Page 3 of 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:53 pm
by Cha-Ka Khan
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:56 pm
by King Of Nowhere
Moonwalker kicked ass back in the day.
It's quite disturbing now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:08 am
by vicious_bastard
stereosforgeeks wrote:That was listed on Cracked's Ten Hardest Old School Games list here


Damn good read - cheers for that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:04 am
by ThisIsTheGirl
Cha-Ka Khan wrote:Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, anyone?


Fairly poor game, but the Special Moves were awesome!!

Still, I guess we should just be thankful that they never made a videogame of The Wiz....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:12 am
by papalazeru
vicious_bastard wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:That was listed on Cracked's Ten Hardest Old School Games list here


Damn good read - cheers for that.


Seconded. I enjoyed that nostalgic run bit I don't agree with them about being hard.

TMNT was a easy for sure and I complete Ghosts n Goblins on the arcade (it was with quite a few friends). I can understand some of the other suggestions there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:15 am
by Nordling
JUDGE DREDD had another sidescroller that was pretty decent too, if I remember correctly. A tie in from the movie, not the comic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:30 am
by thomasgaffney
vicious_bastard wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:That was listed on Cracked's Ten Hardest Old School Games list here


Damn good read - cheers for that.


Tyson's Punch-Out wasn't hard, once you realized his blinking gave away his next move. (one eye blinks - an uppercut from that side. both eyes blink - a fury of 3 straight uppercuts. if i remember correctly).

Ninja Gaiden was a fucking bitch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:43 am
by ThisIsTheGirl
thomasgaffney wrote:Tyson's Punch-Out wasn't hard, once you realized his blinking gave away his next move. (one eye blinks - an uppercut from that side. both eyes blink - a fury of 3 straight uppercuts. if i remember correctly).


OMG - so many childhood memories just came flooding back to me when I read that! Punch-out, eh? Great days! Happy, happy days indeed......


.....punctuated by deep, dark pits of despair.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:33 pm
by Wolfpack
Any game made out of these Disney teeny bopper shows are a blight on soceity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:03 pm
by papalazeru
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
thomasgaffney wrote:
Tyson's Punch-Out wasn't hard, once you realized his blinking gave away his next move. (one eye blinks - an uppercut from that side. both eyes blink - a fury of 3 straight uppercuts. if i remember correctly).


OMG - so many childhood memories just came flooding back to me when I read that! Punch-out, eh? Great days! Happy, happy days indeed......


.....punctuated by deep, dark pits of despair.


A couple of word for you there.

M.A.M.E, Emulated and Roms.

There. Should make you feel so much better. I've got punch out and it's freakin' awesome. Still a good 'un.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:06 am
by King Of Nowhere
Behold the shitness!

Image
Image
Image

Wayne's World for the GENESIS/MD & SNES.
(screen shots taken from GENESIS/MD version)

The SNES version Looks & Sounds a little better, but they are both awful.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:13 am
by Seppuku
Anyone here ever play The Blues Brothers Game? My little brother and I would play this on multiplayer all the time. It was actually pretty decent, and it had a really good soundtrack in the age when MIDIs didn't seem quite so naff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:20 am
by King Of Nowhere
Played the Blues Brothers game for the SNES, this one looks different though.

Don't remember playing it on C64.

EDIT: Damn, that aint midi, it's using my computer's internal speaker.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:28 am
by LaDracul
The only good part of the "Wayne's World" game was when they make a reference to "Regarding Henry: the Video Game".

Now I'd like to see THAT one released.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:28 am
by Seppuku
king_of_nowhere wrote:Played the Blues Brothers game for the SNES, this one looks different though.

Don't remember playing it on C64.

EDIT: Damn, that aint midi, it's using my computer's internal speaker.


I was actually thinking about the Snes version. I guess I should research my own links better.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:42 am
by King Of Nowhere
seppukudkurosawa wrote:
king_of_nowhe re wrote:Played the Blues Brothers game for the SNES, this one looks different though.

Don't remember playing it on C64.

EDIT: Damn, that aint midi, it's using my computer's internal speaker.


I was actually thinking about the Snes version. I guess I should research my own links better.


the SNES one was really hard, from what i can remember.
I kept dying at the start of the 1st level.
It looked great though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:53 am
by Seppuku
king_of_nowhere wrote:
seppukudkurosa wa wrote:
king_of_nowhe re wrote:Played the Blues Brothers game for the SNES, this one looks different though.

Don't remember playing it on C64.

EDIT: Damn, that aint midi, it's using my computer's internal speaker.


I was actually thinking about the Snes version. I guess I should research my own links better.


the SNES one was really hard, from what i can remember.
I kept dying at the start of the 1st level.
It looked great though.


It was much easier on two-player, where you could do things like jump on Elwood's shoulders so he can throw you onto that tricky ledge.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:03 am
by ThisIsTheGirl
I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but isn't it a foregone conclusion that the Lost videogame due out next year is going to be unremittingly shit?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:20 am
by Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but isn't it a foregone conclusion that the Lost videogame due out next year is going to be unremittingly shit?



That and Heroes most likely.

Which will be good... something both fan-bases can actually agree on then. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:26 am
by vicious_bastard
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but isn't it a foregone conclusion that the Lost videogame due out next year is going to be unremittingly shit?


I dunno, it would be pretty awesome if you could play as Sayid and brutally torture people. I bet they cynically insert something 'exclusive' pertaining to the new series to make a few more quid.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:27 am
by ThisIsTheGirl
Heh - thing is, I think you COULD create a superb vg out of both shows, but more than likely they will fuck it up....

I see you're already dressed for the show, Spiff! I'd better go and do the same....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:46 am
by godzillasushi
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but isn't it a foregone conclusion that the Lost videogame due out next year is going to be unremittingly shit?


I saw a trailer for it a while back and it looked like Doom 3 with the plastic graphics/everything must be shiny.

It will be pretty bad. Unless they somehow re-create the whole island faithfully and allow me to be the smoke monster and kill people with no point in doing so.

Oh, and I want to push Hurley off a cliff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:47 am
by King Of Nowhere
godzillasushi wrote:
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but isn't it a foregone conclusion that the Lost videogame due out next year is going to be unremittingly shit?


I saw a trailer for it a while back and it looked like Doom 3 with the plastic graphics/everything must be shiny.


Lost as a 1st person shooter could work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 am
by godzillasushi
It's 3rd person. Which is why that graphical style does not lend itself to a Lost game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:51 am
by Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
3rd person's okay, I'm assuming that it's more of an exploritory type game anyways.

Although that does work for 1st person mode too.

::shrugs::

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:51 am
by Bayouwolf
godzillasushi wrote:
Oh, and I want to push Hurley off a cliff.


I bet he'd bounce. ;)
FPS with Lost. Nah, I'm gonna say give it the Tomb Raider treatment.

Multiple characters in the same level all working toward a different goal.
That'd be so fetch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:55 am
by King Of Nowhere
i could see lost working as a 3D platformer, something similar to Pandemonium or Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.
Or maybe as a kinda Prince Of Persia type game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:55 am
by ThisIsTheGirl
godzillasushi wrote:It will be pretty bad. Unless they somehow re-create the whole island faithfully and allow me to be the smoke monster and kill people with no point in doing so.



OMG - that would be awesome. I'm serious - THAT is the sort of thing they should do with a property like Lost, but you just know it will be some kind of generic shooting/puzzle combo!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:56 am
by godzillasushi
I'm guessing you are Locke, and you just go from point A to point B to get the "oil can" and bring it back to "Jack." Then get the "medicine" from the van, and the "rag" from the tailsection. "Combine" the "stick" with the "rag" to make a "stick rag." Then light it to find your way to "Claire" who is sick.




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



....no really, that's probably it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:03 pm
by ThisIsTheGirl
LOL


"Your stickrag broke - GAME OVER"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:36 pm
by LaDracul
godzillasushi wrote:
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but isn't it a foregone conclusion that the Lost videogame due out next year is going to be unremittingly shit?


I saw a trailer for it a while back and it looked like Doom 3 with the plastic graphics/everything must be shiny.

It will be pretty bad. Unless they somehow re-create the whole island faithfully and allow me to be the smoke monster and kill people with no point in doing so.

Oh, and I want to push Hurley off a cliff.


But if they turn to cannibalism, wouldn't he be the best choice to start eating?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:14 pm
by King Of Nowhere
Image

Image

Indiana Jones on the genesis/mega drive.

Looked great, played like shit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:11 pm
by Bob Samonkey
godzillasushi wrote:I'm guessing you are Locke, and you just go from point A to point B to get the "oil can" and bring it back to "Jack." Then get the "medicine" from the van, and the "rag" from the tailsection. "Combine" the "stick" with the "rag" to make a "stick rag." Then light it to find your way to "Claire" who is sick.




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



....no really, that's probably it.


I read that you are one of the extra crash victims and your story is around the main story but not having anything to do with it. Kinda like Nicky and Paulo. The Lost writers are writing it so it could be good. Who knows...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:53 pm
by Nachokoolaid
Fawst wrote:Image

Game, set, WAITFORIT... Match.

Worst tie-in ever.


I was reading through this thread to see if anyone posted this, because if not, I was going to. This is the first game that came to mind in terms of cashing in on cheap product placement, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:15 pm
by LaDracul
Well, this isn't a traditional tie-in, but remember "Muppet Race Mania"? It was a racing game starring the Muppets, and they had courses based on their movies up to "Muppets From Space".

Image

And you could also play as Bean Bunny. :D Maybe I should go and try to find a copy on eBay...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:22 pm
by Bob Samonkey
LaDracul wrote:Well, this isn't a traditional tie-in, but remember "Muppet Race Mania"? It was a racing game starring the Muppets, and they had courses based on their movies up to "Muppets From Space".

Image

And you could also play as Bean Bunny. :D Maybe I should go and try to find a copy on eBay...


You can come over and play mine!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:56 am
by CeeBeeUK
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:I'm guessing you are Locke, and you just go from point A to point B to get the "oil can" and bring it back to "Jack." Then get the "medicine" from the van, and the "rag" from the tailsection. "Combine" the "stick" with the "rag" to make a "stick rag." Then light it to find your way to "Claire" who is sick.




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



....no really, that's probably it.


I read that you are one of the extra crash victims and your story is around the main story but not having anything to do with it. Kinda like Nicky and Paulo. The Lost writers are writing it so it could be good. Who knows...



I want you to think very carefully about what you are saying :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:03 am
by Chilli
I'd love to play as Locke, and retcon events so that he never goes through his tedious 'crisis of faith' storyline.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:08 pm
by Bob Samonkey
CeeBeeUK wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:I'm guessing you are Locke, and you just go from point A to point B to get the "oil can" and bring it back to "Jack." Then get the "medicine" from the van, and the "rag" from the tailsection. "Combine" the "stick" with the "rag" to make a "stick rag." Then light it to find your way to "Claire" who is sick.




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



....no really, that's probably it.


I read that you are one of the extra crash victims and your story is around the main story but not having anything to do with it. Kinda like Nicky and Paulo. The Lost writers are writing it so it could be good. Who knows...



I want you to think very carefully about what you are saying :D


Hey it's Lost. Stranger things have happened...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:19 pm
by Chilli
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
CeeBeeUK wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:I'm guessing you are Locke, and you just go from point A to point B to get the "oil can" and bring it back to "Jack." Then get the "medicine" from the van, and the "rag" from the tailsection. "Combine" the "stick" with the "rag" to make a "stick rag." Then light it to find your way to "Claire" who is sick.




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



....no really, that's probably it.


I read that you are one of the extra crash victims and your story is around the main story but not having anything to do with it. Kinda like Nicky and Paulo. The Lost writers are writing it so it could be good. Who knows...



I want you to think very carefully about what you are saying :D


Hey it's Lost. Stranger things have happened...


Yep. People are still defending S2.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:31 pm
by King Of Nowhere
Time to bump this thread!

Put these in the GOOD section.

SAM & MAX

A comic book that got turned into a point & click game, then into a TV series, then back into a series of point & click games.

The Comic Book
Image

The DOS game

Image Image

The recent episodic games
Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:48 pm
by junesquad
I would like to see them remake the old DOS computer game: Lemmings

Image

The lemmings would walk in a straight line and you had to make certain lemmings do specific tasks so that the lemmings could make it to the door without dying. I LOVED IT.

Image

Last I checked you could actually play the game online now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:53 pm
by King Of Nowhere
erm, last time i checked, Lemmings wasn't a tie in or "franchise extension".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:58 pm
by junesquad
king_of_nowhere wrote:erm, last time i checked, Lemmings wasn't a tie in or "franchise extension".


Sorry... I read the thread and thought that it would be cool if the brought back lemmings with today's technology... so I thought I would post it here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:01 pm
by King Of Nowhere
junesquad wrote:
king_of_nowhere wrote:
erm, last time i checked, Lemmings wasn't a tie in or "franchise extension".


Sorry... I read the thread and thought that it would be cool if the brought back lemmings with today's technology... so I thought I would post it here.


Well, if you thought you'd post that here then you didn't really read the thread, the clue is in the title.
This thread is for Tie-ins, go start a Retro Remakes thread or something for the lemmings thing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:06 pm
by junesquad
king_of_nowhere wrote:
junesquad wrote:
king_of_nowhere wrote:
erm, last time i checked, Lemmings wasn't a tie in or "franchise extension".


Sorry... I read the thread and thought that it would be cool if the brought back lemmings with today's technology... so I thought I would post it here.


Well, if you thought you'd post that here then you didn't really read the thread, the clue is in the title.
This thread is for Tie-ins, go start a Retro Remakes thread or something for the lemmings thing.


Well, I did read the thread, but based off the first post, I thought it could be related to video games that they just kept bring back in newer forms that weren't any good. I am sorry that I misunderstood the concept entirely. I didn't know there was a movie called Evil Dead.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:10 pm
by Retardo_Montalban
ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
papalazeru wrote:I know it was a good game but does Clumsy Colin count as a bad tie in as it was just about advertising the damn Skips crisps.

I suppose the first real advertised product in a game.


Which came first?



Image


I own this game. I still have it and played it as recently as 6 months ago. It is awesome!

The worst tie-in games for me were Total Recall and Bill & Ted. I had no idea what to do in Total Recall. I'd go in a back alley and kill some guy and then wander around some more. Bill & Ted was even worse. I'd spend hours trying to find these people I'm supposed to talk to and I'd find all but one in the first 10 minutes and spend the rest of the time going back and forth. I think I was able to get on a horse or something but I couldn't control the horse and fell off.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:11 pm
by Retardo_Montalban
junesquad wrote:
Well, I did read the thread, but based off the first post, I thought it could be related to video games that they just kept bring back in newer forms that weren't any good. I am sorry that I misunderstood the concept entirely. I didn't know there was a movie called Evil Dead.



graaa?

Still to this day, I am astounded.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:13 pm
by King Of Nowhere
junesquad wrote: I didn't know there was a movie called Evil Dead.


Please go directly to nearest video store & pick up Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 & Army Of Darkness, you owe it to yourself.

P.S. don't let DJJ know you've never seen the Evil Dead movies.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm
by junesquad
Anywho... the tie-in game that I did buy was:

Image

Image

Sega's Batman forever... movement was choppy... the game was easy, but it was difficult to play because of the crappy quality of the game. The animated Batman game was SOOO much better. (The game based of the animated cartoon)
Image

Image

However, now I feel I must point out a game that I got based off a movie that was AMAZING is...

Image

Spider-Man 2

Image

With the amazing graphics, ease of movement and free-style swinging, Spider-Man 2 on XBOX has to be one of my most favorite games... EVER.