Nintendo Wii Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Would you like to take a Wii?

Oui Wii
74%
Non Wii
4%
Don't care it'll be ass
6%
Don't care it'll be fried gold
15%

Total votes : 94

Postby Logan5 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:10 am

When you make a pre-order here in Sweden most stores put you on a list to ensure that you get the machine without having to be camping a couple of days outside the store. For example: if the store only gets 20 units and you were one of the 20 first customers to pre-order you still get it even if you aren't one of the first 20 customers coming into that store on the release trying to buy it.
Much better this way. No need to camp. No need to stay home from work, etc.

I'm getting a Wii and Zelda on the release. I'll probably get a Wiimote and a Nunchuk later and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for some multiplayer goodness.
Call of Duty 3 will probably arrive at my door as a review copy next week.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:12 am

and... and... and....

So many things to consider. Why did you decide on the classic controler? Doesn't the normal one do everything that it does?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:16 pm

I think after having time to think about it, I will wait a while for a Wii now. Maybe when Metroid gets here, or Smash.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:24 pm

Logan5 wrote:When you make a pre-order here in Sweden most stores put you on a list to ensure that you get the machine without having to be camping a couple of days outside the store. For example: if the store only gets 20 units and you were one of the 20 first customers to pre-order you still get it even if you aren't one of the first 20 customers coming into that store on the release trying to buy it.

Wow! You live in a seriously futuristic country, man! :lol:

No, we do it the same way here Logan - but certain shops don't take pre-orders, they are the ones that will open at Midnight. Lugz has taken the risk of not pre-ordering in the hope of getting one at the midnight launch.

I'm number 1 on the list in my local game store, and I'm not taking the day off to improve my chances of getting one (I am guaranteed to get one), I'm taking it off so I can spend the day playing games, dude :grin:

Monkey - I'll be buying some Virtual Console games ASAP, and I think I need the Classic Controller for that (although I still haven't got a straight answer on that one)
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:28 pm

It may be a risk and I may be holding on to hope, but I will have my Wii............in this life or the next
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:35 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Monkey - I'll be buying some Virtual Console games ASAP, and I think I need the Classic Controller for that (although I still haven't got a straight answer on that one)

No you do not. I spent a great deal of sunday playing the original Zelda on the Wii. All you do is turn the controler on its side and BAM. Old scool controler. Of course, if you want to play something that requires more buttons then you can use the clasic controler or a Game Cube controller if you have one...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:51 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
Monkey - I'll be buying some Virtual Console games ASAP, and I think I need the Classic Controller for that (although I still haven't got a straight answer on that one)

You can use the Wii controller or if it's something that requires more buttons you can use a Gamecube controller the advantage of the "Classic" controller is that it's button layout is more like the Snes while playing somethng like a fighting game on the GC controller may be awkward because of the button layout.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:58 pm

Thanks Kaga and Bob - maybe I'll wait to get the Classic Controller. Mind you, I always wanted one of those Hori GC joypads shaped like a SNES controller, so I may still get on at launch....

Any more news on the first online Wii titles? Last I heard was that Battalion Wars and Pokémon were going to be the first online titles.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:07 pm

Of the 7 people in my office who got a Wii at launch, only one of them continued to play it over Thanksgiving holiday. The others switched back to their 360s and played Gears of War and Viva Pinata. The person who stayed with the Wii played Zelda and said it's a weaker version of Ocarina of Time with kinda-crappy controls.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:13 pm

ohhhhhhhhhh........... don't ruin the dream wii ginger man. DON'T RUIN THE DREAM....
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:15 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:Of the 7 people in my office who got a Wii at launch, only one of them continued to play it over Thanksgiving holiday. The others switched back to their 360s and played Gears of War and Viva Pinata. The person who stayed with the Wii played Zelda and said it's a weaker version of Ocarina of Time with kinda-crappy controls.

Ouchies. Well Zelda was a Cube game, and after seeing it I can tell it will be much more fun on a Cube controller. As for Gears....I just learned how to stick people with grenades yesterday, and it is awesome.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:20 pm

MonkeyM666 wrote:ohhhhhhhhhh........... don't ruin the dream wii ginger man. DON'T RUIN THE DREAM....

If I can save people $250 until the system gets some worthwhile games...well, I'll stomp all over the dreams....I'll stomp hard. The guy who sits next to me wants to stress that at this point it's a party system. The worthwhile games are just mini-game collections and are only fun with a group of people. But even then, they still just feel like very fun tech-demos.
Last edited by The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:23 pm

Yeah, Zelda was made for the Cube. That’s what I don't get... we'll I do get it but not why they didn't really sup. everything up and really push the game in the next gen instead of just re-hashing the near completed cube edition.

