Playstation 3 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby EWS on Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:45 pm

I very much doubt it will be discussed Tony, the last post on here before mine was pretty much a month previous.

PS3 news comes out all the time, however it's not posted because it just gets forgotten. I don't think you can lump ALL news about one console collectivly into a single thread.
monorail77 wrote:I officially vote EWS as way fucking coolest guy in the Zone

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
Remember, your new thread always belongs somewhere else!
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:48 pm

Super freak out 2006.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:50 pm

Okay, first, let me re-post what I wrote above you:

MasterWhedon wrote:I've gone back to re-read your article, and, if it interests you, my suggestion would be to post it first and foremost in the XBox 360 thread as it regards an exclusive contract they've signed. You could then re-post the article in the PS3 thread and say it's a blow for the system. OR, if you're hell-bent on creating a thread for it, consider creating one for FIFA games (if one does not already exist).

If you thought it was wrong for me to ask you to post in the PS3 thread, THEN POST IN THE 360 THREAD!!

My credentials as a gamer have nothing to do with me asking you to re-post here. I simply skimmed the article and read YOUR THREAD TITLE and assumed I had all the appropriate information. Apparently, I was off by one system, but you'll have to give that to me as I'm at work and trying to do this in between by real job.

Give me a break, dude. I'm not asking that we confine everything to nice, tight, labeled boxes, I'm suggesting we don't start a new thread every time a press release comes out.

And if you're worried about inactivity in the Games thread, a shitload of new 2-post threads aren't going to help that any.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby tfactor on Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:58 pm

I digested it and it gave me gas!

I have no negative view of voiceing an opinion or making suggestions, but I do have a problem with people who ask questions like "does thou hath.." (seriously how are you going to through Shakespearian dialogue into a debate about video games?) and I have a problem with those who give whedo a hard time. You keep pushing for his replacement and for someone "more equipped" to do the job and I'm not even whedon and I find that offensive. Through into the equation words like "nazism" and you have a recipe for disaster.

you really should just relax and smoke a joint or something dude, then once your high you can pm whedon your apology for questioning him and suggesting that someone else do the job he's performed admirably.

do it swiftly, do it now!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby EWS on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:03 pm

Already way ahead of you on the whole joint matter. I didn't question Whedon's overall ability to do the job, what I did was say that possibly someone who is more equipped to deal with gamer news be put in charge of this sub-forum. It would help clear Whedon's desk and allow him to focus on more issues.

It's called delegation.

Would you put someone who was in love with Basketball in charge of a Baseball forum?

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:09 pm

EWS, I don't want to have this conversation anymore, but you're making so, so many assumptions about who I am, what I'm interested in and what my abilities are. I don't really have the time or inclination to refute any of them, I'm just remembering that rule about about assumptions.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby King Psyz on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:03 pm

so on another note...

I love me my sony and up until the PS3 they were making a pretty good case for a large company getting gamers.

Now another flub, seems our friends who use the PAL format TVs are shit outta luck for their PS3 fix until MARCH 2007!!!!!

This is going to hurt their marketshare imensely...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby EWS on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:33 am

Well basically Sony have dropped the ball big time. Did you hear the figures that are going to be available come launch day?

100,000 in Japan
400,000 in America.

Thats 1/2 a million in two markets that serve over 300 million. Can anyone say bye bye to Sony?

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:34 am

No, sorry EWS, you are posting this in the wrong place. Please delete it or move it. Thank you.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby EWS on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:43 am

What the fuck?

Go suck yourself douchebag.

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Playstation 3 Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:45 am

EWS wrote:Well basically Sony have dropped the ball big time. Did you hear the figures that are going to be available come launch day?

100,000 in Japan
400,000 in America.

Thats 1/2 a million in two markets that serve over 300 million. Can anyone say bye bye to Sony?

They aint dropping the ball, sony and microsoft pulled this bullshit with both the ps2 and xbox 360. It dose several things.

It makes the system harder to get. So going with the whole Eric Cartman mentalitly, Its all mine and you cant have any (indirectly quoting the ep were cartman gets his own theme park, and puts out a comercail telling everyone that they cant go in, causing people to want to go! Same basic pricipal here)

in doing this, it automaticly becomes talk of the town, which gets free press, which builds the system up to be this great and holy thing. Thus keeping interest high for a while untill they flood the fuckng market with more systems around march when everyone can get one and it instantly becomes less cool. Then after another year, they'll lower the price about 100 bucks allowing the rest to get theri hands on ti.

