The Zone XBox Online Gaming Community

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby kid on an escalator on Thu May 03, 2007 4:45 pm

Fawst wrote:Ah, thanks, sushi. For some reason, I thought I had read that it would be out last week, or this week, or whatever. All I know is that I keep checking the new demos listing and only seeing C&C3 (which I promptly deleted after 15 seconds of the intro tutorial) is getting me down.

I might have to go buy Oblivion tonight...

Be careful with that game though. If you get hooked you can play it forever.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu May 03, 2007 4:57 pm

I just got guitar hero II and a new TV!!!!!! Time to play xbox all night!
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Thu May 03, 2007 5:04 pm

Coldfire24 wrote:I just got guitar hero II and a new TV!!!!!! Time to play xbox all night!

Did you get pink flames for it? Make it look coldfire style to match your bike. :twisted:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu May 03, 2007 5:15 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
Coldfire24 wrote:I just got guitar hero II and a new TV!!!!!! Time to play xbox all night!

Did you get pink flames for it? Make it look coldfire style to match your bike. :twisted:

No i'm going to put a picture of my celica on it.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Mon May 07, 2007 2:24 pm

Trevor....Athena.....are you two alive?!?

:shock:

An entire weekend on XBL and neither of you showed up.... :? :(

:|

Everything okay?
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon May 07, 2007 2:57 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Trevor....Athena.....are you two alive?!?

Everything okay?

Yeah what's up with that? The rest of us are too stupid to start up a game of GoW on our own. Well I speak for the others. Me, I just take advantage of the situation and get some sleep.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Mon May 07, 2007 3:23 pm

Oh yea, it couldn't be because I live in the middle of nowhere and hosting a match would result in certain absolute death.

Everyone knows the only one that can host a match is Wistful. The rest of us lag like a bad powerpoint presentation on a computer from 1992.

That said....I still won without even playing. I finally got Virtua Tennis 3 (All Seeing Eye, you care about this sir!) and it's pretty fun. Table Tennis....a bit more complex.

Actually, I did a lot of old Xbox and Gamecube games this past weekend. I picked up Metal Slug 4&5 and Carve for the Xbox. Now I have like 70+ games for no real good reason.

Prey should be here any day now though....I can enjoy that. Oh and that Forza 2 demo. Possibly this week, probably next is my prediction.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon May 07, 2007 3:26 pm

Around the 15th was the last I heard about the Forza 2 demo. This week we will be getting the spring update for the 360 dashboard though. Plenty of new features to play around with for 10 minutes before that gets old and we scream for more.

Oh and I never hosted a game so we don't know how that would work out.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Mon May 07, 2007 3:29 pm

kid on an escalator wrote:Oh and I never hosted a game so we don't know how that would work out.

Hahahahaha you're in freakin Sweden!!!! There's no way....

The spring update will hopefully add backwards compatibility to a few more games. I know they just did one but usually they add around the updates. As big as the BC list is right now, only about 20 of my games actually play on a 360. I need stuff like Splashdown and Rallisport Challenge 2 up and running M$, I have been waiting for like, forever...

What else is there...like an instant messenger? Anything else worth noting?
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon May 07, 2007 3:38 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
kid on an escalator wrote:Oh and I never hosted a game so we don't know how that would work out.

Hahahahaha you're in freakin Sweden!!!! There's no way....

The spring update will hopefully add backwards compatibility to a few more games. I know they just did one but usually they add around the updates. As big as the BC list is right now, only about 20 of my games actually play on a 360. I need stuff like Splashdown and Rallisport Challenge 2 up and running M$, I have been waiting for like, forever...

What else is there...like an instant messenger? Anything else worth noting?

My internet connection kicks your connection's ass.

And no this is purely a dashboard update. No more games will be added to the BC. They gave us a BC update a couple of weeks ago. Already forgotten about that?

What this update will give us is support for a couple more video formats (no, not divx/xvid), you will be able to add your Live Messenger contacts to your XBL friends list and you can text chat with up to 6 people at once. Other than that there are most likely only minor stuff added like being able to see which game is in the tray in the dashboard and such.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Mon May 07, 2007 4:00 pm

kid on an escalator wrote:My internet connection kicks your connection's ass.

