Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: Gaming News and stuff!!!! (pick a format, any format...)

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 pm

And conservative Australia does it again...

Fallout 3 Banned in Australia and all because of realistic drug use. That's all, not other reason just the use of morphine to make your limbs numb to you don't feel pain. Bioshock had needles and painful injections but according to Office of Film and Literature Classification Fall out is worse. Hummm.... maybe we need to rethink our ratings, again, as it just doesn't fit the world we live in today. I can understand being conservative about things like this but we're adults and we have a right to choose this kind of game if we want to. Anyone one that wants a copy will just order it from the UK now taking money of the Australian economy.... nice work boys, nice work.

So again we are left win confusion where this...

Is ok but drug use isn't. You do need to wonder sometimes at what exactly they're thinking because there are a hell of a lot of pretty full on games that they happily greenlight.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Final Fantasy 13 was just announced for the Xbox 360. Pretty big win for Microsoft and it has to be a bit of a blow for Sony. I was never a FF fan, but I know there are a lot of folks out there that like it.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:28 am

Wooo! And I'm one of them. Can anyone say 'timber!' for Sony? They had better drop that price real quick or they'll loose more then market share.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 pm

I watched Sony's conference.... (wouldn't say they're anywhere near being dead in the water at this point..)
Read about MS and Nintendo's....

YAWWWWN!!!!... and that's to all 3.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:24 am

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fievel on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:31 pm

I'd like to revise my earlier "YAWWN" statement. The yawn itself was due to the lack of new hardware/innovation/AMAZING announcements/etc.
The FF XIII news did nothing for me as I'm not a fan of those games. Xbox's Netflix deal is interesting - but so is Sony's store with downloads. With the PS3's hard drive able to be upgraded like it is, that sounds like a cool glimpse of the future of downloading films.

But some of these games coming out.... wow. :shock:
Resident Evil 5 looks sweet. Killzone 2 is going to live up to the graphics hype of several years ago. I Am Alive looks cool. DCU could be awesome. Infamous looks very cool.
A bunch more games look great, too.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby instant_karma on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:DCU Online trailer:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17231

Oh fuck. I guess that's my future as a shut-in confirmed...
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Fawst on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:22 pm

The only way Sony could counter the news of FFXIII going multi-platform is if they were to announce that FFVII remake is coming out and is exclusive to the PS3.

Did anyone see that abysmal demonstration of Wii Music from the E3 stage? It was painful.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:37 am

Star Wars: KOTOR 3 MMO

What do you guys think? I am not a huge MMO fan. Little kids that play 24 hours a day running up and killing me is not my idea of a fun game. But I love the game enough to play it anyway. Whats a monkey to do...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:50 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Star Wars: KOTOR 3 MMO

What do you guys think? I am not a huge MMO fan. Little kids that play 24 hours a day running up and killing me is not my idea of a fun game. But I love the game enough to play it anyway. Whats a monkey to do...

I'm excited for a sequel of any sorts to the KOTOR series, that's for sure. But an MMO?
I'll sign up for the Wait And See group.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:47 am

Fievel wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Star Wars: KOTOR 3 MMO

I'm excited for a sequel of any sorts to the KOTOR series, that's for sure. But an MMO?
I'll sign up for the Wait And See group.

That'll probably cost you too Fievel.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fawst on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:38 pm

I think that I'm hoping that this is the MMO that I'm currently trying to get a job at BioWare writing for. But they are apparently working on a Warhammer 40k MMO as well. To be honest, I know nothing of Warhammer, and a good amount (non-EU) of Star Wars. I would love to write for either one.

Just need to get my second submission finished and sent off to the lead writer in Austin...

EDIT: Guys, I'm pretty sure there is a KOTOR 3 and a KOTOR MMO that are not one and the same. Of course, we won't know until they finally announce (officially) one way or the other. I still don't take what's-his-name's "Yes" response to "Are you making a KOTOR MMO?" as being the definitive word one way or the other.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Fawst wrote:EDIT: Guys, I'm pretty sure there is a KOTOR 3 and a KOTOR MMO that are not one and the same. Of course, we won't know until they finally announce (officially) one way or the other. I still don't take what's-his-name's "Yes" response to "Are you making a KOTOR MMO?" as being the definitive word one way or the other.

That would be awesome. MMO's aren't my cup of tea, but I'd really like to have a new experience in the KOTOR world.

Best of luck in the job hunt Fawst!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fawst on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Thanks :) I have stereos to thank, he sent me a link ages ago about a semi-competition to get into the BioWare Austin office. I got word back from their lead writer the other day offering constructive criticism. Told me if I wanted to try again to go ahead and send it directly to him. So I'm cooking up a little scenario involving a necromancer. Could be interesting. So long as I can do better than the last one I did (which won't be tough, it amazes me that he got in touch with me after writing that silly little thing), I stand a decent chance of taking their 48 hour writing test to see if I can get in. Fingers crossed and all that.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ChaoticMoira on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Fievel wrote:What do you guys think? I am not a huge MMO fan. Little kids that play 24 hours a day running up and killing me is not my idea of a fun game.

I am happy with the second M and the O, its the first M I have an issue with. And yeah, that whole playing with kids on crack with nothing to do, that's annoying.

I tried a MMO a while back and just didn't get the hype. I'd rather play with/against a smaller group of people.
ChaoticMoira
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:56 pm

ChaoticMoira wrote:
Poopflingius Maximus said this wrote:What do you guys think? I am not a huge MMO fan. Little kids that play 24 hours a day running up and killing me is not my idea of a fun game.

I am happy with the second M and the O, its the first M I have an issue with. And yeah, that whole playing with kids on crack with nothing to do, that's annoying.

I tried a MMO a while back and just didn't get the hype. I'd rather play with/against a smaller group of people.

Yeah I would not mind playing with friends but not the kids...

Fawst wrote:Thanks :) I have stereos to thank, he sent me a link ages ago about a semi-competition to get into the BioWare Austin office. I got word back from their lead writer the other day offering constructive criticism. Told me if I wanted to try again to go ahead and send it directly to him. So I'm cooking up a little scenario involving a necromancer. Could be interesting. So long as I can do better than the last one I did (which won't be tough, it amazes me that he got in touch with me after writing that silly little thing), I stand a decent chance of taking their 48 hour writing test to see if I can get in. Fingers crossed and all that.

Does that mean that Austin can finally have a Meet-up??!?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Fievel wrote:I'd like to revise my earlier "YAWWN" statement. The yawn itself was due to the lack of new hardware/innovation/AMAZING announcements/etc.
The FF XIII news did nothing for me as I'm not a fan of those games. Xbox's Netflix deal is interesting - but so is Sony's store with downloads. With the PS3's hard drive able to be upgraded like it is, that sounds like a cool glimpse of the future of downloading films.

But some of these games coming out.... wow. :shock:
Resident Evil 5 looks sweet. Killzone 2 is going to live up to the graphics hype of several years ago. I Am Alive looks cool. DCU could be awesome. Infamous looks very cool.
A bunch more games look great, too.

Resident Evil 5 looks to be the tits! These games just get better and better.. they're like a MILF, they older they get, but better they screw!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:01 pm

Check this out, afterlife gaming STUFF! Creative Coffins presents:

Wonder if the eject button on the SNES coffin is an escape route.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:03 pm

This could have easily gone into the Wanker Of The Week thread...

Jim Brown Sues EA & Sony

What a complete douchefuck.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:21 am

Burnout Paradise news

The Bikes Pack hits the streets of Paradise City on Thursday - here's what you can expect in our biggest and most ambitious pack yet!

* Pick from 2 motorcycles featuring male or female characters and start on a whole new progression to earn your Bike License.

* 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.

* A brand new in-game 24 hr day / night cycle that impacts traffic density and available events. (It's fully customisable – you can make it day/night/change the clock speed – it's up to you.)

* Dynamic weather brings an all-new look to Paradise City

* And if that's not enough, we've got 70 more Freeburn Challenges too

Freeburn is Burnout’s uninterrupted drop-in / drop-out online play. It’s a cool collaborative experience, so it's all about hanging out with your friends, messing around in vehicles while racing, pulling tricks and crashing in a massive open world city.

If 350 fun, co-operative challenges aren’t enough to keep you and your friends occupied, the Bike Pack throws a further 70 to the mix.

These bike-exclusive challenges are split 50:50 between regular challenges and timed, against-the-clock challenges for those that enjoy a little more intensity.

Yay!
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:41 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Burnout Paradise news

Yay!

I cannot wait for this, BP is one of the only games I have continued to play after completing, because it is so much fun.
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Peven on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:13 pm

i would love for the Burnout guys to make a Road Rash for the 360. that was a great motorcycle game i used to play on my Sega Genesis complete with biker-to-biker combat with fists, lead pipes, chains, etc,

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:49 pm

Peven wrote:i would love for the Burnout guys to make a Road Rash for the 360. that was a great motorcycle game i used to play on my Sega Genesis complete with biker-to-biker combat with fists, lead pipes, chains, etc,

That has been suggestion on the Criterion forums for a future update, takedowns of other players by side punch, it's unliekly as EA/Criterion don't want the game rating to change from it's basic rating through downloadable content.

