Nintendo Wii Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Would you like to take a Wii?

Oui Wii
74%
Non Wii
4%
Don't care it'll be ass
6%
Don't care it'll be fried gold
15%

Total votes : 94

Re: Nintendo Wii Thread

Postby Bloo on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:45 pm

I can't imagine playing a football game on the Wii, If I wanted to throw the ball, I'd just like you know go out and throw the ball

I still have my gamecube hooked up but havent played it in years, but I still have my games
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby avirata on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:52 am

How does theWifi work if you have a nintendo ds? What do i need to purchase to go wireless? Son got a nintendo ds and want to go wireless what do i need to get?

Re: Nintendo Zii Thread

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:03 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:04 pm

From IGN:
Column: Nintendo is Lazy and You Don't Care
The company that shaped the industry as we know it seems content to cut corners and cash in. And for many gamers, that's just fine.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:17 am

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition

Celebrating Super Mario's 25th anniversary, this is a new edition of the blockbuster Super Mario All-Stars remake of early Super Mario titles. In addition to the game, buyers will get an item known as "Super Mario History 1985 - 2010." This includes a booklet recapping the history of the franchise, and a soundtrack spanning the first Super Mario Bros. all the way to 2010's Mario Galaxy 2.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:59 pm

TheButcher wrote:Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition

Celebrating Super Mario's 25th anniversary, this is a new edition of the blockbuster Super Mario All-Stars remake of early Super Mario titles. In addition to the game, buyers will get an item known as "Super Mario History 1985 - 2010." This includes a booklet recapping the history of the franchise, and a soundtrack spanning the first Super Mario Bros. all the way to 2010's Mario Galaxy 2.

Swing your arms from side to side come on let's do the Mario all together now...
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Re:

Postby azions on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:03 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
MadCapsule wrote:Turbo Grafx games will be available for download!!!

When I read this, 3 names came to my mind: Devil's Crush, Bomberman and SPLATTERHOUSE!!!!

Today is a great day!

btw Flumm - I kinda know what you mean, but I had a very interesting chat about this a couple of days ago. I've a friend who currently works in games journalism, but used to be in game design and shares a flat with 2 other guys who are also in the gaming industry. Now, this flat has just about every console and peripheral ever made lying around - they even have that crazy steel battalion thing for the X-Box.

But when I arrived at this dude's flat, I immediately noticed something: they have yet to buy a 360. I was stunned, and asked him why. "uninspiring - no games that have captured my interest so far" was the reply. Now, bearing in mind that this guy spent a ridiculous amount of time playing the likes of Halo 2, and has queued outside stores at midnight more than once for the launch of a new console/game - this is quite amazing.

I asked him what it would take to get him excited about a new game or console - "Revolution's the only thing I'm interested in at the moment". Again, considering this dude probably hasn't played his Gamecube in at least a year, and doesn't even own a DS, I found this pretty staggering - but he said a lot of his friends feel the same way. So if even "hardcore" gamers are turning their backs on Sony and Microsoft, I have a feeling that Revolution might actually win the next round of hardware wars. I say this because I think it's safe to say that DS has beaten PSP to the non-gamer market - with titles like Nintendogs and Brain Training wowing oldies and ladies who haven't played games since Pac-Man - and there's nothing to suggest that Revo won't repeat this achievement. So Revo is looking to appeal to the hardcore AND get ahold of a completely new gaming audience at the same time.

I realise that what I'm saying seems unlikely right now, given what has happened in previous years, but PS3 looks like it will be coming out after the Revo now, and 360's sales, from what I hear, haven't been madly impressive. I never would have predicted this situation 6 months ago, but times change, and I reckon things are seriously looking up for the big N at the moment....

I'm really hoping that the revolution is a success, but I think that the next Grand Theft Auto and Halo III are the only software titles that I can see carrying a system right now and without either of them its going to be difficult.
azions
GLIB

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:22 pm

What year is this?? Is my house time traveling again??!?!?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Peven on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:What year is this?? Is my house time traveling again??!?!?

what do you mean by that? i don't get it

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Re:

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Peven wrote:what do you mean by that? i don't get it

azions wrote:I'm really hoping that the revolution is a success, but I think that the next Grand Theft Auto and Halo III are the only software titles that I can see carrying a system right now and without either of them its going to be difficult.

He called it the Revolution ( the old name) and Halo 3? He is hoping its a success when it has been out for years?? I am just confused...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Re: Re:

Postby Peven on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
Peven wrote:what do you mean by that? i don't get it

azions wrote:I'm really hoping that the revolution is a success, but I think that the next Grand Theft Auto and Halo III are the only software titles that I can see carrying a system right now and without either of them its going to be difficult.

