The Zone XBox Online Gaming Community

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby tfactor on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:51 pm

and here I thought every Zoner had sold their xbox to buy a PS3, it was a nasty rumor I'd heard while playing online. Glad to see its possibly not entirely true.

We had hoped to play a lot more with our fellow zoners online - though honestly Athena and I have only had the chance to play with a few of you. Anyway hope to see more of you at some point. I consider several of you zoners amongst the highest quality character & people .. who I don't really know. The point was I've never played a zoner I didn't like. So in case we're not already on there add Athenabodicea and trevorfactor to your friend lists, we'd love to destroy you at the game of your choice :D or help you destroy others

ANYWAY the reason I came to the Zone today was actually just to update everyone on the mysterious Call of Duty 4 new maps. Word from Wired magazine is the 4 new maps (which were supposed to come out April 1st) have been delayed and are not coming out until next week 4/10/08. Just thought you'd like to know

check out the article here

later gamer
-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Re: The Zone Xbox Online Gaming Community

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:35 pm

I was on playing skate. for a while until someone broke my headset by transmitting ear-shattering levels of feedback :?
I bet it's about £25 for another one.

My gamertag is MFS08 if anyone wants to kick my ass via LIVE.

Updated list of games:
COD 4
Tiger Woods 09
Ultimate MK3
Burnout Paradise
MK vs DCU
Saint's Row 2
WOTB: Commando 3
DOA 4
Teh Orange Box
Flatout UC
Gears of War
GTA 4
Splinter Cell DA
Skate
Worms
PGR 4
Virtua Fighter 5
Soul Calibur 4
Halo 3
Last edited by King Of Nowhere on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:51 am

This week call of duty's variety map pack costs only 400 points on the x-box. Next week the ps3 gets a discount on the maps.

btw, anyone has any experience with gamehubs.com? They sell 12 month Live subscriptions for only 36 euro's! Digital delivery.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:11 pm

Got gold?
Click here for a free winter theme for the NXE.

Jesus, i sound like a fucking spammer.
Still, nice to see MS giving us live users free shit now & then.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:11 am

Yeah, I got that bad boy last night. It's very festive... so does anyone else know of any sweet premium themes or anywhere online where you can actually view the themes before I download????

Anyway MonkeyM666 on xbox live if anyone's up for a game... I have the next month off so I'll be around :D

GTA
Fable 2
Gears 1
Gears 2 (I'll be getting it next week)
Orange BOX
ummm.....
COD4
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

and some other stuff...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:18 pm

You can view them before you buy them on xbox.com now i think.
It takes a while to actually find the themes but the easiest way is to go to the marketplace page for a game you like & see if it has a theme.
Tiger Woods 09 has a bunch of them but i'm not convinced they were made with the nxe in mind.

I still think you should get a theme & some gamer pics for free when you complete a game.

Like, when you get 1000/1000 you get the regular message saying "achievement unlocked ________________" & then another one comes up saying "Downloading (insert game here) bonus content."

The only game i can think of that does this kinda thing is PGR4.
You have to earn 1,000,000 ingame kudos points to unlock a gamer pic.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby tfactor on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:43 am

Chud just posted a trailer for Prototype which looks absolutely awesome! I didn't want to link to their site so I looked on youtube and found this trailer which also looks fantastic. With that said I strongly recommend all gamers visit Chud and take a peak at one of the best game trailers I've seen in a while.

Also if you haven't picked up Left 4 Dead yet - I highly recommend it. Gears of War 2 was great and Fable 2 (though short) was also pretty damn cool. But by far L4D was, at least for me, the "holly wasted weekend batman" game of this holiday season. Its from ValvE btw which is the same people who did Half Life and another of last years best games: Portal / The Orange Box. Check em out if you haven't - you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy!
T

PS Thanks to the Chud lads for bringing this Prototype trailer to light! Very cool
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu May 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Well, I FINALLY GOT an XBOX 360.

MongoNYC is my online handle. I have Halo 3 and COD 4.

Anyone want to play? Hit me up.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon May 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Bueller?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:11 am

Looking for a Hal o 3 game for today . . .

ANY TAKERS?!

MongoNYC is my handle.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 am

Any other takers? Oneill, myself and Igiul (an offline mate of mine) have been playing a bit this week. God damn it fun. I look forward to more tonight, and ODST later on next month :D
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:Well, I FINALLY GOT an XBOX 360.

MongoNYC is my online handle. I have Halo 3 and COD 4.

Anyone want to play? Hit me up.

