Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:44 am

Have you guys heard about the wonderful PR guy for the Avenger controller?

It's a hilarious series of events that's worth a read.
Then watch this:

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I had seen some stuff about Ocean Marketing on Twitter. Didn't know what it was all about. That's hilarious.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:14 pm

I read the stuff on PA, man I feel like missed something fantastic as it snowballed.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Re: Ninja Gaiden III

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:34 am

"Ninja Gaiden 3" Collector's Edition Gives Lots of Bang for your Buck
Nate Ming wrote:Oh, how nice of you, Team Ninja. How did you know that I wanted a Limited Edition for Ninja Gaiden 3, so I have another cartoonishly huge box to throw into my closet and even more stuff to decorate my desk with?

Or maybe Team Ninja just wanted to give more to fans than a cruel and hilarious-looking multiplayer mode, as the Ninja Gaiden 3 Limited Edition comes with quite a bit more than just the now-standard artbook and soundtrack combination.

Pick up the Limited Edition and you'll get a copy of the game for your (HD) system of choice, an official soundtrack, the Unmask artbook, a figurine showcasing Ryu dueling with the freaky Regent of the Mask, and a code for the Dead or Alive 5 demo with four available characters.

Not too shabby! What do you think? Are you going to be picking up the LE so you have some extra goodies before diving headlong into Ryu's newest, morality-driven tale of bloody ninja revenge?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:39 pm

This video is just a tech demo by the Heavy Rain developers.
I would like to see this movie.

She looks like Julianne Nicholson.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:06 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:56 am

"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:26 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 am

Another Del Toro project to be shelved? Shocking....not.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm

I found this thing on the history of cancelled Star Fox games pretty interesting.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Nintendo Power, RIP.

The news being reported on IGN is kind of apropos, considering that IGN probably had a hand in the magazine's demise.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Spandau Belly on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:21 pm

This looks cute.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:56 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Man hires in-game assassins to discourage son from playing game

Yikes. Kick him out of the fucking house pops if it bothers you that much.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Disney closes LucasArts

First they kill Clone Wars, now the House of Threpwood. Fuck you, Disney. Fuck you very much.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:26 am

In light of Disney's Order 66......
Star Wars 1313 Might Be Saved
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Ouya

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:31 pm

ExecuTech: New Devices Keeping Executives Plugged In and Turned On
Marc Graser wrote:New console Ouya hits retailers including Amazon, Target, Best Buy in June

Ouya: New Kid in the Console Game ($99)

Fully funded by gamers on Kickstarter last year, the first significant console not built by Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo was shipped to more than 46,000 backers March 28 (it hits retailers like Amazon, Target and Best Buy in June).

The cube-shaped device also is notable as the first gaming platform powered by Google’s open-sourced Android software, which drives a majority of the world’s smartphones and tablets, and is essentially aimed at boosting the profile of independent gamemakers by giving that community a popular new device on which to distribute its creations.

Ouya already has its fans, with more than 63,000 supporters raising $8.5 million; its founders were seeking just $950,000. It also has more than 539 developers submitting new titles like Visorman and the follow up from “Words With Friends” creator Paul Bettner to Ouya’s digital store, key to keeping the console humming along.

But the little cube is also being eyed as another platform for video anywhere it’s placed, which will provide Hollywood with yet another outlet for its content. Ouya’s founders are negotiating app deals with streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and YouTube. It already has deals with TuneIn and media center software maker XBMC, along with streaming videogame service OnLive.

The company plans to release a new Ouya each year, taking a page from the mobile phone market as a way to take advantage of faster processors and other tech developments. Games will be easily transferred to each device, eliminating upgrade headaches.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Tue May 07, 2013 1:20 am

ELECTRONIC ARTS SELECTED FOR MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT FOR THE FUTURE OF STAR WARS GAMING

They shut down LucasArts..... for this?!?!?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EA?!?!?

The games will be mediocre at best. They will require a ton of dowloadable content to fully complete the story. And the worst part, they'll sell a shitload of them and make a ton of money.... justifying their every step in the process.

Princess Leia wrote:If money is all that you love, then that's what you'll receive!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 am

Fievel wrote:ELECTRONIC ARTS SELECTED FOR MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT FOR THE FUTURE OF STAR WARS GAMING

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EA?!?!?

The games will be mediocre at best. They will require a ton of dowloadable content to fully complete the story. And the worst part, they'll sell a shitload of them and make a ton of money.... justifying their every step in the process.

Princess Leia wrote:If money is all that you love, then that's what you'll receive!

What's even worse is, judging by all their latest performances, it'll be buggy as hell, always be online and have to use their shitty Origin.

It's a collosal clusterfuck - for them.

When's the last time a film tie in came out with the film that was actually good? They couldn't even do Star Trek right, universally reviewed as shit.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: Star Wars & EA

Postby TheButcher on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:44 am

Wolfpack wrote:Disney closes LucasArts

First they kill Clone Wars, now the House of Threpwood. Fuck you, Disney. Fuck you very much.