I will not be getting one on launch as i currently do not have a job and thus my plans to get one are not put on hold.

Besides, we all know now that the Wii will be the dark horse suprise of the system wars!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: Playstation 3 Thread

Postby EWS on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:52 am

bastard_robo wrote:
EWS wrote:Well basically Sony have dropped the ball big time. Did you hear the figures that are going to be available come launch day?

100,000 in Japan
400,000 in America.

They aint dropping the ball, sony and microsoft pulled this bullshit with both the ps2 and xbox 360. It dose several things.

It makes the system harder to get. So going with the whole Eric Cartman mentalitly, Its all mine and you cant have any (indirectly quoting the ep were cartman gets his own theme park, and puts out a comercail telling everyone that they cant go in, causing people to want to go! Same basic pricipal here)

in doing this, it automaticly becomes talk of the town, which gets free press, which builds the system up to be this great and holy thing. Thus keeping interest high for a while untill they flood the fuckng market with more systems around march when everyone can get one and it instantly becomes less cool. Then after another year, they'll lower the price about 100 bucks allowing the rest to get theri hands on ti.

I will not be getting one on launch as i currently do not have a job and thus my plans to get one are not put on hold.

Besides, we all know now that the Wii will be the dark horse suprise of the system wars!

The difference here though, is that there are only 400,000 for America. Sony don't need to ramp up support for their machine, they have enough fanboys as it is waiting for this thing to come out, and in my opinion the price + the fact that people are having to wait will turn many people over to the 360.

It would be very interesting to see how many 360' were sold since the news that the PS3 would be delayed in Europe, and that collectivly Japan and America would only get 500,000 for their launches.

My problem lies with Sony continually fibbing;

First, they said it would be released in the Spring - LIE
Then, that it would support up to 8 players wirelessly - LIE
Then, that it would have two HDMI ports - LIE
Then, that they wouldn't have a cheaper version released - LIE

Then the controller, which is essentially a dual shock two. It doesn't even have rumble, but has been replaced with a sub-standard version of the WII.

Then comes the price. I don't care if it comes with a Blu-ray drive. I just want to play games. I don't want to be paying for the damn drive if I don't ever intend to use it, and if Sony had released a cheaper version that didn't come with the drive then I would have probably forked out for it. But £425, then about £60 for a game? Plus I will probably have to buy an extra controller if I want to play with mates...then, if I do actually want one I am going to have to wait months and months after the release date.

I think I will stick to the Wii thanks.[/list]

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:54 am

EWS wrote:What the fuck?

Again you've put this in the wrong thread, please move it to the appropriate place :wink:

j/k
Last edited by TonyWilson on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyWilson

Postby EWS on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:55 am

Well it failed....big time.

Wasn't big and it wasn't clever.

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:56 am

I'd like a vote about that actually.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby EWS on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:58 am

Ah yes, well picking on the person who isn't in the "crew" woo! Yay go you big man!

Got nothing to add to this topic...fuck off.

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Re: Playstation 3 Thread

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:00 am

bastard_robo wrote:

100,000 in Japan
400,000 in America.

I thought exactly this - the "Buzz Lightyear" style of marketing - at least that was the first time I was conscious of a company deliberately short-supplying to create demand (I'm sure its been done before).

If I had limitless funds, sure, I'd b out there, first in the queue...but the size of the markdown in price within 12 months is so huge that these days I hold off until at least the following Xmas. In the UK it normally saves you around £100 - and the games you get thrown in for free are ones worth having as well. Its no big sacifice either because the second gen consoles are pretty capable machines and will still be fully supported.

As for the PAL thing - thats always been the case with Sony...the European market is their least concern after N America and Asia - a combination of less people and people who spend less on games. Its kind of hard ofr us to argue the case as well.....but it really sucks seeing other folk get games months ahead and just sitting around, controller in hand, waiting waiting waiting....(Mind you - we're getting MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE first so, you know, "Whoo-Hoo" and stuff!)
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby EWS on Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:25 pm

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:30 pm

EWS wrote:Ah yes, well picking on the person who isn't in the "crew" woo! Yay go you big man!

Got nothing to add to this topic...fuck off.

Yes that's why I picked on you, because I need to pick on people who aren't members of the "crew" . I mean I clearly don't pick on anyone else enough right? Jesus man, take the chip of your shoulder and try it wth ketchup you are only looking like an asshole at the moment.
TonyWilson

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:38 pm

I think EWS works for Nintendo.
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:49 pm

thebostonlocksmith wrote:I think EWS works for Nintendo.

