Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:53 am

papalazeru wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:SEGA to make another console?

If it's anything like the Dreamcast was in it's time...I'm up for it.

The Dreamcast was leaps and bounds ahead of anything at that time.

Sega got really screwed in the last console war they were in. I have no idea how they think they're going to break in this time...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Peven on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 am

Pacino86845 wrote:
papalazeru wrote:

Sega got really screwed in the last console war they were in. I have no idea how they think they're going to break in this time...

which is a shame because they made the best consoles......only reason playstation beat them out was title availability

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:28 am

Pacino86845 wrote:
papalazeru wrote:

Sega have a habit of screwing everyone else though. See if you can see a pattern...

They killed of the Mastersystem.
They launched the Mega CD & 32X as add ons, then killed the 32X because they were making Saturn.
We told Sega to fuck off with the saturn.
They killed the Dreamcast in favour of being a 3rd party dev., even though the dreamcast had the strongest library of games since the NES.
They're making a new console (even though they have a section on the Wii store, fucking 20 or so compilations flying about, they've launched a classic games range on steam, they've just announced the Dreamcast marketplace on XBLA & launch titles for Kinect...)
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:36 am

Do any of you know what the deal is with these add-on mo-cap toy thingies for XBox and PS?

The XBox one is called Kinnect and I think the PS one is just called Eye. It's obviously a stab at Wii's turf and could possibly blow Nintendo out of the water by now offering gamers the dinky simple family-friendly party games as well their existing market of more/overly complex games aimed at teens and up.

I'm waiting to hear the reviews on how well this thing works, but I will likely be spazzdancing infront of this thing come Christmas time. I love goofy dance games.

What surprises me is that they're not rolling out a new system already. I figured it was about that time. I guess the economy is bad and they figured that they can't wring the huge bucks out of people for at least another year and this just a way to still make some good money in the meantime.

The Xbox 360 is the first system I've owned since my SuperNintendo and I really like it. I prefer to add a toy to it than to buy a whole new system.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:11 pm

The PS3 thing is called Move and is a PS3 version of what Nintendo did. The XBox Kinnect is a camera-based thing.
At E3 I guess the XBox thing was glitchy. Both the PS3 and XBox things are going to push the family/party games hard to start, but I believe both are working hardcore games into the mix as well.

All I know is that I'm not looking to pick it up. I likes my controller just fine.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 pm

If you already have a 360, then adding the Kinect or buying a Wii makes sense. Kinect will be $150 for the system. Wii is $200.

Kinect uses two cameras and a microphone to track your movements and some software captures the images and decides how that effects the Kinect game. So you'll have minority report style dashboard and account recognition just by walking in the room and waving at your 360.

The fitness game seemed awesome, but a lot of what they show seems more party/gimmick orientated. They promise you can use your controller and sit down for some game to track eye/head movement and things like hand signals, but nothing like that was shown at E3 so it remains to be seen.

Right now it seems it's a controllerless Wii both in content and in how it reads movement (except in the fitness and dance games)

Honestly if you don't have a Wii, it might be better to spend the little extra and just get that.

At least until more is released on Kinect.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:16 pm

"we told Sega to fuck off with Saturn".....bwahahahahahahahaha, yeah right, you and Barney and the Muppet babies.....

the Saturn was a great fucking system....for anyone old enough to really play it

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 pm

King Psyz wrote:If you already have a 360, then adding the Kinect or buying a Wii makes sense. Kinect will be $150 for the system. Wii is $200.

Kinect uses two cameras and a microphone to track your movements and some software captures the images and decides how that effects the Kinect game. So you'll have minority report style dashboard and account recognition just by walking in the room and waving at your 360.

The fitness game seemed awesome, but a lot of what they show seems more party/gimmick orientated. They promise you can use your controller and sit down for some game to track eye/head movement and things like hand signals, but nothing like that was shown at E3 so it remains to be seen.

