GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat May 03, 2008 4:09 pm

bluebottle wrote:my neck hurts from playing this stupid thing for 9 hours straight.

still not going into multiplayer yet, because, quite frankly, i suck.

Yeah I suck too. I cant drive for crap!

I did get a bluetooth headset so I can talk to people eventually though. :)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby wharto on Sat May 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Anyone had any dilemmas yet??
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby King Psyz on Sat May 03, 2008 6:18 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:That totally sucks Psyz. Im only like 5% into the game at the moment. Everytime I get laying something comes up.

i found out if it wont load just copy the save data and then erase the original and it should be okay.

seems the social club feature can corrupt the save data.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TonyWilson on Mon May 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Just watched the Republican Space Rangers TV show...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Nordling on Mon May 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Moriarty killed me last night. I was in GTA Races and my vehicle went south on me. So I got on a bike, thinking that I can't win, but maybe I can cause some mayhem. That's when Mori's Infernus slammed into me at probably 110 miles an hour, killing me, and then he crushed my head under his wheel to boot. He told me later that it was the best videogame experience he had in his life.

Payback's a bitch, Mori.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon May 05, 2008 5:12 pm

King Psyz wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:That totally sucks Psyz. Im only like 5% into the game at the moment. Everytime I get laying something comes up.

i found out if it wont load just copy the save data and then erase the original and it should be okay.

seems the social club feature can corrupt the save data.

Thats good to know.

The only person Ive seen playing when Ive been on is Psyz and Nord.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby papalazeru on Mon May 05, 2008 5:37 pm

Had my first play of it today.

Freakin' awesome. I love the difference in each of the car's handling.

It still has some of the old glitches, like when you're in one car you will see lots more of that type, and also when you walk away a bit and turn round and people have dissappeared.

Very minor glitches on such a wonderful game. I really didn't do any of the missions, I just drove round and it was enough fun for 4 hours.

So much fun and so finely crafted. It seems to be more of the same but who cares, it's a great same.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby King Psyz on Mon May 05, 2008 6:27 pm

Damn it, I haven't gotten a chance to kill with Mori yet.

Me and nord had an awesome few minutes of blood shed though last week.

If I am online feel free to ad me anytime, I will always join in.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon May 05, 2008 6:47 pm

King Psyz wrote:Damn it, I haven't gotten a chance to kill with Mori yet.

Me and nord had an awesome few minutes of blood shed though last week.

If I am online feel free to ad me anytime, I will always join in.

Ive added Mori but he hadnt accepted the request yet last I checked.

I will definitely send out requests to everyone i see on. I got the bluetooth headset so all ya'll can hear me too.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Mon May 05, 2008 6:58 pm

papalazeru wrote:Had my first play of it today.

It still has some of the old glitches, like when you're in one car you will see lots more of that type, and also when you walk away a bit and turn round and people have dissappeared.

Very minor glitches on such a wonderful game. I really didn't do any of the missions, I just drove round and it was enough fun for 4 hours.

So much fun and so finely crafted. It seems to be more of the same but who cares, it's a great same.

are you on a 360 or a PS3?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby papalazeru on Mon May 05, 2008 7:16 pm

King Psyz wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Had my first play of it today.

are you on a 360 or a PS3?

I'm not on either. I played at CeeBee's house today. I didn't notice hardly any of the glitching you guys talk about.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby King Psyz on Mon May 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Well that's the thing, the glitching on PS3 was fairly rare and somehow it stopped *knock on wood*

While nothing official has come from R*, alot of people are thinking it has to do with the R* Social Club communicating with Live or PSN to gather game stats for their own leaderboards and contests.

I get the feeling R* found the flaw and fixed it on their end without the need for a patch hence the problems seeming to go away.

It still sucks I lost several hours of grinding for cash and weapons.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon May 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Came across these cheats today and I figured I would share in case anyone wanted them:

How to use the cheats:
Press up on your D-Pad to display your cell phone, and then press up again to access the keypad. Enter the codes and call the number. If done correctly, it should say "Cheat activated" in the top left hand corner.

