Resident Evil 5

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Resident Evil 5

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:25 am

I can't believe there isn't a topic for this one yet!..... (???)

After seeing the Extended Trailer, I'm in love... lust... whatever you call it.
I want it now!!!

And who is that girl at the end?
Jill??? Claire???
Hopefully one of them. As good as the gameplay was in RE4, I'd like to see it get back to the original storylines somehow.
And I'd also prefer a return to the slow flesh-eating zombies, but this will work, too.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:37 am

Aaargh! I can't watch the trailer at work, but I'll be sure to when I get home. If memory serves, this one is coming out on the PS3, right? I seem to remember hearing that it was a console exclusive, but I can't remember which, although I'm pretty sure it isn't coming to Wii. Shame really, because I've been having a total blast with the Wii Edition of RE: 4
Last edited by ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:26 am

I can't bloody see it either... Resident Evil 4 is the best game ever... I played it to such rediculous levels that i had all of the guns... including the illusive 'Handcannon'...

I will certainly be buying this as soon as it comes out...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby kid on an escalator on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:30 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Aaargh! I can't watch the trailer at work, but I'll be sure to when I get home. If memory serves, this one is coming out on the PS3, right? I seem to remember hearing that it was a console exclusive, but I can't remember which, although I'm pretty sure it isn't coming to Wii. Shame really, because I've been having a total blast with the Wii Edition of RE: 4

It's coming to both Xbox 360 and PS3. And it's coming before 2010.

Fievel wrote:And who is that girl at the end?
Jill??? Claire???
Hopefully one of them.

The girl at the end is definitely not Jill or Claire. It is most likely Sherryl Berkin from RE2.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:38 am

kid on an escalator wrote:it's coming before 2010.

That's....good to know. it'd be better to know that it was coming before 2009 though :lol:
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:24 am

You know I'm still stuck on Resident Evil 4... I'd made it to that ogre-type boss, who just smacked me around for a few seconds 'til I died, and ever since I've been too afraid to pick up the controller and give it another go. :oops:
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:32 am

Pacino86845 wrote:You know I'm still stuck on Resident Evil 4... I'd made it to that ogre-type boss, who just smacked me around for a few seconds 'til I died, and ever since I've been too afraid to pick up the controller and give it another go. :oops:

Just keep running around shoot him a couple of times, run around a bit more... then he'll bend over and the thing will come out of his back... The rule with all the bosses is the same, run around like you've shit the bed and then shoot them when they are a way off, also if you helped the wolf out of the trap at the begining he'll come and give you a hand...

Oh yeah, and don't go and hide in the little huts at the end with all the goodies in because he can squash those too...

God, i really am turning into a nerd...
Last edited by thebostonlocksmith on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 am

Damn, that trailer is pretty fantastic... it even impressed me more than the MGS 4 trailer did, and that's saying a lot I think.

Is it taking place in Haiti? If so, then the story could enter in black magic/voodoo Clive Barker territory, and that'd be just peachy!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 am

Apparently there is a thing in this one where you can't stay in the sun for too long because it's too hot, so you have to find places to hide and cool down too...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 am

thebostonlocksmith wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:You know I'm still stuck on Resident Evil 4... I'd made it to that ogre-type boss, who just smacked me around for a few seconds 'til I died, and ever since I've been too afraid to pick up the controller and give it another go. :oops:

Just keep running around shoot him a couple of times, run around a bit more... then he'll bend over and the thing will come out of his back... The rule with all the bosses is the same, run around like you've shit the bed and then shoot them when they are a way off, also if you helped the wolf out of the trap at the begining he'll come and give you a hand...

Oh yeah, and don't go and hide in the little huts at the end with all the goodies in because he can squash those too...

Hehehh, thanks for the tips... being the kind soul that I am I did indeed liberate the wolf, and he did come to give me a hand which allowed me a few seconds of time to point Leon in the right direction so I could actually see the ogre for a split-second before he beat me to a pulp and threw me against the wall. :shock:
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:37 am

Pacino86845 wrote:

Hehehh, thanks for the tips... being the kind soul that I am I did indeed liberate the wolf, and he did come to give me a hand which allowed me a few seconds of time to point Leon in the right direction so I could actually see the ogre for a split-second before he beat me to a pulp and threw me against the wall. :shock:

Yeah, he does that...

A bit later you'll be happy to learn that you need to fight two of them... but you can push them into a big pit of liquid magma...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Fawst on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:25 am

Jesus christ, I need to play RE4 again. One of the best games I've ever played. Go figure, the Cube actually had 4 of those: RE4, Metroid Prime and Echoes, and Wind Waker.