Right now it seems it's a controllerless Wii both in content and in how it reads movement (except in the fitness and dance games)

Honestly if you don't have a Wii, it might be better to spend the little extra and just get that.

and as a sign of how bad Microsoft can be with add-ons...they are just now finally offering the 360 with built in wi-fi.....i still wouldn't buy anything from Sony, though, i hate those guys.....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Peven wrote:"we told Sega to fuck off with Saturn".....bwahahahahahahahaha, yeah right, you and Barney and the Muppet babies.....

the Saturn was a great fucking system....for anyone old enough to really play it

I dreamed of owning a Saturn when that sucker came out. Alas, I could only afford the Super NES. :oops:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Peven wrote:
King Psyz wrote:If you already have a 360, then adding the Kinect or buying a Wii makes sense. Kinect will be $150 for the system. Wii is $200.

and as a sign of how bad Microsoft can be with add-ons...they are just now finally offering the 360 with built in wi-fi.....i still wouldn't buy anything from Sony, though, i hate those guys.....

Too bad, the PS3 is the most rock solid CE product I have ever bought.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Peven wrote:

Still can't get over World War II, can you? :D
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Peven wrote:"we told Sega to fuck off with Saturn".....bwahahahahahahahaha, yeah right, you and Barney and the Muppet babies.....

No, peven. It was great for 2D shooters/fighters & rubbish at just about everything else.

PlayStation – 102.49 million
Nintendo 64 – 32.93 million
Sega Saturn – 9.5 million

The world told sega to fuck off.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:34 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:

No, peven. It was great for 2D shooters/fighters & rubbish at just about everything else.

After CDX/32X do you blame them?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:52 pm

King Psyz wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:

After CDX/32X do you blame them?

Considering i originally posted...

Sega have a habit of screwing everyone else though. See if you can see a pattern...

They killed of the Mastersystem.
They launched the Mega CD & 32X as add ons, then killed the 32X because they were making Saturn.
We told Sega to fuck off with the saturn.
They killed the Dreamcast in favour of being a 3rd party dev., even though the dreamcast had the strongest library of games since the NES.
They're making a new console (even though they have a section on the Wii store, fucking 20 or so compilations flying about, they've launched a classic games range on steam, they've just announced the Dreamcast marketplace on XBLA & launch titles for Kinect...)

no
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Sales figures don't always tell the true story though. The Dreamcast didn't sell particularly well but it was a really good system. The 3DO was too, just released at a time when 14 other consoles were being released.

...and how was anything supposed to compete with the Philips CDi ?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:22 pm

what about that atari system with the 100 button controller (with inserts for every game so that you know what each button did) that came out around the same time too.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:45 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:what about that atari system with the 100 button controller (with inserts for every game so that you know what each button did) that came out around the same time too.

Jaguar... *shivers*
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Sales figures don't always tell the true story though.

This statement holds true to the beginning of the console wars. The best first generation console as far as capabilities went was Colecovision, but the Atari 2600 had a firm grasp on the market. Colecovision even created and sold an expansion module that allowed Atari 2600 games on it.... but Atari still won out.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:32 pm

King Psyz wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:what about that atari system with the 100 button controller (with inserts for every game so that you know what each button did) that came out around the same time too.

Jaguar... *shivers*

Yeah! My neighbor had one of those things. I swear I played some sort of alien/predator game on it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:40 am

King Psyz wrote:
Peven wrote:

dude, you are a well established pro-Sony person, for whatever reason, and i hope it all works out for you...really.....but i have had my fair share of experience with Sony products and their total asshole approach to customer service.....i think southern plantation owners in the mid-1800's had more regard for the slaves they owned then Sony shows its consumers...at least American consumers......

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:08 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:

again, showing no real firsthand experience, you must be getting this from some dude who was huffing petrol while he played games during the 90's, because the Saturn's Tomb Raider was hands down better than the Playstation version. it also had superior controls, the general shape of which everybody copies now, curved to fit the hand better when Sony still had people wearing blisters in their palms with squared off edges on their Playstation controls. the reason why the Playstation won the head-to-head was available titles, plain and simple. Sony had a large library of title rights to various properties (due to their beatdown by VHS they knew from experience the better quality system doesn't always win, it is about the software) from aquisitions of companies like Columbia Pictures, and Sega.....did not. when people would look at the wall of games they saw that Playstation clearly had a bigger selection of games, some popular games that Sony smartly kept Sony-only, and that so Sega was outmaneuvered just like Sony had gotten burned when their superior Beta was beaten by an inferior VHS. history repeats...kind of