482-555-0100 Restore health
362-555-0100 Restore armor
486-555-0100 Get a selection of weapons
486-555-0150 Get a different selection of weapons
267-555-0100 Remove wanted level
267-555-0150 Raise wanted level
468-555-0100 Change weather
359-555-0100 Spawn an Annihilator
938-555-0100 Spawn a Jetmax
625-555-0100 Spawn an NRG-900
625-555-0150 Spawn a Sanchez
227-555-0100 Spawn an FIB Buffalo
227-555-0175 Spawn a Comet
227-555-0147 Spawn a Turismo
227-555-0142 Spawn a Cognoscenti
227-555-0168 Spawn a SuperGT
948-555-0100 Song information

Note: These cheat codes work for both the PS3 and Xbox 360.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Mon May 05, 2008 7:50 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:Came across these cheats today and I figured I would share in case anyone wanted them:

How to use the cheats:
Press up on your D-Pad to display your cell phone, and then press up again to access the keypad. Enter the codes and call the number. If done correctly, it should say "Cheat activated" in the top left hand corner.

Also these cheats will disable any related Achievements for the 360'ers so turn off autosaving.

For PS3 types, I think it only affects Social Club standings if you care about it or stats on the Liberty City Marathon contests.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon May 05, 2008 7:53 pm

King Psyz wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:Came across these cheats today and I figured I would share in case anyone wanted them:

How to use the cheats:

Also these cheats will disable any related Achievements for the 360'ers so turn off autosaving.

For PS3 types, I think it only affects Social Club standings if you care about it or stats on the Liberty City Marathon contests.

Very true. So watch out cheaters ;).
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Mon May 05, 2008 8:42 pm

has anyone besides me unlocked the zombie skin yet in multiplayer?

I played a match with a zombie and by the next game I could play as one too.

From what I understand it's a viral thing, you have to kill or be killed by a zombie to play as one.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 06, 2008 9:08 am

Article
DeusExMalcontent wrote:My name is Niko Bellic.

I arrived in this country only a few weeks ago from my native Serbia, where I had recently wrapped up a stretch in prison following the Bosnian conflict -- a war I reluctantly fought in. I came here at the urging of my cousin Roman, who enticed me with promises of the "American Dream," yet since stepping off a freighter onto the shores of the sprawling urban landscape of Liberty City, I've found not the fresh start I was hoping for but rather an uninterrupted continuation of the life I wanted so desperately to escape. In my short time moving silently -- and sometimes not-so-silently -- beneath even the underbelly of Liberty City, I've found that America is like any other place in the world: The rich and powerful stay that way at the expense of the poor and helpless, and often the only way up is to shut yourself down and be willing to obliterate whoever and whatever gets in front of you. That's what I've done -- what I'm now doing. I've run drugs and guns for the underworld; assassinated the dangerously unhinged head of the Russian mob; been double-crossed by friends, associates, dirty cops and even my girlfriend -- a seemingly normal and thoroughly whip-smart 20-something who likes comfort food, shoots a hell of a game of pool and says I'm great in bed. I've been shot at, beaten-up and marked for death. I'll survive though, because I'm willing to do whatever it takes to stay alive, protect my interests and keep one step ahead in the game that everyone seems to be playing.

And if that means I have to take your car out from under you and put two rounds in your head while doing it -- so be it.

I am Niko Bellic.

While there are undoubtedly a whole lot of people out there who have no idea what I'm talking about, the sales figures dictate that there are at least a million or so of you who do -- a million little Nicko Bellics wreaking havoc on the streets of a million little Liberty Cities across the country. For the uninitiated however, I'll spell it out: Niko Bellic is the main character -- the role assumed by the player -- in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Whether you're an avid video gamer or not, it's impossible not to at least have heard of the GTA series in general and the latest installment in particular: XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 owners began falling all over themselves last Tuesday to get their hands on copies of the game, while at the same time, the usual suspects -- the humorless folk for whom GTA IV represents the latest step toward the complete meltdown of civilization as we know it -- began their cacophonous cries of foul. Late last week, Mayor Mike Bloomberg, having apprently solved every real problem in New York City, issued an official statement harshly condemning the one-man virtual crime wave of Niko Bellic, saying that it "teaches children to kill." That slightly surreal proclamation followed a demand made to the video game ratings board by Mothers Against Drunk Driving; the group is insisting that the rating on GTA IV be changed from "Mature" (which is intended to keep the game out of the hands of kids) to "Adults Only" (which would essentially ban it altogether). It's probably only a matter of time before Robert Mueller puts Niko Bellic on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list and the U.S. Terror Threat Level is raised to blackwatch plaid.

