Playstation 3 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby Fawst on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 pm

When all is said and done, it comes down to the games. I had the Dreamcast, Cube, PS2 and Xbox and I think the best selection of quality games was on the PS2. What system did I like the most? Xbox, easily. I loved the controller, I loved Live, I loved the graphics, I loved everything about it. In the end, I just played more games on the PS2.

Right now, the PS3 is an utter failure in that department. I just recently bought my 360 because there just weren't enough games I wanted until recently. Wii is barely on my radar, and that's only because of Metroid. The PS3 has three exclusives (for now) that make me want one: MGS4, FFXIII and Lair. The first two will most likely be ported to 360 and the third could tank completely.

PS3 could pay my bills, be timed to have waffles cooked and covered with butter and syrup when I wake up, fellate me when I'm horny and tuck me in at night, but if it doesn't have any good games, that's still a waste of $600 to me.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:05 pm

Fawst wrote:When all is said and done, it comes down to the games. I had the Dreamcast, Cube, PS2 and Xbox and I think the best selection of quality games was on the PS2. What system did I like the most? Xbox, easily. I loved the controller, I loved Live, I loved the graphics, I loved everything about it. In the end, I just played more games on the PS2.

Right now, the PS3 is an utter failure in that department. I just recently bought my 360 because there just weren't enough games I wanted until recently. Wii is barely on my radar, and that's only because of Metroid. The PS3 has three exclusives (for now) that make me want one: MGS4, FFXIII and Lair. The first two will most likely be ported to 360 and the third could tank completely.

PS3 could pay my bills, be timed to have waffles cooked and covered with butter and syrup when I wake up, fellate me when I'm horny and tuck me in at night, but if it doesn't have any good games, that's still a waste of $600 to me.

Amen Brother.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby This is a biscuit on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:03 pm

If i come across as a bit angry it's certainly not with you, (unless you are that Struggling Background Artist Phil Harrison), I just dont like seeing people say shit isn't shit just 'cos it's got a sugar coating on top. Believe me, if Microsoft or Nintendo had done the same thing then I'd rant about them too.

My Mask!
Mean, ignorant, narrow-minded douchebag, at your service. Pissing people off since '72.
This is a biscuit
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:19 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:And where's the hate directed at you?

Not in this thread. Elsewhere. He's kind of our new favorite punching bag at the moment, although he's also the first Sony fan to offer anything resembling a coherent and sane defense on these boards, so that's a start.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:51 am

Why you raggin' on that PS Tripple?

(seriously - watch that YouTube clip in the link above and some of the video responses and comments - it's the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in a long time!)

I have to say, I think the PS3 doesn't deserve some of the criticism it is getting - give it a year and I bet it will have some awesome games. LittleBigPlanet in particular looks BEAUTIFUL.

There, I said it - watch the clip of LBP in the link above. When I first saw it, I almost wept at how good it looked.

Playstation Home is pretty massively cool as well - I'm sure they took their *ahem* "inspiration" from the Mii system, but from what I've seen, it kicks all kinds of ass. I still don't think the console is going to sell as many as the Wii, which is great for Wii owners because it (hopefully) means that there are several development teams hard at work on some awesome Wii games - which should reach us sometime next year.

Thing is, this whole console debate has reminded me that I'm just as interested in the games as I am the actual consoles. Y'all know I love my Nintendo, but the fact is, all 3 consoles are gonna have some great games coming out during their lifetimes and I have no doubt that I shall own each one at some point. And now I have a big fuckoff telly, I can definitely appreciate the benefits of HD gaming (Gears of War in HD? :shock:)

BALLIN'!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:09 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:I have to say, I think the PS3 doesn't deserve some of the criticism it is getting

I agree with you about the games. But much of what Theta, Eye, Fawst, and I have been saying is fact. These facts just point out the flaws. I could list 20 facts about the PS3, never criticising it. But it might still feel like I am. Thats how totally messed up it is.

However, if they do in fact release another Twisted Metal, and it doesn't suck, I would be persuaded... :wink:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:12 pm

godzillasushi wrote:I could list 20 facts about the PS3, never criticising it. But it might still feel like I am. Thats how totally messed up it is.

