The Zone XBox Online Gaming Community

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:52 pm

You know everyone, the old arcade coin-op Ninja Turtles game comes out on Live Arcade tomorrow. I think I remember hearing that it would include 4 player co-op over live....I believe it was that old beat em' up. Anyway, I think its only 5 bucks so that might be fun...just thought id throw it out there since I plan to get it. It is devoid of random bloody violence that Gears of War has implanted in our minds but still...
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:13 pm

HAHAHA I remember that game and I can picture myself standing in the 7-11 where I played it, 108 years ago. That game was pretty cool and I appreciate the heads up sushi.

I don't know how much money I want to spend on stuff like this yet tbh. playing a co-op with 4 people sounds great and all but I want to see them build on gears more. I want more maps, more guns, troika (that you can detach and carry around like Jesse the body in predator), I want the teams to be able to play multiple people, that way if 7 are playing 1st to die gets to respawn and fill that gap, and I would love to see something in the way of a knife or sword another chainsaw type animation (perhaps where you spin around them and cut the dudes throat or cut off his head or something)

my point being of course; I just don't think an 80s arcade game is going to satisfy these cravings. But if like you said its only $5 and we confirm that 4 player online is possible we'll likely get it.

On a side note last night I had a dream where I was dodging a berserker with a whole bunch of people. It was fuckings awesome, he was HUGE, I was in this heavily wooded area and if you laid down on the ground the thing couldn't see you. But all these jackasses kept moving, trying to crawl and stuff, so I would run right past them right when the berserker was chasing me so he would kill them. Good times! :twisted:
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby kid on an escalator on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:33 pm

godzillasushi wrote:You know everyone, the old arcade coin-op Ninja Turtles game comes out on Live Arcade tomorrow. I think I remember hearing that it would include 4 player co-op over live....I believe it was that old beat em' up. Anyway, I think its only 5 bucks so that might be fun...just thought id throw it out there since I plan to get it. It is devoid of random bloody violence that Gears of War has implanted in our minds but still...

Yeah it has 4 player co-op over XBL. I'll probably buy it.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby wonkabar on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:17 pm

I still gotta get some more achievements on Streetfighter. And finish GOW on "Insane"....and beat coldplay's score on Hexic....and close that goddamn oblivion-gate. Oh, and I'm with sushi....Crackdown can blow me.

PS. just got a new notebook w/ Vista and WMC...pretty sweet
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:27 pm

wonkabar wrote:Oh, and I'm with sushi....Crackdown can blow me.

THANK YOU! Finally someone agrees with me about that POS.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Yeah, I don't get what's wrong with these people....pods or something maybe.

Oh yeah, and I still suck w/ the shotgun on GOW. It's so demoralizing to see athena become a killing-machine while I'm still rolling n-00-b-style over the same time-period.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:47 pm

Well yea, she has homing bullets or something. I can be 10 feet away and she can shoot around a corner and kill me.

And Trevor snipes like no ones business now.....where did that come from?

At least I have my trusty Hammer of Dawn.....OH WAIT THEY SWAPPED IT OUT OF THE MAPS NOW!!!! :twisted: I still out-pistol anyone.... :roll:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:55 pm

godzillasushi wrote:You know everyone, the old arcade coin-op Ninja Turtles game comes out on Live Arcade tomorrow. I think I remember hearing that it would include 4 player co-op over live....I believe it was that old beat em' up. Anyway, I think its only 5 bucks so that might be fun...just thought id throw it out there since I plan to get it. It is devoid of random bloody violence that Gears of War has implanted in our minds but still...

I want in... lol
You can't beat $5...
Will we get experience points too??

How do you buy these things anyway??
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:00 pm

wonkabar wrote:Oh yeah, and I still suck w/ the shotgun on GOW. It's so demoralizing to see athena become a killing-machine while I'm still rolling n-00-b-style over the same time-period.

lol

Its the only weapon I use...
I can kinda use torque bow & frags but nothing else...

I LOVE MY SHOTGUN!!!! :twisted: 8)

godzillasushi wrote: Well yea, she has homing bullets or something. I can be 10 feet away and she can shoot around a corner and kill me.

