The Zone XBox Online Gaming Community

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby wonkabar on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:03 am

tfactor wrote:
Will Wonka ever stop playing with his "real" doll enough to register?

:oops: SHHHHH!!!!!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Coldfire24 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:40 am

Alright guys the semester has come to a close. I have finals in two weeks and not much till august. I will be having surgery on my knee right after my birthday in the beginning of may and will be unable to leave the house for a couple of weeks and then a month of rehad...which means..............

The summer of Xbox live! I will be on all the time this summer. I'm giddy with excitement.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby tfactor on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Hermanator X wrote:A friend of mine has 27,000 gamer points or so. Its insane! Mind you he has played a lot of shite to get there.

My tag is "hermanator x" if anyone wants to add.

Your friend sounds like he's GOW tournament worthy (see above for details)

And HELL YEAH! We will definitely keep an eye out for you mr. hermanator x, it is always fun playing with other Zoners. The wait between maps can be long at times but that's only because conversations are good and its a really tight group & exceptionally cool people. You are welcome to join but be warned if you snooze you lose. Slots rarely stay open for long, so if you see the invite I don't recommend delay.

Hope to see your skills soon. We should be on later tonight, I think. I added you to my friend list from the computer here, you should have the request in your inbox.

Love the av btw!

EDIT: COldfire it is awesome to have you back dude! Rusty was just asking about you the other day, you've been missed. :D

can't wait for work to be over! :x :wink:
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Fawst on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:13 pm

I'll hopefully be on tonight to play. My fiancee will be at work, so no Burnout for her ;) It just depends on if I can steal the TV away from my other two roommates. I need to get some GoW practice in.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:23 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Athena....ouch.... :cry:

why......WHYYYY!!!!!!

ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Hermanator X wrote:A friend of mine has 27,000 gamer points or so. Its insane! Mind you he has played a lot of shite to get there.

My tag is "hermanator x" if anyone wants to add.

Done!!!
Do you have Gears???

Coldfire24 wrote:Alright guys the semester has come to a close. I have finals in two weeks and not much till august. I will be having surgery on my knee right after my birthday in the beginning of may and will be unable to leave the house for a couple of weeks and then a month of rehad...which means..............

The summer of Xbox live! I will be on all the time this summer. I'm giddy with excitement.

Whoo hoo!!!
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:20 am

Don't you love those operations!!!! :-)

ANyone here with Burnout Revenge on 360? ANyone wanna race?

Only got it recently, so not amazing - but would love some sparing! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:43 am

silentbobafett wrote:Don't you love those operations!!!! :-)

ANyone here with Burnout Revenge on 360? ANyone wanna race?

Only got it recently, so not amazing - but would love some sparing! :-)

One of my favorites. Actually, I have both the regular Xbox and 360 versions. And I was ranked in the top 100 in both at one point. 73, and....I think 80-something. Pretty good for a world-wide ranking. Anyway, you're free to send me an invite if you happen to be online.

Right now im working on the "all roads discovered" achievement for Test Drive Unlimited. I will have probably accumulated 40 hours of gameplay by the time I finish that...Gotta get it done before Forza 2 though!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:53 am

Yeah dude, mayb we'll do some exploring together on TDU at some point as well.

Was lonely on GoW last night!

Maybe see you on Burnout some point over easter!?! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:05 am

Have you guys heard of the new GoW game type? Its called Annex and it will be king of the hill, and the hill will switch after a number of minutes, also there will be RESPAWNS! Things are gonna get crazy.

I also read about this game in which four people play co-op to escape from zombies (fast ones ala 28days) its called Dead4life or something like that. Anyway tons of zombies bunch of guns, no plot, and all online co-op. I think you guys would be the most fun to play it with :-)
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby tfactor on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:27 am

Lonelygearsofwarguy17 - Athena and I don't have burn out and we're neck deep in Marvel Ultimate Alliance right now but we should be playing some GOW later, I'll keep an eye open for you

Coldfire this is awesome and this is the first I'm hearing about it, so thanks! It souds pretty cook and free is right up my price range. Actually tbh I would pay right now for some more maps or weapons or anything really. Not that I have money burning a hole in my pocket or anything but I think its safe to say that if anything is released (as an add on to GOW) we will be getting it.