True! Still, chad warden makes some good points too, nah mean? :lol:
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:52 pm

There's no doubt that LittleBigPlanet is an absolutely superb looking game. Reports from the GDC suggest that it's going to be a big title for PS3; however it won't be a big title until NEXT YEAR!

It's penned for Q1 2008, so is Gran Turismo 5 which is another game I want to own. So is pretty much every major Playstation franchise. In my eyes, that's unforgivable. Infact, i think it's the first time a company has released a new console WITHOUT a flagship title to go with it. The fact is, Sony held out too long to see what everyone else was coming up with and rushed out to put their product on the market before they really lost their ground.

So, the criticism isn't of the PS3 per se, rather Sony's incredulous business practices. As a consumer, i'm a little pissed off about being forced into owning a BluRay player. The claim is that there are going to be games that require the storage offered by the format but if you read what most developers are saying, they think 40GB is excessive. It takes alot of work to fill a 9GB DVD, i'd hate to have to fill a BR disc. I'm pissed off there aren't any decent game here already. The excuse that it takes developers time to get to grips with the machine is bullshit; big developers have had devkits for quite some time now.

I don't think the PS3 will fail. It's going to come down in price at some point and that will certainly help to move units. It is going to have some nice exclusives, but as someone else already pointed out. Sony have damaged their rep with developers; their exclusives might dry up if they don't get their act together.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Theta on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:42 pm

Since I've shat on Sony so much, I figure the least I can do is point out that while it may not be a perfect game system, the PS3 Folding@Home project is the most powerful distributed computing network in the world and has already gotten a LOT more done than the researchers who designed it thought possible. So, while I may bag on Sony (repeatedly), at least the PS3 has done some good in the world.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:48 pm

In that case Theta, what they should do is take the 1 million + units that haven't sold in Europe and stick them on the Folding program.

That way, they'd get used AND save the planet at the same time.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Theta on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:53 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:In that case Theta, what they should do is take the 1 million + units that haven't sold in Europe and stick them on the Folding program.

That way, they'd get used AND save the planet at the same time.

Well, you have to admit, they'd be more useful that way...

I hope this research leads to a cure for Alzheimer's. Not just because it would be a medical miracle making the lives of millions happier, healthier and saner, but also because then we'd have something to pick on Jack Thompson with. "Hey, Jack, we helped cure Alzheimer's! What have you done for the world lately?"
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Tue May 01, 2007 2:46 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070430/tc_nm/sony_apology_dc;_ylt=AocrbAjn1pH0PjKXflVLeS0jtBAF

Yahoo Tech wrote:LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Sony Corp. (6758.T)(NYSE:SNE - news) on Monday issued an apology for using a freshly slaughtered goat as a prop at its "God of War II" video game launch party in Athens, a publicity stunt that has outraged animal rights activists.

Sony hosted about 20 journalists at the March 1 event, which it called a theatrical dramatization with a Greek mythological theme. The goat, provided to the production company by a local butcher, was part of the set dressing, the company said.

The U.K.'s Daily Mail newspaper on Sunday published a story on the party, where female hostesses with breasts covered with nothing but body paint fed grapes to guests, who competed to eat the most "warm entrails" -- a meat soup made to look like the goat's internal organs.

The Daily Mail's story quoted the International Fund for Animal Welfare, which said it was "outrageous" that the animal's death had been used "to sell a few computer games."

In its mea culpa, Sony said: "We recognize that the use of a dead goat was in poor taste and fell below the high standards of conduct we set ourselves."

The company said it has launched an internal inquiry into the circumstances of the event and that it will put measures in place to make sure it does not happen again.

Greek mythology-inspired "God of War II" for the PlayStation 2 console was the best selling game in the United States in March. The game has a mature rating and Sony said party attendees were all over the age of 18.

While sales of the PS2 remain robust, sales of Sony's new PlayStation 3 are lagging those of rival consoles from Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq:MSFT - news) and Nintendo Co. Ltd (7974.OS)

This is not the first time that the Japanese electronics maker's video game marketing has inflamed critics.