Yes...
I purchased homing bullets on xbox live marketplace...
I had them specifically made to find your ass... ;)

Do you love my smokin' aces shotgun chick pic???

godzillasushi wrote:And Trevor snipes like no ones business now.....where did that come from?

At least I have my trusty Hammer of Dawn.....OH WAIT THEY SWAPPED IT OUT OF THE MAPS NOW!!!! :twisted: I still out-pistol anyone.... :roll:

Last night was the 1st time we took it out...
But I kind of thought it was fun to have BOOM where hammer would normally be...
It changes the strategy of the game completely...

YAY...
5:00....

See you all soon (I hope)...
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby tfactor on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:41 pm

Sushi, I've said it before and I'll say it again; this is not unlike chess, in that the better your opponents the more you learn from each game you play.

I'm only as good as I am because I've played with you and several others that are just awesome. And because I watched you and moogle and wonka ... ok maybe not wonka but you get the idea. Sorry Wonka I haven't forgiven you for finishing that hardcore co-op you started with us - without us.

Sorry about the Hammer swap Sushi, it was done only last night as a temporary thing, we thought we'd give it a try. And like she said it changed the dynamics and everyones strategy a lot, so we'll be careful about doing that in the future and very selective on what we will swap it with. frags

Congrats on the new lappy Wonka! I hope Vista doesn't suck.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby mcjake on Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:33 am

Yay, my internet is broken over spring break! :x Or it's at least dial up speed which doesn't help anything either. I guess I will just get more use out of Netflix for a while. Pfffft.
mcjake
GLIB

Postby athenabodicea on Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:28 pm

mcjake wrote:Yay, my internet is broken over spring break! :x Or it's at least dial up speed which doesn't help anything either. I guess I will just get more use out of Netflix for a while. Pfffft.
\

NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

You must get it fixed....
We need you....
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:47 pm

tfactor wrote:Sorry about the Hammer swap Sushi, it was done only last night as a temporary thing, we thought we'd give it a try. And like she said it changed the dynamics and everyones strategy a lot, so we'll be careful about doing that in the future and very selective on what we will swap it with. frags

Hey thats fair enough. I really dont mind it not being there. I only used it on Rooftops anyway. I think swapping it out for a sniper rifle would also make things interesting.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Last night we did it again completely by accident, I guess once you make a change like that it sticks in the default settings - so we hadn't actually wanted to swap out hammer ... it just sort of happened.

We'll definitely give snipe a try too. But even with that some people are just not on the level so swapping that could make things quite unenjoyable for some of our less experienced players.

sorry you're having problems there McSuckyISP ;) I hope you're calling them and chewing their asses out often! Sometimes its the only way to get things fixed. Is this a single issue or an area issue, either way more than a day or so disruption is complaint worthy imho
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby mcjake on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:09 pm

Yeah, I don't know what it is, but my internet has had a low connection for about 75% of the time we have had it. It's really dumb, we have to call them and get it sorted out like every month. The good news is that they did give us about six months refund from it not working. I'll keep trying though.

I'd say swap it with frags because who doesn't like to get frag tagged? Oh yeah that's right, everyone. But I love 'em. :D
mcjake
GLIB

Postby kid on an escalator on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:15 pm

tfactor wrote:Last night we did it again completely by accident, I guess once you make a change like that it sticks in the default settings - so we hadn't actually wanted to swap out hammer ... it just sort of happened.

We'll definitely give snipe a try too. But even with that some people are just not on the level so swapping that could make things quite unenjoyable for some of our less experienced players.

Well I for one love that you have swapped out the hammer. That weapon is just so damn misplaced. Doesn't fit at all in the game imo.

On a side note I managed to get a free headset from MS. Just called them and said that the one I have was broken and they looked up to see that I actually owned a 360 and that was it. And yes one of my headsets is actually broken but I haven't gotten around to call MS to get a new one until now. I almost broke my second one last night when I threw the damn thing. I need to stop throwing things around...
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Of course you guys like em. Everytime im in a game I know exactly who is getting the frags. I dont even bother asking anymore.

