Games you would like to see as movies.

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:47 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote: I want a Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers live action film,

Chip 'N Dale...?

Who the fuck wants a movie about male strippers...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby rserocki on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:14 pm

I'd be interested in seeing Suikoden done as a movie. Or, maybe I should say I'd be interested in the idea of it done as a movie. I wouldn't automatically be interested if it looked like it was going to be not fun.
rserocki
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Boll_KG on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:59 am

Ha ha! I know people who are fighting over rights to Gear of War as we speak.
Uve plays by no-one's rules but his own. You sink you know Uve?....sink again!
Boll_KG
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby LaDracul on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Legend of Zelda-I think I'd choose Mike Newell after seeing the last "H arry Potter"...The story itself is a balance of action, magic and romance.

I heard "Animal Crossing" is in development as an animated movie...
Last edited by LaDracul on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Dark Knight on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:43 pm

I would like to see Dead Rising as a film........what, there's a film called dawn of the dead?.........they both take place in a mall with zombies...........you mean.....no!
El Wray will find the missing reel, just watch...
Dark Knight
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Boll_KG on Wed May 02, 2007 10:08 pm

I have just bought de rights to a few classiks so expected sum good game movies.

My next projects vill be "Horace goes Skiing" followed by "Jet Set Villy". Both vill star Matt Damon and be huge successes.
Uve plays by no-one's rules but his own. You sink you know Uve?....sink again!
Boll_KG
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Coldfire24 on Thu May 03, 2007 4:11 am

Monopoly!
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby wonkabar on Fri May 11, 2007 4:28 pm

wonkabar wrote:
mistertim wrote:
sleepflower wrote:what was that amazing sci-fi game, i think it was on the c64 or more likely amiga. Damn, had two words i think... anyone have any guesses?

Zero Wing?

*awaits the deluge of 'all your base are belong to us' gags*...

:(

Actually, I REALLY WOULD like to see a Zero-Wing film
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:59 am

We were drifting off topic so I’m reposting here :D

MonkeyM666 wrote:
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:I wish more directors would act like the Wachowskis and take more of an active interest in videogame content (I'm not saying Enter the Matrix was a particularly good game, but I thought it was a cut above most movie games)

I agree with you there TITG. At least the W bros tried something different and new and the games were entertaining and different. I never played the Path of Neo but it looked nice, and the bullet time stuff looked pretty slick. I mean so many games have copied bullet-time now... even god of war (a personal favourite).

Just on a side note... how long do we think it'll be before Kratos gets his own movie?? I hope soon... :D I love that game.

tapehead wrote:Kratos - I don't think it would get optioned - it's all vaguely based on Roman and Greek Mythology, but you might be right.

There have been other flicks with that kinds stuff, and the mythology is different enough IMHO to get away with it. I remember reading something ages ago that was in this light. The creators of the game really put their own flavour into the story. The design is fantastic and it already looks, and is told in a very cinematic way.

Personally I would like to see it as a CG film, the in game stuff looks very distinctive and unless they went down the road of 300 I just don’t know how well it would be formed in reality.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:15 am

Perhaps you're right, although I don't really see the angle - this is (spoilers for Gods of War II) interesting:

http://tinyurl.com/3de4wz
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:46 am

Resident evil... think of how brilliant those films could have been in the right hands...

A resident evil 4 film would have rocked... It's not going to happen though... or at least i hope it doesn't if it holds all the same values as the other ones...

I would like to see a bionic commando film though...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:50 am

Jet Set Willy.....:lol:

Synopsis: A man's wife tell him he has to clean the house before going to bed. It's an hour and a half action fest with Jet Li and Jackie Chan type stuns through a rather large mansion....maybe Hamtpon Court or something.

Of course...taking a short cut through 'The Banyan Tree' would be the hardest to film....timing wise. Hahah!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Zarles on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 am

No One Lives Forever! It's a '60s-style spy game where you play super-hot super-spy Cate Archer. Lots of cool missions, a funky Moonraker-like vibe throughout, good stuff. They'd need to get someone really hot to play Cate Archer, though.

Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:01 am

Oh yeah, I've seen that...so the movie would be basically like Austen Powers without the jokes right?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:03 am

Pixar's Worms?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:03 am

Yea, and it was 100% crappier then Austin Powers too.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:05 am

TonyWilson wrote:Pixar's Worms?

That could be interesting...

A bit violent maybe, so it'll get banned but I like it.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:21 am

I just realised something....this is the most successful thing Uwe has done.

Start a thread.

:lol:
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Zarles on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:47 pm

MonkeyM666 wrote:Oh yeah, I've seen that...so the movie would be basically like Austen Powers without the jokes right?

Couldn't be any worse than the last one was. No, I'm picturing a more serious '60s spy flick, but with a female lead. The kitsch and the in-jokes would be there, but not so damn silly as the AP movies. You know, like The Avengers, but done well. ;)
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:00 pm

Carmageddon needs to be made into a movie.
they could go the safe route & make the people that get run over zombies, or, they could do it like Death Proof should have been.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Maui on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Blip & Blop
Maui
WoWie

Games you would like to see as movies.

