Nintendo Wii Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Would you like to take a Wii?

Oui Wii
74%
Non Wii
4%
Don't care it'll be ass
6%
Don't care it'll be fried gold
15%

Total votes : 94

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:43 am

Evil Hobbit wrote:Look at this lawnmower wii video. Virtual Reality/Headtracking enabled with the nintendo wii!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Pretty crazy, would be amazing to have for games. Imagine shooters where you could simply peak around a corner to find an enemy hidden behind it! Great stuff.

That looks awesome, but why the hell did we have to be told by the voice of Kermit?

I have to admit, that really would make me play games like Time crisis if you had the tracking movement
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:50 am

papalazeru wrote:
Evil Hobbit wrote:Look at this lawnmower wii video. Virtual Reality/Headtracking enabled with the nintendo wii!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Pretty crazy, would be amazing to have for games. Imagine shooters where you could simply peak around a corner to find an enemy hidden behind it! Great stuff.

That looks awesome, but why the hell did we have to be told by the voice of Kermit?

I have to admit, that really would make me play games like Time crisis if you had the tracking movement

He has done alot of other cool things with the Wiimote. Pretty neat stuff...

One
Two
Three
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby papalazeru on Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:34 am

His head tracking has some of the best functions for the wii. Imagine if they incorporated it into a Time crysis or Resident Evil style game.....Amazing.

On another note. On TITG's recommendation, I got Resident Evil 4 for my wii. Its brilliant, I was always turned off from Resident Evil after playing 1 and 2 but RE4 is pretty cool. My one gripe is that I can't sidestep.

papalazeru

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:04 pm

papalazeru wrote:My one gripe is that I can't sidestep.

I know! And I always want to and get mad when I can't...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:49 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:

Ok. I've played and philosphised a good deal on RE4.

I've come to the conclusion that it's the same game as the original series.

All the benefits and all the flaws are there. Monsters are repeated on a regular basis which annoys the fuck out of me, but they are done in such a way that make it even worse.

In Dead Rising on the Xbox, the mindless zombie horde could be forgiven because that's exactly what they were but in RE4 you have set scenes and a mis en scene which follows, yet the zombies are all the same and lack character even though each scene is quite individual. It feels like you are playing a game rather than participating in a movie.

On a lighter note. I got to take part in Guitar Hero 3 which my gf got for christmas. She's had about 5 minutes on it while I play every other moment.

I knew I would enjoy this game but I never realised the extent that I would.

Being an ex concert pianist, I initailly took this game to be the easiest thing in history and condescended anyone who took part....My bad.

It's fucking difficult...much like any instrument, it take talents and perseverence. I really hope that GH3 gets people into playing the guitar because I'm desperate to learn a real one.

I spent about an hour swearing at the machine because I mentally labelled all the keys 1-5 and it conflicted with piano where 1 is the thumb but on a guitar....it aint'.

ARGH!

Still, 9/10 for the game. If only it had more tracks. Damn thing doesn't take up enough room on the disc. should have at least 300 songs.

papalazeru

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:58 pm

papalazeru wrote:

All the benefits and all the flaws are there. Monsters are repeated on a regular basis which annoys the fuck out of me, but they are done in such a way that make it even worse.

In Dead Rising on the Xbox, the mindless zombie horde could be forgiven because that's exactly what they were but in RE4 you have set scenes and a mis en scene which follows, yet the zombies are all the same and lack character even though each scene is quite individual. It feels like you are playing a game rather than participating in a movie.

On a lighter note. I got to take part in Guitar Hero 3 which my gf got for christmas. She's had about 5 minutes on it while I play every other moment.

Being an ex concert pianist, I initailly took this game to be the easiest thing in history and condescended anyone who took part....My bad.

It's fucking difficult...much like any instrument, it take talents and perseverence. I really hope that GH3 gets people into playing the guitar because I'm desperate to learn a real one.

I spent about an hour swearing at the machine because I mentally labelled all the keys 1-5 and it conflicted with piano where 1 is the thumb but on a guitar....it aint'.

ARGH!