I just had a thought about the Wii and it's graphics abilities. I wonder if Nintendo will consider doing upgrades eventually (3 years say) the same way you could upgrade the 64 with that little Expansion Pak they brought out around the same time as Turok 2 and Majora's Mask. I got it in a game pack with Zelda (I think).

Just a thought.

I can hear Wonka amping himself up for a 'the 360 wont have that' post. I know that, the 360 is just a PC in a console’s clothing after all.

Ginger - I know... I always wait a few months before I get a new console anyway. You get a newr hardware/firmware version as well as more titles and the launch titles are cheaper. Win, win... and win.
Last edited by MonkeyM666 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:24 pm

It's not actually a PC in a consoles clothing, but let's not OT that here.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:25 pm

Yeah, I know... I just like to stir :wink:
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:54 pm

Many people think that Wii 1.5 will be announced within the next year. Happened with the DS Lite....

Most of the criticisms come as no surprise to me really - most of the launch games feel like tech demos? Yup - saw that coming. If they'd given us Mario Galaxy or Metroid at launch, it would have been a different story, but all the first-party launch games are showcases for the controller really. I don't mind that so much, when you're asking people to try on a completely different form of interface - it pays to give them a few tech demos to get a feel for a new way of life. Sure, us cats who grew up with the videogames industry and were playing videogames when we were 4 years old might pick it up very easily, but we were never Nintendo's target audience for this console.

Nah - that doesn't worry me much. What bothers me more is that Nintendo have some great games ready to go - the two previous examples I gave being "prime" examples. But they are holding out on us, because they know that they have a guaranteed audience for those games. Well, I just wanna be able to play the likes of Mario Galaxy NOW, dammit!

I may well re-invest in a 360 one day, but at the moment there isn't much reason for me to do so: I can walk out of my front door and be playing my friend's one in less than 10 minutes. I've been doing this a lot alately, and I want to be able to repay him the favour in 11 short days. I tend to have a lot of people paying me casual visits during the week, and I'd like to be able to entertain them with a pick-up-and-playable gaming experience which won't result in them still being in my house at 3 in the morning, desperate to get to the next level of whatever they are playing. It seems to me that the Wii is still my best bet for these requriements.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Nintendo Wii Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:39 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
The Ginger Man wrote:Of the 7 people in my office who got a Wii at launch, only one of them continued to play it over Thanksgiving holiday. The others switched back to their 360s and played Gears of War and Viva Pinata. The person who stayed with the Wii played Zelda and said it's a weaker version of Ocarina of Time with kinda-crappy controls.

Ouchies. Well Zelda was a Cube game, and after seeing it I can tell it will be much more fun on a Cube controller. As for Gears....I just learned how to stick people with grenades yesterday, and it is awesome.

Just a question to you and those of you out there who Proclaim that 360 and its games are the king shit to end all shit.

"How many times can you play the same game" Which im saying that all Xbox and 360 players ever play are goddam arena first or third person shooters online. Halo. SoCom. Farcry. Any of the Tom Clancy Games. I have not met one Xbox player that dosnt shit themselves over these fucking games. Besides any Madden games, these are the only things that anyone bothers to buy on Xbox.

And most of the time, they dont even play the main game, but go online and jack around in team or one on one bullshit.

I ask, why dont you just invenst in a decent video card and sign up for a game on your PC. The games are much better when they're running off of a machine thats a lot more suited to run such things.

I use to do it all with Blizzard games back in Highschool, and it was a hell of a lot better that way.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: Nintendo Wii Thread

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:16 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

Just a question to you and those of you out there who Proclaim that 360 and its games are the king shit to end all shit.

"How many times can you play the same game" Which im saying that all Xbox and 360 players ever play are goddam arena first or third person shooters online. Halo. SoCom. Farcry. Any of the Tom Clancy Games. I have not met one Xbox player that dosnt shit themselves over these fucking games. Besides any Madden games, these are the only things that anyone bothers to buy on Xbox.
I ask, why dont you just invenst in a decent video card and sign up for a game on your PC. The games are much better when they're running off of a machine thats a lot more suited to run such things.

Well I have put money into my computer and all, but I dont really enjoy sitting at the computer. I hate playing with a mouse and keyboard. I played Guild Wars, WoW, Delta Force 2, SC, and War3. Those games were great, but the PC doesnt seem fun after a certain point. Plus they dont have "all" the games.