Last night was quite funny. Corrosive had taken the sniper from me. I told him to keep it then and he felt bad. I said, just keep it ill kill them another way. I then moved in for the triple kill with my shotgun. I would kill with a super soaker if I had to.

My Ultimate Goal: Make Andy Escalator throw things.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:25 pm

Well you better start working on those shotgun skills Sushi, because from what I watched - if athena catches you with that supersoaker you'll be dead wet meat ... or maybe just put italian dressing in the super soaker, that way when she does blow you into a hundred chunks of meat at least you'll be marinated sorry I haven't eaten today and I'm really hungry

Now to be fair, Corrosive only wanted that snipe for that one round, he didn't mean don't ever touch the thing again for the rest of your time on that map. Its called sharing sushi, you should try it some time .. you greedy celica driving girly boy :o :P

And come on, getting Andy to start throwing stuff is no challenge, its almost as easy as befriending 10 year olds to play with you because they are much much better than you and then using them to get up to 16,000 points. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you? :shock: :roll:

:wink:
:twisted:
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:57 am

Hye guys, its good to the the online community growing!

Sorry I've been ellusive on here and on Xbox live but I've been a busy bee!

However, I should have a bit mroe time from now on so I'm here to thank you all for befriending me on Xbox live and hopefully we can all game soon!

I have Crackdown - whats that lie on co-op I ain't done that yet? Can you do more than one otehr person on co-op?

:-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:59 am

Hey guys sorry about last night. I had a phone call and just never got back in there. It really sucked too because I was just having an amazing session. Things never seem to go my way but I was in the 'zone'. Anyway my apologies.

And nice to see your still alive boba.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:06 am

Goram Frackers good to have you back, hopefully we'll see you on there a little later.

No worries sushi, last night was partially our fault. Our freakshow dog was doing her normal freaking out thing that she does with her little rubber toy and sure enough BAM right into the xbox she crashed. I thought for sure we were screwed yet again, I said to athena no way is this NOT going to complete mess up our system.

However all is as it should be and nothing seems to have been damaged *finds wood, knocks twice*. Anyway we've since moved the system to a higher shelf, bolted it to the frame and over the weekend I'll likely be searching local hardware stores for some steel bars or bullet proof glass or something to put in front of it

and btw sushi if by "I was just having an amazing session" you mean "I was amazed at how many times Trevor crushed me like grapes at a winery" then yes you were amazing! :P :wink:

So last night we tried swapping hammer for frags, but it felt very easy and not very skillful. It was fun as hell but I'm open to suggestions for another swap. Snipes we'll give a try but so far I think boomshot was the best. But we haven't tried torque yet, so we'll see. any thoughts?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:10 am

kid on an escalator wrote:On a side note I managed to get a free headset from MS. Just called them and said that the one I have was broken and they looked up to see that I actually owned a 360 and that was it. And yes one of my headsets is actually broken but I haven't gotten around to call MS to get a new one until now. I almost broke my second one last night when I threw the damn thing. I need to stop throwing things around...

Keep this under your hat but if you call Microsoft and tell them you've broken your wireless pad they'll send you a new one of those too..:D I've had 3 off them so far and ebayed 2!! The same with component cables and power leads too i understand.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:21 am

tfactor wrote:and btw sushi if by "I was just having an amazing session" you mean "I was amazed at how many times Trevor crushed me like grapes at a winery" then yes you were amazing! :P :wink:

So last night we tried swapping hammer for frags, but it felt very easy and not very skillful. It was fun as hell but I'm open to suggestions for another swap. Snipes we'll give a try but so far I think boomshot was the best. But we haven't tried torque yet, so we'll see. any thoughts?

I think the crossbow would be fun. The boomshot experiment worked out good too. You know what I was thinking, you should switch out the hammerburst and that magnum for some other guns too. Like throw in more boomshots and crossbows.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:36 pm

I didn't want to be one of those hosts that swaps everything out, the hammer was only an exception because so many of our normal player absolutely can't stand it and they constantly bitch about it. Me not excluded

But yeah it would be too easy to swap everything out for boomshots and frags, because the matches wouldn't last more than 30 seconds and would literally be just 4-8 explosions and its over, which doesn't sound like it would be much fun beyond the first couple matches.