Still, 9/10 for the game. If only it had more tracks. Damn thing doesn't take up enough room on the disc. should have at least 300 songs.

It doesn't translate to playing the guitar at all. In fact, Most guys that can shred a fretboard are lousy GH players, and vice versa...
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:31 pm

Bayouwolf wrote:
papalazeru wrote:

ARGH!

It doesn't translate to playing the guitar at all. In fact, Most guys that can shred a fretboard are lousy GH players, and vice versa...

I'm not a guitarist. Does this mean that Guitar Hero is harder than real life?

If it was on the piano it's a piece of piss but to be able to do this properly?!?!?!?!?!?

My god! It takes someone autistic. I'm on medium after 4 days worth of practice.

papalazeru

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:41 pm

I play guitar, and I get regularly schooled by girls who don't even know who the Butthole surfers are. The problem I find is that the buttons and strumming change between harmony and melody. Another annoyance is the strumming gadget gets in the way of the whammy bar. Another thing is that you get more points simply by shaking the shit out of the whammy bar, rather than using it to the flow of the music. Despite all this, I'm still addicted to the fucking game.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:I play guitar, and I get regularly schooled by girls who don't even know who the Butthole surfers are. The problem I find is that the buttons and strumming change between harmony and melody. Another annoyance is the strumming gadget gets in the way of the whammy bar. Another thing is that you get more points simply by shaking the shit out of the whammy bar, rather than using it to the flow of the music. Despite all this, I'm still addicted to the fucking game.

Totally agreed.

'Welcome to the jungle' needs a reserved Whammy bar but yet the game lets you put it wherever like a cheap whore.

Would love to be able to play classical guitar.

papalazeru

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 pm

papalazeru wrote:

If it was on the piano it's a piece of piss but to be able to do this properly?!?!?!?!?!?

My god! It takes someone autistic. I'm on medium after 4 days worth of practice.

Nah, Just go into practice and slow it down. It's all about patterns and repetition. I beat it on medium right outta' the box. (**** or better on every song, no less)
They kinda dumbed this installment down a peg with the lit carryover notes. You can do that quite a bit in the HARD level, even without the notes being lit up. The previous two GH's you had to figure out how to do it on your own. (The tutorials are a joke IMO)

The frustration level is no where near "Rock Band" though. That game, when played with 3 other people, is insanely cruel.

But playing the guitar is really not that difficult. I taught myself rhythm guitar just by reading the "tabbed" version of popular songs from websites that have such content. (I won't link them for "Copyright" rules, but PM me and I'll shoot you a few of my favorites.) I bought a guitar chord dictionary, and learned a few songs. Once you start building from that foundation, it becomes less of a chore, and more of a "Hey come listen to what I just learned to do"...

Memorizing chords, and transitioning from one to another is aggravating at first, but, eventually you figure out the patterns and it all comes easier.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:05 am

Bayouwolf wrote:
papalazeru wrote:

Nah, Just go into practice and slow it down. It's all about patterns and repetition. I beat it on medium right outta' the box. (**** or better on every song, no less)
They kinda dumbed this installment down a peg with the lit carryover notes. You can do that quite a bit in the HARD level, even without the notes being lit up. The previous two GH's you had to figure out how to do it on your own. (The tutorials are a joke IMO)

The frustration level is no where near "Rock Band" though. That game, when played with 3 other people, is insanely cruel.

But playing the guitar is really not that difficult. I taught myself rhythm guitar just by reading the "tabbed" version of popular songs from websites that have such content. (I won't link them for "Copyright" rules, but PM me and I'll shoot you a few of my favorites.) I bought a guitar chord dictionary, and learned a few songs. Once you start building from that foundation, it becomes less of a chore, and more of a "Hey come listen to what I just learned to do"...

Memorizing chords, and transitioning from one to another is aggravating at first, but, eventually you figure out the patterns and it all comes easier.

Not tonight. but, I will Pm you.
Thanks.