Welcome to xbl ONeills! I'll add you to my friends list tonight. Sorry I haven't checked this thread in forever because no one touched it since like fricking January after my post, thought maybe I said something stupid to kill the thread or whatever but anyway glad to see you made it to the xbl party. I honestly don't play Halo or COD but Athenabodicea plays COD and I'm trevorfactor once you get into better games like Gears of War 2 :wink: It seems people tend to gravitate toward either the halo side of things OR the gears side of the spectrum. But hope to see you online
Later
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:52 pm

MonkeyM666 wrote:Any other takers? Oneill, myself and Igiul (an offline mate of mine) have been playing a bit this week. God damn it fun. I look forward to more tonight, and ODST later on next month :D

Argg. I forgot about ODST. I just bought Marvel Alliance 2 and I'm tearing through it like the Hulk on a rampage through Harlem. What a great game.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Re: The Zone XBox Online Gaming Community

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:04 am

Alright folks, who bought ODST? I'm looking for some firefight compadres to kill some coveys with.

PM me on Live and we'll hit it up.

BOOM! HEADSHOT!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby tfactor on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:02 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
MonkeyM666 wrote:Any other takers? Oneill, myself and Igiul (an offline mate of mine) have been playing a bit this week. God damn it fun. I look forward to more tonight, and ODST later on next month :D

Argg. I forgot about ODST. I just bought Marvel Alliance 2 and I'm tearing through it like the Hulk on a rampage through Harlem. What a great game.

Can you play as the Hulk? He was my favorite Character in the first game. Plus it looked like there was a lot less of a group of heroes to use in Marvel Alliance 2. This game seemed like the same code as the first game but with slightly new features that didn't really impress. What was your overall rating or opinion on Marvel 2?

Also how is ODST? I personally started with GOW when I bought my xbox 360 and never played halo 1. When 2 came out we played the campaign on Hard but the online was just completely impossible. There was a learning curve there and while I could get kills - it seemed my head would get popped off by a sniper everytime I turned a corner. Those damn kids were just much more experienced at that game then I. But GOW2 has been pretty dead lately, even with all the new maps & such so perhaps we'll check this out.

let us here your thoughts about the game play :?:
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:58 pm

BIG FYI TO ALL,

For those of you playing Left4Dead 2 - remember to set your Server to "Local" before even trying to play anything with other gamers online. The wife and I tried a campaign (with 2 360s in the same house no less) last night and got half way through a campaign before a friend joined the room to explain why the gameplay was so damn horribly choppy and laggy.

The reason was you now have "Server options" with L4D2 game setting when setting up a Campaign to play with friends. Now Why The Hell someone decided to set the Server default as whatever the non-local version is - I don't remember what it was specifically! Seriously the game almost got thrown out my window because it was nearly unplayable at the default settings for Online play.

So yeah, if you have this problem choppy laggy mess when starting the Campaigns or with Online play - switch your Server to "local" and (like magic) you will experience a 100% better quality gameplay. Otherwise get used to timing your shots a second ahead. Those default Server settings SUCK! and those zombies will EAT YOUR FACE FOOL! :wink:

Enjoy
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Maui on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm

I am now LIVE on Xbox! Have to say, I'm really jazzed about the Netflix streaming that you get with the Gold account.

If you want my gamer tag, send me a PM.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Bayouwolf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Alright, I'm signed up...

Gamer Tag: Bayou Wolf

Dunno how much I'll be around, but I'll give it a shot.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey all Zoners, if you haven't played NCAA Football 11, it's pretty awesome. The best football video game of this console generation, easily. Anyway, some buddies and I are starting a fairly relaxed Online Dynasty (2 games per week). We have 4 spots left. If you think you'd like to be a part of this awesomeness, let me know in the next few days.

Teams that are taken:

Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Ohio State
Penn State
Oregon

Like I said, let me know within the week, and I'll get you in there.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Any takers on this NCAA Online Dynasty? We start this Sunday, the 25th, and we wouldn't mind having a couple extra guys (or ladies).
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:58 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:Any takers on this NCAA Online Dynasty? We start this Sunday, the 25th, and we wouldn't mind having a couple extra guys (or ladies).

Damn I guess I missed the boat on this one.

For all: I'm going to be online Sunday probably from 4PM EST onwards.

Playing a variety of games. Hit me up: MongoNYC.

tfactor wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

Can you play as the Hulk? He was my favorite Character in the first game. Plus it looked like there was a lot less of a group of heroes to use in Marvel Alliance 2. This game seemed like the same code as the first game but with slightly new features that didn't really impress. What was your overall rating or opinion on Marvel 2?