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: ‘Castlevania’ Animated Series

Postby TheButcher on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:14 am

Super Violent ‘Castlevania’ Animated Series Coming from Producer Adi Shankar
DAVE TRUMBORE wrote:We’ve been hearing rumblings of a Castlevania animated series in the works for a few months now, but didn’t have much to go on other than whispers emanating from torch-lit corridors. Now, however, after seeing producer Adi Shankar make mention of a Castlevania project over social media, our own Steve Weintraub reached out to him to see just what was up his armored sleeve. It seems that Shankar himself will be bringing the Belmont family (back) to life as a “hard-hitting anime” style animated series.

Question: How did the project come about?

Adi Shankar: In a meeting with Kevin Kolde … he’s a really awesome dude. Frederator and Kevin acquired the rights a few years ago.

First of all, the fact that the independent animation studio Frederator is involved with the production such give this project a huge amount of credibility. This is the same team that’s behind smash hits such as Adventure Time and The Fairly OddParents. Secondly, it’s great to hear that they’ve acquired the adaptation rights to the Konami game since that will presumably allow them to put their own spin on the series without too much interference from outside.
What are you basing the story on?

Shankar: Castlevania III.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: “TETRIS”

Postby TheButcher on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:35 am

Wolfpack wrote:Tetris as a movie - sounds tight. Of course, everyone can plainly see that it is a thinly veiled Communist allegory meant to indoctrinate our nation's fine, democratic youth. Think about it- all pieces must fit in to one cohesive whole, or the entire thing eventually collapses on you. Plus, it was designed by a Russian. During the Cold War. Mmmm hmmm!

colonel_lugz wrote:There was actually a documentary filmed about the man that made tetris, and the struggle over who had the right with a backdrop of america vs russia. I only ever saw a long promo of it, I never had digital at the time, think it was on BBC 4. Would love to get a chance to watch it now.

Seppuku wrote:Wow...it just occurred to me that Tetris was invented by a Russian. And it's about little blocks meshing together as one big hole.

Far out man.

{EXCLUSIVE} BRETT RATNER’S RATPAC ENTERTAINMENT DEVELOPING “TETRIS” ORIGIN STORY
〉 In the vein of The Social Network, RatPac is developing the origin story of Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov.
Josh Lyons wrote:Here’s a bit of news that fits perfectly: Brett Ratner and James Packer are developing a biopic based on the life of Alexey Pajitnov, the Russian video game designer and computer engineer who created the iconic video game Tetris in their currently UNTITLED TETRIS PROJECT. Ratner and Packer are producing through their RatPac Entertainment.

In the vein of The Social Network, the story details the career of Pajitnov, who first developed Tetris with the help of Dmitry Pavlovsky and Vadim Gerasimov in 1984 in the communist-run USSR. Pajitnov was working for a Soviet-funded research and development center in Moscow when he developed the first version of the puzzle game, which began to spread throughout the region–initially exchanged between computer programmers.

As Tetris grew in popularity, being upgraded and adapted for various gaming devices and systems, the rights to the game became the crux of multiple complicated legal battles that spanned across the globe. The battles became so heated, in fact, that they threatened to destabilize relationships between governments. Following a controversial court ruling, Nintendo gained the legal right to sell the game, and as a result, Tetris was sold with every Game Boy console in America. Pajitnov, who moved to America in 1991, did not see a dime for his creation until 1996.

That same year, GameSpot named Pajitnov the fourth most influential computer game developer of all time, while IGN later cited him as “the ultimate video game one-hit wonder.” He went on to develop games for Microsoft.

Between the success of The Social Network and the remarkable–and still untold–true history of Tetris’s origins, there’s certainly a market for a film like this. The game has instant name recognition even with non-game enthusiasts. Not to mention the current geo-political situation between Russia and the West, which makes the story all the more timely.

Tetris isn’t the only iconic game that’s getting an origin story film. Big Beach Films recently announced it was developing The Monopolists, which recounts the scandalous story of the Parker Brothers, who became household names for their board game Monopoly–which they may or may not have stolen.

Producers are currently looking for a screenwriter to adapt the Tetris story for the screen.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Games you would like to see as movies.

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Maybe they'll repurpose the song "It's Hip to Be Square."
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Re: ‘Castlevania’ Animated Series

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 25, 2017 1:55 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Maui on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Be interesting to see if someone could pull off a Skyrim movie.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:07 am

Borderlands, it would be accused of being a Road Warrior rip-off.....which would be a little bit true, but the futuristic aspects of the setting like the tech/weaponry and interplanetary travel make it something all its own. in the wrong hands it would be a mess and just another bad movie, but in the right hands it could be Pitch Black crossed with The Raid. i'd have Besson direct

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:44 am

Solitaire.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 am

har dee har har :)

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Peven wrote:har dee har har :)

It's entirely possible, if the producers play their cards right.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Wolfpack wrote:
Peven wrote:har dee har har :)

It's entirely possible, if the producers play their cards right.

that is two thirds of a pun, P U :-P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:49 pm

Wolfpack wrote:Solitaire.

i can see it as a double-feature with Minesweeper.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:24 am

Maui wrote:Be interesting to see if someone could pull off a Skyrim movie.

Did Skyrim have a dcent story?

I was so distracted by a bazillion sidequests that I lost interest in the game before I could pusue the mainquest much
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Video Game Galaga Being Developed Into Animated Series
Another 8-bit adaptation looms as Galaga makes its way from arcade screen to animated series from production company The Nuttery Entertainment.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Games