But a next gen version of Road Rash by those guys would be awesome!
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:06 pm

Bikes download is LIVE NOW!! Downloading as I type. I guess thats me for the evening!!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby instant_karma on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:44 pm

CeeBeeUK wrote:
Peven wrote:i would love for the Burnout guys to make a Road Rash for the 360. that was a great motorcycle game i used to play on my Sega Genesis complete with biker-to-biker combat with fists, lead pipes, chains, etc,

That has been suggestion on the Criterion forums for a future update, takedowns of other players by side punch, it's unliekly as EA/Criterion don't want the game rating to change from it's basic rating through downloadable content.

But a next gen version of Road Rash by those guys would be awesome!

I was a huge fan of Road Rash on the Megadrive (Genesis to Americans), so it was the first Playstation game I bought when I got my PS1 and despite all the cosmetic upgrades in terms of graphics and sound, the gameplay just wasn't there. I wonder now if the added levels of realism possible with the current generation of consoles in terms of the bike physics somehow works counter to the fun of the original Road Rash games.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby King Psyz on Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:40 pm

OMG it's awesome!

So damn awesome, the bikes are a perfect fit. And I had thought they were eliminating car traffic for bike play but only user controlled cars so still plenty of ways to get yourself in a horrible accident!

And damn you CB for your impossibly fast road rules times!
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby CeeBeeUK on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:17 am

King Psyz wrote:OMG it's awesome!

So damn awesome, the bikes are a perfect fit. And I had thought they were eliminating car traffic for bike play but only user controlled cars so still plenty of ways to get yourself in a horrible accident!

And damn you CB for your impossibly fast road rules times!

Bikes are so much fun.

And sorry. If it's any consolation, I'm not leading on any. I swear one of my friends has glitched their times!
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby King Psyz on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:38 pm

I remember waking up in the middle of the night, booted on the PS3 and it downloaded the patch (and the update, and Life with Playstation) and online all anyone was doing was blowing out the road rules since the bikes are so much faster.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:38 pm

Duke Nukem: Forever

King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:49 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Duke Nukem: Forever

it has certainly come a long way from the promo screenshots from when Duke Nukem Forever was originally announced to be in development...

Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby King Psyz on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:02 pm

BRILLIANT! ZONIE NOMINATION FROM ME
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:58 am

King Psyz wrote:BRILLIANT! ZONIE NOMINATION FROM ME

hahaha, thanks. I was hoping someone would find that funny besides me.

Man, I miss Adventure...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:14 am

Ride to Hell

What happens when a bunch of former Rockstar Vienna developers get together to work on a game? If you guessed that you'd get an open-world action game with a focus on vehicles, you wouldn't be far off. That's what Deep Silver is aiming to deliver on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, only this adventure won't be about cars. This one takes you back to the tumultuous 1960s in the American west and seats you on a motorcycle.

Sounds like it could be fun. single player only tho. ??
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:43 am

Hermanator X wrote:Ride to Hell

What happens when a bunch of former Rockstar Vienna developers get together to work on a game? If you guessed that you'd get an open-world action game with a focus on vehicles, you wouldn't be far off. That's what Deep Silver is aiming to deliver on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, only this adventure won't be about cars. This one takes you back to the tumultuous 1960s in the American west and seats you on a motorcycle.

Sounds like it could be fun. single player only tho. ??

So its basically Easy Rider... how are they going to handle the whole pot thing?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:44 am

I was messing around on Amazon and found out they're making a sequel to that NARUTO: RISE OF A NINJA game I really liked.

The first game took its plot and many cinematics directly from the first season of what I guess is a popular Japanese children's cartoon and as a result the story was really compelling and the characters were great. I'd never seen the show and found I was really caring about the story and at the end of the game I wanted to find out what would happen next to these characters.

It was also a good mix of fighter game and sandbox game. The sequel will continue to directly follow the plotline of the television serial and use smiliar gameplay. And apparently it will be a bit more RPG-ish with multiple playable characters and the such.

Anyway, it's called NARUTO: THE BROKEN BOND and it comes out in November and I'll probably get it. Just thought I'd let you guys know, since I haven't seen it promoted much.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:27 pm

How's That Mad Max Game Coming Along, Cory Barlog?

God of War II designer and number one Facts of Life fan Cory Barlog got back to bloggin' today, giving the world an update on his latest project, a video game based on Mad Max. Barlog's whittling away on the game's story with Mad Max director George Miller with the two having apparently "put the final touches on the Mad Max story and game design structure and mechanics." We're envisioning dialog tree choices like "Do you want to saw your own arm off? Y/N."

Yes, it's going to be a long wait for your digital Mad Max fix, kids, with Barlog writing that they're "working with some publishers to get a deal locked down so we can start making this bad boy." Temper your excitement for now, as Barlog warns "I have no idea when actual production will begin."

Fortunately, Barlog notes that he's also got a "little multi-player ditty" in the works, which is in the negotiations stages as well. He says it's "freaking awesome." It better not be Calling All Cars 2, Cory.

http://kotaku.com/5065266/hows-that-mad-max-game-coming-along-cory-barlog

Sounds good!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:31 am

Vader to invade Soulcalibur 4 (Xbox 360 version) for a price
It's no longer a rumor, Darth Vader will in fact be coming to a SoulCalibur IV near you. Though, for a price.

On Thursday, October 23rd, the once Playstation 3 exclusive SoulCalibur IV Vader character will be available for purchase off the Xbox Live Marketplace. Purchasable for 400 Microsoft points. Yes, we'll admit, $5 for Vader is a bit expensive, but when you look at what you're getting in terms of getting the chance to pit Yoda against Vader in an epic SoulCalibur IV battle of awesomeness. Well, then it doesn't seem too bad. But we must ask, where's our unlockable Jar Jar Binks?

I would imagine Yoda will be made available the same way for the ps3 users.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:27 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:
I would imagine Yoda will be made available the same way for the ps3 users.

Yup. Cant source it at the mo, as im at work, but it was on kotaku that both will be available to each console. Money grubbin leeches.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:24 am

Street Fighter 2 HD to release 'very soon'

xbox360fanboy wrote:Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix has been in development for quite a while and even after a beta test we still don't have a firm release date. Capcom is secretive, that's just how they roll. So, when our Joystiq pals received a teaser email from team Capcom proclaiming that SSFIITHDR would be releasing to the Xbox Live Arcade "very soon", our inner Street Fighter fanboy was tickled with excitement.

Exactly how soon is "very soon"? We dunno, but sooner or later we'll know what "very soon" means and will soon have SSFIITHDR ... soon.

I've been playing the beta of this for a while now, the redrawn HD sprites look amazing, the music has been remixed pretty well too.
Underneath, it's still the same SSF2T you played years ago.

Worth the money? if you already have Street Fighter 2': Hyper Fighting on the 360 then probably not, unless you're a die hard SF fan.
Although, i'm guessing everyone will be playing this online & Hyper Fighting will end up as quiet as Fatal Fury Special.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:23 pm

New 'Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection' from SEGA, 40 titles included

S
ega has just announced a positively massive collection of Genesis games entitled Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. There are 40 titles planned to be included in the collection from the outset with more unlockable content in addition to that, including more games and interviews with creators. The collection is being developed by Backbone, the same company responsible for Sega's current Xbox Live Arcade offerings (as well as a metric ton of other XBLA classic rereleases). Some of the games included include the Sonic the Hedgehog series, four Phantasy Star titles (!), the Vectorman series, Space Harrier, Columns, and even Kid Chameleon (it's also hinted that Eternal Champions will be included). All the games in the collection have been "converted" to high definition and will be output in 720p. To top everything else, the collection will retail for only $29.99. The only caveat thus far is that it appears the collection won't support any sort of online multiplayer, as the game details page notes that players can play "with a friend from the same console at home."

Still, 40 games for 30 bucks is a damned good deal, and one that older gamers will find particularly difficult to resist. Sega plans to announce the unlockable titles "soon".

The 40 games are:
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

Source

EDIT: it's coming out for 360 & PS3.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Activision to continue being greedy bastards

Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick has said the publisher is considering charging gamers for user-created songs in Guitar Hero World Tour.

The CEO said during an earnings conference call that it could introduce a subscription fee for the online service, which has seen some 25,000 user-created songs uploaded since launch with "up to 100,000 by year end," according to Kotick.

"The ability to offer these songs on a subscription basis may very well result in the newest subscription opportunity in our portfolio," he said (via Kotaku)

Source

Nintendo too

Nintendo's global president Satoru Iwata says reducing the price of gaming hardware over time is a "mistake".

According to Iwata, such a strategy puts early adopters off buying a system because they feel they'll get it cheaper if they wait a while. Which if course you do.

"This is my personal thinking, but when the model's price-tag drops over time, manufacturers are telling consumers it's better to wait, and I've always thought that was a mistake," he told Touch-DS (via Kotaku).

While you can understand what Iwata's saying, the counter argument would be that as Wii manufacturing costs are reduced over time, savings should be passed on to the paying public.