Also how is ODST? I personally started with GOW when I bought my xbox 360 and never played halo 1. When 2 came out we played the campaign on Hard but the online was just completely impossible. There was a learning curve there and while I could get kills - it seemed my head would get popped off by a sniper everytime I turned a corner. Those damn kids were just much more experienced at that game then I. But GOW2 has been pretty dead lately, even with all the new maps & such so perhaps we'll check this out.

let us here your thoughts about the game play :?:
T

One year later, I finally get to answer this. Sorry about that.

Hulk is in the game. He rocks! Think of the sheer destruction of a team consisting of Hulk, Thing, Juggernaut and Luke Cage. Wow.

ODST is cool for the complete Halo 3 disc. Tried playing Firefight with MonkeyM666 and that was laughable. We were doing the Mr. Roboto trying not to get offed by the Covies. Reach is going to PWN us all BTW.

Single campaign is stellar but the mood of the game really makes you feel like you're alone, which I guess is the point of it all. And the music during free roam is STELLAR. I will tell you this: Don't get on Mongoose and ride rampant blowing your horn through the streets of New Mombassa unless you want to get DESTROYED by some Brutes. Tried that once and it wasn't pretty.

lol
Last edited by ONeillSG1 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:26 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:Any takers on this NCAA Online Dynasty? We start this Sunday, the 25th, and we wouldn't mind having a couple extra guys (or ladies).

If you still want in, we're only a couple of games into it, and I think you can join mid-season. If you join though, please try to participate regularly. We only play two games per week, so that's really the only expectation. Do you have the game? If so, I can invite you.

I'll send you the invite, and if you want to join, it'll be your choice.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby BuckyO'harre on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:28 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:For all: I'm going to be online Sunday probably from 4PM EST onwards.

KON has been compiling a list of Zoner gaming tags that you may want to check out and add your info to as well.
Find it here.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

If you still want in, we're only a couple of games into it, and I think you can join mid-season. If you join though, please try to participate regularly. We only play two games per week, so that's really the only expectation. Do you have the game? If so, I can invite you.

I'll send you the invite, and if you want to join, it'll be your choice.

No I don't have the game. But I was considering buying it.

I think I'll pass though. Have a lot of games I need to get to anyway.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:09 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:For all: I'm going to be online Sunday probably from 4PM EST onwards.

KON has been compiling a list of Zoner gaming tags that you may want to check out and add your info to as well.
Find it here.

Done and done.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:48 am

Now, I have seen some folks on this forum playing Reach on Live.

A lot of folks.

So, I think we need to organize some sort of Reach/Zoner azz-kickin' fest or something. I mean, how couldn't we?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:43 pm

How is Reach? I didn't go out and automatically but it. Is it Halo 3 Redux? Or is it much better?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:18 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:How is Reach? I didn't go out and automatically but it. Is it Halo 3 Redux? Or is it much better?

MUCH BETTER.

EPIC.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Alright, Zoners. I've seen many of you playing Reach.

Now, we need to get our schedules in sync and get a huge Halo Reach ZONER WAR going.

I'm pretty flexible but weekends are best, which I assume is the case for many of you guys here.

So, let's get this thing going!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Just wanted to say how awesome it was playing Black Ops with Trevorfactor and Athena lately.

If anyone else wants to get in the action, my GT is MongoNYC.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:15 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Just wanted to say how awesome it was playing Black Ops with Trevorfactor and Athena lately.

I did enjoy our GOW sessions. Cant wait till next year when the new one comes out...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Last time i tried gaming with zoners on xbox live, i spent 20 mins trying to get Red Dead Redemption to let me join the server you lot were on.
Once it let me join, i spawned down in Mexico & had to ride a donkey over to where the group of you were in America & you all left the server when i was just around the corner.

I can only imagine "let's play black ops" translates to "join my party & i'll go into mercenary mode."

If not, i'll be playing it quite a bit in the next few weeks, send a game invite.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:Just wanted to say how awesome it was playing Black Ops with Trevorfactor and Athena lately.

I did enjoy our GOW sessions. Cant wait till next year when the new one comes out...

We played GOW together?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:17 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:Last time i tried gaming with zoners on xbox live, i spent 20 mins trying to get Red Dead Redemption to let me join the server you lot were on.
Once it let me join, i spawned down in Mexico & had to ride a donkey over to where the group of you were in America & you all left the server when i was just around the corner.

I can only imagine "let's play black ops" translates to "join my party & i'll go into mercenary mode."

If not, i'll be playing it quite a bit in the next few weeks, send a game invite.

I like to keep the party together because of the team feel it generates. I can't speak for other people.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:06 pm

I think we may have started a Call of Duty BO clan on Live.