Last year, the company pulled a Dutch billboard advertising campaign for its the white version of its PlayStation Portable (PSP) handheld player. It portrayed a white woman aggressively grabbing the face of a black woman and was dubbed racist by critics.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Tue May 01, 2007 2:49 pm

wouldn't that be more suited to random gaming news?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby godzillasushi on Tue May 01, 2007 2:53 pm

I guess, I mean I was posting for Sony in general so everyone kind of posts here for that. Everything always belongs somewhere else! :oops:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Tue May 01, 2007 2:58 pm

King Psyz wrote:wouldn't that be more suited to random gaming news?

Eh...this is as much a thread about Sony PR fuckups as it is about the PS3. It can stay.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby This is a biscuit on Tue May 01, 2007 2:59 pm

Why you gotta hate, dog?

I mean, the PS3 is mentioned in the article, so technically its in the right place.

:D
Mean, ignorant, narrow-minded douchebag, at your service. Pissing people off since '72.
This is a biscuit
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Wed May 02, 2007 5:19 am

Oh yeh...i foroot about the sacrificial goat thing. Seriously, between this stunt and their "This is Living" wank advertisments, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Mind, even bad publicity is good publicity. They just got nearly a full page ad in a big UK paper.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby King Psyz on Wed May 02, 2007 8:41 pm

Theta wrote:

Eh...this is as much a thread about Sony PR fuckups as it is about the PS3. It can stay.

We all know you love to hate sony but isn't there a thread just for things of this nature?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 04, 2007 4:22 pm

King Psyz wrote:We all know you love to hate sony but isn't there a thread just for things of this nature?

I will post news stories like this in that thread for now on.

~Apologies all around :wink:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Fri May 04, 2007 4:39 pm

godzillasushi wrote:I will post news stories like this in that thread for now on.

~Apologies all around :wink:

And then we'll come in here and point at the PS3 and laugh. Because it has a tiny market share. :D
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 04, 2007 4:47 pm

Theta wrote:And then we'll come in here and point at the PS3 and laugh. Because it has a tiny market share. :D

:lol:

Did you hear that it doesn't have any games?

Word on the street is that it's a giant POS....
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Sat May 05, 2007 4:30 am

godzillasushi wrote: :lol:

Did you hear that it doesn't have any games?

Word on the street is that it's a giant POS....

Didn't you know it was a BluRay player that plays games? The games won't be out for another 9 - 12 months...
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Theta on Fri May 11, 2007 8:59 pm

So today as I was heading home from work, I saw a kiosk set up plugging the PS3 in a Best Buy parking lot. So I got off the bus for the hell of it.

I came away kind of wanting a PS2 for "God Of War II". It was actually kind of sad; I played Motorstorm and Resistance but they didn't really hold my attention. "God Of War" may just be a fighting game, but it was more interesting and more fun than the next-gen games.

Jeeez-us. I've gone from hating Sony to actually feeling deeply sorry for them, if they're reduced to this.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Theta on Tue May 15, 2007 10:07 pm

Well, sales are up. SM3 is doing well. You'd think everything is just humming right along for Sony, which it largely is.

Except for the games division, and that was enough to pwn them for the quarter.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/15/record-loss-for- sony-predicted-by-bloomberg/

A $1 BILLION LOSS? Jesus!

EDIT: No Metal Gear Solid until 2008. At the earliest.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri May 25, 2007 10:16 am

No games of any real noteworthy-ness until 2008 that should say Theta. Sony spent so long trying to outdo the competitions hardware that they totally forgot about the games..DUH..sill Sony.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Theta on Fri May 25, 2007 10:57 am

I think the most damning thing about this entire thread is that you and I are the only ones posting to it, Eye.

Hey, did you hear about the NPD numbers for April? Ouch!
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Sat May 26, 2007 12:09 am

Has anyone played Motorstorm? Of all the PS3 games, I think that is the only one I'd play.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070709/tc_pcworld/134260;_ylt=ArfHtn1VsAa1DBMy8QhEcm8jtBAF

Somebody somewhere before Yahoo posted it wrote:Sony Corp. is introducing a new version of its PlayStation 3 console in North America in August and cutting the price of the current 60G-byte model by US$100 from Monday, it said.

The price of the current console with a 60G-byte hard-disk drive will fall to US$499 or C$549 from Monday and a new version with 80G-byte hard-disk drive will be launched in August at US$599 or C$659, which is the same price that the 60G-byte model has been selling at until now.