That's not saying much :lol:

kid on an escalator wrote:And no this is purely a dashboard update. No more games will be added to the BC. They gave us a BC update a couple of weeks ago. Already forgotten about that?

Yea it's terrible. Indeed I figured they might have a few more. They promise King of Fighters 2002 and 2003 would run. Instead I got 2002 running, and it's the worst emulation I have ever seen. Maybe it's because it happens to be emulating an emulator but still...and 2003 doesn't run. I have so many games they haven't done. I was shocked they even set up Panzer Dragoon Orta and Shenmue 2. I would just expect more games. I guess that one programming geek they keep locked up in the basement over @ MS finally got past his probation period so now he just takes his sweet time doing BC.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon May 07, 2007 4:23 pm

I remembered one neat feature that will be in this update. When you get an achievement (guess that only matters to me and godzillasushi...) you will instead of the normal "achievement unlocked" pop-up see the name of the achievement and the amount of points it gives you.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Mon May 07, 2007 4:26 pm

kid on an escalator wrote:I remembered one neat feature that will be in this update. When you get an achievement (guess that only matters to me and godzillasushi...) you will instead of the normal "achievement unlocked" pop-up see the name of the achievement and the amount of points it gives you.

Now that would be convenient. No more checking to see what it was exactly. I broke 17K and I will probably break 18K this month BTW. I am the greatest. You will never catch me. None of you. The next closest friend under you has 5K anyway.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Mon May 07, 2007 4:28 pm

Oh SWEET, Panzer Dragoon is finally available?? Nice, it wasn't when I first picked up my 360 a month back or so. That absolutely rules. That is probably the BEST rail shooter of all time (and no it's not open to debate ;)), good to know.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon May 07, 2007 4:28 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
kid on an escalator wrote:I remembered one neat feature that will be in this update. When you get an achievement (guess that only matters to me and godzillasushi...) you will instead of the normal "achievement unlocked" pop-up see the name of the achievement and the amount of points it gives you.

Now that would be convenient. No more checking to see what it was exactly. I broke 17K and I will probably break 18K this month BTW. I am the greatest. You will never catch me. None of you. The next closest friend under you has 5K anyway.

If I bought more than 1 game every 6 months I would probably get more points...
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Mon May 07, 2007 4:36 pm

kid on an escalator wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

If I played more than 1 game every 6 months I would probably get more points...

Ah you're packed with excuses. I didn't get a game since Gears of War last year. Only recently have I actually gotten something else to do. Doesn't Sweden have a Gamefly-esque type of service? Or do you have to import everything? Does Sweden have running water and sunlight?!? :P

Fawst wrote:Oh SWEET, Panzer Dragoon is finally available?? Nice, it wasn't when I first picked up my 360 a month back or so. That absolutely rules. That is probably the BEST rail shooter of all time (and no it's not open to debate ;)), good to know.

If anything, I enjoyed unlocking the extras even more. While not as good as Star Fox 64 ( :wink: ) it's awesome. When I finally unlocked the Saturn version of Panzer Dragoon it was just fantastic. Those games are some of the rarest one can own at this moment. Getting the opportunity to play it is quite a gem.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Mon May 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Bah, SNES Starfox was far better than 64 ;)

By the way, you were right. Bought Oblivion yesterday at 11 in the morning, started around 11:30 and aside from a 2 hour break for shopping/cooking/eating, I didn't stop playing it.

I also learned that no matter what I did to try a different method, I couldn't break into this one dude's house to get info on his graverobbing shenanigans without getting a guard after me. How hte HELL are you supposed to rob people if guards come running even if you weren't spotted picking a lock?!

Otherwise the game rules. Went through the two (that I found) dungeons just outside the sewer exit and that quest in the city, and that was sick fun!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon May 07, 2007 4:52 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Ah you're packed with excuses. I didn't get a game since Gears of War last year. Only recently have I actually gotten something else to do. Doesn't Sweden have a Gamefly-esque type of service? Or do you have to import everything? Does Sweden have running water and sunlight?!? :P

If I wanted to rent a game I would have to donate one leg and both kidneys (or did you take them from me?).

