Street Fighter 4 (Hadouken up your ass!)

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: Street Fighter 4 (Hadouken up your ass!)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:27 pm

I was more of a Streets of Rage guy back in the day, but you learn about all this other stuff when you get knee deep in SF Cannon.

Haggar was the star of the Muscle Bomber/Slam Masters series of games (he was a pro-wrestler before he became mayor of Metro City/The Universe) and SF cannon says that Gief and Haggar were a tag-team at one point. If they added him to SF IV, he'd have almost the same moveset as Zangief.
In SF IV, Zangief's alt costume #1 is Haggar's Final Fight/UMvsC3 outfit, so you can kinda pretend Haggar made the cut.

Hugo has been playable in Street Fighter III, SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos and Streetfighter vs Tekken.

King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:59 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:Gief and Haggar were a tag-team at one point. If they added him to SF IV, he'd have almost the same moveset as Zangief.
In SF IV, Zangief's alt costume #1 is Haggar's Final Fight/UMvsC3 outfit, so you can kinda pretend Haggar made the cut.

Cuz we all know, no fighting game would ever pad out their roster with re-skins and palette swaps of existing characters. :wink:

King of Nowhere wrote:Hugo has been playable in Street Fighter III, SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos and Streetfighter vs Tekken.

Yeah, I knew about Hugo being a playable character in SF3 even though I never really played that game much (I had mostly stoped playing videogames at this point in my life).

I didn't really pay any attention to SF vs Tekken. I remember it getting horrible reviews and getting boycotted for Capcom pushing it too far with only releasing half a game and expecting gamers to buy the rest in DLC installments.

I like fighting games, but there's only so many I need at any one time. Lately, things seem to have returned to a mid to late 90s environment where there's an oversaturation of these games. I remember when I first bought my X360, I went looking for a fighting game, and I think the only one available was DOA4. These days a fighting gamer certainly has his pick of the litter.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:49 pm

All you SF maniacs probably already heard about this. But the Ultra edition will allow you to play all the versions of each character from each iteration of the SF4 series. In each iteration various characters are refined to make them stronger or weaker in an effort to balance out the game so that no one character has a clear advantage or disadvantage. So if you liked how strong a character was in a particular iteration, you can use that version.

This option will only be for offline play. The game will be re-balanced once again for this new iteration and that balancing is the only one you're allowed to use online.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby travis-dane on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:08 am

Spandau Belly wrote:All you SF maniacs probably already heard about this. But the Ultra edition will allow you to play all the versions of each character from each iteration of the SF4 series. In each iteration various characters are refined to make them stronger or weaker in an effort to balance out the game so that no one character has a clear advantage or disadvantage. So if you liked how strong a character was in a particular iteration, you can use that version.

This option will only be for offline play. The game will be re-balanced once again for this new iteration and that balancing is the only one you're allowed to use online.

Hey Spandau, this a little off topic, but you really need to play SAINTS ROW IV, if there is a game out there that was made just for you and me, it's SRIV.
I did not play the other SR games, so dont worry about that.(I played SR III after part IV, it's good, but you just need part 4 to be happy.)
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Yeah, I played SR3 and thought it was hilarious. I will check out SR4 one of these days. Thanks!
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:05 pm

They announced that the final added character is a chick called Decapre and everybody seems to think this is the most disappointing awful thing ever. Capcom is getting booed all over the internet for this. It doesn't really bother me.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:59 am

What's the backstory about why this is getting booed? Bad character design?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:45 pm

Capcom re-used the character model from Cammy. Although the character won't play the same, people think it's cheap to basically re-skin an existing model. I sorta thought SF fans would be used to re-skins by now.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:59 pm

I thought she looked familiar!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Street Fighter 5

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:17 pm

Street Fighter 5 Leaks Online As A PlayStation And PC Exclusive
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:42 am

Here's more of the Gameplay.

Doesn't really look much different from IV at this point.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Re: Street Fighter V

Postby TheButcher on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:56 am

IGN:
5 Reasons Street Fighter V Looks a Lot Like Street Fighter III
Certain hints in Street Fighter V's debut trailer hint that Capcom's upcoming fighter might be drawing inspiration from an unexpected place
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:20 am

I guess you really need to be a fan to see any differences between the new game and previous ones...it looked the same to me. Its got a 90s vibe to it, graphically. At least to my eyes.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:25 pm

The look, sound, and gameplay of the series has been a steady refinement of everything that was laid down early on.

The Mortal Kombat series tried a lot more things/gimmicks to try and change it up and keep it fresh over the years, many of which just didn't work but a lot of which added value to the overall package.

MK (and their studio Netherrealm) has done some things that I wish SF would learn from. SF continues to basically just give people this arcade experience and the attitude seems to be that people who buy an SF game are old pros who just want to battle online (and that may be the case). I think a story mode that is as fleshed out as what Netherrealms does would be nice. I'd like them to have a deeper training aspect to the game that really coaches you on how to improve and learn the techniques, this could help bring in new fans.

And I have yet to find a fighting game that does a good job of matching skill level online. I'm a pretty casual player and I'm okay at fighting games, but by no means a really skilled player. But I can't count how many times they pit me against some crazy pro who has like 300 straight wins or something. I get that you learn best from fighting a stronger player, but there's a point where it's just too frustrating.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:
And I have yet to find a fighting game that does a good job of matching skill level online. I'm a pretty casual player and I'm okay at fighting games, but by no means a really skilled player. But I can't count how many times they pit me against some crazy pro who has like 300 straight wins or something. I get that you learn best from fighting a stronger player, but there's a point where it's just too frustrating.

n00b!!!!

I hear ya...but this scenario in unavoidable in any multiplayer online gaming. I consider myself an "average" Call of Duty online player, but there are times when I get my ass kicked so fucking hard by guys who are at such a higher level than I am.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Street Fighter V

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:05 am

Street Fighter V Roster Size Is 16, Time/Weather Effects In Stages, New Mechanics, More Comparison Screenshot
Sehran Shaikh wrote:Below are the full details shared by Bogard, take it with a grain of salt as Capcom has not yet officially confirmed it:

Time / Weather effects in stages
    Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.
    Unreal Engine 4
    The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.
    16 characters
    No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
    The story mode will be way much better.
    The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa.

Street Fighter 5 PS4/PC Graphics Will Only Get Better, Producer Says
The version of the fighting game shown so far is in the early stages of development, Yoshinori Ono says

Street Fighter V Being Built on Unreal Engine 4
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Games