Nice work Athena. LOL
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Peven on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:51 pm

update: since moving i have not had a 360 at my disposable because I left mine for my kids to use, and today picked up a new one for myself, along with a new gamertag, RecklessGoonie.........just an fyi :D

edit; picked up Black Ops, too, and so will be playing that online paying my dues, getting my ass handed to me, until i sufficiently level up. damn i am rusty, haven't played any video games at all in months, and has been over a year since i played any Live competitive games

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:55 am

Peven wrote:update: since moving i have not had a 360 at my disposable because I left mine for my kids to use, and today picked up a new one for myself, along with a new gamertag, RecklessGoonie.........just an fyi :D

edit; picked up Black Ops, too, and so will be playing that online paying my dues, getting my ass handed to me, until i sufficiently level up. damn i am rusty, haven't played any video games at all in months, and has been over a year since i played any Live competitive games

Don't worry, we'll go easy on you. lol

And check your messages. I sent over a friend invite.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby charlyn on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Hulk is in the game. He rocks! Think of the sheer destruction of a team consisting of Hulk, Thing, Juggernaut and Luke Cage. Wow. :D :D
xbox360 controller for windows
xbox wired controller
xbox wired controller for pc
charlyn
GLIB

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:51 am

charlyn wrote:Hulk is in the game. He rocks! Think of the sheer destruction of a team consisting of Hulk, Thing, Juggernaut and Luke Cage. Wow. :D :D
xbox wired controller

Who and the what now?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:12 pm

charlyn wrote:Hulk is in the game. He rocks! Think of the sheer destruction of a team consisting of Hulk, Thing, Juggernaut and Luke Cage. Wow. :D :D
xbox wired controller

Silly billy! EA Sports is in the game!
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Zoners unite!

Who's up for some online gaming this weekend? Black Ops or Reach?

Let's get something going folks!!! IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Peven on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:49 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Zoners unite!

if you see me on invite me in for a game....I'll try not to weigh you down too much :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Peven wrote:

if you see me on invite me in for a game....I'll try not to weigh you down too much :wink:

What's your gamertag?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:32 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Peven wrote:

What's your gamertag?

ffs, scroll up

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Peven wrote:update: since moving i have not had a 360 at my disposable because I left mine for my kids to use, and today picked up a new one for myself, along with a new gamertag, RecklessGoonie.........just an fyi :D

King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Peven on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:
Peven wrote:

What's your gamertag?

ffs, scroll up

ONeillSG1 wrote:

yeah, man, I thought i had already accepted a friend invite from you....are you not Mongo? :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Peven wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:
Peven wrote:

What's your gamertag?

ffs, scroll up

ONeillSG1 wrote:

yeah, man, I thought i had already accepted a friend invite from you....are you not Mongo? :wink:

Oh yeah. OMG, I'm going senile! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Logan5 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:11 am

So, anyone here playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood multi?
A friend borrowed my copy but will gladly take it back for some online gaming.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:43 am

Logan5 wrote:So, anyone here playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood multi?
A friend borrowed my copy but will gladly take it back for some online gaming.

I really should take a look at it, but im enjoying the single player so much. I dont get as much gaming time as I would like, so I tend to avoid multi, but been hearing good things about this one.
Im very surprised that what on the surface seemed to be a re use of assets type cash in, has turned out to be a tremendous gaming experience.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Logan5 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:27 am

Hermanator X wrote:I really should take a look at it, but im enjoying the single player so much. I dont get as much gaming time as I would like, so I tend to avoid multi, but been hearing good things about this one.
Im very surprised that what on the surface seemed to be a re use of assets type cash in, has turned out to be a tremendous gaming experience.

Ubi was promoting it like it was just a multiplayer add on to ass2 so I thought "frakk this shit, I want a desmond centric game. I'll wait for Ass3." But in september I attended our annual game conference (I'm a store manager at gamestop) and played some multiplayer and found myself liking it so I picked it up just for the multi.
Little did I know that the singleplayer was the main course. The biggest and longest assassins creed game yet with a bunch of desmond/2012 conspiracy stuff thrown in.
Now I frakking love the game.

Are you playing it on the 360? If so add me for some multi madness. GT: karl of cthulhu
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:15 am

Yeah its on 360, im Hermanator X on live too.

The single player is great fun so far. Im dipping into the main story now and again, but enjoying all of the side stuff a lot. Particularly managing my recruited assassins by sending them round the world on assignments. Really scratches my compulsive levelling up itch.

I wasnt going to buy it either, but saw it in the store with my fiance. She asked if it was still Ezio in the game, and as it was I had to buy it.
A grown woman with a crush on a videogame character. I guess its mainly the voice, his sultry italian accent is much better to hear than my northern england drone. :lol:
Soooo frustrating watching her play at times tho. Biting my lip as to how she could make life easier for her self with different technique. But best to avoid the "I KNOW OK!!" barks. :wink:
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Games