Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:38 am

Didn't know if there was a gaming merchandise thread, or if this should go in the promotional thread, but if you didn't hear, GIANT BOMB was selling some cool Modern Warfare 2 "Oscar Mike" shirts but something apparently happened with their vendor.

Read about that here:

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/giant-bomb-oscar-mike-t-shirt-update/1840/

Anyway, here's another place you can pick you up a shirt for all you MW2 fans for about $20.

http://www.zazzle.com/oscar_mike_tshirt-235295418594168337?rf=238271024822194045

Nice.
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:31 am

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:28 am

Sony files for universal game controller patent

PS3 maker devises LCD touch-screen-enabled gamepad that could work with Nintendo, Microsoft consoles, as well as legacy systems from Atari, Sega, and more.


I really like this news - not because of the controller itself, but more that the big companies are looking into cross-platform stuff.
This along with the On-Live system slowly push to change the gaming market.
I, for one, hope they succeed.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: New Mario & Metroid Games

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:59 am

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: New Mario & Metroid Games

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 pm



Soon? But I want them now!
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
User avatar
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm

OnLive has a launch date!

I believe that this is the model for the future of gaming.
Quite a bit of publisher support!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Fievel wrote:OnLive has a launch date!

I believe that this is the model for the future of gaming.
Quite a bit of publisher support!


I don't think it's going to be the success it's supposed to be. Yeah, it's all well and good playing games over the net at the moment but to be streaming it...it aint gonna work.

People like tangible objects to hold. If they own the console and the game that they paid for, they are happy. If all they do is own a TV screen and a controller, they own nothing. What happens when publishers and onlive get into a war? Suddenly the game you invested so much time in with your scores and your data is gone!!!!

At least with a hard drive it's stored on your machine.

Also, what's going to be the price of these games? Do we get a lifetime buy out? Will it last OUR lifetime? What are our rights too?

This is a really bad thing to have in terms of actually owning tangible software.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:39 pm

papalazeru wrote:This is a really bad thing to have in terms of actually owning tangible software.


Right. But in the future, before the robot uprising, when all video is downloadable/on-demand... then THIS will make more sense. I would be extremely surprised if OnLive is successful. It's just too soon for non-tangible products. But years down the road, this model will make a lot more sense. Look at the Roku thing for watching Netflix - not wildly successful, but will make a lot more sense down the road. I think this OnLive is a fair comparison.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby papalazeru on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:32 am

Fievel wrote:
papalazeru wrote:This is a really bad thing to have in terms of actually owning tangible software.


Right. But in the future, before the robot uprising, when all video is downloadable/on-demand... then THIS will make more sense. I would be extremely surprised if OnLive is successful. It's just too soon for non-tangible products. But years down the road, this model will make a lot more sense. Look at the Roku thing for watching Netflix - not wildly successful, but will make a lot more sense down the road. I think this OnLive is a fair comparison.


What bugs me is the fact that you end up paying more than the same price for something which can be revoked whenever they so wish.

It's another reason why I frown at chrome.

Ministry of Truth and all that.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby John-Locke on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:08 pm



Absolutely disgraceful
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Seppuku on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:36 pm

*must fight urge to run over her with a pixellated car, walk on her corpse and spell out my name with my bloodied footsteps*

I hope I die before I get old and become a self-righteous old twunt like those three. That gamer guy must have felt like a black man at a KKK rally.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:42 pm

I don't who any of those people are, but they (except for the young dude) are rehashing the same sort of backwards arguments as were made against: Dungeons & Dragons, rap music, heavy metal, television, movies, etc.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 pm

John-Locke wrote:

Absolutely disgraceful


Interesting watch, thanks for posting. The younger guy was quite well-spoken, particularly given that he was, as he said, clearly the "bad guy" on the show.

Interesting how skewed in one direction that show and the audience was. I'm not familiar with the UK programming, is that the UK equivalent of Fox News over here??

