Nintendo Wii Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Would you like to take a Wii?

Oui Wii
70
74%
Non Wii
4
4%
Don't care it'll be ass
6
6%
Don't care it'll be fried gold
14
15%
 
Total votes : 94

Postby brendonconnelly on Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:59 pm

Can we get a poll here? Or do I have to start a new thread?

A Oui Wii/Non Wii poll. Include Don't care it'll be ass/Don't care it'll be fried gold options too, I guess.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Oxford, England

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:59 pm

EWS wrote:It is a piece of news, that affects the very fabric of the space time continum though! If you want to take that route, then you should just have one giant massive topic dedicated to movies and the such.

But hey, what do I know. I am just a small little member.


hey - i just have a small little member too - and i'm not trying to start a big huge kerfuffle - i'm just saying - there already was a Nintendo Revolution thread - which has now been changed to a Nintendo Wii thread...

would you like to start a new thread in the future everytime the price drops for the Wii in it's lifetime... or would it work to just discuss it in the OFFICIAL NINTENDO Wii THREAD...?

i'm not really much of a gamer anymore though - so i could just be talking out of my ass...



why can't Wii just get along...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby EWS on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:04 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
EWS wrote:I have just a small little member.


You know, they do have a the certain surgical procedures that can a help a the putzes like a yourself, eh?

Or a so I've a been a told...

:wink:


At least mine still works old man ;)
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:09 am

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:07 pm

brendonconnelly wrote:Can we get a poll here? Or do I have to start a new thread?

A Oui Wii/Non Wii poll. Include Don't care it'll be ass/Don't care it'll be fried gold options too, I guess.


Done.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon and apple and barnes & noble
User avatar
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable
 
Posts: 6617
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:11 am
Location: lost in a book

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:08 pm

OK, time to start the ad campaign. Havoc kicked us off.

My turn.

Take a Wii together.


Now you can all cross swords... Wii as a group!


Take a Wii.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:14 pm

thomasgaffney wrote:
brendonconnelly wrote:Can we get a poll here? Or do I have to start a new thread?

A Oui Wii/Non Wii poll. Include Don't care it'll be ass/Don't care it'll be fried gold options too, I guess.


Done.


I thought it said ennui for a second and I laughed and laughed. then I realaized I can't read and I cried...
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:21 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
thomasgaffney wrote:
brendonconnelly wrote:Can we get a poll here? Or do I have to start a new thread?

A Oui Wii/Non Wii poll. Include Don't care it'll be ass/Don't care it'll be fried gold options too, I guess.


Done.


I thought it said ennui for a second and I laughed and laughed. then I realaized I can't read and I cried...


then you realized the only reason you couldn't read cause was cause your HUGE HANDS always block the damn letters...





So Say Wii All!!!
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:24 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
thomasgaffney wrote:
brendonconnelly wrote:Can we get a poll here? Or do I have to start a new thread?

A Oui Wii/Non Wii poll. Include Don't care it'll be ass/Don't care it'll be fried gold options too, I guess.


Done.


I thought it said ennui for a second and I laughed and laughed. then I realaized I can't read and I cried...


then you realized the only reason you couldn't read cause was cause your HUGE HANDS always block the damn letters...





So Say Wii All!!!



Holy crap your right!!!
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:25 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
thomasgaffney wrote:
brendonconnelly wrote:Can we get a poll here? Or do I have to start a new thread?

A Oui Wii/Non Wii poll. Include Don't care it'll be ass/Don't care it'll be fried gold options too, I guess.


Done.


I thought it said ennui for a second and I laughed and laughed. then I realaized I can't read and I cried...


then you realized the only reason you couldn't read cause was cause your HUGE HANDS always block the damn letters...





So Say Wii All!!!



Holy crap your right!!!


actually - Wii both are right...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:30 pm

I heard the EU name will be Dink.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Every gaming site is going apeshit right now. The Gamespot forums just crashed because of traffic.

I honestly thought it was going to be called the Nintendo Go (go meaning "5" in Japanese, and this being the fifth console from Nintendo. and you know, also meaning like "Go play something" in English.")