See I bought my Xbox and 360 for Halo...like you said....and Tom Clancy games....like you said....but I have 67 Xbox games dude. I bought it for Project Gotham Racing, Forza, Burnout, Guilty Gear X2, DOA, Conker, Rallisport Challenge, etc.etc.etc. I have 59 other reasons then the ones you listed why I bought an Xbox. Those are available on other consoles, but I like to play ONLINE. Those games are best played over XBL.

So you see, its not all about the shooters. And same goes for the 360. I have Gears, sure, (I have beaten it BTW, not just playing online) but I have PGR3, Moto GP, Burnout, Tomb Raider, Test Drive, and various others. I can see how its easy to generalize what each console is for. I cant count how many times I have said "PS owners just beat off to Final Fantasy."

Its so easy to say all Xbox owners play shooters because the console has been so well geared towards those games. But its not even close to that. And I certainly wasnt taking shots at Nintendo, I mean I own a Cube afterall, and I will buy Zelda.
Last edited by godzillasushi on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:21 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

And most of the time, they dont even play the main game, but go online and jack around in team or one on one bullshit.

I use to do it all with Blizzard games back in Highschool, and it was a hell of a lot better that way.

So....just wondering. In the two posts you quoted, where did anyone claim the 360 and its games were "king shit?" B/C I didn't say that. I expressed the opinion of people in my office. Furthermore, I said many of them played Viva Pinata. A game where you nurture and raise living pinatas in a magical garden. How the fuck does that have anything to do with first person arena shooting? Seems you have a rather limited view, mr. robo.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:26 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

Well I have put money into my computer and all, but I dont really enjoy sitting at the computer. I hate playing with a mouse and keyboard. I played Guild Wars, WoW, Delta Force 2, SC, and War3. Those games were great, but the PC doesnt seem fun after a certain point. Plus they dont have "all" the games.

See I bought my Xbox and 360 for Halo...like you said....and Tom Clancy games....like you said....but I have 67 Xbox games dude. I bought it for Project Gotham Racing, Forza, Burnout, Guilty Gear X2, DOA, Conker, Rallisport Challenge, etc.etc.etc. I have 59 other reasons then the ones you listed why I bought an Xbox. Those are available on other consoles, but I like to play ONLINE. Those games are best played over XBL.

So you see, its not all about the shooters. And same goes for the 360. I have Gears, sure, (I have beaten it BTW, not just playing online) but I have PGR3, Moto GP, Burnout, Tomb Raider, Test Drive, and various others. I can see how its easy to generalize what each console is for. I cant count how many times I have said "PS owners just beat off to Final Fantasy."

Its so easy to say all Xbox owners play shooters because the console has been so well geared towards those games. But its not even close to that. And I certainly wasnt taking shots and Nintendo, I mean I own a Cube afterall, and I will buy Zelda.

It was a point i wanted to bring up. I honestly dont care for 360. I dont play online anymore because i cant stand 90% of the cocksuckers who play online. Its either a gang up, rush, or just being a plain cock when playing. Sure I like playing with other people, but i cant stand the asses online. (now before i lose myself in another rambel) with out online, xbox would of been DOA.

Even with my fondness of Playstation, i'm still a nintendo fan at heart, and i still honestly think that nintendo will triumph in the new game wars. Im going to wait untill there are more games available before i head out to buy my Wii, i'd rather have a variety to play, than just be stuck with one game for a while.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:37 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

So....just wondering. In the two posts you quoted, where did anyone claim the 360 and its games were "king shit?" B/C I didn't say that. I expressed the opinion of people in my office. Furthermore, I said many of them played Viva Pinata. A game where you nurture and raise living pinatas in a magical garden. How the fuck does that have anything to do with first person arena shooting? Seems you have a rather limited view, mr. robo.

Not so. While, yes, nither of said post ever said directly "King shit", as in my inital reading, i get the impression, as with every other xbox player, in those threads that Wii has been just blown off.

Viva Pinata i've just barely heard about. I didnt even know what the point of said game was, untill you just explained it to me, which now, appears to be a cop off of Nintendo's run with kid friendly (Pokemon, That dog game on DS) games that most gamers would balk at, but on Xbox, it seems that the idea has been excepted with open arms.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:45 pm

bastard_robo wrote:Not so. While, yes, nither of said post ever said directly "King shit", as in my inital reading, i get the impression, as with every other xbox player, in those threads that Wii has been just blown off.