I don't think EWS works.... for anyone.

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:57 pm

he just seems to have a real problem with sony. But champions the Wii whenever the chance arises. I also like the bit he wrote above about Master Whedon not having put his heart and soul into the computer gaming columns or threads or whatever, and saying i think they should get someone who knows what they're talking about. Like everyone was going to say "Thank fuck EWS is here to allow us to drink from his overflowing cup of gaming knowledge", when all that happened was a couple of people called him an asshole. Dreams shattered, i hope certain members of 'the crew' are happy with themselves, knowing they've sent a little boy to bed in tears tonight, shame on you...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:05 pm

I sent a little boy to bed in tears?

SCORE!!!!
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:40 pm

I was wondering, was this:

EWS wrote:Remember, your new thread always belongs somewhere else!

there when you first made your post? Cause I am loving the irony if it was.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:08 pm

I also like the reference to keeping the place 'clean' he says the mods are like 'Monica Gellar crossed with a nazi'. I have only a limited amount of knowledge of friends - but isn't she jewish?
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Flumm on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:25 pm

thebostonlocksmith wrote:I also like the reference to keeping the place 'clean' he says the mods are like 'Monica Gellar crossed with a nazi'. I have only a limited amount of knowledge of friends - but isn't she jewish?

F4SC1SM!!1

....bringing people together.

Coming to a Zone near you, soon.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:57 pm

Flumm wrote:
thebostonlocksmith wrote:I also like the reference to keeping the place 'clean' he says the mods are like 'Monica Gellar crossed with a nazi'. I have only a limited amount of knowledge of friends - but isn't she jewish?

F4SC1SM!!1

....bringing people together.

Coming to a Zone near you, soon.

I looked at this a while back and I just looked at it again and I am still laughing.

I am still waiting to be able to subcribe to your newsletter...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:27 pm

yeah, it should be a gas...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:38 am

thebostonlocksmith wrote:yeah, it should be a gas...

The worst part about this joke isn't my aching ribs...no...its when people at work ask me what I'm laughing so hard about, I just dare not tell them....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:43 am

Yeah, this corner of the Zone is too nerdy for nerds! A PS3 thread in a gaming forum on Aintitcoolnews? Don't we get an award for posting here?

Why am I even posting here?

(and yes Monica is Jewish)
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DrSurvey on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:06 am

EWS works for himself and his pink hair (when he isn't banned for a reason un-explained). Infact, EWS has done some promotion work for Sony.

For me, it is rather clear that Sony have totally dropped the ball. The figures that they have quoted for the launches in America and Japan are low...very low...far too low. If they could have promised maybe 1 million for America, then it might have satisified demand and then pushed the Buzz Lightyear effect into action.

With the 400,000 that are going to be available, it will definatly push people into the 360 market, and in Europe with the delay definatly. I know many people who have now decided to go out and purchase the 360 in the wait for the PS3 to be released, and while it might not take the sales away from Sony - it will push the Microsoft sales up.

Then, with the low price of the Wii, it seems that Nintendo may be pushed up into Second place in the stakes.
DrSurvey
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:18 am

DrSurvey wrote:EWS works for himself and his pink hair (when he isn't banned for a reason un-explained)

Um... calling mods assholes and telling them to fuck off...is an explaination really needed?

EWS is the new Lupe.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DrSurvey on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 am

I don't believe I ever called a mod an asshole, but if somone makes a personal attack on me, then I have a right to defend myself. Mod or not.

And yes, an explanation is needed.

Edit: I preferred Playstation 3 Thread: Revenge of EWS
DrSurvey
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:32 am

Ah my bad...you called a mod a douchebag...not an asshole.

And by the way...I don't recall any personal attacks on you. But whatever. That is all in the past. If you want to be a productive member of the Zone now...then welcome. The Zone is a pretty awesome place if you give it a chance.

Yeah I wasn't sure if I should go with the Revenge of EWS or the EWS is the new Lupe.

In any event...I am not a huge fan of Sony. I have always preferred Nintendo or the Xbox. I do not own a 360...I am holding out for the Wii or for the price on the 360 to drop a bit more.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:33 am

Well, I've never even promoted myself, let alone anything of Sony's so...I guess all I have is the layman's view rather than any kkind of industry insight - be interesting to see if these predictions about them really dropping the ball come true or not. What will be the actual long-term effect then Dr EWS?