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:35 am

Peven wrote:again, showing no real firsthand experience, you must be getting this from some dude who was huffing petrol while he played games during the 90's, because the Saturn's Tomb Raider was hands down better than the Playstation version. it also had superior controls, the general shape of which everybody copies now, curved to fit the hand better when Sony still had people wearing blisters in their palms with squared off edges on their Playstation controls. the reason why the Playstation won the head-to-head was available titles, plain and simple. Sony had a large library of title rights to various properties (due to their beatdown by VHS they knew from experience the better quality system doesn't always win, it is about the software) from aquisitions of companies like Columbia Pictures, and Sega.....did not. when people would look at the wall of games they saw that Playstation clearly had a bigger selection of games, some popular games that Sony smartly kept Sony-only, and that so Sega was outmaneuvered just like Sony had gotten burned when their superior Beta was beaten by an inferior VHS. history repeats...kind of

One could say the same happened with the current generation of consoles between Microsoft and Sony, although Sony has made up a lot of ground in the past year (and with the superior technology*). Microsoft came out of the gate with the 360 a year before Sony's PS3 and they came out with titles left and right, including a bunch of MS exclusives. Now that Sony's PS3 is finally affordable, it's catching up. Add to that Sony's own exclusives and you have a genuine battle! What cracks me up about the current console war is not the exclusive titles that each side brag about, but rather the exclusive CONTENT to shared titles. One system has an exclusive map to Game A while the other system has the exclusive costumes for Game B. A big fat :roll: to both sides for that.

*Some would say superior, others (including developers) would say ridiculously proprietary.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 am

I think we all know Microsoft usually doesn't win at technology or inovation but they always win at business.

At the time of not owning a videogame console since the SuperNES, I chose XBox360 because it was cheaper and had more games (including a few I was really interested in: Crackdown and DOA).

I'd heard this and that about the difference in graphics and sound and despite never really seeing it myself, I will give Sony the benefit of the doubt that their system is better in those departments. But for me the difference was so neglegable it didn't matter. I care about fun in games, not whether they look absolutely perfect. I've loved lots of games that were among the less pretty of their time but were just more fun. For example: I greatly prefer Serious Sam, which looks kinda like garbage, over Doom 3, which looked and sounded amazing and bored me to death.

The only smart BUSINESS decision Sony made was making their machine a bluray player and making everybody know that and that it was cheaper to buy a PS than just a bluray player. I can't count the number of people who bought it solely for this reason. Their DVD player broke and they heard this bluray business was the future and figured they'd get a movieplayer and gaming machine for their kids in one go.

So you guys who prefer PS, I'm not saying you don't own a better machine than my XBox, but I feel I made the right choice for me at the time and have been very happy with it since.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 am

Peven wrote:again, showing no real firsthand experience, you must be getting this from some dude who was huffing petrol while he played games during the 90's, because the Saturn's Tomb Raider was hands down better than the Playstation version. it also had superior controls, the general shape of which everybody copies now, curved to fit the hand better when Sony still had people wearing blisters in their palms with squared off edges on their Playstation controls. the reason why the Playstation won the head-to-head was available titles, plain and simple. Sony had a large library of title rights to various properties (due to their beatdown by VHS they knew from experience the better quality system doesn't always win, it is about the software) from aquisitions of companies like Columbia Pictures, and Sega.....did not. when people would look at the wall of games they saw that Playstation clearly had a bigger selection of games, some popular games that Sony smartly kept Sony-only, and that so Sega was outmaneuvered just like Sony had gotten burned when their superior Beta was beaten by an inferior VHS. history repeats...kind of

Well i didn't need to show fist hand experience in order to prove that it wasn't just me who told sega to fuck off when they brought out the Saturn.

The Saturn's version of Tomb Raider had sub-par graphics, as did most 3D games on the machine, because the gfx chip drew squares instead of triangles.

The reason Sony had lots of titles was that their machine wasn't a complete pain to code for.
Virtua Fighter was Sega's big title & it was coded to use one cpu for the character on the left & the other for the right, but even with that, if you play Virtua Fighter on the 32X & then the Saturn, you'll find that the 32X version is the most playable (in terms of framerates, glitches, etc.) version, even though it had worse gfx (although they were good for the 32X).