Viva Pinata i've just barely heard about. I didnt even know what the point of said game was, untill you just explained it to me, which now, appears to be a cop off of Nintendo's run with kid friendly (Pokemon, That dog game on DS) games that most gamers would balk at, but on Xbox, it seems that the idea has been excepted with open arms.

Blown off? I work in a department of 10 people. 7 of them bought Wii's at launch. If you want to know why they stopped playing their Wii, look at the launch titles.

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Blitz: The League
Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Elebits
Excite Truck
Far Cry
GT Pro Series
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Monster 4x4 World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Open Season
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports

A collection of shooters, sports games, licesened products, and ports. Most of which come from 3rd party developers. The motion controls are tacked on, and if they aren't tacked on, they are badly implemented. Even Zelda just has motion control tacked onto a Gamecube game.

You don't even own a Wii yet. How can you write off people who bought a Wii and were unimpressed as just Xbox morons? Your view of these people are as stereotypical as you claim them to be.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:55 pm

bastard_robo wrote:Even with my fondness of Playstation, i'm still a nintendo fan at heart, and i still honestly think that nintendo will triumph in the new game wars. Im going to wait untill there are more games available before i head out to buy my Wii, i'd rather have a variety to play, than just be stuck with one game for a while.

Well, for the people that get a Wii, its pretty obvious what games you will own in 6 months and there will be very few. I dont know how you turned what I said into a 360 love-fest but I feel satisfied explaining what I do with my Xbox. And if nintendo is going to triumph, they better get going because they are already 10 years late. /end epic console battle
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:56 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:Not so. While, yes, nither of said post ever said directly "King shit", as in my inital reading, i get the impression, as with every other xbox player, in those threads that Wii has been just blown off.

Blown off? I work in a department of 10 people. 7 of them bought Wii's at launch. If you want to know why they stopped playing their Wii, look at the launch titles.

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Blitz: The League
Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Elebits
Excite Truck
Far Cry
GT Pro Series
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Monster 4x4 World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Open Season
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports

A collection of shooters, sports games, licesened products, and ports. Most of which come from 3rd party developers. The motion controls are tacked on, and if they aren't tacked on, they are badly implemented. Even Zelda just has motion control tacked onto a Gamecube game.

You don't even own a Wii yet. How can you write off people who bought a Wii and were unimpressed as just Xbox morons? Your view of these people are as stereotypical as you claim them to be.

I wasnt talking about your department soley. I was being general.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:19 pm

I like the WII :oops: :cry:
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:25 pm

bastard_robo wrote:I wasnt talking about your department soley. I was being general.

That's my point, though. You're making general comments about an entire group of people based on a video game system. A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM. Which, if my understanding is clear, was created to provide entertainment. So what if some Xbox users only like to play shooters via Xbox live? Do you go spit on people who only read mysteries? Do you kick children who like to watch the same Disney movie again and again? The 360, the PS3, and the Wii are all about just having fun. So get off your goddamned high-horse.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:27 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I like the WII :oops: :cry:

Don't be ashamed, Bob! If you like the Wii, then shout that shit out! Freedom of choice, baby! That's what it's all about!

Seriously, though. I'm glad you like it. I'll probably get one in a year or so, once things are more ironed out.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:28 pm

I also liked Gears of War. Hell I just like gaming....!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I also liked Gears of War. Hell I just like gaming....!

Which means this bullshit, over-hyped, non-existent Console War is over. And you know who won? It was the children. /holds back lone tear of joy
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Hey I like it to!

All this arguing has given me quite the headache :) Im gonna break out my Genesis and show up all the new consoles!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Nintendo Wii Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:34 pm

godzillasushi wrote:

Hey I like it to!

All this arguing has given me quite the headache :) Im gonna break out my Genesis and show up all the new consoles!

SUPER NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:55 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

Hey I like it to!

Oh snap, we cant go there, I would win easily. :P :wink: :twisted:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:00 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

Hey I like it to!

Oh snap, we cant go there, I would win easily. :P :wink: :twisted:

(in voice thats too cool for school)

bring it.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:20 pm

(In cooler voice thats way too cool for school)

Oh...I will
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Nintendo Wii Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:25 pm

(wind blowing in the background)

Then it is brought!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Logan5 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:53 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
Logan5 wrote:When you make a pre-order here in Sweden most stores put you on a list to ensure that you get the machine without having to be camping a couple of days outside the store. For example: if the store only gets 20 units and you were one of the 20 first customers to pre-order you still get it even if you aren't one of the first 20 customers coming into that store on the release trying to buy it.