Anyway... the update is up at Tuesday May 8th at 3AM PST.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby wonkabar on Fri May 11, 2007 4:24 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Trevor....Athena.....are you two alive?!?

Everything okay?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Jesus....they weren't on?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 11, 2007 4:42 pm

wonkabar wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:Trevo r....Athena.....are you two alive?!?

Everything okay?

Actually, I found out why they weren't on. I thusly felt like an ass which is typical. Without going into it, I can really be a bastard sometimes without knowing it :oops:

But they were on every day since then, kicking everyones butt as usual. :wink:

I love you Andy. :lol:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Fri May 11, 2007 4:52 pm

godzillasushi wrote: kicking everyones butt as usual. :wink:

Yeah, they know how to get-some.

Shit, they've both passed me on gamerscore.....I gotta get back in the game-grid
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 11, 2007 5:00 pm

wonkabar wrote:
godzillasushi wrote: kicking everyones butt as usual. :wink:

Shit, they've both passed me on gamerscore.....I gotta get back in the game-grid

Dang, have you checked mine lately? I crossed over to 17,000 last week.

I guess they got their revenge for you not beating it on Insane with em'. :o :lol:

Are you gonna get Forza 2 when that comes out? I know a few people from here and Rusty Bullet are planning on buying it.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Fri May 11, 2007 5:13 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
wonkabar wrote:[quot e="godzillasushi"] kicking everyones butt as usual. :wink:

Dang, have you checked mine lately? I crossed over to 17,000 last week.

I guess they got their revenge for you not beating it on Insane with em'. :o :lol:

Are you gonna get Forza 2 when that comes out? I know a few people from here and Rusty Bullet are planning on buying it.[/quote]

Haven't heard much about Forza 2....I still wanna get GH2.

btw....
you aren't this^ guy are you?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Haha of course not, I'm this guy:

I got GH2 but I don't really like it. It takes some serious commitment to get good and I play the real guitar. So playing that game feels utterly rediculous. The real thing is....how shall I put this....real.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Fri May 11, 2007 5:45 pm

LOL!

Yeah, I play with the the guitar myself....

So, what's teh deal w/ Forza-2?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 11, 2007 5:48 pm

wonkabar wrote:So, what's teh deal w/ Forza-2?

Check this out for Forza 2. It's my obsessive crazed fan thread haha. The demo is out now too. It's nice.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Fri May 11, 2007 6:01 pm

I'll peep the demo.

Dude, this is bit off the subject, but I would kill for a new version of Road Rash-3D for 360 w/ online multiplayer....dude, that would be the shit! Chaining and batting other players at 90 mph.... oh man!

GET SOME!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 11, 2007 7:02 pm

wonkabar wrote:I'll peep the demo.

Dude, this is bit off the subject, but I would kill for a new version of Road Rash-3D for 360 w/ online multiplayer....dude, that would be the shit! Chaining and batting other players at 90 mph.... oh man!

GET SOME!

I agreed with you up until I saw your sig HAHAHAHAHAHA!! :twisted: :wink:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Tue May 15, 2007 6:05 am

Forza: Made me yawn!

Sorry, but to slooooow!

Not my gf moaned at me for this, not likeing "realistic" games. Racing games that offer the test of the real thing.

Thats fir enough. I'm sure its a great fucking game if thats what you're into.

But I want to thunder down the road and have it feel like I'm just about sticking it my seat where its so fast. Then hacking into the corner, guy close behind, someone in front, trying to get past, flying round the corner, then screeching out and zooming off up the road, fighting damn hard to get first.

But in FOrza I went down the road at a speed that was nice, then had to slow down to, what FELT like a snails pace, because the steering was so damn hard (sorry, I mean realistic) and then come back out of the corner.

Honestly, this is more me realiszing that "real" car games aren't for me. I'm more enjoy the edge of your seat terror of sa Burnout (and I don't just mean the crashing - I mean the feeling of speed and the sound effects have never been rivaled!)

end of rant :-)

BRING IT ON BITCHES! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Wed May 16, 2007 4:05 am

Whose online playing the Halo 3 Beta multiplayer tonight?

I'll be around... Maaaan! I can't wait! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Wed May 16, 2007 9:39 am

silentbobafett wrote:Forza: Made me yawn!