I remember people decrying XBOX as doomed from the get-go - and its hard to imagine a launch more bothced than that...the games weren't there, the price was way way off, stocks were short and so on.

Yet here we are.

Nintendo were out the running for how many years? And yet here they are - were their sales in the handheld market really that good that it underwrote their dismal performance in the console market for the past 10 years? These are genuine questions - as I say, I have no appreciation other than that of a high street gamer for these kind of issues, so I'm interested in what you guys believe.

I have a suspicion all three next-gen will come out (ok...one's out already, I know)...one will have got it astoundingly right, one will perform well enough and another will spend the first 12-18 months of its lifecycle making adjustments to make it more competititve/attractive (to designers as well as gamers).

But I don't think any of the big 3 will be critically injured as a result - we've been here before.

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DrSurvey on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:36 am

TonyWilson wrote:
EWS wrote:What the fuck?

Again you've put this in the wrong thread, please move it to the appropriate place :wink:

j/k

I considered that to be a personal attack, and when I replied the j/k was not there. Plus I wasn't in a mood for jokes that day.

The 360 should see a price drop soon, I remember reading they they had planned a drop within the first year of release, and with the core now selling for £200 in Britain, I expect a price drop soon of the Premium. With the PS3 now being delayed in Europe, I think Microsoft will be stupid not to drop the price to try and drive that wedge in further.

And I am productive, and was productive. I would just like an explanation as to why, as I was banned days after that incident. And a return for me to use EWS because that is what I am known on the net as.
DrSurvey
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:36 am

Which it will.

Very happy with my 360, even happier now the games seem to be coming through after the summer drought. It's the best thing evah.

I know some people who swear that the 360 isn't worth it, that they're holding out for the PS3, but each time I see them they don't have anything nice to say about Sony. I just get the feeling that the majority gamers, having once been through a slightly troubled launch with the 360, may just sigh and wait a bit for the PS3 price to drop a year later. It's not going to be an easy console to just buy off the shelf.

I've seen brand new 360's (core) going for £180 with Tomb Raider Legend free. Consider a PS2 retails with games at around the £120 mark, it's tempting, surely?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:45 am

The 360 is totally a tempting buy. The problem is that most of my cash goes to university, comics, and books. At the end of the day I just have very little cash to spend. If I muster up an extra couple hundred dollars...I would much rather use it to purchase some TPBs or graphic novels. For now, my Xbox and my Nintendo 64 are getting the job done. I went from being a hardcore gamer to being nearly apathetic towards gaming. Recent games just haven't captured my interest. Conversely, I could play Ocarina of Time and Mario64 for the rest of my days. If they decide to continue the KOTOR franchise...then I might have to suck it up and make the plunge...but for now I will wait for the Wii or another 360 price drop.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DrSurvey on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:45 am

The promotion was really because I was short of cash, and got lots of free stuff that I then sold on ebay.

The difference I find between when all that happened and now is that the gaming industry is just so much bigger now. When N64 was released (a console that I hated. I had a PS1) the market wasn't that big and so there was the ability to come back. The way I look at it is this;

When that generation of consoles were released there were more 3rd Party console-exclusives, with the PS getting more and the best of them. With the generation of the PS2, it started off strong, but started to diminish once the XBOX started to pick up steam. OK, so it was clear who won that round of gaming, but towards the end of the generation the XBOX was picking up some serious sales, and also getting the games that made the PS great. Games like Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, Pro Evolution Soccer (in Europe at least) and all of a sudden the only real difference between the consoles were the games that Sony and Microsoft churned out themselves.

Now the ball has swung the other way. At the moment I can see only Microsoft picking up strength and now that Sony don't have the juggernaught that is GTA I can see more people moving to the cheaper option of the 360.

Sony, in my valued (;)) opinion are relying far too much on Blu-Ray being a success.
DrSurvey
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:21 am

Wait. Wait...EWS was fired? Why am I always the last to know in this company??!? But EWS was the coolest person in the zone!! Hopefully you, good doctor will be up to the challenge to take his place. :wink:

Of course I hope you know that this is all said in fun, though I did not know that EWS was b4nn3d. I don't want to get yelled at... :lol: :wink:
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby DrSurvey on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:27 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Wait. Wait...EWS was fired? Why am I always the last to know in this company??!? But EWS was the coolest person in the zone!! Hopefully you, good doctor will be up to the challenge to take his place. :wink:

Of course I hope you know that this is all said in fun, though I did not know that EWS was b4nn3d. I don't want to get yelled at... :lol: :wink:

EWS? EWS who???