At first, I didn't like Wii too much, but I think it's not too bad. The marketing department has an uphill climb, though. Overall, not bad, but perhaps it is a slightly wiiird choice.
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:34 pm

I'm just waiting for the Xbox:F.U.C.K to come along and save us all... or is that save Wii all...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Every gaming site is going apeshit right now. The Gamespot forums just crashed because of traffic.

I honestly thought it was going to be called the Nintendo Go (go meaning "5" in Japanese, and this being the fifth console from Nintendo. and you know, also meaning like "Go play something" in English.")

At first, I didn't like Wii too much, but I think it's not too bad. The marketing department has an uphill climb, though. Overall, not bad, but perhaps it is a slightly wiiird choice.


Uphill climb?

More like it's pissing itself about how to phrase things.
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:39 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Uphill climb?

More like it's pissing itself about how to phrase things.


you mean Wii-ing itself...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:15 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Every gaming site is going apeshit right now. The Gamespot forums just crashed because of traffic.

I honestly thought it was going to be called the Nintendo Go (go meaning "5" in Japanese, and this being the fifth console from Nintendo. and you know, also meaning like "Go play something" in English.")

At first, I didn't like Wii too much, but I think it's not too bad. The marketing department has an uphill climb, though. Overall, not bad, but perhaps it is a slightly wiiird choice.

I thought GO was their online srvice name
NGO=Nintendo GO=Nintendo Gaming Online.

Wii is a bit weird but better than some previous system names and almost names (dolphin was awful)...Hell the first time I heard Playstation it sounded like Super Happy Game Machine #1
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:45 pm

Probably just the Japanese market name. We didn't have Famicoms. Otherwise it'd be like the PS3 being called the Sony Jobby.

And why am I in the poll?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:46 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Probably just the Japanese market name.

Nope.....That's the name everyplace.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:57 pm

Maybe it's Geordie then.

Wye-eye man it's a Ninty, Spuggy.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:29 pm

I didn't make this. I'm just the messenger.

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:34 pm

That was quick
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:35 pm

Another:

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:37 pm

Maybe they meant Whee
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:41 pm

WEEEEE!!!!

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:42 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:WEEEEE!!!!

Image


:shock:

How do you do that so quckly?
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:43 pm

Somebody gonna get-a fired real bad!
Image
User avatar
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7438
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:30 am

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:44 pm

User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:47 pm

Image

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:50 pm

Now your just being evil
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:01 pm

Image

I'm not being even Bob, I'm just taking the Wii.
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:03 pm

A serious one then, to help balance the equation.

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:07 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:A serious one then, to help balance the equation.

Image


Image

Does anyone besides me see the similarities in these
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:11 pm

Check this post from Slashdot out:


"Just like the marketing guy who coined the "Touching is good..." slogan for the NDS, the guy who came up with this and thought it was clever needs to be a bit more in-touch (pun intended) with American culture.

Just like parents thought twice about buying a product for their child that kept telling you how good it was to "touch", it's going to be hard for self-respecting gamers to ask for a "Wii". And God-help us when the 16-year-old behind the counter at Wal-Mart explains to the nervous parents how the NDS will interface with the Wii, so the product with the catch-phrase "Touching is good" can be used to interface with your..."Wii."

I love Nintendo, and I think the new console is going to rock - but naming it "Wii" is like naming your kid Richard when your last name is Head; you're just gimping them unnecessarily from the start."
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

After much speculation over who named the new Nintendo console, Nintendo finally revealed that it was this guy:

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Eric G on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:50 pm

GameSpot wrote:We're used to pressing buttons in a certain sequence to cast a line in a fishing game, but on the Revolution, expect to pull the controller back and then whip it forward in a real casting motion to get that line out. It's this kind of gameplay that will make the Revolution completely different from the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.


Ummm....What the fuck do they think the two joyticks are either side of the D-Pad then? Morons.

Image
Image
User avatar
Eric G
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Inconclusive

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:54 pm

Eric G wrote:
GameSpot wrote:We're used to pressing buttons in a certain sequence to cast a line in a fishing game, but on the Revolution, expect to pull the controller back and then whip it forward in a real casting motion to get that line out. It's this kind of gameplay that will make the Revolution completely different from the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.