The new pricing means that the top-of-the-line PlayStation 3 will still carry the same price tag as it has since launch so while the price of the 60G-byte model has been cut it's perhaps not the lower price that analysts have been looking for from Sony for several months.

The PlayStation 3's price, the highest ever for a games console, has been criticized since before it was launched in November last year and it is cited by many as a reason for relatively poor sales of the console. Sony missed its shipment target for the first few months and has been struggling to keep up with Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s smash-hit Wii console, which costs about half as much.

The timing of the cut comes as some surprise. On Friday Sony President Ryoji Chubachi told Reuters in an interview that Sony had no plans at present to cut the price of the console.

The 80G-byte version of the console was first revealed in a regulatory filing with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in March. The machine was officially announced by Sony in late May and first went on sale in South Korea in June.

Sony said the extra hard-disk space will appeal to online gamers and those interested in using the PlayStation 3's Internet connection to download movie trailers and games. The new version will also come packaged with the "MotorStorm" game that supports up to 12 people playing online in the same game simultaneously.

Earlier on Monday before Sony announced its price cut, the head of Microsoft's Japan unit said the company has no plans to cut the price of its Xbox 360 console should Sony reduce the PlayStation 3 price.

"I think we have very competitive pricing," said Darren Huston, president of Microsoft's Japan unit at a Tokyo news conference

Im a huge racing fan and I finally saw Motorstorm in action last week. I came away impressed. It looks like a blast. Not a 500 dollar blast but, maybe someday....

Anyway, good news for those of you that are waiting this out. 100 bucks off. Still, after you add in tax, component cables, and a game, it's still wayyy too much! At least for me. I am no king, just a common man. Im sure that comes as a suprise to most of you. I like suprises. But not painful suprises. Like the ones where you find out you have cancer. SUPRISE!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:19 am

Killzone 2 and the Home network thing both scored huge at E3. Infamous looks very interesting - a GTA about superheroes?
The new PSP is a joke. The only MAJOR change is a video output. No control changes. Weak.

All in all, in my opinion Sony didn't fall on their faces at E3. In fact, I think they showed that the games are slowly catching onto the technology.

The next few years are going to get better and better for all three systems.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:46 am

Well Sony keeps losing exclusives so appearantly they are making up for that with new games that aren't cheap sequels. I don't give em' credit for anything though. MGS4 could still easily be multi-platform and leave them out in the cold. Home is just a way for them to make a bunch of money in a fairly low cost way. Micro-transactions are like, the way of the future and I hate it. Stuff you used to unlock in games like new outfits or tracks or maps, are now costing money. And a lot of money too. Sony is just at the forefront of a new way to do that business. It's not fair to gamers.
Last edited by godzillasushi on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:19 am

MGS4 still has not been confirmed as an exclusive, and I don't think we'll get any word on that for a while. At least, not until closer to the launch. If the game is not exclusive, it very likely will be a timed exclusive, like what's happening with Unreal Tournament 3 where it's only on PC and PS3 for 6 months or so. I hate that, but what are you gonna do?

Motorstorm rules for one reason, and one reason only: the PS3 kiosks that have the demo on it play a song by Pendulum as the music.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 am

magicmonkey wrote:Has anyone played Motorstorm? Of all the PS3 games, I think that is the only one I'd play.

I have, and it is utterly rad, possibly the prettiest racing game ever, IMO.

Having said that, have you played Forza 2? Because frankly, that's even better - for an all-round experience, at least.

Have you guys seen some of the level and character-creation footage of LittleBigPlanet from E3? My God, if that game was out right now, I'd be mortgaging my rectum to get a PS3.

I've had a little look at the Home beta, and it leaves a lot to be desired. Not quite as good as it should be. Yet.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:45 am

*goes to check out Littlebigplanet footage*
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:49 am

I dunno if it's your cup of tea, Monkey - but I don't think anybody could see the footage and disagree that the game itself looks BEAUTIFUL.