I've only seen the short trailer, I'll have to watch this when I go home. Good question, why did I never post a thread about this? :D

Pacino86845 wrote:Damn, that trailer is pretty fantastic... it even impressed me more than the MGS 4 trailer did, and that's saying a lot I think.

Have you watched this trailer yet? Cuz you may want to hold off on that kind of bold statement if you haven't :)
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:28 am

Fawst wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:Damn, that trailer is pretty fantastic... it even impressed me more than the MGS 4 trailer did, and that's saying a lot I think.

Have you watched this trailer yet? Cuz you may want to hold off on that kind of bold statement if you haven't :)

No I haven't seen that one yet, and as per your instruction I retract my previous geekgasm until I'm properly educated as to the wonders of MGS 4 trailers (I'm not being sarcastic, btw, I adore the MGS series).
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fawst on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:30 am

Believe me, there was absolutely zero exaggeration when I said that it was a bold statement you made. 15 minutes of gameplay, and it... is... godly.

If Hideo Kojima were to never make another Metal Gear, but gave his blessing to have the team remake every game using the MGS4 engine, and adding all kinds of gameplay tweaks to the older ones, I would be a happy, happy man.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:59 am

It seems the Umbrella Corporation has a zombie addiction that just cannot be cured with a pistol and a rocket launcher. Wouldn't the STARS team just give up by now? I mean, every time they risk life and limb to save things, everything just gets fucked up.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Vegeta on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:05 am

Thank God they will be releasing RE5 on XBOX360. I would of been crestfallen had they not. I absolutely love RE4, what a brillant game. Just addictive.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Re: Resident Evil 5

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:11 am

Fievel wrote:I can't believe there isn't a topic for this one yet!..... (???)

After seeing the Extended Trailer, I'm in love... lust... whatever you call it.
I want it now!!!

And who is that girl at the end?
Jill??? Claire???
Hopefully one of them. As good as the gameplay was in RE4, I'd like to see it get back to the original storylines somehow.
And I'd also prefer a return to the slow flesh-eating zombies, but this will work, too.

Man I loved it! Looks like it's going to be great.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:11 am

Oh yeah, and don't go and hide in the little huts at the end with all the goodies in because he can squash those too......

Wise words indeed. You know the bit where you fight the guy whose eyelids have been sealed shut, so he can only hear you? Did anyone else think there's a section in the Gears of War Story Mode which was very, VERY similar to this? It seemed so similar to me that I figured it must be some kind of "homage"....

Oh, and apparently, if you try to look up Ashley's skirt when she's waiting for you to catch her, you get a little extra characterisation. That's what I've heard, anyway. Obviously, I wouldn't try to do anything so disgustingly perverted....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:18 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Oh, and apparently, if you try to look up Ashley's skirt when she's waiting for you to catch her, you get a little extra characterisation. That's what I've heard, anyway. Obviously, I wouldn't try to do anything so disgustingly perverted....

Haha I heard about that too.

:oops: I tested it. :oops:

:oops: She doesn't like that :oops:

:lol:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:26 am

godzillasushi wrote:Haha I heard about that too.

I tested it with the sniper scope

:shock:
:oops:

ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:28 am

godzillasushi wrote:
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Oh, and apparently, if you try to look up Ashley's skirt when she's waiting for you to catch her, you get a little extra characterisation. That's what I've heard, anyway. Obviously, I wouldn't try to do anything so disgustingly perverted....

It's just much easier to complete it play it again with the 'special' costumes and watch her walk around with a Camel toe...

Also, i have played the game too many times really... has anyone else managed to suplex a zombie yet?? You can only do it when they are on stairs from my experience, but still quite fun...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:32 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

I tested it with the sniper scope

:shock:
:oops:

That goes beyond intrigue to a place called 'pervert'...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Fawst on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:41 am

The best part about Ashley's skirt antics is the fact that I honestly did it by accident. I was looking up wondering what she was doing, then I got called a pervert. Too funny. Even better is how my fiancee hit me when she saw the Britney Spears costume. Like I had anything to do with that... :D
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DanielSan on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:02 pm

That trailer looks great! I bought the Gamecube a few years back JUST so I could play RE4. Well worth it. The best video game I've ever played. And RE5 looks like RE4 on steroids!!

I'm gonna have to buckle down and get a PS3. Anyone know if the price is gonna drop any more on it?
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:14 pm

kid on an escalator wrote:
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Aaargh! I can't watch the trailer at work, but I'll be sure to when I get home. If memory serves, this one is coming out on the PS3, right? I seem to remember hearing that it was a console exclusive, but I can't remember which, although I'm pretty sure it isn't coming to Wii. Shame really, because I've been having a total blast with the Wii Edition of RE: 4

It's coming to both Xbox 360 and PS3. And it's coming before 2010.

Fievel wrote:And who is that girl at the end?
Jill??? Claire???
Hopefully one of them.

The girl at the end is definitely not Jill or Claire. It is most likely Sherryl Berkin from RE2.

Sherry Birkin would be a welcome return - especially if she has some sort of dormant G-Virus left in her from RE2.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fawst on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:50 pm

The question remains, is this a sequel to Code Veronica or not? That game had a WIDE open ending. This could essentially be a prequel to 4. Umbrella was nowhere to be found in 4, perhaps this one could finish the Redfield story and their battle against Umbrella?

I just want to play as Claire again, hopefully they put her in this one later in the game as a playable character.
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby kid on an escalator on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Fawst wrote:The question remains, is this a sequel to Code Veronica or not? That game had a WIDE open ending. This could essentially be a prequel to 4. Umbrella was nowhere to be found in 4, perhaps this one could finish the Redfield story and their battle against Umbrella?

I just want to play as Claire again, hopefully they put her in this one later in the game as a playable character.

It's a sequel to RE4. We'll get the story between CV and 4 in RE Umbrella Chronicles on Wii.
kid on an escalator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby ChaoticMoira on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:55 pm

I saw this trailer a few weeks ago when it was released and it still pleases me to watch it. This is by far the best game series imo.

I am glad they are using Chris Redfield too. His character has always been my favorite. I also wouldn't mind seeing Billy Coen again. I believe they are both going to be in The Umbrella game that is coming out in a few months. WOOHOO!
ChaoticMoira
SUSAN CAGLE

Resident Evil 5-----Now with Co-op Action

Postby Coldfire24 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Looking forward to this game big time. Today January 20th the demo was suppose to be released on xbox live with playstation 3 peeps getting it a bit after. After work I'm going to download it. It's a co-op demo. This might be a zombie experience even better than Left 4 Dead. Anyone else excited? I'll report on the demo after I play it.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Re: Resident Evil 5-----Now with Co-op Action

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Coldfire24 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:57 pm

DAMN. I searched for this thread I swear to you!!!!!!

/quit zone again
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:04 pm

:lol: :lol:

I can't believe that thread went a year and a half without a post! :shock:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Coldfire24 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:07 pm

We need a mod on aisle three! Aisle three needs a mod!
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby tfactor on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:44 am

Erm um...we downloaded the demo for this recently. If you haven't done so yet - be warned; this game does not handle smoothly! It could be that we've been spoiled by the controls on games like GOW2 & L4D but bare in mind; this is also coming from HUGE RE4 fans - we played the shit out of that game up until 1 year ago when we finally sold our Gamecube!

Truthfully I wanted this game to be everything we had hoped it would but instead we found something closer to Army of Two's stupidly unique controls which divert drastically from the norm. Why do developers do this? :evil:

Anyway I'll hold off on fully ripping this game to shreds for now but from what I've seen thus far (and in the wake of the amazing Left 4 dead) honestly I am not really that impressed at all with this game. In fact I'm downright disappointed! I'll remain optimistic until release date but I'm saying now - there is no way this will be as popular (or at least not nearly as replayable) as RE4. :(

I hope I'm wrong.
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby papalazeru on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:47 am

tfactor wrote:Erm um...we downloaded the demo for this recently. If you haven't done so yet - be warned; this game does not handle smoothly! It could be that we've been spoiled by the controls on games like GOW2 & L4D but bare in mind; this is also coming from HUGE RE4 fans - we played the shit out of that game up until 1 year ago when we finally sold our Gamecube!

Truthfully I wanted this game to be everything we had hoped it would but instead we found something closer to Army of Two's stupidly unique controls which divert drastically from the norm. Why do developers do this? :evil:

Anyway I'll hold off on fully ripping this game to shreds for now but from what I've seen thus far (and in the wake of the amazing Left 4 dead) honestly I am not really that impressed at all with this game. In fact I'm downright disappointed! I'll remain optimistic until release date but I'm saying now - there is no way this will be as popular (or at least not nearly as replayable) as RE4. :(

I hope I'm wrong.
T

Any with new content coming for Left 4 Dead....why bother with RE5 :D

I liked RE4 on the Wii. I'll give this a go if it comes out on the wii, I loved the control system.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Seppuku on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Coldfire24 wrote:We need a mod on aisle three! Aisle three needs a mod!

Done! And only a month late, too!

:oops: I guess none of the mods go into the game forum much.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:52 pm

Dino Kong made me give up gaming altogether...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Return to Games