Fievel wrote:In light of Disney's Order 66......
Star Wars 1313 Might Be Saved

papalazeru wrote:
Fievel wrote:ELECTRONIC ARTS SELECTED FOR MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT FOR THE FUTURE OF STAR WARS GAMING

EA?!?!?

What's even worse is, judging by all their latest performances, it'll be buggy as hell, always be online and have to use their shitty Origin.

It's a collosal clusterfuck - for them.

When's the last time a film tie in came out with the film that was actually good? They couldn't even do Star Trek right, universally reviewed as shit.

New 'Star Wars' Games Will Make 'Peoples' Jaws Drop,' Says EA Exec
The upcoming "Star Wars: Battlefront" needs to reinvent the franchise within the video game world, according to EA's Patrick Soderlund.
Graeme McMillan wrote:It's not just in movies and television projects that Star Wars is getting a makeover following Disney's buyout of Lucasfilm; the video game side of things is undergoing an upgrade too, with EA aiming to give the franchise the same kind of treatment that livened up the console life of a certain Caped Crusader.

"The most important thing for me is that we take the Star Wars license and come up with games where peoples' jaws drop," EA's Patrick Soderlund told gaming site Polygon. "We need to do with this what [Arkham Asylum] did for the Batman license."

For those unfamiliar with the reference, describing the 2009 Arkham Asylum as "critically acclaimed" would be an understatement; applauded not only for its gameplay, but also its writing and voice acting, the game received numerous awards and accolades, being named one of the games of the year by multiple outlets including Time, Wired, The A.V. Club and many others.

Pushing Star Wars gaming to this level doesn't mean an abandonment of everything that went before, however. Soderlund said that EA "didn't toss anything out" when it came to development work done on earlier games, including the never-released Star Wars: 1313 and Star Wars: First Assault, adding "We're looking at the old games. We have access to everything that was done during the LucasArts era. But we do want to take our own stance."

Star Wars: Battlefront, EA's first game under the new agreement, is "going to take awhile" to get to release, according to Soderlund. But it sounds like it might be worth the wait.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:05 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:27 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:54 am

Capcom is up for sale.

Its shareholders have pulled rank after years of being disappointed with the company's performance. Nobody knows how this will pan out, but Capcom has a wealth of well-loved characters and game series, many of which have been sitting on the shelf for years seemingly without Capcom having any interest in putting them to use. It wouldn't surprise me if other companies see potential in those IP's and acquire them. Nintendo formally acquiring Megaman seems pretty natural. The idea that Sony or Microsoft could buy out big series like Resident Evil and Street Fighter to make them console exclusives is a possibility.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:38 am

Spandau Belly wrote:Capcom is up for sale.

Its shareholders have pulled rank after years of being disappointed with the company's performance. Nobody knows how this will pan out, but Capcom has a wealth of well-loved characters and game series, many of which have been sitting on the shelf for years seemingly without Capcom having any interest in putting them to use. It wouldn't surprise me if other companies see potential in those IP's and acquire them. Nintendo formally acquiring Megaman seems pretty natural. The idea that Sony or Microsoft could buy out big series like Resident Evil and Street Fighter to make them console exclusives is a possibility.

Disney might buy them and create their own video game system.
Bionic Commando and Ghosts 'n Goblins
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:24 am

There have been so few Megaman games. They should create more.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:01 pm

TheButcher wrote:Disney might buy them and create their own video game system.

It wouldn't surprise me if Disney got in the console business. They've already got one foot in with this Disney Infinity stuff, which all my friends' kids love. Now that they've got Star Wars, they could make all Star Wars games system exclusives for their console. They're in a pretty good position to get a fair share of the market, probably better than Nintendo these days.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:20 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Grand Theft Auto V. I honestly don't get the love for this series at this point, but what do I know, I still buy Call of Duty every November. :oops:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Game of Thrones game trailer

Looks downright putrid. Storywise it might have been interesting, but its shockingly poor graphics will keep me away.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:29 pm

It's by the same people that made the two Walking Dead games, so they've got my money.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Fievel wrote:It's by the same people that made the two Walking Dead games, so they've got my money.

Really? I would have thought with such a hot property (GoT), getting some of the talent for the show on board, etc that they would have done a better job of the graphics, which look 10 years old to me. Then again, I only play one game at this point in my life, and Call of Duty has some ass kicking graphics, so maybe I'm just a bit spoiled?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:28 pm

so sorry wrote:Then again, I only play one game at this point in my life, and Call of Duty has some ass kicking graphics, so maybe I'm just a bit spoiled?

Yes you are. I remember the days when a cactus looked like this

Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Fievel on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Al Shut wrote:
so sorry wrote:Then again, I only play one game at this point in my life, and Call of Duty has some ass kicking graphics, so maybe I'm just a bit spoiled?

Yes you are. I remember the days when a cactus looked like this

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How true!!