But who knows, maybe we should do certain nights are certain swaps. That way everyone is essentially pushed to improve their skills with each weapon. And do it frequently with snipes & torque because I think those are the two weapons most people could definitely use some improvement on.

I just think it would help if more than 1-2 people out of 8 are very skilled with things like snipes & torque, because it would even the matches out dramatically. But then again we still have guys that refuse to use their shotgun, which I don't think I'll ever understand but that sort of makes the point legit that comfort levels could certainly use improvement, you know?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby kid on an escalator on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:38 pm

I hope to see you all on tonight. And I really hope I won't see any of that way-beyond-unplayable lag I had last time.

As for weapons switching I don't think adding more boomshots and frags will be that fun. Swapping the hammer for boomshot is one thing but several weapons at once? Not so keen on that idea. But I do like the general idea of weapon switching. We could always use some fresh strategies now and then.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:48 pm

Yea I plan to play tonight too.

To be completely honest, I feel that grenades are the most annoying weapons in all of video games. Particularly Gears of War. Its a shame that we remove the hammer but not the grenades :P

Alright, alright....im done complaining forever now. Just let us remember for all eternity that I was fantastic with that hammer.

My arm has amazing reach for patting myself on the back.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:04 pm

godzillasushi wrote:My arm has amazing reach for patting myself on the back.

So I've noticed... :lol:
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby wonkabar on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:31 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
To be completely honest, I feel that grenades are the most annoying weapons in all of video games. Particularly Gears of War. Its a shame that we remove the hammer but not the grenades :P

Getting stuck with one on GOW is pretty goddamn annoying.....but those fuckers that lob them all the time on Halo....off walls, getting double-kills etc. that can get really frustrating.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:16 pm

wonkabar wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

Getting stuck with one on GOW is pretty goddamn annoying.....but those fuckers that lob them all the time on Halo....off walls, getting double-kills etc. that can get really frustrating.

It's all a matter of perspective. I think grenades work well. To be honest, if you stand still long enough in one spot, ie camping, or are careless enough to be stuck then you are going to be grenaded. I remember the debate about Halo 2s "noob combo" - you either advocated it as taking skill, or called it cheap. I thought it was a killer move.

As for Halo/Halo 2 grenades; they are an integral part of the multiplayer. Using sticky grenades on that game feels so nice when you tag someone far away. Also the "goodbye grenade" is a good answer to the dicks who feel compelled to teabag your corpse or the dick who walks around with the sword for the whole round.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby wonkabar on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:17 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:As for Halo/Halo 2 grenades; they are an integral part of the multiplayer. Using sticky grenades on that game feels so nice when you tag someone far away. Also the "goodbye grenade" is a good answer to the dicks who feel compelled to teabag your corpse or the dick who walks around with the sword for the whole round.

Ah, the memories!

Fuck sword-whores
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:16 am

wonkabar wrote:
TheAllSeeingEye wrote:As for Halo/Halo 2 grenades; they are an integral part of the multiplayer. Using sticky grenades on that game feels so nice when you tag someone far away. Also the "goodbye grenade" is a good answer to the dicks who feel compelled to teabag your corpse or the dick who walks around with the sword for the whole round.

Ah, the memories!

Fuck sword-whores

I hope they've taken the sword out of Halo 3, i really do. Mind, knowing Bungie, they've either 1)replaced it with something just as rediculous or 2) Made it dual weild-able
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:08 am

I never had a problem with the sword honestly. Now the shotgun....that one should have been removed or fixed. The shotgun could have been the answer to the sword on half those levels like Midship. Instead, its the ever useless gun that shoots air.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:43 pm

godzillasushi wrote:I never had a problem with the sword honestly. Now the shotgun....that one should have been removed or fixed. The shotgun could have been the answer to the sword on half those levels like Midship. Instead, its the ever useless gun that shoots air.