I've said time & time again that the Saturn had the best controller of any system. The layout was perfect for 2D fighters (& the Saturn had tonnes), so at least we agree on something, kinda.
You're so right about everyone copying the design. Just look at the 360 controller, or the PS3, even the Dreamcast. Oh, wait, those are all 4 button layouts, sticking to the same shit nintendo introduced with the SNES.
Sorry, you said "overall shape", so Sega invented round edges?

Can we not just agree that it had some amazing 2d fighters & move on?

stereosforgeeks wrote:Yeah! My neighbor had one of those things. I swear I played some sort of alien/predator game on it.

King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:44 pm

yeah, i guess reading about something sure trumps actually fucking being there and experiencing it firsthand :roll: next you can read up on the 80's and then tell everyone who was actually alive then how it REALLY was.....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby travis-dane on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Sega Saturn was not coll enough to survive. Since The Mega Drive got destroyed by the S Nes, Sega was on a downward spiral.
The Dreamcast was a good enough Console, but it got destroyed by the PS 2.
No gamer kid took Sega serious and Sega was not able to get on the "cool" side again.
Game over.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:04 pm

The key battle definitely took place during the SNES/Genesis years, after that Sega just couldn't step up anymore.

I remember seeing a demo of that Alien vs Predator game for the Jaguar, I'd even played it for a few minutes and used to think a revolution in gaming was about to hit. Took a few more years for that to happen, and the Jaguar had disappeared pretty quickly in the mean time.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:The key battle definitely took place during the SNES/Genesis years, after that Sega just couldn't step up anymore.

I remember seeing a demo of that Alien vs Predator game for the Jaguar, I'd even played it for a few minutes and used to think a revolution in gaming was about to hit. Took a few more years for that to happen, and the Jaguar had disappeared pretty quickly in the mean time.

The Jaguar was just too expensive and didnt have the game support it needed.

It was definitely an impressive machine though.

NeoGeo and TurboGrafix never really got adopted either and they were technically impressive machines for their time as well. Though I think those did ok in JP.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Peven wrote:
King Psyz wrote:
Peven wrote:

dude, you are a well established pro-Sony person, for whatever reason, and i hope it all works out for you...really.....but i have had my fair share of experience with Sony products and their total asshole approach to customer service.....i think southern plantation owners in the mid-1800's had more regard for the slaves they owned then Sony shows its consumers...at least American consumers......

Well I guess for me I am happy with the PS series of consoles because I have never had to contact customer service...

Hence my rock solid statement. The house I live in now is dusty and full of dogs and smokers, yet my just after launch PS3 is still chugging along.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:04 pm

I don't think I've ever had to contact customer service about a games console...they tend to just work. I know a friend who's PS3 had that HDMI switching problem but that got solved.

The Saturn controller was just a development of the Mega Drive controller, it wasn't superior to anything and certainly hasn't set the standard for later controllers. Like the architypal 8-bit controllers, the current gamepads are evolutions of the Playstation shape and the N64's analog stick.

Another key reason that the Playstation "won" was also down to marketing. Before 1996, games consoles were largely targeted at children and family. Sony went for the adult market and the Playstation brand has always been marketed as a lifestyle accessory.

stereosforgeeks wrote:
King Psyz wrote:

Jaguar... *shivers*

Yeah! My neighbor had one of those things. I swear I played some sort of alien/predator game on it.

Alien vs Predator was about the only good game on it. I played Doom on it too, but that was a bit crap. The controller felt like you were holding large video cassette in your hands.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Peven wrote:yeah, i guess reading about something sure trumps actually fucking being there and experiencing it firsthand :roll: next you can read up on the 80's and then tell everyone who was actually alive then how it REALLY was.....

I've listed facts that disprove just about everything you've said about the Saturn, but you seem to think i've never played one, even though i've pointed out how good i thought the controller was for 2D fighting games & how great i thought those fighting games were. Short of posting luthor_wrong.gif, i'm not sure what else to reply with.

Getting back to actual gaming news....

This is what i'm facing just now. I've got a 360 & a Wii (no PS3 because GT5 still isn't out & money is tight) & while Nintendo's E3 translated to "yeah, we've got motion controls, but look at these fucking games we've got coming out", Microsoft's was the opposite.
Sony & MS spent too much time showing off something that was new for them, but old for everyone else.