1up.com also has this about the coming updates but WHEN????? :x :wink:

BTW did you notice how almost every major video game site has some sort of detail about the Annex game type but not one word is mentioned on xbox.com? :roll: stupid microsoft

Also reminder: if you haven't signed up already go here for the GOW tournament

or go HERE if you want to see the leaderboards & rankings
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:31 am

tfactor wrote:Also reminder: if you haven't signed up already go here for the GOW tournament

or go HERE if you want to see the leaderboards & rankings

Hey Trevor, im at work so I cant check. When is that supposed to start?

silentbobafett wrote:Maybe see you on Burnout some point over easter!?!

Yea thats fine. Different parts of the world but I think we can make it work out.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:38 am

registration began March 9th - May 5th

Official play starts April 9th - May 5th but you have to register to be sent all the details. I'm pretty sure its going to be certain nights but only for a certain couple hours that they will be counting.

THAT WOULD BE THIS COMING MONDAY!! So get to registering if you haven't yet. What's cool is that it looks like its done by TOP score at the end of a match. So as long as you get the most kills, your score is registered
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:47 am

Thank you. I guess I could give it a shot. I keep considering it but I wont do much against those guys anyway. They're just too good.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:48 am

They are crazy. Are we all going to play in the same game or split up?
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby tfactor on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 am

I think we should try to coordinate efforts based on the specifications and details they give in the registration process.

We could all aim for a particular map and have other specified details worked out in advance. That way come time for the clocked hours we all know at least how to potentially find each other. With that said it will be pretty difficult as I imagine everyone on the planet will be playing during those recorded hours, so still worth a try right?

Anyway I'll go through it later and pull out the important details then we really should try to coordinate our efforts here. The timing could also play a major factor though too, so maybe having others in our little posse all signed into IM would help - just a thought
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby zombieslayer on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:58 pm

i'm ZomBslyr. that is all.

oh, and athena thinks I am funny also.
zombieslayer
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby wonkabar on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:15 am

Hey tfactor, have you played Marvel on LIVE yet?

"FANTASTIC!"

"AMAZING!"

Sorry, every time I think of that game I hear it.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby tfactor on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:15 am

no we haven't played "live" yet, how does that work? Is it that you co-op with other people. Athena and I do the co-op with each but I didn't set this game up for outsiders to be able to join.

However once we actually get through this I wouldn't mind going through it again on the harder difficulty level and I'll make sure I set that one up so others can join. Actually I would like to take a minute to look at what achievements we have left at that point too (for me and anyone else that will be joining us) to see if we can help each other get those missed achievements, you know?

With that said be warned, Athena and I cheat by boosting our stats in those mini-missions. We start the mission - kill everyone but the last guy and just let the time run out. It works like a charm; you keep the money and experience points you've earned but it also bumps all other characters stats also, so if you wanted to not jump in for that particular part - I would understand. We like it but I can see how that would be boring to others

k gotta get to work now
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:50 am

regarding the GEARS OF WAR TOURNAMENT...
This is what it says on the site:
xboxlive wrote:U.S. Tournament play will begin on or around 12:01 A.M. GMT April 9, 2007 (4:01 P.M. PT April 9, 2007), or whenever the Official Worldwide Gears of War Xbox Live Tournament overall leaderboard ("Warzone Leaderboard") is reset. The Warzone Leaderboard will rank Xbox Live Gears of War players from all over the world; not just the U.S. During the Tournament Period , Players will compete by playing Gears of War "Ranked Games" on Xbox Live as more fully described below. After the close of the Tournament Period, the Warzone Leaderboard will be recorded and the highest one-thousand (1000) ranking Players on the Warzone Leaderboard will be determined as more fully described below.

How to Play Ranked Games
During the Tournament Period, access Xbox Live from a Microsoft Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, insert the Gears of War game, and sign on to play Ranked Games. A minimum of six (6) Players must play in each game (i.e., 3 vs. 3 or 4 vs. 4). Only Ranked Games and individual scores will count in this U.S. Tournament and only such games/scores will be eligible for inclusion on the Warzone Leaderboard. No clans or team grouping will be allowed.

Game Settings
Xbox Live Gears of War Ranked Games shall have the following options available to the host:

Game type: Warzone
Selected map: Gridlock, Fuel Depot, Escalation, Mansion, Mausoleum, Rooftops, Tyro Station, War Machine, Canals, Clocktower, and the 2 DLC maps (can download for free)
Number of rounds: 1-19
Bleed-out duration: 5, 10, 20, 30, 60

But then it says to check here to keep tabs on the leader boards but there is nothing there?????? Did they mean for us to check here or what? Also I received no notice of the actual record times or anything so does anyone know anything else beyond what I posted here?