I don't know whether to believe you or not.....
DrSurvey
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Theta on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:07 pm

It's nice to come back and see the thread of Sony hate still burning.

Anybody else hear that Japanese gamers are getting assfucked for $75 to $85 a game?

And while I'm here, my favorite argument for buying a PS3:

"Well, if you bought twelve mediocre games at full price, you paid $600."

Hmmmm, yes, if I had actually done this, this would be true. However, I read reviews and don't buy games day and date unless they really excite me. So, really, what you're saying is that if I have money to burn and don't consider my purchases, I should buy a PS3.

Somehow, I can understand why Sony didn't go with this sales pitch.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:20 pm

I think it will be neat in the long run and I don't outright hate Sony but it is way to expensive.

Still it is cheaper then those Bluray players. Damn those are pricey
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Theta on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:53 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I think it will be neat in the long run and I don't outright hate Sony but it is way to expensive.

Still it is cheaper then those Bluray players. Damn those are pricey

To be fair, Sony has the PS3 as so far ahead of the game it'll be around for a decade. It's nice to view a game company as thinking that far ahead. I'm just honestly very skeptical of whether the system will actually last that long in the face of Moore's Law.

Although, I honestly feel that the "cheap Blu-Ray player" angle won't be an advantage by the time the PS3 becomes available enough to be bought on the same day you want one, which will probably be early 2008 (apparently they are having serious supply problems, namely with the blue laser diodes.)
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby MiltonWaddams on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:14 pm

Interesting fact: The Nintendo DS outsold the PSP and PS2... COMBINED.

People want fun games, not sheer power. I have no particular allegiance to any particular company, but I'm thinking Wii is going to win this one purely because it's a neat idea. The PS3 just seems so similiar to the 360 in the sense that it's just more of the same, but this time you can see eyelashes and raindrops. Ooh cool, let me get my wallot.
Urer yvrf Z.J.
Xvyyrq ol ungr naq vafvqr wbxrf.
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON

Postby moose4787 on Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:06 am

This really makes me angry. I have been telling my friends PS3 is the way to go for the past year and a half. But now charging 80-100 for a game is out ragious. This is not just pushing the gamer to a new price level like 360 did, this is just out right ripping them off. Just because the system is cheap doesnt mean that they can go off chraging a butt load for the games. I would prefer to go out and buy a blu ray player and not get the game function.
Xbox live profile: Moose4787
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Theta on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:15 pm

MiltonWaddams wrote:Interesting fact: The Nintendo DS outsold the PSP and PS2... COMBINED.

People want fun games, not sheer power. I have no particular allegiance to any particular company, but I'm thinking Wii is going to win this one purely because it's a neat idea. The PS3 just seems so similiar to the 360 in the sense that it's just more of the same, but this time you can see eyelashes and raindrops. Ooh cool, let me get my wallot.

You just quoted why the PS3 will sell at least 25 million consoles worldwide. They are called graphics whores, my friend, and unfortunately, in the gaming world they are legion.

By the by, the PS3 and the 360 are going to look more similar than you might think. Most third pary developers have been saying they can't afford to make system exclusives and so will probably just be coding the game for the 360 and porting it.

I'd love to agree with you that the Wii will take this one, but I honestly think this one is too close to call. Nintendo and Microsoft have both fixed a LOT that was wrong with the previous generation, and I personally think Sony would have had a fight on its hand even if the launch hadn't been a total debacle.

If I really had to take a stab at it? The 360, but by a pretty narrow margin.

On the other hand, it'll be nice to have real competition.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Sweet...Zombie...Jesus

Postby Theta on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:32 am

You know, I have to say, for a fairly active forum...the fact that this sticky official thread is as quiet as Peoria on a Tuesday night is probably the most pointed sting to the PS3 I've seen yet.

Seriously, people, we're a day away from launch, when most of the units will be snapped up by eBay resellers, and nobody's even bothering to post anything? Ouch.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:51 am

Too busy saving money and waiting for next year's batch of PS3's that will hopefully be bug-free and possibly have faster and/or better Blu-Ray drives.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:54 am

PS3 Premium package (60gb HD, built-in wifi, Blu-ray, free online system) = $599

Xbox Premium package = $399
Xbox Wifi hookup = $99
Xbox HD-DVD = $199
Xbox Live (1 year) = $49

Thanks, but I'll wait for a PS3.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

PreviousNext

Return to Games