Ummm....What the fuck do they think the two joyticks are either side of the D-Pad then? Morons.

Image


Wha?? You can fish with your thumbs? Thats amazing!
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby brendonconnelly on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:12 pm

Some piiople just don't get thii Revmote.

They wiill, though, they wiill.

Wii'll all bii raving about it biifore Xmas.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Oxford, England

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:15 pm

Eric G wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Wha?? You can fish with your thumbs? Thats amazing!


You better believe it Bob....and a lot more than that too.


Well I heard about the rest, but thumb fishing is hard!
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby Eric G on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Wha?? You can fish with your thumbs? Thats amazing!


You better believe it Bob....and a lot more than that too.
Image
User avatar
Eric G
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Inconclusive

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:16 pm

brendonconnelly wrote:Some piiople just don't get thii Revmote.

They wiill, though, they wiill.

Wii'll all bii raving about it biifore Xmas.


Ahem! I think that's the Wiimote, now.

Oh, and anyone that wants to make fun of the Wii, can settle the score with Mii. Like in a duel... like these guys...

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby brendonconnelly on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:17 pm

Damn. I still called it the Revmore. Need to kick that habit.

It's now - in my best Elmer Fudd - a Wiimote Contwol.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Oxford, England

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:18 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:
brendonconnelly wrote:Some piiople just don't get thii Revmote.

They wiill, though, they wiill.

Wii'll all bii raving about it biifore Xmas.


Ahem! I think that's the Wiimote, now.

Oh, and anyone that wants to make fun of the Wii, can settle the score with Mii. Like in a duel... like these guys...

Image


I stand in awe of your Wii
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby Eric G on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:24 pm

I just can't help but look at the Nintendo and think Commodore 64.

Kick started the gaming world but died in the ass due to fierce competition and better technology and never heard of again.
I hope Nintendo doesn't dissapear completely, but they need to do something to get competitive again.....
Image
User avatar
Eric G
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Inconclusive

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:36 pm

brendonconnelly wrote:Damn. I still called it the Revmore. Need to kick that habit.

It's now - in my best Elmer Fudd - a Wiimote Contwol.


:shock: Thanks for the idea. I'll be right back.
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:41 pm

Sorry to all those Nintendo fans, but I couldn't resist.

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:10 pm

Oh my god, I'm dying laughing over here.

Image

Image
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City


Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:00 pm

Eric G wrote:
GameSpot wrote:We're used to pressing buttons in a certain sequence to cast a line in a fishing game, but on the Revolution, expect to pull the controller back and then whip it forward in a real casting motion to get that line out. It's this kind of gameplay that will make the Revolution completely different from the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.


Ummm....What the fuck do they think the two joyticks are either side of the D-Pad then? Morons.

Image

Those two analog sticks allow the Xbox 360 to be motion sensitive?

Seriously though people who think Nintendo is going anywhere are deluded. Consider that they have a stranglehold worldwide on the handheld market. Also consider they are the only company posting a profit directly from console sales (even on the 3rd place GameCube) unlike Sony and Microsoft who both lose money per unit sale (obviously they are vieing only for money from first party titles and developement kits, rights etc for thirdparties). Of course Nintendo isn't simply the minor branch of a huge multinational corporation like Sony or Microsoft.

And Wii is a terrible name I think I will refer to it either as the Revolution or maybe the Dubya-Deuce of course who judges a system solely on the name?
Last edited by Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:10 pm

Eric G wrote:I just can't help but look at the Nintendo and think Commodore 64.

Kick started the gaming world but died in the ass due to fierce competition and better technology and never heard of again.
I hope Nintendo doesn't dissapear completely, but they need to do something to get competitive again.....


Oh but they have. Nintendo is releasing a Bob Ross video game. It'll be crazy hippie paint awesomeness.


I know it's Bob Ross. It was a typo Sucky O'Hare. Jeez :roll:
Last edited by Retardo_Montalban on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:28 am

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:12 pm

~
Last edited by BuckyO'harre on Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3724
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 am

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:26 pm

A Rob Roy game would Bock!
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests