ROCKSTAR Movie-Based Games You'd Like To See

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

ROCKSTAR Movie-Based Games You'd Like To See

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:48 am

I have just finished playing the main missions of the COMPLETELY KICK ASS THE WARRIORS game from ROCKSTAR and it hit me that they must continue this trend and make some other nihilist fantasy movies into kick ass games.

With this in mind, what other movies would you like to see ROCKSTAR turn into games?

First on the list for me is:

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

Could you imagine how cool that would be? It would also probably be the greatest selling videogame of all times. Like THE WARRIORS, it could start with several "prequel" style missions with Alex and his droogs kicking the crap out of everyone before moving along into the main narrative of the film. The final portions of the game could feature a mission in which the now hopelessly sick and deranged Alex has to somehow survive beatings by his olde droogs and gangs of olde people. After getting through the game there would still be plenty of things to do and fights to have ala THE WARRIORS.

After that, ROCKSTAR should, with all deliberate speed make:

KILL BILL

TAXI DRIVER

&

SIN CITY

Now, before I go nutso and name every movie ever, what would you like to see ROCKSTAR do?

(I woulda mentioned something zombie-ish, but CITY OF THE DEAD is already on the way and it features GTA stlye mechanics, apparently...)
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Hermanator X on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:59 am

or

...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

oops

Postby Hermanator X on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:01 pm

oops, I meant....

:shock: Really screwed that one up. 3 edits!! :evil:
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:14 pm

Hermanator X wrote:Image

or

YES!!! Poifect!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby WinslowLeach on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:19 pm

What would Taxi Driver be about? Going nuts and Killing pimps? hahaha!

Is there an Escape From NY game yet? If not, Id like to see one. Also: The Omega Man, Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan, Night Of The Living Dead (kill zombies), Friday The 13th (play as Jason or as camp counselor).
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DirtyRatBastard on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:21 pm

Fuck that.

Rockstar Games Presents: Death Wish.
They hate you because they wish they could have seen half the things you have...
DirtyRatBastard
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby magicmonkey on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:22 pm

Heh, like the thread zombie. Rockstar really do keep the dream alive.

Escape from New York would be great, oh man, complete with gliding in. Man, my nuts would explode with excitment if it was announced that Rockstar would be making this... I may have to suggest it to them...

To add another film, hmmm, Conan would be nice. Wow, i'm training up to be a hardass. I'm riding a horse across plains beating up peasants and mauraders. I'm in a city, drinking in a bar getting the down low... I'm stalking the streets, I'm climbing the wizards tower, I'm fighting He-man (and sadly losing). Yeah, Conan would be nice.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Seppuku on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:28 pm

Anyone remember that Zombies Ate my Neighbours game on the Snes? I'm sure Rockstar could do a wicked remake of that.

As far as movies are concerned, well a Rockstar Yojimbo/Sanjuro would kick seven shades of ass out of Tenchu, but then I would say that wouldn't I... I think there should be a Rockstar version of the Woodstock movie, where you get to play the Woodstock security staff sent on a mission to collect all the Bad Brown Acid, but then something goes wrong, a flipped-out hippie spikes your lemonade, and you decide to wipe out every hippie in sight, getting extra points for killing off members of Canned Heat and Country Joe and the Fish. Needless to say, I'd buy that in a milisecond!
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby WinslowLeach on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:29 pm

Rolling Thunder: THE GAME! Major Charles Rane Has Come Home To WAR!! Use your hook hand to slice and dice! Load up on ammo and kill all the bastards!!

Treasure of The Sierra Madre: Go hunting for gold while killing Mexican bandits, dodging deadly scorpions/animals. Kill Fred C Dobbs before he kills you!!

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas: Race the Mint 400! Drop LSD! Go On an adventure in the city of sin with Dr Gonzo and Raoul Duke!!
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:30 pm

"the future of gaming has a bad attitude..."
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:31 pm

WinslowLeach wrote:What would Taxi Driver be about? Going nuts and Killing pimps? hahaha!

Of course! Also, plotting half-assed assasination attempts and shooting muggers at the local Bodega! Plus you know Travis Bickle is continuing his vigilante ways after the film ends...

I guess TAXI DRIVER would more or less be GTA, but with all the music and the dialogue from the movie...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:32 pm

2nded!! That sounds like my kinda game seppuku. No really, i'm serious. Its a sad fact that games like that used to be made and now no longer...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:33 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:As far as movies are concerned, well a Rockstar Yojimbo/Sanjuro would kick seven shades of ass out of Tenchu,

NOICE! yeah, that would be great. but shit, yo, I love me some Tenchu! Stealth killing night n' day, stealth killin' everyway! TENCHU!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:34 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:
I guess TAXI DRIVER would more or less be GTA, but with all the music and the dialogue from the movie...