He called it the Revolution ( the old name) and Halo 3? I am just confused...

i still don't get it

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Basically he is speaking as if the Wii has not come out yet. Are you messing with me?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Peven on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Basically he is speaking as if the Wii has not come out yet. Are you messing with me?

and why would i do that? please explain this whole time travel thing again, still not sure if i understand....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Peven wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Basically he is speaking as if the Wii has not come out yet. Are you messing with me?

and why would i do that? please explain this whole time travel thing again, still not sure if i understand....

Well in 1955 I was putting a picture on the wall slipped and bumped my head and had a vision... but thats not important right now...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Peven on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Peven wrote:

Well in 1955 I was putting a picture on the wall slipped and bumped my head and had a vision... but thats not important right now...

maybe if your hands weren't so grotesquely large you would have been able to hang that picture less clumsily and averted said bump and vision

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Nintendo Wii2

Postby TheButcher on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Peven wrote:

The flux capacitor...

From IGN:
Wii2 – For and Against - Nintendo's next console – are we really ready for it? Choose your side.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Nintendo's Kid Icarus

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:17 pm

It's about damn time they made another Kid Icarus game. Mario, Metroid, and Zelda have had many games since they were introduced during the salad days of the NES, but no Kid Icarus love.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:39 pm

Nintendo Investor 'Flabbergasted' Iwata Hasn't resigned
Mike Mahardy wrote:At Nintendo's 74th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, an investor was surprised that Nintendo President Satoru Iwata hasn't resigned, given the company's financial woes.

"I do not understand video games and I even feel angry because, at Nintendo’s shareholders’ meetings, the shareholders always discuss things relating to video games or such childish topics as 'what the future of video games should be,'" the investor said.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby monorail77 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:18 pm

And yet Iwata's approval rating (from shareholders) went up after that same investor briefing.
I think the dude outed himself when he said "I do not understand videogames". He is yet another in a line of ignorant shareholders that got on the Nintendo bandwagon when the Wii was selling gangbusters a few years ago and returns were stupidly high. He doesn't get that the business is naturally cyclical and Nintendo is in it for the very long haul: over 100 years and counting. He is one of those idiots that keeps suggesting Nintendo should stop making hardware, go "third party" (like Sega) and publish Mario and Zelda games on the Apple and Android stores and on Playstation. These are terrible ideas that will only see short-term gains for Nintendo, at best, if at all.
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Re: NU-tendo?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:07 am

There Is A New Nintendo Console Seemingly In Development
Patrick Dane wrote:Nintendo had a knock out year in 2014 as the Wii U transformed into one of the best consoles on the market. Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Brothers Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, Amiibos and Bayonetta 2 made the Wii U the best console for first party games this year. In fact, Nintendo was one of the very few developers who came out better at the end of the year than they did going in as it was a rocky year for just about everyone in the games industry.

That is why I find myself a little worried about news of a possible new console from the Japanese company. In an interview with 4Gamer, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata made hints that the next console is in development. The original interview was in Japanese but NeoGAF have gone about trying to translate. Just as a warning, because these are publicly sourced, some of the translations could be a little imprecise. After explaining his frustrations of not being able to implement a sleep function on he GBA SP he said:

Right after the Wii U launched, when you were kind enough to give us quite a lot of feedback, Mr. Kawakami, I had a similar feeling of frustration to the GBA SP situation then. On various points, I thought ‘We have to do that next time! But, because of that, because of that frustration, not only do we want it to connect with features next time, we are actually working to fix it for next time.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Nintendo "NX"

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:47 am

NX IS NINTENDO'S NEW NEXT-GENERATION HARDWARE CONCEPT
Nintendo is expected to reveal more details next year.
JENNA PITCHER wrote:Nintendo President Satoru Iwata today mentioned the company is creating a new next-generation hardware concept called NX during a media event today.

Iwata revealed sparse details of the new "dedicated game system" during a joint announcement of its partnership with Japanese mobile gaming company DeNA. The partnership will result in the development of smartphone games starring Nintendo characters along with a new multi-platform platform software service.

"Nintendo, together with DeNA, will jointly develop a new membership service which encompasses the existing Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, the new hardware system with a brand-new concept, NX, and smart devices and PCs, and Nintendo will be the primary party to operate this new membership service," Iwata said via official translation. He also said that NX is not directly related to the service platform.

"As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename 'NX,'" he said. "It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Is This a Long-Lost Prototype of the "Nintendo PlayStation?"
Jay Hathaway wrote:At the summer Consumer Electronics Show in 1991, Sony announced that it was jumping into the video game hardware market for the first time, partnering with Nintendo to release something called a “PlayStation.” The device never made it to market—for reasons I’ll explain shortly—but someone on reddit may have come across a very rare prototype.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Games