:evil:

GAH what did you expect? It's a simulation game. It's no different then Sim City or flight simulator. When you drive a Mustang that's how fast they go, and that's how they handle. Might not be perfect, which is where the tuning aspect comes in. The game is difficult to master. That's what makes it so great. It's perfect for car fans or Gran Turismo fans. I was even more stoked after giving the demo a pounding.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Wed May 16, 2007 9:45 am

I'm REALLY impressed by the demo. It was the best sim-racing game I've played since the original GT. GT was an evolutionary step forward in gaming, Forza is just as big of a step. Just drive a full race in the demo, then watch the replay with telemetry turned on. WOW. Insane depth and detail. I need to practice a lot more, as I am SO used to Burnout. I think it was a good choice for the first turn you take in the demo to have an absolutely massive OOB area beyond it. Cuz when I came roaring in at a buck twenty-five and tried to drift through it? Whew... I think I got lapped by the time I even made it back onto the track.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Wed May 16, 2007 9:57 am

I spent an hour in the demo just wrecking cars haha. I was gonna test the damage models and physics but they were turned off aside from the body damage. Anyway, the whole time I was driving backwards on the track and slamming into cars. It's pretty funny. I got a few airborne. They don't flip, but a few popped up like 10 feet in the air. The telemetry is incredible. You might not know this, but you can turn it on during the race. It's awesome to see what the tires are doing or the suspension while you're driving. You can find out what spots on the track are ruining your tires, and adjust accordingly. Takes a serious jump in realism over the last one.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Thu May 17, 2007 9:27 am

So I'm flipping thru a old game informer from november and I was reminded of the game Dark Sector. I mentioned it last night if you were there. But anyway it sounds really badass and I found this which just got me totally siked for this game.

I don't know about multiplayer or even when it comes out, mostly because I have limited time to read about, but check it out. Looks wild and I love that it is not 1st person btw

Here is the teaser trailer which is also worth checking out. Though not nearly as good as the gameplay video.

Enjoy!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby athenabodicea on Thu May 17, 2007 3:59 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
wonkabar wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:Trevo r....Athena.....are you two alive?!?

Everything okay?

Actually, I found out why they weren't on. I thusly felt like an ass which is typical. Without going into it, I can really be a bastard sometimes without knowing it :oops:

But they were on every day since then, kicking everyones butt as usual. :wink:

I love you Andy. :lol:

OMG!!!!!

I(thinkimighthave)PAMP(justalittle)ILASH!!!!

You crazy kids... ;)
Last edited by athenabodicea on Thu May 17, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby godzillasushi on Thu May 17, 2007 4:47 pm

athenabodicea wrote:OMG!!!!!

I(thinkimighthave)PAMP(justalittle)ILASH!!!!

You crazy kids... ;)

Hey....I happen to be an adult. It says so on my taxes, so it must be true.

...right?!?

RIGHT!?!?!?!

ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm

A wee suggestion to us looking for a new game. Theres this one coming out soon called Shadowrun. And while I don't know if it's any good yet or not.....it looks like it might be 16 players. What's even better is that it is third person I think. We've been looking for a new game where more people could play....this might be the one everybody! The endless lines of Gears of War could be a thing of the past.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Wed May 23, 2007 4:16 pm

Shadowrun looks SIIIIIIIIIICK! I cannot WAIT to play that damn game. Too bad it actually looks nothing like what I think of when I think Shadowrun. Oh well. I guess people would call my vision a ripoff of The Matrix, even though -- well, everything's a ripoff these days, why should The Matrix be any different?

Two more that look like they could be a lot of fun online are Tenchu Z (online co-op ninja stealth action!), and Call of Duty 4. CoD4 looks abso-friggin-lutely insane. Constant 60fps, looks as good as or better than UE3 games... modern warfare (hence the title, Modern Warfare (Combat?)), so now you can deal death from a Helicopter :D It's gonna be awesome.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Wed May 23, 2007 4:24 pm

Fawst wrote:Shadowrun looks SIIIIIIIIIICK! I cannot WAIT to play that damn game. Too bad it actually looks nothing like what I think of when I think Shadowrun. Oh well. I guess people would call my vision a ripoff of The Matrix, even though -- well, everything's a ripoff these days, why should The Matrix be any different?