If this all seems like far too much absurd fuss over a video game, believe me, it is. Critics of GTA IV make the argument that it isn't simply a game but something much more powerful. About this, they're right to some extent: Grand Theft Auto IV is quite honestly the most astonishing video game I've ever laid eyes on. It's more a 360 immersive experience than a third-person drive-and-shoot -- an entire virtual world so richly detailed that it leaves you giggling idiotically at how far these games have come since the days of Pong and Pac Man. I could try to explain the visceral thrill to be had just driving around exploring the vast cityscape that the designers at Rockstar Games have created, but you really do have to see it to believe it. Is the game violent? Yes, although how violent is really up to the player. Are there drugs, crime and sex? Yes, but once again, the player has more control over the progression of the game -- its storyline unfolding as a complex, non-linear web -- than you might expect. The most important question though, and the one that GTA IV's rabid detractors seem to either forget or ignore: Is the game for children? The answer, of course, is no.

Those currently crusading against Grand Theft Auto IV are operating under the dead weight of a paradigm that's long since past -- one which dictated that video games were strictly the domain of kids. They're not -- not anymore. At no point have the makers of the GTA series ever claimed that their products are meant for anyone but adult gamers. And while it would be naive to think that some kids won't get their hands on copies of GTA IV, it's a ridiculous forfeiture of adult rights to push for the banning of the game altogether for this reason. If you follow that logic, then we should reinstate Prohibition and trash any film with a rating above PG-13. It's an adult's prerogative to be entertained however he or she sees fit, provided no laws are broken -- I'm of course referring to real world laws -- and though I have no doubt that a troubled mind submerging itself in the world of Liberty City 24/7 could lead to legitimate danger, a little bit of common sense will go a long way for 99.9% of the XBOX Nation.

Please understand, I don't readily disregard the argument that pop culture bears a certain responsibility in the molding of young minds; while I think it's ludicrous to blame Marilyn Manson for Columbine, it's equally ludicrous to assume that even the most attentive parent can always stem the constant onslaught of advertising, TV, the internet and so on. Pop culture is the wet nurse of today's youth. But once again, just because a clever kid can get his or her hands on something like GTA IV, that doesn't give anyone the right, while attempting to childproof the planet, to deprive adults of a form of entertainment intended expressly for them.

In the end, even though it's an extraordinary game -- it's still a video game we're talking about here.

Course, that new Audi A5 parked downstairs would be pretty easy to jack.

Isn't that what Niko Bellic would do?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Tue May 06, 2008 9:30 am

I hate when they put SPOILERS in articles like that... damnit.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 06, 2008 9:46 am

King Psyz wrote:I hate when they put SPOILERS in articles like that... damnit.

Sorry bout that. I took most of those things as innevitable in a GTA game anyway. ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Tue May 06, 2008 9:50 am

well considering I just got to the part with the unhinged russian boss I guess I already know where that is headed...

the thing I like about the GTA plot is that they tend to take convention and throw it on it's ear so sometimes you end the game with the least likely people as friends and your closest friends as enemies.

Although the girlfriend is suspicious as hell and I'm fairly certain she's either INS, FBI, or part of the orginized crime unit with LCPD it hasn't unfolded yet.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 06, 2008 9:52 am

King Psyz wrote:well considering I just got to the part with the unhinged russian boss I guess I already know where that is headed...

the thing I like about the GTA plot is that they tend to take convention and throw it on it's ear so sometimes you end the game with the least likely people as friends and your closest friends as enemies.

Although the girlfriend is suspicious as hell and I'm fairly certain she's either INS, FBI, or part of the orginized crime unit with LCPD it hasn't unfolded yet.

Im not sure im even close to that stuff yet =/.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue May 06, 2008 9:54 am

King Psyz wrote:well considering I just got to the part with the unhinged russian boss I guess I already know where that is headed...

Her reaction to being taken to the perestroika club was brilliant. "I didn't like it, it seemed to be full of gangsters."!

Welcome to my jacked car! :D
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 06, 2008 9:54 am

CeeBeeUK wrote:

Her reaction to being taken to the perestroika club was brilliant. "I didn't like it, it seemed to be full of gangsters."!

Hahaha yeah that was awesome.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue May 06, 2008 9:56 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
CeeBeeUK wrote:

The gangsters wouldn't have been my preferred gripe. The cabaret was awful. :lol:
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 06, 2008 9:57 am

CeeBeeUK wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:
CeeBeeUK wrote:

The gangsters wouldn't have been my preferred gripe. The cabaret was awful. :lol:

Thankfully it didnt last long!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Tue May 06, 2008 10:03 am

well at least now I know to take her to play pool... I already hit that shit after the third date though
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 06, 2008 10:08 am

King Psyz wrote:well at least now I know to take her to play pool... I already hit that shit after the third date though

dude i banged the hoe first date! after the cabaret club no less ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Tue May 06, 2008 11:08 am

*high five*
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 06, 2008 11:17 am

King Psyz wrote:*high five*

In memoriam of TheTodd:
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Tue May 06, 2008 11:21 am

back to the other thing, anyone besides me get the zombie skin yet on multiplayer?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 06, 2008 11:22 am

King Psyz wrote:back to the other thing, anyone besides me get the zombie skin yet on multiplayer?

still havent played multiplayer.

I was going to last night but ended up staying at work until 930 PM.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue May 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Just played some multiplayer for this first time on Live. Some really cool modes, but imho it only hooks me when I played with some mates. The deathmatch mode is a bit bland but the modes where you team up with friends to do missions, compeating with others, are fantastic! And cops and crooks is hilarious. My favorite though is the one where you need to steal and deliver cars. It's so great when you are behing hunted by both trigger happy opponent teams and the police together. What a mayhem.

Also loving the single player so far.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue May 06, 2008 11:23 pm

I have yet to do the multiplayer thing either. I kind of fear it. I am gonna die.

On the other hand the single player is so awesome I really cant be bothered that much...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby dablunt89 on Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 am

Any of you get to the Dumbledore character's missions yet? I think rockstar handled it very well. Sure he was stereotypically effeminate but he is represented in a fair and sympathetic way. One mission involves hunting down a Dumbledore basher who attacks him with a baseball bat. Who knew the game to feature a strong Dumbledore character that you protect and sympathize with would be a Grand Theft Auto title.
It doesn't have to make sense to be intense.
dablunt89
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Hermanator X on Wed May 07, 2008 11:06 am

It has wizards in it? Fuck. If I wanted wizards and orcs etc then I would have got WoW.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed May 07, 2008 2:54 pm

Rockstar just put out a patch to fix the freezing issue.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby King Psyz on Wed May 07, 2008 3:01 pm

I got it this morning, so far so good.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Wed May 07, 2008 6:41 pm

Hehe...I've been getting earache of my girlfriend for playing this continually. Say i'm obsessed. I just bought her a last minute holiday to the dominican republic. When she f***s off i'll be able to play this to my hearts content.

Anyhoo...has anyone found any other clothes shops yet? Man..i think i've bought everything in the 4 i know of but only the shitty russian store sells sunglasses and they look crap. I wanna cool pair of ray bans or oakleys so i look cool when i rob a bank or kill a cop.

If anyone knows of any others that might be hidden..let me know :P
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 07, 2008 10:16 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Hehe...I've been getting earache of my girlfriend for playing this continually. Say i'm obsessed. I just bought her a last minute holiday to the dominican republic. When she f***s off i'll be able to play this to my hearts content.

Anyhoo...has anyone found any other clothes shops yet? Man..i think i've bought everything in the 4 i know of but only the shitty russian store sells sunglasses and they look crap. I wanna cool pair of ray bans or oakleys so i look cool when i rob a bank or kill a cop.

If anyone knows of any others that might be hidden..let me know :P

Yeh I found Modo, Perseus (x2) and the Russian one, I got some cool green tinted aviators from the Russian shop and a white jacket/black trousers combo from Perseus - it looks cool as fuck.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri May 09, 2008 11:26 am

I think thats it for the clothes in the game so god knows where you get hats and glasses from. Neither of the perseus shops have them, nor does modo. Just the crappy russian place in hove beach.

I suppose that now I've had a chance to play the game for some time i can see little niggly faults that would have been nice to have not seen. For one thing, it'd have been really nice to have something cool to spend your ill gotten gains on. I remember that, a while back, there was the idea that you'd actually be able to buy or rent really smart homes and apartments in liberty city. That woulda been cool; maybe nip to liberty ikea and furnish it :P

As it stands..i just wish tehre were more places to spend up.
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby wharto on Fri May 09, 2008 11:54 am

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:I think thats it for the clothes in the game so god knows where you get hats and glasses from. Neither of the perseus shops have them, nor does modo. Just the crappy russian place in hove beach.

I suppose that now I've had a chance to play the game for some time i can see little niggly faults that would have been nice to have not seen. For one thing, it'd have been really nice to have something cool to spend your ill gotten gains on. I remember that, a while back, there was the idea that you'd actually be able to buy or rent really smart homes and apartments in liberty city. That woulda been cool; maybe nip to liberty ikea and furnish it :P

As it stands..i just wish tehre were more places to spend up.

Just finished the main story and have to say I am disappointed it's a much smaller game than San Andreas.
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 27, 2008 2:26 pm

The voice actors of GTA4, Roman and Niko speak out on the treatment of game voice acting.

NY Times with Niko.

Roman's Youtube video.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue May 27, 2008 3:12 pm

So what do you guys have to say about this game now that the initial excitement has worn off a bit? How does it sit?
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue May 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:So what do you guys have to say about this game now that the initial excitement has worn off a bit? How does it sit?

Well im only like 45% done and like 60 missions with it and just started on the last island. I'm still digging the hell out of it but it can get frustrating getting back to the start of the mission and stuff. There are other nitpicks as well, but overall still great.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby travis-dane on Tue May 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:So what do you guys have to say about this game now that the initial excitement has worn off a bit? How does it sit?

DUDE it rules ass!
It was clear from the start that it is much smaller then San Andreas and I like it that way....
But the driving is still tough...(it was much easyer in the other parts)
There are some minor glitches,BUT overall it is still a 10/10 stars game!
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby godzillasushi on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:49 pm

I wrote stuff for people to read! Look! All by myself!

I finished GTA 4 and I have to say, it was a slow burn for me to like it enough to say it’s a good game. I started out pretty skeptical and ten hours in I was carrying doubts. The other GTA’s aren’t paced well enough so 4 is notable for that feat alone. Sand-box style games usually don’t work well in that sense. But I wasn’t exactly feeling the characters. From the stories perspective I started out liking Niko. If you read most of the reviews then by now you know there is praise for him as a game character. It’s true, he’s likable a lot of the time and seems to always want to do the right thing. My problem with the character starts with his willingness to kill. If you don’t have killing in a GTA game, then it would probably be pretty boring. But Niko never seems to have any will. Every major character throughout the game at some point asks Niko to kill somebody. And every time Niko just accepts it. He never sounds reluctant to handle the missions. Niko becomes a serial killer for higher. He has moments where he feels bad but in most cut-scenes his orders are to kill and he does so without questioning what he’s doing. I think that’s a missed opportunity. I’m more critical of people saying Niko is a good guy though. Everywhere, I’ve read what a good guy he is, but he really isn’t. The other characters are also great, but not in a positive way. The voice acting is always excellent. But everyone is a killer. I liked Brucie and Packie the most. I think Packie was raised to be a criminal, but doesn’t go out of his way to harm anyone who doesn’t deserve it. Brucie was just funny, and usually he was more about business and less about revenge. He helped break up the tension from every other guy. The rest of the McCreary brothers weren’t too bad. I enjoyed my time and missions with them. The mafia types did nothing for me. I don’t like how the story narrows where you go in the world either. That’s an issue when they restrict you into such a small area. As slowly as each island unlocks it just takes too long. So much of the game takes place in a concentrated area. In other GTA’s you’d get to do a lot in a large area before moving on. Here it’s small, very small.

The missions are very much the back-bone of the game’s story. But they’re only a vehicle for moving the story along. In most ways each mission is the same as the last one. That’s always been a GTA problem is the repetition from “Kill person, chase person, deliver goods.â€
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:32 am

Godzilla Duche' wrote:Here’s my rant bit.............:wink:(

And what was the stuff before that? :-p

Dude, how can you hate it.... there's very little stuff in the content that you liked. You do make some good points that I agree with but over all it's a bloody high quality game that almost any gamer will love.

Yes, the game controls could use tweaking as I find it a hard game to get use to playing skillfully easily, if you know what I'm saying. On the objectives of the missions I wonder what else you were expecting? I do agree that SA was better with creative missions and vehicles but it's still much of the same. I will point out that this is the same for any game, and GTA saves itself by being a flight sim, a racer, and a shooter.

I am disappointed about one thing in particular though. The limitations to the vehicles. How annoying is it getting use to a great new novelty that was loved and then completely removing it. IE: More flying vehicles. Even the selection of boats is poor.

I'm about 35% through it and am really loving the multiplayer. It may be clumsy, and it may be glitchy as hell but the multiplayr in GTAIV is second to none. It has even kept my COD4 needs at bay for sheer fun factor. What's better then running around with a bunch of mates in Hummers running down old ladies and being shot at by a rocket launcher. Yes it is that fun and more !

I wouldn't give it a 10, as there are a few things that I really miss from the other games. The reality edge is a little sharp for my liking and for the next one I'd like a bit more strangeness. 9.2/10
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nordling on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:53 pm

hehehe nice link...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 pm

MonkeyM666 wrote:
Godzilla Duche' wrote:Here’s my rant bit.............:wink:(

And what was the stuff before that? :-p

Dude, how can you hate it.... there's very little stuff in the content that you liked. You do make some good points that I agree with but over all it's a bloody high quality game that almost any gamer will love.

Yes, the game controls could use tweaking as I find it a hard game to get use to playing skillfully easily, if you know what I'm saying. On the objectives of the missions I wonder what else you were expecting? I do agree that SA was better with creative missions and vehicles but it's still much of the same. I will point out that this is the same for any game, and GTA saves itself by being a flight sim, a racer, and a shooter.

I am disappointed about one thing in particular though. The limitations to the vehicles. How annoying is it getting use to a great new novelty that was loved and then completely removing it. IE: More flying vehicles. Even the selection of boats is poor.

I'm about 35% through it and am really loving the multiplayer. It may be clumsy, and it may be glitchy as hell but the multiplayr in GTAIV is second to none. It has even kept my COD4 needs at bay for sheer fun factor. What's better then running around with a bunch of mates in Hummers running down old ladies and being shot at by a rocket launcher. Yes it is that fun and more !

I wouldn't give it a 10, as there are a few things that I really miss from the other games. The reality edge is a little sharp for my liking and for the next one I'd like a bit more strangeness. 9.2/10

Heh, well, I stopped around 84% so I've done enough of it. Honestly, it's biggest fault is it is just more of the same. Take away the graphics and the city because those are really great and nobody can knock them. But remove those and you get left with a boring physics playground. I don't outright hate the game. But I will say I had more fun with Just Cause, and Vice City. I can't explain why without really looking hard and finding what works between all of those. But the positive peices of GTA 4 don't add up enough for me. That said, something like 4/5 would be what I'd consider. Shouldn't I be pretty picky about the biggest game in a long long time? Halo and GTA and MGS and whatever else out there, those games should be held up to a higher standard. More money, more time, more talent.

*Etc etc....unhappy for no particular reason.....*

As for CoD4, well, dude I went back to that almost the next week. Made me care even less about GTA 4 after switching.

....Man, I love that game.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Games