It looks like a "shut up and play" kind of situation but I wish I knew more.
Alright I gotta get back to work, I'm just curious if anyone else looked into this or has heard anything?
Thanks
T

EDIT: not that any of the recreational players in our little group have a chance in hell of winning this but I would still like to know.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby kid on an escalator on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:03 pm

At 4pm PST the Auto Update for GoW will finally be here. New game mode Annex and lots of bug fixes.

EDIT: Forgot the link
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:15 pm

Sooner then I expected it. Must be in direct relation to the resetting of everyone's rankings for the tourny. They dont normally release this stuff on a Monday. Anyway, im curious to see what they have fixed bug wise. I can think of no less then 4 game ruining bugs. And WickedWarrior knows/uses every single one of them, which drives me nuts.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Hmm, damage updating might be a good one. Emptying a full clip into someone and not getting a down out of it is pretty sad.

Much like ALF spray/visibile model damage with no scored hit in Counter Strike Source, I'm thinking that won't get fixed.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Fawst wrote:Hmm, damage updating might be a good one. Emptying a full clip into someone and not getting a down out of it is pretty sad.

Yea its hard to patch lag :P
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Is it really lag, though? I mean, if I unload on a guy and see nothing but blood shooting out of their chest, and they aren't moving (much)... that's just weak. I need to play it a lot more, but I have a few issues with it overall.

Not the least of which is getting booted to the game menu every time a match ends.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:16 pm

If you're not the host in Gears, then it is very difficult to land shots. Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. Eventually, you'll figure out ways to shoot next to them in order to land the hits. Try shooting in front of their running path. Other then that...its the same crap Halo 2 had with the shotty. You can be 1 foot away from them and still miss. I find it's easier to use the chainsaw and pistol then the shotgun and lancer because in the end, you do more damage with less shots using the pistol.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fawst on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:48 pm

Of the (to date) 10 or so kills I've gotten in GoW, I think 6 of them were chainsaw... Thanks for the tip about that. I'll have to try and unlearn my gaming ways and revert to the old Doom 2 with a 14.4 modem way of playing online :(

Ironically, I played Halo 2 for the first time in about 3 years over the weekend and was actually holding my own...
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:44 pm

Don't know if everyone is aware of this, but they are releasing 8 more characters (Hulk, Cyclops, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Venom... and a couple I don't remember) for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance!

wonkabar wrote:GAMER-TAGS

squarejawhero...Atomic

Emperor Prozak...all seeing eye

andy moogle...kid on an escalator

FLUFFER...Ricky Henderson

Goram Frackers...SilentBobaFett

HollywOOd BoB

athenabodicea

coldfire67

trevorfactor

moose4787

Godzilla Sushi

wonkabeer

NordlingAICN

P.S. Let me know if I got any of these wrong. I don't think caps matter (not sure) but I know spaces do.

(List subject to updates of course)

Also my Xbox Gamertag is D3ap00l
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:26 am

Fawst wrote:Is it really lag, though? I mean, if I unload on a guy and see nothing but blood shooting out of their chest, and they aren't moving (much)... that's just weak. I need to play it a lot more, but I have a few issues with it overall.

Not the least of which is getting booted to the game menu every time a match ends.

What you see on your screen isn't necessarily whats happening on everyone elses. The best way to see if you are going to get royally shafted on Gears is to look at the floor, start shooting and move the reticle in an arcing motion. If the bullets holes sorta trail behind the reticle instead of appearing instantly then you know you're going to get screwed. In that case though, you can still try and sticky tag or chainsaw people repeatedly.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby godzillasushi on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:57 am

How about that Annex gametype! It creates some very intense battles. That patch missed a couple of glitches I noticed last night. It also fixed the slide glitch. Oh and for whatever reason they made it so that if your running beside a wall, YOU WILL GET STUCK. I couldn't cut any corners last night running. If you thought it was frustrating before, just wait until your running for your life and when you turn that corner, you get stuck. Overall the new gametype is neat. Nice to have respawns. I dont know why they havn't created a deathmatch gametype using the same foundation with more respawn points. Like FFA style.

Anyway :roll: ....I'll be gettin you that invite soon Vegeta.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:40 am

Deadpool = D3adp00l ... I get it! Though I must say Deadpool is a pretty funny character and "Merc With A Mouth" could prove to be a tough name to live up too, especially when you're down 5-0 on a 6 round map. :D

That Annex setup was freaking awesome but it almost completely nuetralized the whole damn game. A team which I thought would kick ass ended up loosing in a shut out. It was weird but it was almost like individual skill had been pushed aside so that whatever team worked best together would win. The guys who used to just go running off solo, now needs to stay with the pack.