Kinect is a little bit different because you're not holding anything, but that's just going to lead people like me holding a rolled up newspaper or a toilet roll holder when playing the Star Wars game.
It'd be funny, but probably not worth the £100+ in the long run.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:33 pm

What the fuck is going on here? GAMING IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED SITTING ON YOUR ASS WITH MINIMAL BODY MOVEMENTS, PREFERABLE WITH A BAG OF CHEETOS AND HIGHLY CAFFIENATED JUICE NEXT TO YOUR SIDE.

All this malarky about moving your body around for the game is fucking nuts.

/crotchety old man
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Indeed. We don't even have to blow the dust out of the cartridge slot any more.

Before it was called "Kinect", and they were first publicising Project Natal, Microsoft were demoing that creepy concept of walking into a room and virtual persona of the console seeing you and asking if you wanted to play a game - did any of that make it through from the prototype/design stage?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Microsoft were demoing that creepy concept of walking into a room and virtual persona of the console seeing you and asking if you wanted to play a game - did any of that make it through from the prototype/design stage?

The sooner we as a society can get to the point of having that robot that Paulie has in ROCKY 4, the better.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Indeed. We don't even have to blow the dust out of the cartridge slot any more.

Before it was called "Kinect", and they were first publicising Project Natal, Microsoft were demoing that creepy concept of walking into a room and virtual persona of the console seeing you and asking if you wanted to play a game - did any of that make it through from the prototype/design stage?

Milo was missing from E3. They had animals that you can interact with though, they had a girl petting a tiger & skipping with it.
You can tell the 360 to do X at any point & it'll recognise the instruction*, so you say "Xbox, rewind" when watching a video, rather than asking a little boy to play Dumbledore Tony or whatever.

*it'll be interesting to see how well it works with accents.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:23 pm

I was really hoping for more from the Kinect system, because that kind of innovation they promised is good for the industry and the consumer. What we got was an amalgum of the Wii and the PSEye with better resolution.

The fact that you have no controller is going to be too much of a disconnect for many. But the menu interaction is great.

After seeing this article on Move, I am convinced http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/06/how-developers-see-the-playstation-move/ it also looks like the PSEye can do Natal/Kinect type stuff with the Move controllers enhancing it.

After seeing hardcore games like Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 using Move there's a great chance this won't be shovelware central. Although a port of Epic Mickey to the PS3 is more than welcome...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:07 pm

The only game I'd want to try with the Kinnect is the game Kobe Bryant - Ass Up, Face Down. Although my hips might give twenty minutes into it.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Fievel wrote:The only game I'd want to try with the Kinnect is the game Kobe Bryant - Ass Up, Face Down. Although my hips might give twenty minutes into it.

Just clear the room of valuable lamps and vases beforehand so you don't end up donkeypunching them.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 pm

As KP says above, having no controller could be too much of a leap - but at least Kinect is actually an attempt to make advances and do something different.

Playstation Move is clearly just a Sony copy of the Wii controllers and I would think anyone who wants that type of interface would have already bought a Wii. It seems like they're aiming at a market already catered for.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Fried Gold wrote:As KP says above, having no controller could be too much of a leap - but at least Kinect is actually an attempt to make advances and do something different.

Playstation Move is clearly just a Sony copy of the Wii controllers and I would think anyone who wants that type of interface would have already bought a Wii. It seems like they're aiming at a market already catered for.

The Move is a bit more, it's basically a Wii and Kinect. If you check out that link they show the dev tools where the Eye will do body detection and map a framework (or character graphics) to you using the move globes to help give it Z axis info and for button inputs.

I loved the shit out of RE:4 for the Wii, so I am looking forward to games like SOCOM4 and Killzone 3, and picking up RE:5 in the bargin bin (they're adding a move firmware update)
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:
Fievel wrote:The only game I'd want to try with the Kinnect is the game Kobe Bryant - Ass Up, Face Down. Although my hips might give twenty minutes into it.

Just clear the room of valuable lamps and vases beforehand so you don't end up donkeypunching them.

If you leave them, you get to play Castlevania in your living room & something else on the tv.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Fievel on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:

but you GOTTA donkeypunch SOMETHING when playing KBAUFD!! Otherwise you don't get to access the bonus costumes/uniforms!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 am

cvg wrote:Fable creator Peter Molyneux has said that Sony's upcoming Move controller for PS3 and Nintendo's Wii motion controls "kind of seem the same".