Unless you happen to be lucky enough to host, in which case it turns into the Iraq SuperGun; able to obliterate enemies on the other side of the map. The sword itself wasn't so badm it was the whores who just went for it every single time.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Fawst on Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Fawst's gamer tag is... Fawst :D Go figure. Amazing that I have been using that handle for over a decade, and it still is (mostly) available for anything I try to use it for. Hotmail being the exception.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:22 pm

I will add you later today. I know I will probably be on tonight.

Hopefully Trevor and Athena are on. They are our designated hosters. Without them, we are unable to play. They are the glue that holds together the group. King Moogle and I give off the aura of good skill that allows everyone to play great. And the RustyBonerFluid crew gives everyone inspiration (including his dawg). McJake brings the booze, Wistful enjoys long walks in the park, and All Seeing Eye refuses to play with us for no appearant reason.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:30 pm

godzillasushi wrote:I will add you later today. I know I will probably be on tonight.

Hopefully Trevor and Athena are on. They are our designated hosters. Without them, we are unable to play. They are the glue that holds together the group. King Moogle and I give off the aura of good skill that allows everyone to play great. And the RustyBonerFluid crew gives everyone inspiration (including his dawg). McJake brings the booze, Wistful enjoys long walks in the park, and All Seeing Eye refuses to play with us for no appearant reason.

I was on the phone just now, holding for some douche right? - so I jumped into the zone, as I often do when I'm holding. But when I got to the "rustybonerfluid" part of this post I started laughing really hard and by the time I got to the end of the post - I'd lost all composure and had to hang up on the guy I was holding for. Nice Sushi! very nice ... like almost Chuck Norris level nice even!
:D
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:57 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
Nordling wrote:Okay. .. I have joined the world of Xbox Live. I played R6:V last night... and had my ass cleanly, neatly handed to me.

Let the raping begin.

Gamertag: NordlingAICN

You better get to adding because I never add...EVER. :P

Get on tonight, I plan to show up!

:?

godzillasushi wrote: I will add you later today. I know I will probably be on tonight.

:shock:

godzillasushi wrote:Hopefully Trevor and Athena are on. They are our designated hosters. Without them, we are unable to play. They are the glue that holds together the group. King Moogle and I give off the aura of good skill that allows everyone to play great. And the RustyBonerFluid crew gives everyone inspiration (including his dawg). McJake brings the booze, Wistful enjoys long walks in the park, and All Seeing Eye refuses to play with us for no appearant reason.

IPAMPILASH!!!!
Pretty damn accurate....
Best post EVAR!!!!
Except McJake doesnt bring booze....
And when did Moogle go from Prince to King???

:?
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:06 pm

Okay okay. I added him because I felt bad. I didnt want Fawst to immediately lose to me without being on my friends list yet. Ive turned the corner on that stuff. Im now willing to add people to my friends list in order to give me more bodies to kill. My trouble is that im killing more then im bringing in.

Im like a giant corporation of coolness and total domination. But its a changing market so im having to adjust and adapt to my customers (targets). So allowing people to have the prestige of my name on their friends lists will in turn let me kill them. My vast accomplishments on XBL reflected in the ultimate gamerscore (currently 16,140) will motivate them to look up to me.

My customers look up to me to provide leadership. Im like a father figure to them. I garner the respect of the greatest kings of past games. My small kingdom is growing and the peasants are moving in. I think I could probably take over the entire gaming world someday with the right recruitment. Im basically assembling my Justice League.

So indeed, I must continue adding players in order to keep the perpetual motion device that is my infinite skill, going. Im not a lesser man, just a changed man.