I can't wait to play the wiping the backseat clean hidden mini-game...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby WinslowLeach on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:35 pm

SEE Travis driving his taxi running over innocent pedstrians! 500 points! 1000 points!

WATCH as Travis goes to the gun range to practice his marksmanship!

ENJOY a nice lunch with Travis and Iris!!

includes: Design Your Own Weapon feature. Make your own custom weapon to kill the pimps n pushers!

Featuring a remix of Bernard Herrmanns classic score by THE RZA!
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:36 pm

magicmonkey wrote:To add another film, hmmm, Conan would be nice. Wow, i'm training up to be a hardass. I'm riding a horse across plains beating up peasants and mauraders. I'm in a city, drinking in a bar getting the down low... I'm stalking the streets, I'm climbing the wizards tower, I'm fighting He-man (and sadly losing). Yeah, Conan would be nice.

Hey, that would be cool! And Arnie is gonna be pretty hard up for cash soon too, so he would totally be onboard for voice work I bet!

Also, there HAS to be a battle scene between Darth Vader-guy and Conan. Dodging all those snake arrows n' shit? Then choppin' his damn head off! Yeah!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Seppuku on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:37 pm

WinslowLeach wrote:Treasure of The Sierra Madre: Go hunting for gold while killing Mexican bandits, dodging deadly scorpions/animals. Kill Fred C Dobbs before he kills you!!

Now with added Paranoid Meter, fill the bar all the way up and you temporarily become Bionic Bogey.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby magicmonkey on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:39 pm

Also, there HAS to be a battle scene between Darth Vader-guy and Conan. Dodging all those snake arrows n' shit? Then choppin' his damn head off! Yeah!

All while wearing a nice daisy chain necklace! The training sequence at the opening of the game would be a button masher par excellence as you build up Arnie's pecs.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Seppuku on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:41 pm

A Conan game? Pah! Rockstar Presents: RED SONJA...now we're talking.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:41 pm

magicmonkey wrote:
ZombieZoneSolution s wrote:

All while wearing a nice daisy chain necklace! The training sequence at the opening of the game would be a button masher par excellence as you build up Arnie's pecs.

Totally! But man, I hate button mashing...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:46 pm

magicmonke y wrote:

Yeah, sorry I forget zombie fingers usually take the mashing rather than the buttons, my apolgies to your stumps... Perhaps an wood chopping mini-game instead.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Hermanator X on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:49 pm

How about one flew over the cuckoos nest?

Controll randall mcmurphy in a real time hospital environment. Never letting the crazyometer slip below the convincing/putting-it-on-to-keep-out-of-jail setting, but never go above the Give-this-nut-a-lobotomy level. Sitting there for hour after hour doing mad shit, trying to plan an escape.

Mind you, it could cause some long term side effects.....
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:50 pm

magicmonkey wrote:
magicmonke y wrote:

Yeah, sorry I forget zombie fingers usually take the mashing rather than the buttons, my apolgies to your stumps... Perhaps an wood chopping mini-game instead.

Sadly, it's true. I much prefer the thang like in God of War where instead of mashing buttons, you have to hit them in a kind of sequence in order to get a result. That frantic kinda mashing like in Devil May Cry 3 just makes my zombie hands hurt!

Yes, carpal tunnel syndrome also plagues the undead!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby WinslowLeach on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:52 pm

If youre going to make a Red Sonja game you gotta have a Galaxina game too.

Id love to see a Mother Jugs and Speed Game. Youre a EMT and you have to get through all the pitfalls of dying people, junkies with shotguns and other craziness! Play as Mother Jugs or Speed!

VIVA KNIEVEL: THE GAME! How many buses can YOU jump?! Race along the highway, dodging limos full of mafia men!

Lone Wolf and Cub: The Game. now THIS one should be made already! Music from the films. This one would totally rule. Think about all the weaponry in the babycart. Daigoro as a separate player. Too cool.

The Streetfighter (the OTHER one): Another one that should already be made. Featuring audio from the movie. I love the theme score!!
Terry: "Isnt that mean and nasty?" Ratnose: "mean and nasty"
Last edited by WinslowLeach on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:53 pm

The Birds could make a good game, and if you got to play from the perspective of a killer seagull who has a hankering for the blood of svelte young blondes it would 100% make an amazing game. And you could also play as the humans I guess, but that wouldn't be quite so exciting. Reminds me of a Jurrassic Park game I played once, where you could be both the dino (no, not that Dino) and the dessert.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Hermanator X on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:03 pm

I owe this one to Winslowleach, as its right under his nose, but I think "they live" could be a great little paranoid runabout.
Without the shades, you just dont have a clue who you are up against. Maybe put a time limit on their effectiveness, and the "friendly" fight could be absolutely massive, through shop fronts, in front of traffic etc. It wouldnt be pushing the original MUCH further!!!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:21 pm

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Hermanator X on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:24 pm

Lets just say the whole John Carpenter catalogue!!!
In fact I think he should retire from movies, go to rockstar and develop some original properties. Look at spielberg and EA!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Planet of the Apes (the original)
Soylent Green
Logan's Run
Conan the Barbarian
Road Warrior
The Godfather
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Seppuku on Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:45 pm

You joking about the Godfather?

