Cell phone games

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Cell phone games

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:05 am

I downloaded "Mafia Wars" the other day when I was bored stiff at work. You're the thug in the grey suit who's gotta kill the thugs in the brown suits, but make sure not to kill your mates in the green suits or the whores or the cops. There's a series of missions that you can either fail, pass satisfactorily, or pass exceptionally. If you do super well and impress the mob boss you get a promotion. I forgot what you start out us, basically a random twat, and then you progress to Associate, Insider, and Mobster's as far as I've gotten. Then there's also Last Man Standing mode where you have like an AK-47 and just waste as many brownsuits as you can. In the Story levels so far I've had a pistol and a shotgun that takes time to reload; you don't gotta press anything to reload, you just can't shoot as often--I was freaking out after getting used to the AK-47: I thought maybe I fucked up my '5' by pushing it so often to fire.

So, does anybody give a real poop about cell phone games? Anybody played the Brady Bunch Kung-fu game?
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:07 am

And I want to know from someone who's played a lot of games on their cell phone: is there any risk of wrecking your buttons using your phone like it's a controller? I can't help but feel wary; it doesn't seem designed for it...
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby horace on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:37 pm

Only poker has kept my attention, the prices are ridiculous and the game susually stink.
horace
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby RaulMonkey on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:44 pm

Well, I've made "Capo," "Consigliore" and finally the highest rank, "Don." I've passed all the levels now, within a week of buying the game. I hypothesize that all cell phone games are made relatively easy so that you keep on buying new ones... Not sure if it was worth $5.95 to alleviate my boredom as much as it did...
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:25 pm

i'm just hoping that one day they make a cell phone that is able to make phone calls to people... now that'd be fucking sweet...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby horace on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:25 am

Hahahha...
horace
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Petri on Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:53 pm

I entertain myself by taking pictures of stuff and sending it to my wife. Like the cat sleeping for instance or some girl in a short skirt. She especially appreciates the latter.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:54 pm

Petri wrote:I entertain myself by taking pictures of stuff and sending it to my wife. Like the cat sleeping for instance or some girl in a short skirt. She especially appreciates the latter.

you should take a picture of a girl in a short skirt who's sleeping... i'm sure she'd really love that...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Petri on Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:57 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Petri wrote:I entertain myself by taking pictures of stuff and sending it to my wife. Like the cat sleeping for instance or some girl in a short skirt. She especially appreciates the latter.

you should take a picture of a girl in a short skirt who's sleeping... i'm sure she'd really love that...

That'd get me in more trouble than it's worth.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Return to Games