Overall it gets a big thumbs up from me, but I will still want to play Warzone occassionally tbh
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby mcjake on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:06 am

Update-

Cool: The "Dun!" chime in annex sounds like the "Dun, Dun!" from Law & Order, which personally makes me laugh.

Not Cool: Getting stuck to everything.

That's all for now.
mcjake
GLIB

Postby tfactor on Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:29 pm

Gears or War - A Team this was really funny and I loved the ending, genius!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:28 am

HALO 3 Beta May 16th just in time for my surgery recovery....Did you guys see the new multiplayer video? There will be equipment and to deploy you press the X button. Ex. Shield Bubble, trip mine, jump pad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbtKbtuX7fs
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:48 am

Not a big fan of Halo 1 and 2, bit to bright and cheery and "meh" (except for the story - which is cool) for me... BUT this does look good (although still so fucking bright! Look at those colorful suits its like Dumbledore Pride with guns!) but it does sound fgucking good!

Oh and the music to HALO RULES! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:05 am

The new multiplayer features shown didn't necessarily spark my interest. It looks like they are overcomplicating it. I know fans want stuff added to make it feel new, but that might be too much for me.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:05 am

Well I've always liked the brighter colors of Halo. I think thats one of the things that sets it apart in kind of a weird way. I mean capture the flag blood glutch was always so violent and had huge battles but it was so bright. Just a change of pace from most other shooters where you can barely see anything because of "atmosphere"
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby mcjake on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:12 am

If I may bring up the Gears movie. I think I remember trevor saying this but I don't know, it could have been a different conversation. But I think someone mentioned that a wrestler looked like Marcus? Well, I was flippin the ol' boob tube when wrestling showed up and I thought the same thing. As much as I would hate to have a wrestler be the lead character in a movie, but it's pretty similar.

Could this be Marcus, what is everyone's opinion and who do you think should be in it?
PS Sorry for the huge picture but I am lazy.
mcjake
GLIB

Postby athenabodicea on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:41 pm

He could definitely be Marcus....

If he can act that is...
God I hate wrestling... lol
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:42 pm

Wrestlers can't act.....they can't even do it when wrestling.

There is only one man for Marcus Phoenix in the movie adaption and that is.....

Give him the little goatee thingy, a bandana and a Lancer and you're ready to cook on gas.

Yes, he sucked in Blade Trinity; but the whole movie sucked. I think he's been great in Prison Break.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby mcjake on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:04 am

That actually looks a lot like DOM to me. hmmmm....
mcjake
GLIB

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:49 am

I'd say he's more Marcus...

My other choice for Marcus would be Mickey Rourke
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:09 am

i'd go with Jamie Kennedy for Marcus and Seth Green for Dom.

What? It'd be good! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:48 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Wrestlers can't act.....they can't even do it when wrestling.

There is only one man for Marcus Phoenix in the movie adaption and that is.....

Give him the little goatee thingy, a bandana and a Lancer and you're ready to cook on gas.

Yes, he sucked in Blade Trinity; but the whole movie sucked. I think he's been great in Prison Break.

YES!!!!

That was my choice for Marcus as well....

And btw we have a Gears of War movie thread here... ;)
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Who's gonna play Coldfire's dead body in the movie?
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:39 pm

Good one.

So I read the Gears of War article in Wikipedia and they have the back story of the game and reading it really helps the game make alot more sense haha.

Number one thing wrong about gears:

The never explain a damn thing
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby Fawst on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:54 pm

Yah, I just beat it yesterday. It's like trying to watch an episode of Lost where absolutely nothing is explained, but you also don't know how they got on the island, or who they are, or what they did... Yah.

Hopefully the inevitable sequel will give us some actual STORY this time. They tried, very hard, to infuse some sense of drama involving Marcus's backstory, his family... it all fell flat. Oh well. Still an absolutely gorgeous game to look at. And it's fun!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:58 pm

Yeah I would just look around and be like "WOW"....on a side note they were like we found this ball with the actual map of the tunnels and it comes from your old house so we're taking you there.....ok wtf

Finally,
The bomb is on a train that is near you but we already let the bad guys get all over it so you need to get on board randomly and kill them all?....

but it sure was pretty...
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:01 pm

Just in case neither of you know....at the start menu, if you don't press anything it has a little movie. It shows some backstory and stuff.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Ok guys confession time.....my HDTV fell off of my stand and broke.....

the good news is that its under warranty and they are sending me a new one. So if i'm playing its probably at a friends house. I probably won't be able to play at home until May 7th. I'll be in memphis playing after surgery then. 3 week xbox fest.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Games