Music is always useful. Need to learn to rread guitar music as I only know the Trad stuff.

papalazeru

Postby monorail77 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:56 pm

papa - agreed GH3 is insanely fun. As I'm fond of repeating, nothing rocks harder than GH3.
Don't agree about RE4, I don't mind the repeating zombies. I get what you're saying tho, I just had more "game" than "cinematic" expectations. However, I never played any other versions of RE, so what the heck do I know?
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Bayouwolf wrote:But playing the guitar is really not that difficult. I taught myself rhythm guitar just by reading the "tabbed" version of popular songs from websites that have such content. (I won't link them for "Copyright" rules, but PM me and I'll shoot you a few of my favorites.) I bought a guitar chord dictionary, and learned a few songs. Once you start building from that foundation, it becomes less of a chore, and more of a "Hey come listen to what I just learned to do"...

I had a similar experience. I got a guitar, used Powertab software, and had a few things down in almost a week. Once you learn chords, it opens the door for anything.

Of course, for me, Guitar Hero has been a struggle until recently. I found going from the guitar to that was hard. Rhythm was the only thing that felt the same. Now I'm about half way through hard and I developed bad habits for the guitar! :oops:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:38 am

Super Mario Galaxy is the strangest thing I've ever played
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 am

papalazeru wrote:
Retardo_Montalban wrote:Another annoyance is the strumming gadget gets in the way of the whammy bar. Another thing is that you get more points simply by shaking the shit out of the whammy bar, rather than using it to the flow of the music.

'Welcome to the jungle' needs a reserved Whammy bar.....

Guys, guys, guys:

The whammy bar does not make any difference to the amount of points you score - it just fills up your star meter faster if you use it on certain long notes (it doesn't even have this effect on ALL long notes - you'll know it's working because the note will flash blue when you use the whammy). So most of the time, I just move the bar out of the way of my strumming hand, and it doesn't cause any problems. One thing I do which is pretty essential for mastering Medium or Hard levels, is to really take advantage of the "hammer on" thing - and to have as many fingers on the frets as possible.

By that, I mean that if you need to hold the yellow button, then you should have the green and red pressed down also. It's tricky at first but it's a habit you MUST get into if you want to attempt Hard Mode....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:40 am

Chilli wrote:Super Mario Galaxy is the strangest thing I've ever played

Yup. It's dizzying at first. Glad you're playing it.

Proudly completed the whole damn thing twice to get the extra level and I'd do it again.

Maybe everything execpt the purple coins on the Battle station and the coins on the Luigis purple coins and the Devil run lava spire.

I loved Red hot purple coins though (the lava level with the coins]. Great fun.

papalazeru

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:42 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
papalazeru wrote:
Retardo_Montalban wrote:Another annoyance is the strumming gadget gets in the way of the whammy bar. Another thing is that you get more points simply by shaking the shit out of the whammy bar, rather than using it to the flow of the music.

'Welcome to the jungle' needs a reserved Whammy bar.....

Guys, guys, guys:

The whammy bar does not make any difference to the amount of points you score - it just fills up your star meter faster if you use it on certain long notes (it doesn't even have this effect on ALL long notes - you'll know it's working because the note will flash blue when you use the whammy). So most of the time, I just move the bar out of the way of my strumming hand, and it doesn't cause any problems. One thing I do which is pretty essential for mastering Medium or Hard levels, is to really take advantage of the "hammer on" thing - and to have as many fingers on the frets as possible.

By that, I mean that if you need to hold the yellow button, then you should have the green and red pressed down also. It's tricky at first but it's a habit you MUST get into if you want to attempt Hard Mode....

I only use the whammy bar for effect. I didn't mean in game terms, I mean in listening to the tune.

I've just completed Medium which was awesome. 'Through Fire and Flames' on medium is lots of fun.
Last edited by papalazeru on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

papalazeru

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 am

papalazeru wrote:
Chilli wrote:Super Mario Galaxy is the strangest thing I've ever played

Yup. It's dizzying at first. Glad you're playing it.

Proudly completed the whole damn thing twice to get the extra level and I'd do it again.

Maybe everything execpt the purple coins on the Battle station and the coins on the Luigis purple coins and the Devil run lava spire.

I loved Red hot purple coins though (the lava level with the coins]. Great fun.