I think the woman was channeling Tipper Gore there for awhile. For those of you who remember that far back, Tipper was a major part of essentially the same discussion but relating to music back in the 80's. As a random aside, it's entirely possible that she is the cause for 8 years of George W. Bush...at least she would be if there were any others like me out there who refused to vote for Al in 2000 purely because he was married to that woman. Given that the election was decided by like 12 votes, we can safely say that it's Tipper's fault, she's satan, and should be hit with a bus. Fucking gentleman.

Wait, is this the EFBR? What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, I love the level in Modern Warfare where you can kill all the civilians. Fuck off, puritans!
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby John-Locke on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:25 pm

It's a daytime TV show from the most Lowest Common Denominator Channel of the 4 majors ITV, Presented by some guy who used to do a gardening show or some crap, he makes middle aged women get wet apparently.

Interesting thing is that apparently that Blonde twunt did voice work on a Horror Game for the PC 10 years ago.
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:28 pm

John-Locke wrote:
Interesting thing is that apparently that Blonde twunt did voice work on a Horror Game for the PC 10 years ago.


hahahahaha, that's delicious. MAN I wish the gamer guy had known that in advance of the show, it would have been awesome to drop it on her right after "I'm opposed to any violence for entertainment..."
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Someone email the old blond boot, "films aren't as addictive..." fuck off, signed, aintitcoolnews.

Anyway, who the fuck gave greenfingers a talk show?
America gets Conan, Leno, Letterman, Fallon, that guy from The Man Show who was fucking Sarah Silverman for a while & Ferguson
We have Paul O'Fucking-grady, Allan Carr & Alan Titchmarsh? When Johnathan Ross goes off the air, we're fucked.

Moo wrote:Interesting how skewed in one direction that show and the audience was. I'm not familiar with the UK programming, is that the UK equivalent of Fox News over here??


According to Locke, it's on ITV at some point during the daytime.

ITV shows here under the name STV, it used to be called Grampian (after the region) until they decided to downsize...

ITV starts it's day with a morning show, GMTV. Good Morning Television is it's full name, because in the 70's someone decided that we, the British public, need everything on to be explained to us in the most simplistic of terms (keep this in mind) by the simplest people they could find. I'm sure you have something similar over there. If you've seen Reality Bites, it's a bit like the show Martin Crane hosted, only with more cardboard presenters. A guy in his late 40s hosts it most of the time, usually with a woman about 10 years younger than him. They used to have a man in his late 50's (or early 60's) host it until about 7.55am, he'd drink during the ad-breaks.

9.30 Jeremy Kyle's The Jeremy Kyle Show (Jeremy Kyle for short)
Jeremy Kyle hosts Jeremy Kyle's award winning (i assume it was the 4 weeks sober badge from AA) Jeremy Kyle Show, where Jeremy Kyle invites members of the British public to go on national television (it's international though, fucking gentlemen) and talk their problems over with the help of Jeremy Kyle. Jeremy Kyle will come out & tell you the guests' back story, then Jeremy Kyle brings out the first guest & asks them to tell Jeremy Kyle the back story. Jeremy Kyle then invites the person the guest has the problem with & SHOUTS LIKE FUCK for a bit, lets the audience jeer at the people on stage, then Jeremy Kyle SHOUTS IN A CONDESCENDING MANNER, shakes his head & tells a runner to hand the guests the DNA test results (it's always DNA tests on this fucking show, 4 per episode, 5 episodes a week. If this was the UK version of Springer, we would be on the 6th "I Caught My Husband Fucking Our Cattle" episode by now, but no, it's the Jeremy Kyle Show, with Jeremy Kyle). Jeremy Kyle will then banish the guests from the stage & do the whole thing again, but just before ad-breakes he'll tell you to keep watching Jeremy Kyle's Jeremy Kyle show, because he, Jeremy Kyle, has got footage you need to see (hopefully of Jeremy Kyle pulling Jeremy Kyle's head out of Jeremy Kyle's arse*).

10.30 This Morning (ends at 12.30pm :roll: ) Hosted by an ex-children's TV presenter & an ex wonder-bra model. It's pretty much like GMTV, but with cookery segments. Last week was "sex week". They had guests on who had tried a range of vibrators & were reviewing them, but no one was aloud to say the word "vibrator". They used to have a guy come on and do the weather on 5 bits of foam floating in the water, he was good.

12.30pm Loose Women.
Four sex-starved, jaded, bitter cows will explain that they're gagging for a shag, yet too far up their own arses to actually find anyone they meet attractive (which is a good job, because they all look like someone left them out in the rain for too long one day & they've corroded so much that parts of them have crumbled away), then they'll perv over a male guest for about 15 mins, talk about how drunk they were at the weekend & how hard it is to be a woman, then, maybe they'll have 10 mins at the end to talk about a news story that either condemns women in general, or praises them.

1.30 News
British news, from a Londoner's perspective. Not a cheeky bastard, loveable rogue, Danny Dyer sort of Londoner, but some upper middle class dickhead.
Areas in Britain are referred to by geographical location only below the Anglo-Scottish border. "...and people in the North have been protesting" will begin a story about people in Newcastle instead of Inverness.

1.55 Scottish News
A guy from Edinburgh tries to squeeze "Glasgow's fucked because of the decline of the shipping industry, Aberdeen's fucked because we're about to run out of oil, Millport's no even on the map ony mare & Dundee? I don't even know where to start..." into 3mins before the weather presenter comes on & tells you the weather in the north east while standing right in front of the part of the map he's referring to. "You want the temperature before you leave the house? Turn on the fucking wii then, or google it, you lazy Struggling Background Artist" he seems to say.

2.00 60 Minute Makeover
A show where people come in, paint 4 walls & build some flat-pack shelves from Ikea. They only have 60mins to do it, will they manage?**

3.00 Auction Party
Moldy old shit from your gran's loft gets auctioned off, but this time, the auction takes place in the living room of your house.

4.00 The first real television show of the day, Rosemary & Thyme.

5.00 The Hour
Hosted by an ex-singer (she won Pop Idol) who lost a lot of weight before putting the majority of it back on again & an ex-alcoholic (he won £5 on the fruit machines in his local pub).
It's This Morning, but with Scottish people.

6.00 Scottish News
6.30 News
7.00 Emmerdale (soap)
7.30 Coronation Street (soap)
8.00 Something they can fill 30 mins with, before...
8.30 Coronation Street (soap)
9.00 Underbelly
10.00 News
10.30 Scottish News
10.40 Usually they'd put a film on here, but they showed a drama tonight because we've yet to reach our quota of Scottish content...
11.35 Ulaidhean
12.05am Slighe Anndra

12.30 Roulette Nation
One of the 4 terrestrial tv channels turns into a call-in casino in a bid to escape the controversy of the last time they did this exact same bullshit, but called it a quiz.

1.00 Jeremy Kyle's The Jeremy Kyle Show

2.00-5.30 Nightscreen
A screenshot of a show is displayed, with text explaining the plot beside it. A bit pointless when the screenshot is of anything they show during the daytime, or weeknights, or weekends...

*It never fucking is
**They always fucking do

EDIT: Counting the late-night showing, Jeremy Kyle's The Jeremy Kyle Show is on 10 times a week.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Seppuku on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 pm

King Of Daytime TV wrote:9.30 Jeremy Kyle's The Jeremy Kyle Show (Jeremy Kyle for short)
Jeremy Kyle hosts Jeremy Kyle's award winning (i assume it was the 4 weeks sober badge from AA) Jeremy Kyle Show, where Jeremy Kyle invites members of the British public to go on national television (it's international though, fucking gentlemen) and talk their problems over with the help of Jeremy Kyle. Jeremy Kyle will come out & tell you the guests' back story, then Jeremy Kyle brings out the first guest & asks them to tell Jeremy Kyle the back story. Jeremy Kyle then invites the person the guest has the problem with & SHOUTS LIKE FUCK for a bit, lets the audience jeer at the people on stage, then Jeremy Kyle SHOUTS IN A CONDESCENDING MANNER, shakes his head & tells a runner to hand the guests the DNA test results (it's always DNA tests on this fucking show, 4 per episode, 5 episodes a week. If this was the UK version of Springer, we would be on the 6th "I Caught My Husband Fucking Our Cattle" episode by now, but no, it's the Jeremy Kyle Show, with Jeremy Kyle). Jeremy Kyle will then banish the guests from the stage & do the whole thing again, but just before ad-breakes he'll tell you to keep watching Jeremy Kyle's Jeremy Kyle show, because he, Jeremy Kyle, has got footage you need to see (hopefully of Jeremy Kyle pulling Jeremy Kyle's head out of Jeremy Kyle's arse*).

10.30 This Morning (ends at 12.30pm :roll: ) Hosted by an ex-children's TV presenter & an ex wonder-bra model. It's pretty much like GMTV, but with cookery segments. Last week was "sex week". They had guests on who had tried a range of vibrators & were reviewing them, but no one was aloud to say the word "vibrator". They used to have a guy come on and do the weather on 5 bits of foam floating in the water, he was good.

12.30pm Loose Women.
Four sex-starved, jaded, bitter cows will explain that they're gagging for a shag, yet too far up their own arses to actually find anyone they meet attractive (which is a good job, because they all look like someone left them out in the rain for too long one day & they've corroded so much that parts of them have crumbled away), then they'll perv over a male guest for about 15 mins, talk about how drunk they were at the weekend & how hard it is to be a woman, then, maybe they'll have 10 mins at the end to talk about a news story that either condemns women in general, or praises them.

1.30 News
British news, from a Londoner's perspective. Not a cheeky bastard, loveable rogue, Danny Dyer sort of Londoner, but some upper middle class dickhead.
Areas in Britain are referred to by geographical location only below the Anglo-Scottish border. "...and people in the North have been protesting" will begin a story about people in Newcastle instead of Inverness.

1.55 Scottish News
A guy from Edinburgh tries to squeeze "Glasgow's fucked because of the decline of the shipping industry, Aberdeen's fucked because we're about to run out of oil, Millport's no even on the map ony mare & Dundee? I don't even know where to start..." into 3mins before the weather presenter comes on & tells you the weather in the north east while standing right in front of the part of the map he's referring to. "You want the temperature before you leave the house? Turn on the fucking wii then, or google it, you lazy Struggling Background Artist" he seems to say.

2.00 60 Minute Makeover
A show where people come in, paint 4 walls & build some flat-pack shelves from Ikea. They only have 60mins to do it, will they manage?**

3.00 Auction Party
Moldy old shit from your gran's loft gets auctioned off, but this time, the auction takes place in the living room of your house.

4.00 The first real television show of the day, Rosemary & Thyme.

5.00 The Hour
Hosted by an ex-singer (she won Pop Idol) who lost a lot of weight before putting the majority of it back on again & an ex-alcoholic (he won £5 on the fruit machines in his local pub).
It's This Morning, but with Scottish people.


Don't worry, dude. I'm sure you'll find a job eventually if you keep looking. :twisted:
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

I probably should've posted that in the "British TV Is Shite" thread instead
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:12 pm

...and so forth.
User avatar
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 pm
Location: Kongsberg, Norway, This Town needs an enema

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Yeah... that new Spiderman game is pretty damn intriguing!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Man plays ASTEROIDS for 58 hours straight, gets highscore record.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen
 
Posts: 6031
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:26 am
Location: Shanghizzo

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:33 pm

magicmonkey wrote:Man plays ASTEROIDS for 58 hours straight, gets highscore record.


Now THAT is something to put on the ol' resume!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:02 pm

"Mean Girls" for Nintendo DS gives the snubaroo to Lindsay Lohan.

Image

PopCrunch wrote:Lindsay Lohan Excluded From “Mean Girls” Nintendo DS Game Cover
April 13th, 2010 by Castina

Mean Girls arrives on Nintendo’s handheld DS system later this month, but there’s an even bigger buzz brewing over one very glaring omission from the game’s cover art: actress Lindsay Lohan.

The 2004 teen comedy featured a group of mean-spirited high school princesses who set out to destroy Lohan’s Cady Heron. The box art for the game features only the bitchy posse of teen terrors known as “The Plastics” (Amanda Seyfried, Rachel McAdams, and Lacey Chabert) — LiLo is nowhere to be seen, although the movie revolved around her character. In the game, players will guide Cady on her quest to defeat the super-popular “Plastics” and become prom queen. The troubled starlet’s likeness will be absent from all promotional materials for Mean Girls for Nintendo DS, which goes on sale next week.

No reason has been given for the snub, but we’re willing to bet Lindsay’s alleged recent drug relapse has something to do with it.


This reminds me of the "Reservoir Dogs" video game sans everybody-'cept-Madsen.

"Mean Girls" remains a quality movie. It was just before Lindsay went off the deep end. When she was still a beautiful young angel... MY beautiful angel! :twisted:
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am

They're making a game out of Mean Girls. Six years after the fact.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
User avatar
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:02 pm

User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15454
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:18 pm



Ha! That would be sweet!
Too bad I won't let my kid join the scouts because of their anti-gay policy.... well that and the fact that I was kicked out for saying the word "fuck" during a den meeting.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Fievel wrote:


Ha! That would be sweet!
Too bad I won't let my kid join the scouts because of their anti-Dumbledore policy.... well that and the fact that I was kicked out for saying the word "fuck" during a den meeting.



Your kid is gåy? :wink:
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15454
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:25 pm

so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:


Ha! That would be sweet!
Too bad I won't let my kid join the scouts because of their anti-Dumbledore policy.... well that and the fact that I was kicked out for saying the word "fuck" during a den meeting.



Your kid is gåy? :wink:


No, but that wink you dropped is. :lol:

Aside from a bunch of friends who are, "the gay" runs in my wife's family (3 cousins).
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Bungie, creator of Halo franchise, signs huge publishing deal with Activision-Blizzard

Activision-Blizzard will be the exclusive publisher of Bungie's next franchise over the next 10 years. That means that for those of you who were fans of Halo, but now own a PS3 (or maybe even a Wii), you will likely be able to play Bungie's next franchise on your platform. This is probably a bit of a blow to Microsoft (who was in the running to remain Bungie's exclusive publisher), but is generally good for gamers.

The final game in the Halo franchise, "Halo: Reach", is not effected by this deal and will be published by Microsoft in fall 2010, so PS3 and Wii owners are out of luck there...

The rich at A-B get richer, as they are already the developers and/or publishers of the Call of Duty franchise (probably Halo's biggest rival in the fps space) the most financially successful and widely subscribed MMO of all time, World of Warcraft, and the most successful music-related game of all time, Guitar Hero...among many others.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby papalazeru on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Bungie, creator of Halo franchise, signs huge publishing deal with Activision-Blizzard

Activision-Blizzard will be the exclusive publisher of Bungie's next franchise over the next 10 years. That means that for those of you who were fans of Halo, but now own a PS3 (or maybe even a Wii), you will likely be able to play Bungie's next franchise on your platform. This is probably a bit of a blow to Microsoft (who was in the running to remain Bungie's exclusive publisher), but is generally good for gamers.

The final game in the Halo franchise, "Halo: Reach", is not effected by this deal and will be published by Microsoft in fall 2010, so PS3 and Wii owners are out of luck there...

The rich at A-B get richer, as they are already the developers and/or publishers of the Call of Duty franchise (probably Halo's biggest rival in the fps space) the most financially successful and widely subscribed MMO of all time, World of Warcraft, and the most successful music-related game of all time, Guitar Hero...among many others.


Yeah, they need to tie that shit in. Activision are reeling after Jason West and Vince Zampella left and are now filing a lawsuit against them. They lost the 2 biggest names they own - The two creators of COD MW 2.

They are doing anything in their power to make it seem they are the 'gamers choice' but when you get treated poorly, this is what happens.

Head honcho company being sued

If all goes well, Activision can pay from the worlds biggest cash cow - WoW
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue May 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Alright, here's this game coming out in a few weeks called BLUR. It is not about the rock band. Although I am sure ROCK BAND: BLUR will come out right after ROCK BAND: SOUL ASYLUM seeing as these days they are making an exclusive music game for anybody whoever released two albums.

Anyhoo, it seems somebody got my letter because they have finally made a racing game where you can shoot missiles and shit at the other cars AND there's four players allowed on the console. I don't do this online bullshit, I play video games all Amish style with my mates sitting right there on the sofa next to me but most games only seem to offer two player multiplayer on the console and if you want more you have to go on some laggy crappy network and have some four year old swear at you. I will definately be picking this up.

Image
User avatar
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am
Location: ????

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 11, 2010 11:52 am

FUCK YOU EA!!!

Yes, that's right. EA are making you PAY when you buy a game second hand.

So now, you pay your internet connection, your online subsciption and you're left with but a few pence so you buy a game second hand and you're CHARGED ON TOP OF THAT.

I'm never buying another one of your games.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Tue May 11, 2010 12:11 pm

papalazeru wrote:So now, you pay your internet connection, your online subsciption and you're left with but a few pence so you buy a game second hand and you're CHARGED ON TOP OF THAT.


What are you talking about?
Playstation owners don't pay a subscription fee--...... oh... you're on X-box.... nevermind.. :oops:
:D

That IS a truly shitty thing that they are doing. Penalizing consumers like that is just rotten business.
It wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of lawsuit to stop this.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Fievel wrote:
papalazeru wrote:So now, you pay your internet connection, your online subsciption and you're left with but a few pence so you buy a game second hand and you're CHARGED ON TOP OF THAT.


What are you talking about?
Playstation owners don't pay a subscription fee--...... oh... you're on X-box.... nevermind.. :oops:
:D

That IS a truly shitty thing that they are doing. Penalizing consumers like that is just rotten business.
It wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of lawsuit to stop this.


Who's to say they won't cross over the idea to PS3.

And yes, PS3 luckily doesn't have to pay for the network, but there were talks about bringin in a fee at the end of the year.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Tue May 11, 2010 12:19 pm

papalazeru wrote:Who's to say they won't cross over the idea to PS3.

And yes, PS3 luckily doesn't have to pay for the network, but there were talks about bringin in a fee at the end of the year.


As far as I know (read a different article about this) EA's "plan" goes out to all consoles/PC games.

And PS3's service as it is now will remain free. They're going to add "premium content" eventually that will require a subscription fee.
Again, that's according to my memory so it might differ in reality.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Fievel wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Who's to say they won't cross over the idea to PS3.

And yes, PS3 luckily doesn't have to pay for the network, but there were talks about bringin in a fee at the end of the year.


As far as I know (read a different article about this) EA's "plan" goes out to all consoles/PC games.

And PS3's service as it is now will remain free. They're going to add "premium content" eventually that will require a subscription fee.
Again, that's according to my memory so it might differ in reality.


No, that's correct Fievel.

I do wonder what they will add to the 'Premium' service, or subtract from the service available at the moment.

But yes, back on topic.

I hate EA. FACT!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby King Psyz on Tue May 11, 2010 1:41 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Fievel wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Who's to say they won't cross over the idea to PS3.

And yes, PS3 luckily doesn't have to pay for the network, but there were talks about bringin in a fee at the end of the year.


As far as I know (read a different article about this) EA's "plan" goes out to all consoles/PC games.

And PS3's service as it is now will remain free. They're going to add "premium content" eventually that will require a subscription fee.
Again, that's according to my memory so it might differ in reality.


No, that's correct Fievel.

I do wonder what they will add to the 'Premium' service, or subtract from the service available at the moment.

But yes, back on topic.

I hate EA. FACT!

Dollars to donuts says the premium service will just be a rebranding/packaging of the Qore PSN vidzine.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu May 13, 2010 8:52 am

So how does this thing with EA work? Is it the first person to put the disc in their Xbox gets the game registered to them through the network and then anybody else who then puts that disc in their XBox will have to pay a transfer fee? What about rentals? What about taking the game over to your friend's house playing it there?
Image
User avatar
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am
Location: ????

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu May 13, 2010 10:24 am

Almost every EA game makes you sign into gamernet, so i guess the first time you put it into your machine, you'll enter a code that's printed on the back of the manual or on a little voucher inside the case & that will register the game to your gamernet profile.

