Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:28 pm

Ummm yeah... thanks for that random fact man.

Not long now till this bad boy comes out. Interestingly, I've been chatting to some non gamers and this game is one that almost everyone I've spoken too wants to play and own. Who would have thought that tormenting Storm Troopers and slicing ATAT Walkers in half would get so much attention :D
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:40 pm

OH OH ME ME
PICK ME I KNOW THE ANSWER
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:04 pm

:mrgreen: well......
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:46 pm

EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER WATCHED A STAR WARS MOVIE AND THAT PLAYS VIDEO GAMES
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:05 pm

EVER!!!!!!

Wooo!!!

Not long now.... damn I hope that the 360 version will have Multiplayer. The Jedi Knight series had some sweet multiplayer action on the PC so they can totally do it.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Jeebus I can barely remember what platform it was. I'm pretty sure it was on PS3 and even though I'm a 360 boy I didn't have too many troubles with the controls.

I wish every platform would have multiplayer too, but so far I've only heard of it for the Wii.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Fawst on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:33 pm

If I'm not mistaken, they held MP back from the 360 and PS3 versions for the PS2 and Wii versions. Something like that. Weaksauce, I know.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:45 pm

That's so weird, making the more graphically advanced systems lack MP support. If I paid for the more expensive system AND I'm paying for Xbox live, why give it only to PS2 and Wii?
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:10 am

Fawst wrote:If I'm not mistaken, they held MP back from the 360 and PS3 versions for the PS2 and Wii versions. Something like that. Weaksauce, I know.

Heyoucantlaughatthat wrote:That's so weird, making the more graphically advanced systems lack MP support. If I paid for the more expensive system AND I'm paying for Xbox live, why give it only to PS2 and Wii?

The wii is a multiplayer console so it makes sense that they have some actual multiplayer elements.
But yeah, no online play on the 360 & PS3 seems like a strange/bad idea.

I downloaded the demo from Live this morning.
It's the same one Heyoucantlaughatthat played at Comic-Con.

It's pretty good, but im not a huge fan of the QTE or whatever you wanna call them.
They were alright in Shenmue back in the day, but for a game where you can be 20 feet in the air deflecting enemy fire with your lightsaber at any time, having to enter a timed combination seems kinda pointless.

I understand that it's to do with balancing & that the game would be too easy otherwise.
But if he can push heavy metal doors open using the force, why cant he force push the AT-ST over the edge of the platform?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:29 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:why cant he force push the AT-ST over the edge of the platform?

I can't tell you how many times I tried that. Gripping it too. If I can toss around the Tie Fighters in the hanger, why not the walker?

And yeah, this is the demo I played at Con, but I only played through the walker platform part.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MonkeyM666 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:30 am

Demo out on XBOX live.... :D I'm downloading it as we speek.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:48 am

Heyoucantlaughatthat wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:why cant he force push the AT-ST over the edge of the platform?

I can't tell you how many times I tried that. Gripping it too. If I can toss around the Tie Fighters in the hanger, why not the walker?

And yeah, this is the demo I played at Con, but I only played through the walker platform part.

Man it took me aaaages to get the damn AT-ST down! It was so annoying. I ended up rushing to the double damage token to kill the troopers asap and then tackle the ST. Thing was, it kept killing me, it was so fast. And I couldn't do anything, kept throwing these boxes to his face but with not so much effect. I ended up placing a lot of barrels and boxes from the bridge on the fighting platform before engaging the fight with the ST and troopers. I had some shelter and managed to get him down to like 10% health. But then I was out of boxes! (I find them hard to aim). Desperately I try to force push, which I now noticed brought him in some kind of coma where he stops firing for a moment, and then -- all of a sudden -- some button combination turns up on screen -- I tap the buttons ... and suddenly in the most insane move he is death. After all this hard work, a quicktime event was the solution... gosh... :x I thouht it was a bit underwhelming/overhyped tbh. Still fun, force powers, can't wait to get Force choke, my favorite from the Jedi Knight series. I want a new Rogue Squadron to, in full hd with multiplayer.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:09 pm

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/910/910000p1.html

The reviews are in ladies and gentlemen. And the word is...

Mediocrity...
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby travis-dane on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:12 am

I have a bad feeling about this.....

The GameTrailers review.....
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39954.html
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:07 am

Man, so it wasn't just the demo level that was a bit disappointing... still love the feel of the game though. It's star wars after all, but I had high hopes this would be another Jedi Knight kind of classic. I guess I'll wait till the prices drop for this one.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:17 am

I'm with you E.Hobbit. I really wanted a Jedi Knight 2 game (well the Multiplayer parts at least) but for current gen consoles and it seems that the Lucas 'saggy chop' syndrome has struck again. All about the technology and the design and they forget the actual game. Don't get me wrong, the tech appears to be prett damn impressive but it's got to be a full package these days. The reviews I've read say that it is a good continuation on from a storyline POV but I didn't buy a straight to DVD movie I bought a video game DAMNIT! I still have hopes though... they may be slim but I still hold hope. Wanna know why? Live Updates... that's right Microsoft are going to come along and save the day. I know I'm as shocked as you are but if Lucas arts release an Xbox Live update, the same way so many others have been doing of late, we may get multiplayer and we may have some of the numerous bugs sorted out (as this seems to be another point of contention for most reviews).

So I'll probably still get it but maybe in a couple of months when some updates are released.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:52 pm

I played the game about halfway through the other night and it really is fun, there are a lot of familiar faces and one moment that just made my jaw drop.

Most of the problems I ran into were technical. My apprentice just froze in the middle of one mission, but unfortunately the Felucian warriors trying to kill me didn't. Then my entire 360 froze on one level. But the game was fun to play, especially upgrading your force powers and combos.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby CeeBeeUK on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:31 am

I've read somewhere that this game is short, (8-10 hours?) if so, that seems about the same as the single player campaign of COD4.

Does that make this a 7 day rental?
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:59 am

haha good point. It does make it a rental, epically since it doesn't have multiplayer.... the entire reason I love COD4 soooo much.

I hear from a very reliable friend that it's exactly as the reviews state. It's fun and cool but repetitive and ultimately disappointing.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby CeeBeeUK on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:25 am

It wasn't a dig at the game, but I'd rather pay £5-7 to rent it than £40 to own it and finish it inside 7 days!

I like COD4 but I'm not that fussed with the multiplayer, so I ended up wishing I had rented it.
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Previous

Return to Games