed, Ribbons, I am following your lead....

But Mr. Do would drag Dig-Dug to hell and back...he has a magic exploding ball, Dug, a ratty old hand-pump.

No Contest.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:19 am

Yes, the pic is very disturbing. I don't know how it got into the Google image bank, but, there it is...

Mr. Do might have had the magic ball, but, man, that outift! That has to impact his fighting ability to some extent.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:34 am

Ribbons wrote:John Henry.

The kicker is, which one would also be able to seduce Kirk? Simultaneously, I think.

You what? What's THAT got to do with anything (Anakin Skywalker circa TPM voice)?

Also what about Mr Do's Castle? Surely Mr Do gets points for that too, Do does doesn't he?

Also, ca nanyone tell me how aor where to get this game for the Mac?

It was my favourite game for a brief amount of time.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:38 am

Mr. Do, hands down, before Mr. Dug could get anywhere near him with his pump, Mr. Do will have hammered him with a crystal ball. Dig would have no time even for a WTF, I'm afraid. I love both these guys dearly, but Mr.Do has to take it.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:39 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

You what? What's THAT got to do with anything (Anakin Skywalker circa TPM voice)?

So it's Bruce Lee this time?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:54 am

Scratch head. Scratch head. Then replies...........

WHAT!?!?!?!?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:22 am

Mr. Do, definitely, cos he has a castle. But the best game of all was Mr. Do's Wild Ride.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:21 am

I haven't gone by the name John Henry since leaving for Tombstone all those years ago. Even the nuns at the sanctuary know I'll make their saintliness disappear forever more if they call me by that name.

Dig Dug - Mr Do freaks me out - blame Pennywise.

And I respect Kirk much in the same way I respect Zapp Brannigan....but I've no intention of seducing the man, his corset nor his toupe neither......

..after all, I'm a daisy if I do! :D
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Kilgore on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:56 am

To put this in a more 'real world' perspective...

Who would you rather face-off with in the proverbial dark alley:

1) The meth-fueled, painted-up-like-a-Jersey-whore, 'magical'-pants-and-hat-festooned clown of dragon's doom, holding a magical exploding 8-ball?

OR:

2) A Legoland astronaut with a bike pump and a load in his shorts?

Fear the Do.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:50 pm

You did the right thing, Zombie. Do or Dug? The world MUST choose a champion. And it MUST be Mr. Do!

We don't know how a man in a clown get-up ended up in the ground, locked in a struggle with the forces of Hell. We don't know how he's able to breathe. We know nothing about the cosmic forces which comprise his Power Ball, nor how he learned to channel them. Not even VIOLENT J can do that! That's why you call the man MISTER Do, mothafucka.

That's why the name is spelled with an exclamation point: "Mr. Do!" Not "Mr. Do Not!" There is no TRY!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:14 pm

buster00 wrote:You did the right thing, Zombie. Do or Dug? The world MUST choose a champion. And it MUST be Mr. Do!

We don't know how a man in a clown get-up ended up in the ground, locked in a struggle with the forces of Hell. We don't know how he's able to breathe. We know nothing about the cosmic forces which comprise his Power Ball, nor how he learned to channel them. Not even VIOLENT J can do that! That's why you call the man MISTER Do, mothafucka.

That's why the name is spelled with an exclamation point: "Mr. Do!" Not "Mr. Do Not!" There is no TRY!

Hey, you make a pretty strong case for Mr. Do. I never thought of it that way...

(Oh, and IPAMPILASH! That was a great post...)
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:54 pm

What the Hell does Bruce Lee and ME have to do with any of all this?!?!!?!?

I Love Mr Do's Castle, but tell me more about Mr Do's Wild Ride.

Also, is it me, or are the smaller, simpler games of the mid 80s, much more fun than the huge, massive, more expensive games of today?
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:58 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:What the Hell does Bruce Lee and ME have to do with any of all this?!?!!?!?

I Love Mr Do's Castle, but tell me more about Mr Do's Wild Ride.

Also, is it me, or is the smaller, simpler games of the mid 80s are much more fun than the huge, massive, more expensive games of today?

It ain't just you my brother! I feel the same way. The new games are cool, and I love em, but it's more like a GODDAMN MISSION than a simple diversion. You HAVE to finish it no matter how long it takes, or how badly your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome hurts.

With the olde skool games it was just fun to play for 5 minutes and say you got the high score.

(I think this may tie into the whole return to simpicity or innocence I've been talking about in the WEIRD DREAMS thread.)
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:06 pm

Games today depress me a bit. Walking around in a strange tunnel just to find someone to fight, or hit as many buttons and hope for the best fight moves, rather than just put a coin or 2 into a game and just blast the motherfucking shit out of everything that moves on the screen.

The one thing the games of yesteryear had, at least as far as the coin op games anyway - was addiction. That adrenalin rush that you could never get enough of, that's all gone in games these days.

So bring it on, Mr Do's Castle!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby John-Locke on Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:27 pm

John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:34 pm

buster00 wrote:You did the right thing, Zombie. Do or Dug? The world MUST choose a champion. And it MUST be Mr. Do!

IPAMPILASH! Holy crappa, I donna know how I missed a this a one a the first time, eh?

Nice a one paisan, nice a one...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Return to Games