While the cost of the PS3 and Xbox 360 have been slashed on numerous occasions, the Wii is the only current-gen home console yet to receive a price cut.

A Wii price cut would obviously be more likely if the system wasn't still selling like hot cakes two years after it was first released. Nintendo expects to shift a massive 27.5 million units this business year alone

Source
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:39 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:New 'Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection' from SEGA, 40 titles included

S
ega has just announced a positively massive collection of Genesis games entitled Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. There are 40 titles planned to be included in the collection from the outset with more unlockable content in addition to that, including more games and interviews with creators. The collection is being developed by Backbone, the same company responsible for Sega's current Xbox Live Arcade offerings (as well as a metric ton of other XBLA classic rereleases). Some of the games included include the Sonic the Hedgehog series, four Phantasy Star titles (!), the Vectorman series, Space Harrier, Columns, and even Kid Chameleon (it's also hinted that Eternal Champions will be included). All the games in the collection have been "converted" to high definition and will be output in 720p. To top everything else, the collection will retail for only $29.99. The only caveat thus far is that it appears the collection won't support any sort of online multiplayer, as the game details page notes that players can play "with a friend from the same console at home."

Still, 40 games for 30 bucks is a damned good deal, and one that older gamers will find particularly difficult to resist. Sega plans to announce the unlockable titles "soon".

The 40 games are:
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

Source

EDIT: it's coming out for 360 & PS3.

Thats cool but it needs 100% more Earthworm Jim...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby papalazeru on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Activision to continue being greedy bastards

Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick has said the publisher is considering charging gamers for user-created songs in Guitar Hero World Tour.

The CEO said during an earnings conference call that it could introduce a subscription fee for the online service, which has seen some 25,000 user-created songs uploaded since launch with "up to 100,000 by year end," according to Kotick.

"The ability to offer these songs on a subscription basis may very well result in the newest subscription opportunity in our portfolio," he said (via Kotaku)

Source
That's just cuntish. Is this going to be for every machine? You pay for your internet, then you pay possibly for XBLA, and now Guitar Hero? Fuck that...vote with your wallet, get Rock Band 2. It's much better anyway.

Plus, I'm very interested to see whether Guitar Hero retain the copyright to songs that YOU created, considering they are making money out of it.

Please, answer with something good Rock Band, considering they were the ones who wanted to make a device that allowed Guitar Hero guitars to be played on Rock Band but were stopped but the makers of Guitar Hero under copyright infringement. As much as I love Guitar Hero, I'm going Rock Band all the way from now on.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:45 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Thats cool but it needs 100% more Earthworm Jim...

EWJ was Shiny & Virgin interactive i think.
The same people responsable for the kick ass Aladdin game on the Megadrive/Genesis.
Shiny sold all rights to the character back in the day, probably sometime after Clayfighter 64.

I'd love to see the Sega CD/Mega CD version of EWJ on Xbox Live someday, can't see it happening though.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:48 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Thats cool but it needs 100% more Earthworm Jim...

The same people responsable for the kick ass Aladdin game on the Megadrive/Genesis.
Shiny sold all rights to the character back in the day, probably sometime after Clayfighter 64.

I'd love to see the Sega CD/Mega CD version of EWJ on Xbox Live someday, can't see it happening though.

EWJ jsut came out on the Wii. And apparently they are in talks to make new EWJ and MDK games!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:09 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:

EWJ jsut came out on the Wii. And apparently they are in talks to make new EWJ and MDK games!

I heard sometime before the summer that Interplay or someone were going to make another one.
They said a few years ago they were gonna do a psp remake of the original EWJ, Duke Nukem forever looks more likely at this point.

If they really do end up making another one, i hope it's 2D with HD sprites & art.
EWJ 3D on the N64 was horrible.

As for a new MDK, that'd be fantastic on modern hardware.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:19 pm

http://kotaku.com/5082290/howd-you-like-your-game-ending-to-be-dlc
“I’ve talked to some developers who are saying ‘If you want to fight the final boss you go online and pay USD 20, but if you bought the retail version you got it for free’. We don’t make any money when someone rents it, and we don’t make any money when someone buys it used - way more than twice as many people played Gears than bought it.”

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Hermanator X wrote:http://kotaku.com/5082290/howd-you-like-your-game-ending-to-be-dlc
“I’ve talked to some developers who are saying ‘If you want to fight the final boss you go online and pay USD 20, but if you bought the retail version you got it for free’. We don’t make any money when someone rents it, and we don’t make any money when someone buys it used - way more than twice as many people played Gears than bought it.”

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That is really crappy. But I could defiantly see them doing that...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

PreviousNext

Return to Games