Two more that look like they could be a lot of fun online are Tenchu Z (online co-op ninja stealth action!), and Call of Duty 4. CoD4 looks abso-friggin-lutely insane. Constant 60fps, looks as good as or better than UE3 games... modern warfare (hence the title, Modern Warfare (Combat?)), so now you can deal death from a Helicopter :D It's gonna be awesome.

The Matrix used to be a system within Shadowrun but they stole that. And I don't like the look of this new Shadowrun at all.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fawst on Wed May 23, 2007 4:37 pm

It's funny, my friend keeps bitching about how dark games are these days. Like with Doom 3. Gorgeous game, you just couldn't see it. So Shadowrun comes along and -- BEAUTIFUL COLORS! BRIGHT LIGHTS! AAAAAAGH!!! The game is called SHADOWrun. Ironic, then, that it's absolutely blinding in it's visuals.

Maybe one of these days I'll actually make my Shadowrun-ripoff mod for Half Life 2. That, or write the bible for the game idea I had that was like Shadowrun. I have a friend who works at EA (there's a shocker for entry-level game jobs...), and he's a monster at 3D engine code. I should get him to help build it.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Wed May 23, 2007 5:48 pm

Fawst wrote:It's funny, my friend keeps bitching about how dark games are these days. Like with Doom 3. Gorgeous game, you just couldn't see it. So Shadowrun comes along and -- BEAUTIFUL COLORS! BRIGHT LIGHTS! AAAAAAGH!!! The game is called SHADOWrun. Ironic, then, that it's absolutely blinding in it's visuals.

Maybe one of these days I'll actually make my Shadowrun-ripoff mod for Half Life 2. That, or write the bible for the game idea I had that was like Shadowrun. I have a friend who works at EA (there's a shocker for entry-level game jobs...), and he's a monster at 3D engine code. I should get him to help build it.

"Monster at 3D engine code" and "EA" does not belong in the same sentence.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fawst on Wed May 23, 2007 5:50 pm

Yah, but he's also a Mormon who doesn't like violent games, and he worked on the menu code for the PC version of The Godfather. Go figure. He was part of a group we had going online where we were trying to make games. He had a 3D engine up and running in no time that was the base for our puzzle game and the racer we were designing. Good guy.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Wed May 23, 2007 6:31 pm

Fawst wrote:Yah, but he's also a Mormon who doesn't like violent games, and he worked on the menu code for the PC version of The Godfather. Go figure. He was part of a group we had going online where we were trying to make games. He had a 3D engine up and running in no time that was the base for our puzzle game and the racer we were designing. Good guy.

Tell him to make EA step it up a little bit eh? :lol:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:55 pm

My name is Michael and I am addicted to shadowrun. Why don't any of you play it? I'm tired of gears I like bright colors. Seriously. I can't stop playing.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:57 pm

Coldfire24 wrote:My name is Michael and I am addicted to shadowrun. Why don't any of you play it? I'm tired of gears I like bright colors. Seriously. I can't stop playing.

Because it's terrible....

Actually CF I want everyone to get Battlefield 2 or possibly Rainbow Six Vegas since trevorbodicea got it already.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:58 pm

I know. Thats the horrible part. It's terrible and I can't stop playing. Help me!

I've had rainbow six I'd be up to playing that anytime. I want the new battlefield game to come out soon. I just read a preview for it on ign.com
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:26 pm

Yea I heard about that one but Modern Combat is on the cheap end so i'm looking at that. If we all had it...sure would be fun driving tanks and stuff around.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:30 am

REJOICE. I am now one with the Xbox Live. I'm not a gold member yet, but I will be soon.

If you want to add me, just send me a friend request.

The gamertag is Nachokoolaid.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:49 pm

Gamer Tag is StereosForGeeks
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Maui on Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:57 pm

I'll be joining in the festivities as well. Looks like I can get a good deal on craigs for a 360. Stay tuned....

Hopefully I won't get banned from any servers. I did in CS. They just didn't understand my sense of humour is all. :roll:
Maui
WoWie

PreviousNext

Return to Games