"I find it hard in my mind to differentiate between the Sony Move and the Wii," he told Ugo. "They seem very similar in their scope. I know Sony and Nintendo would argue that they are different, but they kind of seem the same," he added.

"They enable certain sorts of experiences, and they are analogous to Kinect. And this is not me talking as a Microsoft employee, this is me talking as a designer, but I have to take my hat off to Microsoft.

Predictably, he goes on to praise Microsoft for Kinect: "They really did go one step beyond what they needed to do. It would be very easy for them to have created something like the Wii, but instead they did go that extra mile and they said, 'No, we're going to make that huge step.'

Kinect is out on November 4. So where are all the triple-A Kinect games, you ask? "I think the real benefits are going to be shown in the next wave of titles that come out," said Molyneux.

How many of you are saving your cash for those games, then?

It also works if you change "move" for "kinect".
Eye Toy, anyone?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:27 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:
cvg wrote:Fable creator Peter Molyneux has said that Sony's upcoming Move controller for PS3 and Nintendo's Wii motion controls "kind of seem the same".

"I find it hard in my mind to differentiate between the Sony Move and the Wii," he told Ugo. "They seem very similar in their scope. I know Sony and Nintendo would argue that they are different, but they kind of seem the same," he added.

"They enable certain sorts of experiences, and they are analogous to Kinect. And this is not me talking as a Microsoft employee, this is me talking as a designer, but I have to take my hat off to Microsoft.

Predictably, he goes on to praise Microsoft for Kinect: "They really did go one step beyond what they needed to do. It would be very easy for them to have created something like the Wii, but instead they did go that extra mile and they said, 'No, we're going to make that huge step.'

Kinect is out on November 4. So where are all the triple-A Kinect games, you ask? "I think the real benefits are going to be shown in the next wave of titles that come out," said Molyneux.

How many of you are saving your cash for those games, then?

It also works if you change "move" for "kinect".
Eye Toy, anyone?

Well said, KON.

Micro$oft must be treating Peter well.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Hermanator X on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 am

Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:00 am

IGN @ SDCC: Street Fighter X Tekken
Daemon Hatfield wrote:Today at Comic-Con Capcom and Namco teamed up for a surprising announcement. The two developers are collaborating to produce Street Fighter X Tekken. It is exactly what it sounds like: a fighting game that pits the characters from Street Fighter against those of Tekken. The fighters will all retain their signature moves.

Note that it is not called Street Fighter vs. Tekken. The title is pronounced Street Fighter "Cross" Tekken.

During Capcom's Comic-Con panel today, both a trailer and a gameplay demonstration were shown. The trailer showed Ryu meditating in a dojo when Kazuya Mishima from Tekken bursts through the door, ready to kick some ass. After the Street Fighter X Tekken logo was shown, the classic Pac-Man cut scenes were recreated with Mega Man chasing a ghost across the screen and then running the other way followed by Pac-Man.

Then Yoshinori Ono from Capcom and Katsuhiro Harada from Namco played against each other in a quick match. During gameplay, Ryu called in Chun Li to help him out and Kazuya called in Nina Williams for a ridiculous team-up attack. They fought on a futuristic battlefield with giant mechs roaming in the background. The game was running on a PlayStation 3. Visually, it looked very similar to Street Fighter IV with 2D gameplay and 3D rendered character models.

Street Fighter X Tekken is being developed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. When will it be out? Capcom says "not for a while." Namco also said it is creating its own version of the game, Tekken X Street Fighter, but details on that aren't available at this time.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Wasnt sure where to put this. Its kinda funny. Snake translated to real life is fairly amusing.

...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:53 pm

That was awesome!
Sweet end credits, too!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Hermanator X wrote:Wasnt sure where to put this. Its kinda funny. Snake translated to real life is fairly amusing.

Worst case scenario: That's going to haunt me and make me chuckle at work.

Best case scenario: I'll forget I've seen it, watch it again and laugh just as much as the first time I saw it.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:32 am

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Its part 2 by the way. Part one is out there somewhere, but I havent watched it yet.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Games