Oh and thats a typo on King Moogle. Once in a while I let PRINCE Moogle wear my crown, which confuses me. Makes me accidentally type King. Hmm...he's more like my Queen actually....well, either way hes royalty...
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:31 pm

godzillasushi wrote: Okay okay. I added him because I felt bad. I didnt want Fawst to immediately lose to me without being on my friends list yet. Ive turned the corner on that stuff. Im now willing to add people to my friends list in order to give me more bodies to kill. My trouble is that im killing more then im bringing in.

godzillasushi wrote: Im like a giant corporation of coolness and total domination. But its a changing market so im having to adjust and adapt to my customers (targets). So allowing people to have the prestige of my name on their friends lists will in turn let me kill them. My vast accomplishments on XBL reflected in the ultimate gamerscore (currently 16,140) will motivate them to look up to me.

godzillasushi wrote: My customers look up to me to provide leadership. Im like a father figure to them. I garner the respect of the greatest kings of past games. My small kingdom is growing and the peasants are moving in. I think I could probably take over the entire gaming world someday with the right recruitment. Im basically assembling my Justice League.

godzillasushi wrote: So indeed, I must continue adding players in order to keep the perpetual motion device that is my infinite skill, going. Im not a lesser man, just a changed man.

godzillasushi wrote: Oh and thats a typo on King Moogle. Once in a while I let PRINCE Moogle wear my crown, which confuses me. Makes me accidentally type King. Hmm...he's more like my Queen actually....well, either way hes royalty...

:wink:

Last edited by athenabodicea on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby tfactor on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Wow XBOX Live wasn't kidding when they said they would be going off line last night at midnight. I've been trying all day to get into the website and its like it is not even there. Has anyone tried to play their system at all today? I'm wondering if their is literally no online gaming available at all today?

And how long did they say this would be down again?

I'm already starting to twitch a little (dave chappele style of course) and after Sushi's above post I'm severely craving: unloading at least 16,140 bullets into the bodies of my enemies, whatever variation of: rice, raw fish and seaweed they may be. :x :wink:

EDIT: very nice athena! :lol:
Last edited by tfactor on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE IT ATHENA, I LOVE IT!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:42 pm

tfactor wrote:Wow XBOX Live wasn't kidding when they said they would be going off line last night at midnight. I've been trying all day to get into the website and its like it is not even there. Has anyone tried to play their system at all today? I'm wondering if their is literally no online gaming available at all today?

And how long did they say this would be down again?

Was that midnight PST? Cuz my fiancee was playing Burnout til about 12:40 here on the East coast.

Actually, I wound up heading home from work on my lunch break because she thought that maybe she or my roommate messed something up cuz it wasn't working. After I went to xbox.com and saw the "site is down for maintenance" in 295943594395 languages, I realized what was going on. I wish they had a notice on the site saying what time it was ending... I want to play tonight! I just got the damn system on Saturday! At least I can keep plowing forward in Gears of War or actually start Dead Rising.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:23 pm

XBL will be up and running any minute now. They are delayed a bit but they are almost done.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby tfactor on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:10 pm

any minute turns to any hour turns to any day :( :x
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:53 pm

Here, I posted this in the 360 thread, but it belongs here as well. Consider this thread great.

The Great Godzilla wrote:Oh and my own little personal announcement....im the greatest Xbox 360 gamer in the history of the world. I got the island tour race achievement in Test Drive Unlimited this weekend. Thats a 1 1/2 hour race around the entire island of Oahu. Yes....I am the greatest.

In fact, I have 16,300 something reasons why im the greatest. Can you touch this? Well no, because im to good. Ill give a million dollors to anyone who can match my gamerscore! You know why? Because I know no one can. There can only be one "greatest". Theres only room for me. No one else. I am a winner even when I lose.

Oh and I have another personal announcement.....I got 20 kills in a Gears of War match last night. Yes 20. That would be a first, for anyone, ever. Send me your addresses and ill send you my autograph on a photo of me signing an autograph. Hang it on your wall for everyone to see. Own a peice of history. Its like your own personal museum of greatness, right in your living room next to the family portrate. Dont forget to frame it. Greatness enjoys a great frame. Im going to write a theme song I think...