Haven't played it since the 27th, sadly.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Evil Hobbit on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Playing Mario Kart right now, it's fantastic, I love the Wii wheel. Needs some getting used to but it really adds a new level of gameplay.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:Playing Mario Kart right now, it's fantastic, I love the Wii wheel. Needs some getting used to but it really adds a new level of gameplay.

LUCKY! 2.5 mmore weeks unitl it's released!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Evil Hobbit on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:29 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Evil Hobbit wrote:Playing Mario Kart right now, it's fantastic, I love the Wii wheel. Needs some getting used to but it really adds a new level of gameplay.

LUCKY! 2.5 mmore weeks unitl it's released!

Graphics are fantastic, they really gone mad on some tracks. So much mayhem going on in these tracks. They've added a function for stunts, so for instance; on the side of a track is a boost, you hit it, ride up the side of the ramp, hop you're wiiwheel and you make a crazy ass flip, land on the other side of the ramp or halfpipe and you get a power boost. You can also boost like this every time you lift from the ground because of a small hill or something. The drifting also works much better because you can easily control it with the wheel. No more left right left right button tapping. Very cool stuff. And baby peach is incredible!

Oh there's also a way to give yourself a boost bye driving in someones slipstream for a moment or 2.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:18 pm

NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES NO MORE HEROES capiche?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:26 pm

Mario Kart got a 6 in Edge magazine. I generally go by their scores more than most so I'm guessing this new one won't stand the test of time.

I'd still have to play it first.

Edge gave No More Heroes a good score of about 8 or 9 so I would look into it but AH keeps ramming it down my throat so I might just give it a miss.

papalazeru

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Bollocks. I fail.

/rams it further down
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:29 am

papalazeru wrote:Mario Kart got a 6 in Edge magazine. I generally go by their scores more than most so I'm guessing this new one won't stand the test of time.

I'd still have to play it first.

Edge gave No More Heroes a good score of about 8 or 9 so I would look into it but AH keeps ramming it down my throat so I might just give it a miss.

A 6??? ZOMG, the Horrroorrrrr
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:22 am

I know, I had high hopes for the new Mario Kart!

papalazeru

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:50 pm

papalazeru wrote:I know, I had high hopes for the new Mario Kart!

I can't imagine this being a 6. Played it for 2 days now and it's most definitely a 85/100 score for me. It's just same old Mario Kart, very well made that is. It has a lot of new tracks but also a lot of the classic tracks that most of us are dying to revisit. At least I am. I love it to ride the old Mario Circuits or Bowser Castles, I love that. It's also great to have the classic karts back, and the motorcycles are fricking fun as well! Combine that with the wii-wheel touch and to me the fun factor is big studly 100/100. I love Mario Kart! :D
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:
papalazeru wrote:I know, I had high hopes for the new Mario Kart!

I can't imagine this being a 6. Played it for 2 days now and it's most definitely a 85/100 score for me. It's just same old Mario Kart, very well made that is. It has a lot of new tracks but also a lot of the classic tracks that most of us are dying to revisit. At least I am. I love it to ride the old Mario Circuits or Bowser Castles, I love that. It's also great to have the classic karts back, and the motorcycles are fricking fun as well! Combine that with the wii-wheel touch and to me the fun factor is big studly 100/100. I love Mario Kart! :D

Oh see...you could sell me just on your hype but....It's 'the Edge' man, I rate their reviews. The only judgement which I hold counter them is for Gears of War, but I also know I'm in a minority on that front.

I will certainly seek it out and give it a go but I can't guarantee it's a primo buy.

papalazeru

Postby King Psyz on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:43 pm

I'm more hyped for Okami:Wii at the moment as that game was made for the Wii.

I really hope the controls deliver. If it's more random waggling I'm gonna stop buying games for the Wii altogether.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Evil Hobbit on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:04 pm

I've traded some of my wii stars for wii points and bought me some Donkey Kong Country games. What a blast, it's great to play these old SNES Classics again. They still look surprisingly good, even blown up on a 40" tv the graphics are still pretty spectacular.

Besides the graphics, the gameplay is still top notch and the controls are instantly intuitive. The marvelous soundtrack completes the picture.