That's the only word for it, it's just beautiful
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:55 am

Ooh nice. That is one to look out for. I was watching footage today of Heavenly Sword and having not yet played "God of War" I thought it looked pretty darn tasty.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:57 am

The thing with "littlebigplanet" is the graphic style, and the interaction that seems to be taking place. Its got an atmosphere, and any game that can manage that is my cup of tea.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Fawst on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:03 am

magicmonkey wrote:Ooh nice. That is one to look out for. I was watching footage today of Heavenly Sword and having not yet played "God of War" I thought it looked pretty darn tasty.

The little bit I've seen of Heavenly Sword makes it look like a very major ripoff of God of War. It also looks like it could be a lot of fun. Not sure if the story will come anywhere close to being as good as GoW, though. Then again, I don't even know what the story is.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:42 pm

King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby DanielSan on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:34 pm

I just got a PS3 from my girlfriend for my birthday (she is now firmly in place to win the championship for Best Girlfriend Ever), and I need suggestions for what game(s) I should buy. It came with MotorStorm, but I want a really good shooter. I loved Resident Evil 4 - anything along those lines? Thanks for any input!
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:55 pm

DanielSan wrote:I just got a PS3 from my girlfriend for my birthday (she is now firmly in place to win the championship for Best Girlfriend Ever), and I need suggestions for what game(s) I should buy. It came with MotorStorm, but I want a really good shooter. I loved Resident Evil 4 - anything along those lines? Thanks for any input!

Theres still not a ton of great games for it but Resistance: fall of man is cool

The next game Im waiting for is Folklore, which is out in 2 weeks.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby DanielSan on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:44 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
DanielSan wrote:I just got a PS3 from my girlfriend for my birthday (she is now firmly in place to win the championship for Best Girlfriend Ever), and I need suggestions for what game(s) I should buy. It came with MotorStorm, but I want a really good shooter. I loved Resident Evil 4 - anything along those lines? Thanks for any input!

Theres still not a ton of great games for it but Resistance: fall of man is cool

Thanks! Yeah, the research I'm doing is all steering me toward Resistance, too.
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:47 pm

DanielSan wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, the research I'm doing is all steering me toward Resistance, too.

id check out folklore too if your into rpgs
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Playstation 3 Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:19 am

If you want a fun fucking game, and you happen to like anime..

By buddy just got his PS3 and got DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM for it.

I picked it up the other day for a test play, and before I realized it... 5 hours had gone by...
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fievel on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:14 pm

EEGADS!!!

The PS3 is almost affordable!!! :lol:

Actually, that is finally a reasonable deal from Sony. Too bad they couldn't offer that at launch... or the months that followed.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:19 pm

Fievel wrote:EEGADS!!!

The PS3 is almost affordable!!! :lol:

Actually, that is finally a reasonable deal from Sony. Too bad they couldn't offer that at launch... or the months that followed.

I guess that's why it always pays to wait a while... (see also: iPhone!)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fawst on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:33 pm

That's why I'm no longer an early buyer. Only if it's something I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEED TO HAVE, and those days are kinda behind me. Dreamcast, I took the day off from work to get it. Cube, same thing. If I have my HDTV/PS3 when Metal Gear 4 comes out, I'll most likely take the day off. FFXIII? Hello week's vacation.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:11 pm

You can't play PS2 games!?!?

wait for it....

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Wow, so Sony touted that whole "We are BC, Microsoft is not" card and now they are quietly removing the functionality from the cheaper version? Funny funny funny. I'd like to add that if I were ever to get a PS3 console, it would have been mostly for that reason.

hehe nice!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:21 pm

godzillasushi wrote:You can't play PS2 games!?!?

That's why im glad I have the 60gb version.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fawst on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:19 pm

Oh yah, forgot about that. Another reason I "want" a PS3 is because I no longer have a PS2, and I would love to play those games again. Consider the back catalog of games for the PS2... it's massive.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:31 pm

Fawst wrote:Oh yah, forgot about that. Another reason I "want" a PS3 is because I no longer have a PS2, and I would love to play those games again. Consider the back catalog of games for the PS2... it's massive.

It's got a lot more worthwhile games on it than the PS3 does a year after release.

I have Gran Turismo 3 and Twisted Metal Black. Those are two very incredible games. And even with how old they are I still love them. Backwards compatibility is the one positive I do find because of that massive library.

If they made a new Twisted Metal game.......oh how I wish.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Games