Sushi is the greatest
He is the man
He plays with the grace of an eagle
And the power of a muscular cheetah that ran

He makes everyone around him better
He forgot how to lose
He even beat Athena and Trevor, while they drank their booze

Godzilla, your so sexy
Thats what the ladies say about my greatness
Im a superhero to the kids
And Brad Pitt to the women

I look great in the game
And even better saying my real life name
You feel that rumbling?
Thats me, Godzilla, the greatness making everything go tumbling

(chorus)

Godzilla, your the greatest....great....greater....greatest
Godzilla, your the man....the manliest man
Godzilla, how do you do it?
Well because im Godzilla, I was just born this way.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:33 pm

In case you haven't heard

Gears Of War XBOX Live Tournament

Join over one million gamers from 70 countries worldwide and participate in the World Cyber Games, the world's largest video game tournament and cultural festival. Compete for a chance to represent your country and face off against the world's elite for the title of World Champion

*Clears throats and puts on best sports announcer voice*

This tournament is going to be spectacular folks. But still many questions remain: Will Sushi and Moogle finally get the chance to actualy hold hands as 2 of the finalists? Will the shotgun queen get anywhere close to the finals? Will Wonka ever stop playing with his "real" doll enough to register? Will any Americans even make the finals? Will Canada take the gold, eh? Who will those gifted finalists be? And perhaps most importantly will a 12 year old asian girl rip the "greatest" crown from Sushi's head? To find the answers to these and more exciting questions - stay tuned! 8)
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:35 pm

tfactor wrote:And perhaps most importantly will a 12 year old asian girl rip the "greatest" crown from Sushi's head? To find the answers to these and more exciting questions - stay tuned! 8)

EDIT: Yea thats right, I just took it to another level.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:55 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Here, I posted this in the 360 thread, but it belongs here as well. Consider this thread great.

Oh and my own little personal announcement....im the greatest Xbox 360 gamer in the history of the world. I got the island tour race achievement in Test Drive Unlimited this weekend. Thats a 1 1/2 hour race around the entire island of Oahu. Yes....I am the greatest.

That is in fact a great feat....
Proper credit where proper credit is due...

godzillasushi wrote:In fact, I have 16,300 something reasons why im the greatest. Can you touch this? Well no, because im to good. Ill give a million dollors to anyone who can match my gamerscore! You know why? Because I know no one can. There can only be one "greatest". Theres only room for me. No one else. I am a winner even when I lose.

Question=How can you stand the smell of all that bullshit????????????

Answer=Image

lol

godzillasushi wrote:Oh and I have another personal announcement.....I got 20 kills in a Gears of War match last night. Yes 20. That would be a first, for anyone, ever. Send me your addresses and ill send you my autograph on a photo of me signing an autograph. Hang it on your wall for everyone to see. Own a peice of history. Its like your own personal museum of greatness, right in your living room next to the family portrate. Dont forget to frame it. Greatness enjoys a great frame. Im going to write a theme song I think...

20 kills has been done before by better players than you & on several occasions...
If you would only take your head out of your ass for just a minute, you might have known that... :roll:

I, personally have had 18 kills several times & one time I even scored 19...
And remember..... "I'm just a girl" ;)

godzillasushi wrote:Sushi is the greatest
He is the man
He plays with the grace of an eagle
And the power of a muscular cheetah that ran

He makes everyone around him better
He forgot how to lose
He even beat Athena and Trevor, while they drank their booze

Godzilla, your so sexy
Thats what the ladies say about my greatness
Im a superhero to the kids
And Brad Pitt to the women

I look great in the game
And even better saying my real life name
You feel that rumbling?
Thats me, Godzilla, the greatness making everything go tumbling

(chorus)

Godzilla, your the greatest....great....greater....greatest
Godzilla, your the man....the manliest man
Godzilla, how do you do it?
Well because im Godzilla, I was just born this way.

This is not even close to being worthy for Musical Gears...
Ok maybe it is... I'll have to hear you sing it tonight to be sure... I hope it has a good melody... lol
So please spare us all & dont even try it....

:shock: :twisted: ;)

Oh yeah and btw....
Why dont you just use this pic as your new sig...

They both convey the same emotion....

See you in a few.....

Love Dawg... ;)
Last edited by athenabodicea on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:06 pm

Athena....ouch.... :cry:

why......WHYYYY!!!!!!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:08 pm

A friend of mine has 27,000 gamer points or so. Its insane! Mind you he has played a lot of shite to get there.

My tag is "hermanator x" if anyone wants to add.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Games