Image is already slated for a release on March 21st...
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby MadCapsule on Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:57 pm

I believe there is already a Conan game in the works for the PC as well.

edit-Here ya go. I don't think the X-box one ever got made.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Seppuku on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:51 pm

One game comes to mind, a game that cancels out all others (just like the film), and that game is Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia. Featuring the Voice Acting of Paul Walker as Warren Oates. This beauty pretty much designs itself.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Agent Alonzo on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Gone with the wind...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Pacino86845 on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:09 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Anyone remember that Zombies Ate my Neighbours game on the Snes?

I LOVED that game, but it was impossibly difficult!! A remake would completely rock, but make it easier!! Seriously, don't Konami realize they've got a friggin' gem with that game?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Peven on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:17 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:You joking about the Godfather?

Image is already slated for a release on March 21st...

really? who is making it? i'm just an old fart dad of 4 kids, and usually behind the curve on news like this. :oops:
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:46 pm

The Carpenter Movies is a great idea!!!
Escape From NY, Big Trouble In Little China, and They Live. AWESOME!!!

I think video games could be a great place for "sequels" to be made... the ones that people (geeks) really would like, but in reality it's best just not to because they'd likely be screwed up.... like:
-The Lost Boys
-Goonies
-Star Wars (some next Gen Ep's 7-9!)
-The Crying Game

Also, video games could be the best place to bring things to life that would make great movies, but just likely won't happen... at least in a way that would do the source material any justice, and for that I offer:
-The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I honestly don't see a game anywhere in the books, but it could still be cool.

...and for that matter, why doesn't Clive Barker do a game that would just scare the pants off of anyone who simply turned their console on?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Seppuku on Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:06 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:Anyone remember that Zombies Ate my Neighbours game on the Snes?

I LOVED that game, but it was impossibly difficult!! A remake would completely rock, but make it easier!! Seriously, don't Konami realize they've got a friggin' gem with that game?

I was in the middle of typing some kinda response to this when the Zone blitzed out on me.

My personal favourite moment in that game was when that big ol' overweight zombie who weilded the chainsaw with both hands chased you around a narrow cemetary. It's been a while since I played it (a decade at least), but I do remember thinking the same thing about its difficulty. That being said, it still had a longer lifespan than most of the games that came out at the time. I might download a ROM of ZAMN, it'd probably be interesting seeing how many more zombie references I'd get now. I mean I probably hadn't even seen Dawn of the Dead when I first played it, so the Zombies in the Mall thing didn't mean much to me.

And Peven, a quick look on Amazon.com- the only site other than aintitcool who'd give Hercules a job- tells me that EA made this game. I remember hearing news about the adaptation a year or so ago, and the buzz back then was hardly positive. EA aren't exactly the most reliable games developers out there, especially when it comes to movie adaptations, but I've got my fingers crossed it'll be up to scratch.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:14 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:

I was in the middle of typing some kinda response to this when the Zone blitzed out on me.

My personal favourite moment in that game was when that big ol' overweight zombie who weilded the chainsaw with both hands chased you around a narrow cemetary. It's been a while since I played it (a decade at least), but I do remember thinking the same thing about its difficulty. That being said, it still had a longer lifespan than most of the games that came out at the time. I might download a ROM of ZAMN, it'd probably be interesting seeing how many more zombie references I'd get now. I mean I probably hadn't even seen Dawn of the Dead when I first played it, so the Zombies in the Mall thing didn't mean much to me.

Believe it or not, I've never played that game! It sounds great though...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Malachi Constant on Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:29 pm

There was a Snake Plissken game in development with heavy involvement from John Carpenter Debra Hill and Kurt Russell. Kurt was said to be doing the voicework and they wanted to turn it into a series I think it was going to be called The Snake
Plissken chronicles or something along those lines. Namco was making it and it was to be exclusive to X-box
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Kilgore on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:13 am

Well, on the order of 'Snake Plissken Chronicles', I would love to see a 'Chuck Norris Chronicles' since folks are going to be writing code anyway...this way you can be Chuck in the best moments of 'The Octagon', 'Good Guys Wear Black', 'Lone Wolf McQuade', 'Code of Silence' and 'Delta Force', without having to make a financial commitment to a series of games...

And now on a more serious note, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a game based on 'Dirty Harry'.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Return to Games