Playing through DK1, 2 and 3 I hope Nintendo will soon announce a new Donkey Kong adventure game. The big ape deserves a proper title, he missed out on the cube and I think it's time for him to go on another awesome adventure. I think I'll replay DK64 in the near future.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat May 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:I've traded some of my wii stars for wii points

What is a Wii Star?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun May 04, 2008 1:03 am

I now own Mario Kart. Is anyone still playing?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sun May 04, 2008 4:42 am

Evil Hobbit wrote:I've traded some of my wii stars for wii points

What is a Wii Star?

If you buy a game, there are these cards in the box. You scratch open a code and enter that code at nintendo.nl and then you register like 350 Nintendo Stars. Save up these stars and you can exchange them for goodies like useless wallpapers. But now you can also exchange them for Wii Points and buy some arcade games. It's like 4000 stars for 1000 points. I was collecting these stars ever since the gamecube launched so I had like 9000 stars to exchange.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Thu May 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Wii Fit, yummy

its not porno, but it may be a bit NSFW.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu May 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Circuit City online has a bundles for sale for interested parties.

info here

Awesome vid by the way so sorry ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby hackett on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:24 pm

i know the game has been in dev hell since the 360 came out... but anyone know if the new Indiana Jones game will be avail for Wii... it seems like the perfect platform for it
http://vimeo.com/pandachase - now in technicolor
hackett
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Wii Remote - Will it blend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVAaz9vFdSo
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:16 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Wii Remote - Will it blend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVAaz9vFdSo

IPAMPILASH!

Nice on FG.

I do love the 'will it blend series'
I bet he doesn't even know what he's blending half the time.

Bring back Hans Wolfe from the Great Egg Race, I say.

I must admit, it tooks it's time. They are tough buggers.

papalazeru

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:31 pm

You may also enjoy:

Mario Kart - Will It Blend?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:40 pm

Fried Gold wrote:You may also enjoy:

Mario Kart - Will It Blend?

That's just bollocks.

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:13 pm

so sorry wrote:Wii Fit, yummy

Funny. The Wii Fit is extremely popular. I know alot of people at my work that are using this to track their weight loss/exercise, etc. I dunno, I say get outside and exercise.
Maui
WoWie

Re:

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:42 am

Maui wrote:

Funny. The Wii Fit is extremely popular. I know alot of people at my work that are using this to track their weight loss/exercise, etc. I dunno, I say get outside and exercise.

Does this mean that we will not be seeing you hula-hooping any time soon?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Re: Re:

Postby Maui on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:07 pm

Maui wrote:

Does this mean that we will not be seeing you hula-hooping any time soon?

Prolly not Bob! :roll:
Maui
WoWie

Re: Re:

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Maui wrote:Prolly not Bob! :roll:

DAMN!!!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Re: Nintendo Wii Thread

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:44 pm

The outside world is sooo last century.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:The outside world is sooo last century.

Are you playing Boom Blox too?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:The outside world is sooo last century.

Are you playing Boom Blox too?

Such a good game! Ive only played it at a friends house though.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:01 pm

King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:28 pm

King Psyz wrote:Image

IPAMPILASH!
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:05 am

Mario creator gagged by Nintendo brass
What the legendary game maker does in his spare time is their business.

By Ben Silverman

When he isn't designing groundbreaking video games, Shigeru Miyamoto partakes in a variety of interesting hobbies. And Nintendo doesn't want you to know what they are.

Citing anonymous Nintendo sources, the Times Online reports that the man responsible for smash franchises like Mario and Zelda has been banned by Nintendo from chatting about his non-game interests, apparently because they "could be worth billions."

If history serves, they're probably right -- Miyamoto has a lengthy track record of converting his hobbies into lucrative games. Plant-based strategy game Pikmin, for instance, was born out of his love for gardening. After his family got a dog, the rest of the world adopted Nintendogs. Most recently, he revealed that exercise game Wii Fit was a direct result of the master designer obsessively weighing himself after turning 50.

Both Nintendo and Miyamoto have, unsurprisingly, remained silent on the matter.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

PreviousNext

Return to Games