The Walking Dead games look like they tried for more of a cartoon or motion comic approach. This game looks like they tried for more realistic characters to fit the actors' likeness. I think that is what makes it look bad/outdated. I couldn't stand the Walking Dead graphics for a while when I played it, but then I got so lost in the story that I didn't even notice/care. I hope this game has the same effect.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:00 am

GODZILLA The Game - Reveal Trailer
COMPLETE & UTTER DESTRUCTION
Godzilla, the King of the Monsters, first appeared in 1954. Scientists studied Godzilla and found that they could harness energy from the monster. Called “G-Energy,” this seemingly endless source of power was used to better the lives of all mankind. 60 years later, just when mankind’s memory of the beast faded, Godzilla appeared again. Godzilla destroyed at will, all in search of more G-Energy. Such irony, the same G-Energy which was used to better the people’s lives, also caused Godzilla to awaken. Can the G-Force, mankind’s last hope, stop Godzilla? What fait awaits Godzilla once he has consumed all of the G-Energy, and grown to his full potential?

Bash your way through over 20 stages of mayhem. Explore Mission Mode, Diorama Mode, and King of Monsters Mode! Collect G-Energy in each stage to Power-Up your Godzilla up to 100 Meters tall! Your offensive and defensive prowess will increase with your size.

Godzilla will be available on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 Game Systems in Summer 2015!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Ummm, pretty badass. All I play is Call of Duty at this point in my life, but this...this intrigues me.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:30 pm

I really liked the previous Battlefront games and I'll definitely be picking this one up.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Peven on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:53 pm

wow. looks great, this is the game that is going to push me to finally upgrade to an XBoxOne

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Peven wrote:wow. looks great, this is the game that is going to push me to finally upgrade to an XBoxOne

Had the same thoughts for the PS4
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue May 12, 2015 10:52 am

Happy 10th anniversary to Leeeeeerooooooy Jenkins!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:59 am

so sorry wrote:

Ummm, pretty badass. All I play is Call of Duty at this point in my life, but this...this intrigues me.

Fighter squadron mode preview.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Maui on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:08 pm

Can't wait! June 28/2016. I don't know what I enjoy more, the game play or the cut scenes. Lego humour is superb!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Maui wrote:

Can't wait! June 28/2016. I don't know what I enjoy more, the game play or the cut scenes. Lego humour is superb!

So.
Much.
Test!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:02 pm

io9:
Oliver Stone Warns that Pokémon Go Could Lead to Totalitarianism
Sophie Kleeman wrote:Director Oliver Stone shook his fist at all those darned Pokémon Go players today, calling the game “a new level of invasion” and warning that it could lead us down a slippery slope to totalitarianism.

The diatribe, which occurred at Comic-Con during a panel discussion for Stone’s new film Snowden, is vaguely reminiscent of conversations with an older, slightly batty uncle. “It’s not funny,” Stone said, according to the Los Angeles Times. He then asserted that the game is simply the latest form of “surveillance capitalism.” Oh, Oliver.

“You’ll see a new form of frankly a robot society,” he continued. “It’s what they call totalitarianism.”

To be fair, the comments didn’t come entirely out of left field—Snowden, after all, is a film about surveillance and the creeping power and presence of shadowy government bodies. But the level of 1984-like paranoia here is quite impressive.

Then again, the NSA reportedly banned Furbies back when they came out, so perhaps Stone got confused and thinks it’s 1999.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Lee Harvey Oswald didn't act alone. there was a Bulbasaur on the grassy knoll.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 am

BBC:
Hideo Kojima says games and films will merge together

Guillermo del Toro has a simple message:
‘Fuck Konami’
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Capcom Releasing Classic Arcade Games For Smartphones
1942 Mobile
This vertically scrolling shoot ’em up tasks players with battling through the entire enemy fleet.
Shoot down enemy planes, avoid enemy fire and perform rolls and loops to avoid certain death in this epic retro nail-biter.

Ghosts‘N Goblins™Mobile
Return to the days of yesteryear in this famously difficult action-platformer.
As Sir Arthur, you must battle against demons and undead in order to rescue the princess Prin-Prin.

Ghouls’N Ghosts™ Mobile
Better, bigger and more beloved, this legendary side scrolling platformer pick up where Ghost ‘n Goblins ends.

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando Mobile
Armed with a sub-machine gun and a limited supply hand grenades, players battle through legions of enemy troops in this classic vertical scrolling shooter.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:00 pm

TheButcher wrote:Capcom Releasing Classic Arcade Games For Smartphones
1942 Mobile
This vertically scrolling shoot ’em up tasks players with battling through the entire enemy fleet.
Shoot down enemy planes, avoid enemy fire and perform rolls and loops to avoid certain death in this epic retro nail-biter.

Ah man I loved 1942 (and the other space-based versions of the same gaming platform). Mike be a nice game on an ipad, but I think it would be too tiny on a smartphone.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Maui on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Francis Ford wants to bring Apocalypse Now to the gaming community.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/14/14609304/apocalypse-now-game-kickstarter-cancelled

It will be interesting to see where this goes and how well it's received.
Maui
WoWie

PreviousNext

Return to Games