Wow! You live in a seriously futuristic country, man! :lol:

No, we do it the same way here Logan - but certain shops don't take pre-orders, they are the ones that will open at Midnight. Lugz has taken the risk of not pre-ordering in the hope of getting one at the midnight launch.

I'm number 1 on the list in my local game store, and I'm not taking the day off to improve my chances of getting one (I am guaranteed to get one), I'm taking it off so I can spend the day playing games, dude :grin:

:oops:
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Logan5 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:59 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Nah - that doesn't worry me much. What bothers me more is that Nintendo have some great games ready to go - the two previous examples I gave being "prime" examples. But they are holding out on us, because they know that they have a guaranteed audience for those games. Well, I just wanna be able to play the likes of Mario Galaxy NOW, dammit!

Only reason that they didn't release Metroid Prime 3, SSBM, or Super Mario Galaxy now is because of Zelda. When the Zelda craze is gone in a few months they will release one of the three above and then let it fade and then release yet another on the list. Thus maintaining momentum in sales.
I would have loved to have and play all of them games now, though...
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:43 pm

So I still cant find a Wii anywhere....I thought they would be easy to find by now. And for the PS3 you have to travel to the center of the earth and go through 3 trials of skill in order to obtain one for $8,000.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:51 pm

godzillasushi wrote:So I still cant find a Wii anywhere....I thought they would be easy to find by now. And for the PS3 you have to travel to the center of the earth and go through 3 trials of skill in order to obtain one for $8,000.

Keep checking. Word is that restocks won't be advertised b/c they're happening at a trickles rate.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:22 pm

Yea ill keep my eyes open everywhere. I live an hour from the nearest store so it isnt easy.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:57 am

DRAT!....

I went on a bit of a recce at HMV Trocadero last night and asked them if they were going to do a midnight launch. The girl I talked to knew very little about it and said it was unlikely, but the Oxford Street store usually does things like that.....I'll have to go check that out on thursday.............I will succeed, I will get a Wii
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 am

Isn't it released next week?

Nintendo is planning its usual midnight bash for the Wii launch in Europe next week.
Advertisement

It's all going down at HMV on Oxford Street, where Nintendo's inviting you to come down and queue up, or watch the likes of Ian Wright, Pat Cash, Ricky Hatton and Jodie Kidd playing Wii Sports.

(Football, tennis, boxing, tits, in case you were wondering.)

It'll all be kicking off at 11pm (on 7th December, obviously - don't make that mistake), but expect to be queuing for quite some time beforehand if you plan to actually buy one.

Luckily, if you do, and you're among the first 200 people buying The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, you'll also receive a special Twilight Princess tin to store the game in.

Check Eurogamer often, it's worth the while.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:09 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Isn't it released next week?

Nintendo is planning its usual midnight bash for the Wii launch in Europe next week.
Advertisement

It's all going down at HMV on Oxford Street, where Nintendo's inviting you to come down and queue up, or watch the likes of Ian Wright, Pat Cash, Ricky Hatton and Jodie Kidd playing Wii Sports.

(Football, tennis, boxing, tits, in case you were wondering.)

It'll all be kicking off at 11pm (on 7th December, obviously - don't make that mistake), but expect to be queuing for quite some time beforehand if you plan to actually buy one.

Luckily, if you do, and you're among the first 200 people buying The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, you'll also receive a special Twilight Princess tin to store the game in.

Check Eurogamer often, it's worth the while.

Im happy again, Thanks AH!

Who's coming with me?!?!?!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:44 am

Meh, I might, although I'm not buying! Although I may. Y'know. You never know...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:44 am

That sounds like quite a good night.. you'll have to duck into the pub every now and again to 'warm up'.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:47 am

I should be there, I'm waiting to hear from some friends who are dithering about having a party that night - but I do enjoy the old midnight openings, so I'm hoping to be along

Could some US Wii owners chime in about Wii Channels please?

What is that weather thing like?

Is the Mii avatar creation thingy any good?

Have any of you downloaded Virtual Console games yet?

What other purpose does Wii Channels serve?

Enquiring minds want to know......
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:47 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:That sounds like quite a good night.. you'll have to duck into the pub every now and again to 'warm up'.

You can ferry beers back and forth
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:50 am

Actually, I kind of want one of those Zelda tins, so maybe I'll buy my copy of Zelda at HMV that evening.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:55 am

Are there any pics of what the tin looks like around?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:17 am

Hell, if I turn up I may exchange a couple of 360 games to get something out of it... I got nothing else planned for that date insofar as I know.

(yes, I've been shit at turning up to Zoner meets, I know)
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Games