If you don't have a code, you'll be asked to buy one. If you don't, you won't be able to sign in to gamernet & use it's features (leaderboards, online multiplayer, updates...).
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby papalazeru on Thu May 13, 2010 10:39 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:Almost every EA game makes you sign into gamernet, so i guess the first time you put it into your machine, you'll enter a code that's printed on the back of the manual or on a little voucher inside the case & that will register the game to your gamernet profile.

If you don't have a code, you'll be asked to buy one. If you don't, you won't be able to sign in to gamernet & use it's features (leaderboards, online multiplayer, updates...).



That's why I never registered Mass Effect 2. I didn't need that extra silly mission where I get an upgraded set of waterproof underpants that have no effect on the game whatsoever.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Tron Evolution

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 19, 2010 1:42 am

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Hermanator X on Fri May 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Not too interested in tie in books that bridge the gaps between sequels? How about DLC which tells the tale between Mass Effect 2 and 3? Link

Sounds ok to me. Better than mission packs which take place during the game you allready finished!
...and so forth.
User avatar
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 pm
Location: Kongsberg, Norway, This Town needs an enema

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed May 26, 2010 6:46 am

papalazeru wrote:
Fievel wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Who's to say they won't cross over the idea to PS3.

And yes, PS3 luckily doesn't have to pay for the network, but there were talks about bringin in a fee at the end of the year.


As far as I know (read a different article about this) EA's "plan" goes out to all consoles/PC games.

And PS3's service as it is now will remain free. They're going to add "premium content" eventually that will require a subscription fee.
Again, that's according to my memory so it might differ in reality.


No, that's correct Fievel.

I do wonder what they will add to the 'Premium' service, or subtract from the service available at the moment.


Joystiq wrote:According to Joystiq's sources, Sony is set to reveal a premium tier of the PlayStation Network service, labeled PSN+, during its 2010 E3 media briefing. Unlike Microsoft's Xbox Live Gold service, PSN+ will focus on giving paid subscribers additional bonuses without limiting online multiplayer between paying and nonpaying users.

Many of the features included in the premium service mimic those featured in a supposed survey released late last year. Sources tell us that subscribers will have access to a rotating list of PSP Minis and PSone Classics, exclusive in-game DLC, discounts to the PlayStation Store and "first hour" demo access to full retail titles. Following the first hour of gameplay, players will have the ability to purchase the full title; however, demo access will only be available once the entire title has been downloaded.

As PSN+ subscribers, gamers will also receive protection for their consoles with the recently announced PlayStation Protection Plan, as well as exclusive access to the long-awaited cross-game voice chat. Additional features are said to be in the works following the launch of PSN+, including the previously rumored cloud-based saving system.

Joystiq has been informed that PSN+ subscribers will also have the ability to enable an auto-patching feature, which will detect, download and install updates for recently played PS3 titles on the system.

Pricing and a release for the PSN+ service is unknown, though one source speculates PSN+ may cost $9.99 per month. When contacted, a Sony representative said the company does not "comment on rumors or speculation."
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby magicmonkey on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:08 am

Xcom E3 Trailer. Pretty badass if you ask me. I've been playing this game since it was called Chaos, then Lords of Chaos, then Laser Squad before it finally settled on Xcom. There was something horribly addictive about their turned based play, especially in two player, and it was surprising to see elements of their classic game mechanics coming out in this FPS revisit. Oh yeah, and is that the Indy 4 fridge attack shown at the end?! I'm hoping this will be the evolution for Xcom as GTA 3 was to GTA. Certainly looks promising.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen
 
Posts: 6031
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:26 am
Location: Shanghizzo

Re: Infamous 2

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:57 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Devil's Third

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:00 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 Betrayal Cinematic Trailer

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage


Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:31 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:SEGA to make another console?



If it's anything like the Dreamcast was in it's time...I'm up for it.

The Dreamcast was leaps and bounds ahead of anything at that time.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Re: Gaming News and Stuff!!! (Pick a format, any format...)

Postby Fievel on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:40 am

A fourth console?
Yeah... it'll be SO EASY for them to get into the game now, :roll:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12097
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

PreviousNext

Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests